PDA

View Full Version : Magic could've gotten Vince Carter

MSA2CF
09-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Cry Vince, cry.

sweabs
09-22-2004, 09:14 PM
The people here already hated him enough...now all of this garbage.

I can hear some "boos" already from the home opener...:laugh:

une
09-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Maybe Carter will end up here.

MSA2CF
09-22-2004, 09:16 PM

Maybe I'll become President of the United States.

Kstat
09-22-2004, 09:17 PM

If the Pacers want Vince, they'll need to give up Ron.

BTW, I agree with Gabriel for once. Between two underachieving, overrated all-stars, I'll take the one that doesn't get hurt every 10 games.

une
09-22-2004, 09:20 PM

Well depending on who you listen to the management wants Ron gone.

Kstat
09-22-2004, 09:24 PM

I'm not saying this can't happen, I'm saying that you'll rue the day it does.

If Ron gets sent packing for VINCE CARTER? Oh man, i'll have the :lurk: going for the next 2 months....the bedlam would be unprecidented.....

I'm pretty sure Vince Carter got ripped on more than any other player in the NBA in this forum last season......

une
09-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Oh I wouldn't want that kind of trade to go down. But if all this negative talk about Ron is true then I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

ImReppinBtown
09-22-2004, 10:21 PM
first of all ron isnt under achieving, and second of all vince will not be a pacer next year, he will never be a pacer

skyfire
09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
first of all ron isnt under achieving, and second of all vince will not be a pacer next year, he will never be a pacer

I'm pretty sure Kstat was refering to Steve Francis in that comparison. I havn't seen many games that Vince has played in but I wouldn't think it would be possible to have worse shot selection than Francis.

Kstat
09-22-2004, 11:35 PM

I'm pretty sure Kstat was refering to Steve Francis in that comparison. I havn't seen many games that Vince has played in but I wouldn't think it would be possible to have worse shot selection than Francis.

I also didn't think it was possible to play the game with any less passion than Dominique Wilkins......until I saw Vince carter.

sweabs
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM

And you're wrong...Vince proves that you can in fact have worse shot selection than Francis.

Peck
09-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm one of those few rare people that think that Vince will be better with a change of locations. I'm not thinking he will be an elite player but I think he can be a contributer on a solid team.

Gyron
09-23-2004, 08:39 AM
I just hope he's not given the chance to contribute on this solid team......We don't need "part-time" Carter on this team for sure.

ChicagoJ
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM

I'm not saying this can't happen, I'm saying that you'll rue the day it does.

If Ron gets sent packing for VINCE CARTER? Oh man, i'll have the :lurk: going for the next 2 months....the bedlam would be unprecidented.....

I'm pretty sure Vince Carter got ripped on more than any other player in the NBA in this forum last season......

Even *I* would complain about a Ron for Vince trade - and it would cost far more than Ron to make the $$$ work.

une
09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Indiana trades:
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.2 minutes)

Indiana receives:
SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, -3.7 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Toronto trades:
SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)

Toronto receives:
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 73 games)

Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, +3.7 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Maybe management has been preparing us for this.

Hicks
09-23-2004, 11:40 AM
I've ripped Vince in the past. Mainly because I hate how much hype his legions of fans pour on him. If he came here, part of me would think we're screwed, another "what will he be like under this coaching staff, and on the best team he's ever been on in the NBA?". Who knows. It's a big gamble.

ChicagoJ
09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Ron + AC for Vinnie?

PG - JT/AJ/EG/RW
SG - Sjax/Uncle/Freddie
SF - Carter/JJ
PF - Foster/Bender
C - JO/Harrison/Pollard

Are we trying to become the smallest team ever?

Yikes!!