PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert mimmicks Mutumbo

indygeezer
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

BPump33
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I thought Coach Vogel told him to count how many blocks he had by sticking that many fingers in the air after each one. In the video he does appear to wag the finger, though.

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
he said in an interview before the season he would do that this season after getting blocks.

Trophy
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
That was a great block by Roy.

Showing David Lee who's the man.

TheDon
03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Bpump is right vogel told him to do this he puts up a finger for every block he gets.

Cactus Jax
03-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Part of me says this is cool and reminds me of early 90's NBA where Shawn Kemp was dunking on people and pointing at them, and Dikembe was wagging his finger at everyone, but part of me would rather see him hustle to insure the Pacers get the ball or that he's out running the fast break. If the ball goes out of bounds then I guess its fine.

DemonHunter1105
03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
If him getting a block leads to us having a fast break with numbers, I want him to stay back so they can't cherry pick once we score. Plus there is no point in him running and getting tired when the chance of him scoring on a fast break is very small (except when he goes for a coast to coast dunk).

Trying to argue he is doing something wrong here just seems very nitpicky.

Strummer
03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd prefer he just hold up one finger each time rather than trying to keep count of how many he has in the game. Thinking about your stats during a game isn't a good thing.

thefeistyone
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd prefer he just hold up one finger each time rather than trying to keep count of how many he has in the game. Thinking about your stats during a game isn't a good thing.

I disagree

If it's a stat that's normally low and involves hustle, I don't have any problem with it. It's just a motivational tool, the guy is a 7 footer, he should have a couple blocks a game. It should be something he focuses on.

Now if Dante Jones starts counting shot attempts we could have some issues.

BringJackBack
03-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Woah, when I was watching the game I didn't even notice how sick that block was.

NapTonius Monk
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Part of me says this is cool and reminds me of early 90's NBA where Shawn Kemp was dunking on people and pointing at them, and Dikembe was wagging his finger at everyone, but part of me would rather see him hustle to insure the Pacers get the ball or that he's out running the fast break. If the ball goes out of bounds then I guess its fine.Slick mentions this quite a bit, about how many players like to go for the highlight smash out of bounds when blocking a shot. But he mentions that Bill Russell would always try to block the ball to a teammate, so they would get possession.

NapTonius Monk
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I'll tell you, I wish Roy would stop being Charlie McCupcake around the rim, and take it to the rim with authority. I cringe when he blows the bunnies.

BPump33
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll tell you, I wish Roy would stop being Charlie McCupcake around the rim, and take it to the rim with authority. I cringe when he blows the bunnies.

Awesome.

PacerDude
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Isn't Roy playing better since the 'change' ??

Wouldn't know it by reading some of these responses.

I don't care if he does calculus after a block. Just keep playing and improving as he has been the last month.

DEEman
03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Angela Sun is hot