PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One? Tell me I'm Crazy

Swish
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Purdue's JuJuan Johnson in a Pacer uniform next season? The kid is beasting right now, and a finalist for the National Player of the Year. He fits a need, and seems to be a great kid.

I also wouldn't mind seeing E'twuan Moore, either. A few mocks I've seen have Moore slotted a few picks above us in the 2nd.

And believe me, I'm no Purdue fan, but these two kids are stellar. Am I wrong?

Kegboy
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I'd be happy with Johnson, but considering he's a dreaded stretch-four, I can certainly understand people not wanting him. His strength is a real problem, but he's long, athletic, has a good head on his shoulders and is capable of hitting from anywhere on the court. There's a place for him in this league, I just don't know if it's here.

Moore's game suffers when his teammates stop screening for him. Sure, he's capable of going off like he did against Lighty, but he can't consistently create his own shot. That, combined with his lack of size, means he will have significant trouble in the pro game. I do think in the right situation he could be very successful in Europe, though.

DemonHunter1105
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
I used to think Moore was going to be a decent player in the league, but there are just too many guards that are quicker/more size/better shooters. If he can earn a spot on a team though I think he would end up doing well.

JaJuan should easily be able to find a place in this league, I just think people will be able to expose his weaknesses pretty easily when he is on the court (i.e. he is still a toothpick)

imbtyler
03-01-2011, 07:38 PM
You are the only one. You're crazy.

troyc11a
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
You are the only one. You're crazy.

Johnson will be a solid rotation player. He will play at least 10 years in the NBA unless injuries set in. Will he be an all-star? I seriously doubt it. But he will be long gone before the Pacers pick, or there will be some really dumb GM's.

cdash
03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Johnson will be a solid rotation player. He will play at least 10 years in the NBA unless injuries set in. Will he be an all-star? I seriously doubt it. But he will be long gone before the Pacers pick, or there will be some really dumb GM's.

You really think he is a lottery pick? We will likely be the first team drafting outside the lottery, so if he is gone before we pick, he will be in the lottery. Not sure I see that happening.

NapTonius Monk
03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Is Johnson the reincarnation of Solo?

idioteque
03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Johnson is an incredibly hard worker and definitely will do everything in his power to get better. He was ridiculously raw going into high school and earned his scholarship at Purdue as much as anyone ever has. I think he's got what it takes to be in the league.

The Jackson shimmy
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
If JJ is a Lottery pick next June, then this is indeed one of the worst
draft's in a long, long time.

Swish
03-01-2011, 08:58 PM
All of the mocks I saw have him as a late 1st/early 2nd.

IndyPacer
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
You really think he is a lottery pick? We will likely be the first team drafting outside the lottery, so if he is gone before we pick, he will be in the lottery. Not sure I see that happening.

Maybe he meant 2nd round?

pujhutt50
03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
JaJuan can shoot from outside, but he is an excellent low post scorer as well. I would like to see him on the Pacers. He's a really good guy and down to earth as well. He's got a good head on his shoulders, and just continues to work hard. Even though he's a senior, he still has some upside and room to grow.

troyc11a
03-01-2011, 10:17 PM

First team All American; Finalist for the national player of the year. Plays against the best and excells. I hate Purdue but I respect the heck out his game. I forgot for a moment that the NBA do not draft based on how good a player is but how good they "project" them to be.

Let me restate this. He will have a long career and will out-produce the majority of lottery picks in the draft. He is a solid NBA player who will fit in any teams rotation. I really cannot see 14-15 players in college who is better than him.

troyc11a
03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
JaJuan can shoot from outside, but he is an excellent low post scorer as well. I would like to see him on the Pacers. He's a really good guy and down to earth as well. He's got a good head on his shoulders, and just continues to work hard. Even though he's a senior, he still has some upside and room to grow.

I agree. There is no way he will not out produce 75% of the lottery picks. But the NBA does not draft like the NFL does. They look at a player and draft on potential. This is why so many teams have bad drafts year in and year out. The Pacers have drafted well recently. I cannot think of a player better than him who will still be on the board.

pacers74
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Johnson will have trouble guarding the bigger pf's in the league, but he will give them fits on the offense end too. He is almost automatic on his 20 ft jumpers. He has improved every year at Purdue and is a legit all-american. He also has put on size each year, so he can get a little bigger. I can see him being a fringe starter in the NBA. He will be able to put up points on the offensive end. He is a good shot blocker and help defender. His weakness will be getting pushed around on the block by bigger guys, but there are plenty of smaller PF's in the league now. His is at least is a legit 6' 10".

Bird would be crazy to pass up on him if he is there. Which I think he probably will be, just because a lot of the GM's will pass on him just because of his weight and that he is a senior.

PaceBalls
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
He would be a great pick depending on where we are picking...

How is that for vague?

Also, you can add muscle but you can't add brains.

The Solo comparison is bad.

Kegboy
03-01-2011, 11:05 PM
One thing that I think will really help him is how high is shooting motion is. With his length he can shoot over just about anyone, he could really hit it in switching situations on the perimeter.

The problem is, he's gonna have to hit those perimeter shots, because his low post game will go away. He's simply not going to be able to establish himself on the block, and no team will try and run plays for him down there, either. Damn shame those great post moves he's developed will disappear. But, unless he were able to put on a good 20 pounds of muscle, he's purely a face-up player in the pros.

Speaking of which, once the season is over every spare minute he has should be in the weight room or Jimmy John's. Only way his draft stock goes up is if he can show teams he can put on the lbs.

Trophy
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Let's stay away from him and out of the lottery.

This is one bad draft class.

DemonHunter1105
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I watch most of Purdue's game but have only got to go to the Alabama game this year. If you compare him to Solo you just don't watch him apparently. Totally different games.

pacer4ever
03-01-2011, 11:11 PM
The kid is 2 skinney he needs to add weight and his frame wont allow it.

pacer4ever
03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
JJ a lottery pick?? WTF he was projected 2nd rd last time I checked

graphic-er
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM
If he goes late first round like most have predicted, I bet he ends up on the Spurs, and thus will evolve into an amazing player. It just happens this way. Spurs never miss on a draft pick.

Naptown_Seth
03-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Is Johnson the reincarnation of Solo?
I think he's better than that, especially off the dribble and mid-jumpers, but roughly I see that as the role he fills for the Pacers. They do need a decent backup big to come in behind Roy. Foster might stick around, but you need more than that going forward and something better than Solo.

But if the draft ends up thin JJ might be gone before the Pacers pick.

Really?
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
He is good, but not for our offense, he can hit from all over the court, and knows how to block and make people adjust their shots. But his style of play may hinder our team, seeing that most believe we need a 4 that not only can stretch the floor but that can also play big down low. It will be hard for him to box out against a lot of guys when going up for rebounds unless he adds a lot of lower body strength.

But you know what Austin Daye is making it work for him. He probably will never be a Allstar but put in the right system and he can definitely be a contributor.

I think that late mid - late first round is where he will fall I doubt that he goes all the way to the second.

He probably has about a 3% change of making it into the lottery, but if a lot of foreigners don't declare, and a lot of underclassmen decide to stay in school then he might just make it in there. This draft has the potential to be on the very weak side.

Gamble1
03-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Purdue's JuJuan Johnson in a Pacer uniform next season? The kid is beasting right now, and a finalist for the National Player of the Year. He fits a need, and seems to be a great kid.

I also wouldn't mind seeing E'twuan Moore, either. A few mocks I've seen have Moore slotted a few picks above us in the 2nd.

And believe me, I'm no Purdue fan, but these two kids are stellar. Am I wrong?
Let me break it down for you.

Alot of PD members were on Eke Udoh jock strap last year. JuJuan Johnson is a better player overall in college and there is nothing to make me think different.

Udoh in a weak conference: 14 points 10 rebounds per game as a 23 year old.

Johnson in a strong conference: 20 points 8 rebounds as a 22 year old.

We can could pick him up in the mid 20's and I think it would be a great pick for the Pacers.

I think he's better than that, especially off the dribble and mid-jumpers, but roughly I see that as the role he fills for the Pacers. They do need a decent backup big to come in behind Roy. Foster might stick around, but you need more than that going forward and something better than Solo.

But if the draft ends up thin JJ might be gone before the Pacers pick.

I see him as a Rashard Lewis reincarnation.

peasouptexan7
03-02-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm a huge Purdue fan and have seen almost every one of their games this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Pacers. Obviously he has no problem scoring, but needs to get stronger down low and with his rebounding. I think he needs work on the defensive side of the ball, in terms of on-ball defending, but is a good shot blocker. He has added around 40 lbs since he came to Purdue so he is capable of adding more weight. Of course I am a little biased, but I don't think he'd be a bad pick for us. Right now he is a little bit of a stretch four, but I can see him developing a nice low post game for the NBA if he just gets stronger. He might not be a star, but I don't think he'll be a bust either. He's a very hard worker and has improved every year so he should only continue to get better.

As for Moore, he could be a decent second round pick. I used to think he'd be star in the league, but now I see him being a decent role player at best. If he gets into the right situation and becomes a little more consistent, he wouldn't be a bad second rounder. He also works his butt off. Don't see him coming here though since we have a ton of wings.

Natston
03-02-2011, 12:40 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1182267#post1182267

Really?
03-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Let me break it down for you.

Alot of PD members were on Eke Udoh jock strap last year. JuJuan Johnson is a better player overall in college and there is nothing to make me think different.

Udoh in a weak conference: 14 points 10 rebounds per game as a 23 year old.

Johnson in a strong conference: 20 points 8 rebounds as a 22 year old.

We can could pick him up in the mid 20's and I think it would be a great pick for the Pacers.

I see him as a Rashard Lewis reincarnation.

Never was much of a Udoh fan, but his willingness and being able to bang down low along with his lower and some upper body strength is what separates him from Johnson. Most Pacer fans weren't really worried about having a 4 that can stretch the D but one that is able to do the dirty work... along with most other teams...

Johnson would have been a lottery pick back in the 70s though, lol

pizza guy
03-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I think JaJuan would be a good pick for the Pacers. We're going to be in that awkward mid-round spot again, and a guy like JJ is a good player for that range. He's not a lottery guy, and he's not going to be the end-all, be-all answer to our prayers. If he can add a little weight, he'd be a solid rotational guy that can contribute. If you get more out of him than that, it's all gravy.

Plus, Purdue is the hot ticket in Indiana since they're a top 10 team. Drafting JJ would probably get the attention of some locals, thus selling more tickets. I was at the game against Utah, and there were a lot of Hayward fans there. JJ would bring a following as well.

If we were able to make the deal for Mayo (using a different draft pick or acquiring another somewhere else) and draft JJ, this offseason would be a smash hit for the Pacers.

Taterhead
03-02-2011, 04:16 AM
If he's the third PF and a project for down the line then I'm good with it, but we need to be looking for a starter instead. We have plenty of back up PF's.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes, I am a Purdue fan but I am not being Bias. Only 3 Purdue players that I recall had a real shot in the NBA in my opinion. Glenn Robinson, Troy Lewis and Carl Landry. So, I feel my Honest opinion is straight forword and not bias.

I have watched Johnson for 4 years, have missed only a few games. He is an awsome awsome talent, Understand his role but understand that its his role at Purdue.

He was a late raw talent in high school and he has developed almost all BB skills at his stay in Purdue. If he has a steller tournament and reaches the final four, he will become a lottery pick. He Destroyed Ohio St. in the paint area (Defense that don't translate in stats) and led to Moore going off on the perimeter.
Everytime I watch him he continues to grow and amazes me. He has not shot 3's until this year and that shows him developing even more. He is also a 82% free throw shooter. He has an awsome touch.

People referring his skill set to Solo, Thats a joke! If one is going to dumb down his abilities to Solo, then I'll dumb up to Kevin Durant. If you laugh you don't watch, if you watch him play the last 4 years you probably not laughing.

He Plays a low post game at Purdue cause thats where they need him, but watch him in transition and drive to the basket. He has speed and major burst and jumps. He is being punished playing a center position right now in many ways, but it will pay off in the NBA.

I think he can have a huge impact in the NBA in a year or 2. He doesn't need to gain weight. He needs to play SF / PF. As a SF he could dominate most all NBA SF by posting them up and he can pass very well. He will be able to stretch the floor and use his sweet stroke that will continue to get better. I can't wait to see him taken his defender off the dribble and head to the paint to shoot a jump shot or hook. (unstoppable) He plays great defense. He has a great head on his shoulders, unlike 20% of the league.
Whatever team gets him, if they don't evolve him to SF and they leave him at C / PF. He will struggle.

Johnson will need to work on one on one iso's, foot quicks and he will be clutch in years to come.

Etwaune Moore 6'4" is 47%FG shooting 2's and 42%FG shooting 3's. He's had 2 40/40 seasons which few ever do. He shoots better then any Pacer for sure!! He can create his own shot. Has good speed, good dribbler, needs to improve passing skills and decision making, great defensive player. I think he's got a place somewhere in the NBA. I don't question his skills but i do question he's tenacity at times. I would take him right now for the Pacers. Would be a huge upgrade at SG.

BRushWithDeath
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that he'll be a 1st round pick.

I expect him to be outside the lottery in the 15-20 range but I wouldn't be shocked to see a team take him near the end of the lottery.

He's extremely productive against very good competition in the Big Ten and a player like Jajuan with shine in individual workouts. They are tailor made for players like him.

He's no longer a borderline 1st rounder like he was a year ago. He's a borderline lottery pick.

Really?
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes, I am a Purdue fan but I am not being Bias. Only 3 Purdue players that I recall had a real shot in the NBA in my opinion. Glenn Robinson, Troy Lewis and Carl Landry. So, I feel my Honest opinion is straight forword and not bias.

I have watched Johnson for 4 years, have missed only a few games. He is an awsome awsome talent, Understand his role but understand that its his role at Purdue.

He was a late raw talent in high school and he has developed almost all BB skills at his stay in Purdue. If he has a steller tournament and reaches the final four, he will become a lottery pick. He Destroyed Ohio St. in the paint area (Defense that don't translate in stats) and led to Moore going off on the perimeter.
Everytime I watch him he continues to grow and amazes me. He has not shot 3's until this year and that shows him developing even more. He is also a 82% free throw shooter. He has an awsome touch.

People referring his skill set to Solo, Thats a joke! If one is going to dumb down his abilities to Solo, then I'll dumb up to Kevin Durant. If you laugh you don't watch, if you watch him play the last 4 years you probably not laughing.

He Plays a low post game at Purdue cause thats where they need him, but watch him in transition and drive to the basket. He has speed and major burst and jumps. He is being punished playing a center position right now in many ways, but it will pay off in the NBA.

I think he can have a huge impact in the NBA in a year or 2. He doesn't need to gain weight. He needs to play SF / PF. As a SF he could dominate most all NBA SF by posting them up and he can pass very well. He will be able to stretch the floor and use his sweet stroke that will continue to get better. I can't wait to see him taken his defender off the dribble and head to the paint to shoot a jump shot or hook. (unstoppable) He plays great defense. He has a great head on his shoulders, unlike 20% of the league.
Whatever team gets him, if they don't evolve him to SF and they leave him at C / PF. He will struggle.

Johnson will need to work on one on one iso's, foot quicks and he will be clutch in years to come.

Etwaune Moore 6'4" is 47%FG shooting 2's and 42%FG shooting 3's. He's had 2 40/40 seasons which few ever do. He shoots better then any Pacer for sure!! He can create his own shot. Has good speed, good dribbler, needs to improve passing skills and decision making, great defensive player. I think he's got a place somewhere in the NBA. I don't question his skills but i do question he's tenacity at times. I would take him right now for the Pacers. Would be a huge upgrade at SG.

I like a lot of your analysis, but a couple things...

I am also a Purdue fan went there for undergrad and keep up with there football and basketball programs. Jajuan is good, but the only position that he will be able to play in the league is the 4... His handles and lateral speed won't allow him to play at SF in the league.

There is no question he needs to add lower body strength if he will be playing the 4, he gets boxed out too easy and it wont be as easy for him to back down players in the NBA.

Johnson is a scorer though and he will always be able to hit that turn around jump shot or the face up jump shot, but unless he adds some lower body strength and maybe a lil weight he will never be a low post presence in the NBA or even effective down there...

Just my take.

Didn't write about Etwaune earlier but it seems that everyone knows his problem, Consistency and height at the 2 position, and Consistency, decision making, quickness and handles at the 1. He may be selected by a team in the 2nd and be a bench player or get picked up as a undrafted free agent. He does have decent defense. Etwaune doesn't create his shot as much as u give him credit for, he can get in the lane at times and hit a floater. But most of his jump shots come off screens or being left unguarded.

Kegboy
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Jajuan is good, but the only position that he will be able to play in the league is the 4... His handles and lateral speed won't allow him to play at SF in the league.

QFT

Heisenberg
03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I love me some JJ, and while I'd love him to be a Pacer if only so I could watch his NBA development, I'm not too interested in drafting him. If we lose Josh maybe, but he's not the thick bodied strong rebounding type we need.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I like a lot of your analysis, but a couple things...

I am also a Purdue fan went there for undergrad and keep up with there football and basketball programs. Jajuan is good, but the only position that he will be able to play in the league is the 4... His handles and lateral speed won't allow him to play at SF in the league.

There is no question he needs to add lower body strength if he will be playing the 4, he gets boxed out too easy and it wont be as easy for him to back down players in the NBA.

Johnson is a scorer though and he will always be able to hit that turn around jump shot or the face up jump shot, but unless he adds some lower body strength and maybe a lil weight he will never be a low post presence in the NBA or even effective down there...

Just my take.

Didn't write about Etwaune earlier but it seems that everyone knows his problem, Consistency and height at the 2 position, and Consistency, decision making, quickness and handles at the 1. He may be selected by a team in the 2nd and be a bench player or get picked up as a undrafted free agent. He does have decent defense. Etwaune doesn't create his shot as much as u give him credit for, he can get in the lane at times and hit a floater. But most of his jump shots come off screens or being left unguarded.

:happydanc A couple things:
JJ Lateral speed? Seriously, I'm not saying he has to have Lebrons movement, but his lateral movement is better then some SF Starters in the league. You just don't see him do it much because his position. Between pick and roll, pick and pop, screens and him posting up, he doesn't have to have awsome lateral speed. He wouldn't fit in with a team like Warriors, but a team like the Spurs, Jazz, or Celtics he would be perfect. And he would actually be a tweener, dependent on opposing teams. Like he could easily play against Josh Mcroberts in a PF position and / or Paul George in a SF position.

And one more thing, (to others thats mention this) His defense does suffer sometimes in the paint and he plays off, but Purdue can't afford for him to be in foul trouble, i'm positive he would tighten it up if he could.

As for Moore, when is 6'4" a bad thing? Eric Gordon is 6'3". I just don't see that as a problem at the SG position. Consistancy? He's 47% on 2's and 42% on 3's and he's had 2 40/40 seasons. he plays great defense. He and Purdue are ranked at the top for defense in the nation. The only inconsistacy he has shown is if he shoots several shots and misses acouple he has been prone to stop shooting, not a total bad thing. Creating his own shot? He is known for that and he is also known to be one of the best gaurds in the nation for posting his man up.

You sure you actually watch Purdue much to evaluate their skill? :happydanc

Since86
03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Moore is no where near Eric Gordon's level.

Gordon is a much better player, simply from his athletic ability. Moore isn't a slouch, but he's on the bottom for a NBA player, while Gordon is near the top.

Athletic ability means a lot in the NBA. You can teach players rotations, you can teach them plays, you can teach them how to dribble, you can teach them how to shoot.

You can't teach them how to jump or how to be quick.

Gordon has more, and better, tools than Moore does. It doesn't matter that they're both about the same height. It matters how they can overcome that height. Gordon has a lot more options to do that.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Moore is no where near Eric Gordon's level.

Gordon is a much better player, simply from his athletic ability. Moore isn't a slouch, but he's on the bottom for a NBA player, while Gordon is near the top.

Athletic ability means a lot in the NBA. You can teach players rotations, you can teach them plays, you can teach them how to dribble, you can teach them how to shoot.

You can't teach them how to jump or how to be quick.

Gordon has more, and better, tools than Moore does. It doesn't matter that they're both about the same height. It matters how they can overcome that height. Gordon has a lot more options to do that.

Now, I'm a Gordon Fan and i'd love to see him play for Pacers.

Tools? what, he whip out a Snap-ON screw driver?:dance:
Gordon has more option to overcome height? he wear clog BB shoes?:laugh:

Wow! Athletic Ability
Moore has a faster 40
Moore has a higher vertical
Moore arms is longer
Gordon is thicker...hmm!

I just don't think that when he has stats that are better or comparible to other talent across the nation, that he is automatically not worthy, because he's a senior? He's out playing his opponants and most of the nation from offense to defense.

BTW Gordon can't hardly take it to the rim or rebound now or in college. Moore can and does in college, no reason to think he can't in the NBA.

Player G GS MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TOPG PFPG FG% 3P% FT%
Moore 30 30 33.8 18.5 5.3 3.2 1.3 0.6 1.7 2.0 .450 .416 .703
Gordo 32 32 34.7 20.9 3.3 2.4 1.3 0.6 3.6 2.2 .430 .337 .833

The only differance is Moore is a senior and Gordon was a freshman..Gordon was fresh meat...new money.
No difference then media talking Jared Sullinger getting big ten player of the year when JJ leads in stats in every catagory thats significant.

cdash
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Wow! Athletic Ability
Moore has a faster 40
Moore arms is longer
Gordon is thicker...hmm!

I just don't think that when he has stats that are better or comparible to other talent across the nation, that he is automatically not worthy, because he's a senior? He's out playing his opponants and most of the nation from offense to defense.

BTW Gordon can't hardly take it to the rim or rebound now or in college. Moore can and does in college, no reason to think he can't in the NBA.

The only differance is Moore is a senior and Gordon was a freshman..Gordon was fresh meat...new money.
No difference then media talking Jared Sullinger getting big ten player of the year when JJ leads in stats in every catagory thats significant.

No offense...but have you even watched Eric Gordon play?

Really?
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
:happydanc A couple things:
JJ Lateral speed? Seriously, I'm not saying he has to have Lebrons movement, but his lateral movement is better then some SF Starters in the league. You just don't see him do it much because his position. Between pick and roll, pick and pop, screens and him posting up, he doesn't have to have awsome lateral speed. He wouldn't fit in with a team like Warriors, but a team like the Spurs, Jazz, or Celtics he would be perfect. And he would actually be a tweener, dependent on opposing teams. Like he could easily play against Josh Mcroberts in a PF position and / or Paul George in a SF position.

And one more thing, (to others thats mention this) His defense does suffer sometimes in the paint and he plays off, but Purdue can't afford for him to be in foul trouble, i'm positive he would tighten it up if he could.

As for Moore, when is 6'4" a bad thing? Eric Gordon is 6'3". I just don't see that as a problem at the SG position. Consistancy? He's 47% on 2's and 42% on 3's and he's had 2 40/40 seasons. he plays great defense. He and Purdue are ranked at the top for defense in the nation. The only inconsistacy he has shown is if he shoots several shots and misses acouple he has been prone to stop shooting, not a total bad thing. Creating his own shot? He is known for that and he is also known to be one of the best gaurds in the nation for posting his man up.

You sure you actually watch Purdue much to evaluate their skill? :happydanc

I will keep it simple, Im talking about lateral speed on defense.. there is no way that Johnson can guard Paul George out on the wing, and I can understand what you are saying about the foul trouble. I didn't take that into account but even in last nights game you see him struggling to gain position on a lot of rebounds against Illinois big man.

Sure Johnson would be good on some teams where he could be the 3rd maybe second rebounding option when he is on the floor but that wouldn't be the case for the pacers.

Just adding on to what the last guy said about etwaun, I am glad he has taken us this far, hopefully we make a run to the NCAA championship game but his inconsistency comes in his shot... there have been about 8 games this year where he has shot 350... and after those games goes out and kills.

I like the guy but the NBA is a totally different game and the athleticism in the NBA shatters the big ten and any other conference anyday...

Sorry for not keeping it short.. but we will see...

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
No offense...but have you even watched Eric Gordon play?

Nowhere did I put no offense, I put that he can't take it to the rim. I see he can't and any web site that evaluates players says the same.

Since86
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I hate to break it to you, and ruin whatever fantasy land you're currently attending, but basketball players don't run the 40.

Really?
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
lol his vertical isn't higher... lol

Umm but yeah we will see thanks for the discussion though..

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I will keep it simple, Im talking about lateral speed on defense.. there is no way that Johnson can guard Paul George out on the wing, and I can understand what you are saying about the foul trouble. I didn't take that into account but even in last nights game you see him struggling to gain position on a lot of rebounds against Illinois big man.

Sure Johnson would be good on some teams where he could be the 3rd maybe second rebounding option when he is on the floor but that wouldn't be the case for the pacers.

Just adding on to what the last guy said about etwaun, I am glad he has taken us this far, hopefully we make a run to the NCAA championship game but his inconsistency comes in his shot... there have been about 8 games this year where he has shot 350... and after those games goes out and kills.

I like the guy but the NBA is a totally different game and the athleticism in the NBA shatters the big ten and any other conference anyday...

Sorry for not keeping it short.. but we will see...

:happydancWell Paul is nor quick or fast so I think he can, but as you say, we will see. Thats some of the fun part.:happydanc

Since86
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Nowhere did I put no offense,
of·fense
–noun

1. a violation or breaking of a social or moral rule; transgression; sin.

2. a transgression of the (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the) law; misdemeanor.

3. a cause of transgression or wrong.

4. something that offends or displeases.

5. the act (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/act) of offending or displeasing.

6. the feeling of resentful displeasure caused: to give offense.

7. the act of attacking; attack or assault: weapons of offense.

8. a person, army (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/army), etc., that is attacking.

9. Sports .
a. the players or team unit responsible for attacking or scoring in a game (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/game).
b. the players possessing or controlling the ball, puck, etc., or the aspects or period of a game when this obtains.
c. a pattern or style of scoring attack: single-wing offense; fast-break offense.
d. offensive (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offensive) effectiveness; ability to score: a total breakdown in offense.

10.Archaic . injury, harm, or hurt.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offense

I think #4 fits what cdash was saying.....

I put that he can't take it to the rim. I see he can't and any web site that evaluates players says the same.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/story/eric_gordon_nba_draft_profile41836

Strengths: An explosive scorer – topped 30 points in three of his first four NCAA games. Capable passer with decent court vision. Very quick and athletic. Relentlessly attacks the hoop. Great leaper. Very sweet looking shot. Shoots for a very high percentage from the floor, the foul line and behind the three-point arc. Strong build – NBA strength. Poised - used to playing in front of hostile crowds.

That was hard.

Really?
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Nowhere did I put no offense, I put that he can't take it to the rim. I see he can't and any web site that evaluates players says the same.

lol not offense but offense like offending you, no biggie though

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I hate to break it to you, and ruin whatever fantasy land you're currently attending, but basketball players don't run the 40.

Why you being rude?

I have the stats in my data base, i will post soon.

BPump33
03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I feel a Brandon Rush isn't a good shooter thread coming....

Really?
03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Why you being rude?

Hope u didn't feel I was rude... but this is all love on PD... just guys chatting and talking crazy a little bit...

Hope u stick around man...

Gamble1
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Wow! Athletic Ability
Moore has a faster 40
Moore arms is longer
Gordon is thicker...hmm!

This is where you lost me. Gordon has always been good at attacking the rim in college and in the pros. I mean he ranks 6th in the NBA at Fta/g. ITs not like he's Rush IMO.

We will find out if Moore measurements are as you say but even if they are he still pulled out of the draft last year because IMO he wasn't projected to be a high pick like Gordon.

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Wow! Athletic Ability
Moore has a faster 40
Moore arms is longer
Gordon is thicker...hmm!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you are joking right? this is beyond funny

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
This is where you lost me. Gordon has always been good at attacking the rim in college and in the pros. I mean he ranks 6th in the NBA at Fta/g. ITs not like he's Rush IMO.

We will find out if Moore measurements are as you say but even if they are he still pulled out of the draft last year because IMO he wasn't projected to be a high pick like Gordon.

Thats what he is best at. This year damm near no one can stop him gong to the rim. His first game back off injury is 2nite

BringJackBack
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Database? You mean like Google.com? I'm confused.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
:laugh:
Database? You mean like Google.com? I'm confused.

No, I keep a data base on Pacers, IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ball State, Butler, AU and alot of the Indiana High school basketball. I have over 500 gig of history spanning back to 1980 and some history that goes back even further. I have prospect info of athletes fro middle school to the professional leagues.
I have a newspaper archive that is 190 gig on hoosier bb.
Unfortanatley, I can't access about 193 gig at the moment. Any other wise questions?

LA_Confidential
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM

No, I keep a data base on Pacers, IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ball State, Butler, AU and alot of the Indiana High school basketball. I have over 500 gig of history spanning back to 1980 and some history that goes back even further. I have prospect info of athletes fro middle school to the professional leagues.
Unfortanatley, I can't access about 193 gig at the moment. Any other wise questions?

You seem to like stats....a lot! JOB fan perhaps?

cdash
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM

a) That's neat if it's true.
b) Why do you do that?

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Just to clarify
Those stats on Moore are this years, Gordons stats are from IU year.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Why you being rude?

:happydancI can't get to the high school stats at this time but his first 40 was 43% his freshman year at Purdue, his 2nd time is this year. Gordon did not do it in college and has not yet done it in the pro's. So, I don't know what your talking about.:happydanc

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
a) That's neat if it's true.
b) Why do you do that?

:laugh:Cause i like to, started saving newspaper articals when i was a kid.:laugh:

DemonHunter1105
03-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I actually did not like Eric Gordon coming out of college. I thought he was too immature and not physically ready yet. He has blossomed wonderfully though.

Other than that, there is no point in comparing them. It is just useless at this point and it is obvious Eric is way better in many categories and I am saying that being a Purdue fan/attending Purdue at the moment so no bias here.

Pacersalltheway10
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Where is everyone coming up with lottery pick? No one said he was going to he a high first rounder. He was talking about 2nd round as we will probably be no. 45 so yes he could be gone way before the Pacers pick if he's projected early 2nd round.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I actually did not like Eric Gordon coming out of college. I thought he was too immature and not physically ready yet. He has blossomed wonderfully though.

Other than that, there is no point in comparing them. It is just useless at this point and it is obvious Eric is way better in many categories and I am saying that being a Purdue fan/attending Purdue at the moment so no bias here.

:happydancYea, I don't want to go back and read everything but I really wasn't trying to compare Moore with Gordon. I could have used many different players. I was just stating that 6'4" is plenty tall for a SG and someone started in on Moore isn't Gordon and all that. Then I guess it got away from my original point. 6'4"

:confused:Sorry:confused:

PacersHomer
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't want to be responsible for paying his medical bills after he breaks every bone in his 6'11", 120 pound frame.

Pacer Fan
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't want to be responsible for paying his medical bills after he breaks every bone in his 6'11", 120 pound frame.

If you are referring to JJ, the last time I checked I believe he's 6'10" 220lb.

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Ya pacerfan EJ cant get to the hoop :rolleyes: EJ just got to the rim in the 1st 6 seconds of the game. That is what he is best at.

Pacer Fan
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Ya pacerfan EJ cant get to the hoop :rolleyes: EJ just got to the rim in the 1st 6 seconds of the game. That is what he is best at.

EJ? Who dat?

cdash
03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
EJ? Who dat?

Eric Gordon.