PDA

View Full Version : McHale: Mayo, Grizz have some making up to do"

90'sNBARocked
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/behindthemic/#022511.btm_mchale_mayo_trade

<object width="400" height="325" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/swf/4.1/global/cvp/si_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=022511.btm_mchale_mayo_trade" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/swf/4.1/global/cvp/si_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=022511.btm_mchale_mayo_trade" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="325"></embed></object>

Trophy
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
He just doesn't fit in with that team and it seems like they've given up on each other.

I really hope we get him.

He's the kind of player we need. He has a lot of talent and plays a lot differently than anyone we have now.

90'sNBARocked
02-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Did you catch he said "The owner wouldnt sign off"

sounds like Hiesly not Simon

Trophy
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you catch he said "The owner wouldnt sign off"

sounds like Hiesly not Simon

I think their owner would like for Mayo to come and play here.

He turned down a lot of deals with other teams.

I think they care for Mayo to go to a young team where he can make a difference since he's young and we're the perfect team for him.

I think we'll try it again in the offseason and make the deal.

Bird seems like he's going to keep an eye on Mayo during the season.

90'sNBARocked
02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
I think their owner would like for Mayo to come and play here.

He turned down a lot of deals with other teams.

I think they care for Mayo to go to a young team where he can make a difference since he's young and we're the perfect team for him.

I think we'll try it again in the offseason and make the deal.

Bird seems like he's going to keep an eye on Mayo during the season.

I think we should keep Josh, and give them Rush and maybe a first in 2012

Pacersalltheway10
02-28-2011, 09:50 PM
We probably will go for both or either Mayo or Chandler. But what type of player is Chandler? Can he get his own shot? Defense?

PacerPride33
02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Would love to be able to add Mayo to the team! What do you guys think it will cost to get him in the off-season?

BringJackBack
02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
We might be able to just absorb him for a first round pick.

PacerGuy
02-28-2011, 10:48 PM
We probably will go for both or either Mayo or Chandler. But what type of player is Chandler? Can he get his own shot? Defense?

If by Chandler you meant Tyson Chandler (I know you didn't), then I'd agree, that would be a great addition, especially with Mayo.
Thing is, I'm not sure I see a lineup that has spots for Lance & Mayo. They seem very similar to me. Lance & Mayo have been/ want to be PG's. Mayo failed in his attempt in summer league, but they tried him there (at Mayo's urging). Neither is a true "shooter". Rush is more this style, though I think we all agree his days here are likely numbered. I think if you have a player like Lance (&/or Mayo) you need a true shooter as a compliment them (a SG w/ Lance, PG w/ Mayo). If P.George is gonna play SG & works on his stroke, I could see a Lance/P.George, & a Price/Mayo combo working. Not exactly the best examples, but the best w/ our current personell.

MarvelousMarvin
02-28-2011, 10:59 PM

He's good at creating his own shot and he does play defense. He can not down 3's and also hit mid-range jump shot. Good all-around player but he'll want a lot of money. I don't think we're going to want to pay him.