PDA

View Full Version : OKC game on Wednesday

PacersFan1991
02-28-2011, 06:01 PM
So I live out here in OKC, used to live in Indy before moving here in 2003. Pacers always have and always will be my team. I have gone every year the NBA has been in OKC (Hornets and Thunder). The Pacers are 3-1 in OKC.

Looking foward to the game on Wednesday. Got Club Level seats.

Go Pacers!!

Roaming Gnome
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
My wife and I are leaving tomorrow to drive down to OKC for the game... Then to Dallas to meet up with Naptown_seth who is flying down for the game Friday. Then it's onto Houston for the game Saturday night. I'm hoping to bump into a digest member or two while on the road.

PacersFan1991
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
So ready for tommorow! After the loss here last year, I'm ready for another Pacers win in OKC!

Hope the guys have a good flight here, watch some film and beat the Thunder!

Naptown_Seth
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Gnome is a maniac, he's driving.

BTW, I went to look at our Dallas seats and holy crap. First off, Pacers front row except bench side runs like 500-650 last I checked. $1000 is the 4 seats by either bench.

Dallas has tons of seats at over $1500 and not just the front row. Their prices are WAY higher than the Pacers. And via the Ticketmaster map they have all of about 3 spots where there is more than 1 single seat available. For a game against the Pacers. Night and day.

I guess being on a losing run has it's benefits. I don't think I could be a half-season Mavs ticket holder.

PacersFan1991
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
The club seats I got for the game are normally $85 here in OKC, I got them for $38 each (two seats) for this game on StubHub.

presto123
03-02-2011, 12:45 AM
My wife and I are leaving tomorrow to drive down to OKC for the game... Then to Dallas to meet up with Naptown_seth who is flying down for the game Friday. Then it's onto Houston for the game Saturday night. I'm hoping to bump into a digest member or two while on the road.
Wow. Talk about some dedicated fans. I would do that for a concert but no way for a basketball game unless it was the finals or something.

PacersFan1991
03-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Before the game I got autographs from Ford, Granger, Collison and Posey at the hotel. Then during warmups got autographs from Dahntay Jones, Foster, Stephenson and Rush.

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Before the game I got autographs from Ford, Granger, Collison and Posey at the hotel. Then during warmups got autographs from Dahntay Jones, Foster, Stephenson and Rush.

were they staying in that haunted hotel?

Trophy
03-02-2011, 11:20 PM
were they staying in that haunted hotel?

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that issue the Knicks had at a hotel in OKC.

pacer4ever
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah I remember hearing about that issue the Knicks had at a hotel in OKC.

Eddy Curry refused to sleep there I heard it was because they didnt have good room service:laugh:

PacersFan1991
03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Not the haunted hotel, they were at the Sheraton.

PacersFan1991
03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Also during warmups, I tried to get Tyler's autograph, as did other fans, including a kid who is a huge UNC fan, had a jersey, basketball and SI cover all ready for Tyler to sign, and Tyler said walking by to all of us "I don't sign".

pacer4ever
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Also during warmups, I tried to get Tyler's autograph, as did other fans, including a kid who is a huge UNC fan, had a jersey, basketball and SI cover all ready for Tyler to sign, and Tyler said walking by to all of us "I don't sign".

Ya Tyler always does that he normaly doesnt even sign at home games :laugh:

joeyd
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Ya Tyler always does that he normaly doesnt even sign at home games :laugh:

Wow, I did not know this. I posted some positive comments about Tyler in response to some negative comments about Tyler's demeanor and signing habits during the season ticket holder event. If he won't even sign for the home town fans after warmups, and for kids, then that's pretty bad. I can't recall anyone refusing kids on a routine basis at Conseco after warmups. In fact, many go out of their way to sign, especially for kids.

pacer4ever
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Wow, I did not know this. I posted some positive comments about Tyler in response to some negative comments about Tyler's demeanor and signing habits during the season ticket holder event. If he won't even sign for the home town fans after warmups, and for kids, then that's pretty bad. I can't recall anyone refusing kids on a routine basis at Conseco after warmups. In fact, many go out of their way to sign, especially for kids.

depends on the mood he is in he normaly never signs. Maybe 3 times this year I have seen him signed. Danny always signs but normal cant say long because of the pregame meeting. DC and Lance normaly sign also same with TJ some times they dont but that is very rare.

I Love P
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Yea, I've heard some stories myself about Hansbrough. Last year at the season ticket party when he had his case of vertigo he went off on this girl I know because she took a picture with the flash on and it hurt his eyes.

What a loser.

Hicks
03-03-2011, 12:44 PM
I think that's more than a bit much to call him a loser for being upset when, having vertigo at the time, someone flashes him in the eyes with their camera. If that does trigger something bad when you have vertigo (I'm assuming it does, but who knows), then I think that's more than understandable. Now, I'm also assuming by 'went off' you mean he complained, as opposed to getting enraged and cussing her out or something like that.

I Love P
03-03-2011, 12:49 PM
If he can't stop and sign an autograph, especially for a kid...he's a loser.

idioteque
03-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I think that's more than a bit much to call him a loser for being upset when, having vertigo at the time, someone flashes him in the eyes with their camera. If that does trigger something bad when you have vertigo (I'm assuming it does, but who knows), then I think that's more than understandable. Now, I'm also assuming by 'went off' you mean he complained, as opposed to getting enraged and cussing her out or something like that.

That's moreso on the team than Tyler IMHO. If his vertigo was affecting him in that way he should not have been at the *** event.

idioteque
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM

I don't like it either, but there have been a fair number of NBA players that don't often sign. Even so, he could have been nicer about it and thanked them for their support.

This goes to show you have extraordinary of an Ambassador of the Pacers Reggie was. I met him when I was 7 or 8 years old, I was so nervous, and he was so kind and signed some stuff for me and thanked me for being a fan. That still means something to me and is a big reason why I have rooted for the Pacers through these bad times for the team. If Hansbrough would have done that to me when I was a kid it would have really crushed me.

BillS
03-03-2011, 01:18 PM

During warmups? I dunno about that. Maybe while going on or off the court, but even then these guys are preparing for their main job, which is to play ball. I'd think it would be pretty hard to get your mental lock on and have to come out and be personable and sign autographs.

We sometimes act like it is easy to be that kind of public figure. It isn't. Considering we've already talked about how hard it seems to be for Tyler to interact in a situation that is planned and that he's had time to psych himself up for, I'm not going to particularly blame him for this.

And, if all we have to b***h and moan about is whether or not a player stops what he's doing to sign autographs, we're doing pretty good (and we aren't, by the way..."

Sollozzo
03-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I can understand when a great player who gets hounded everywhere he goes refuses to sign, but there's no excuse for someone like Hansbrough refusing to sign for kids. Hansbrough isn't good enough to refuse autographs as if he's Michael Jordan or something.

I haven't tried getting autographs in years because I'm not 12 anymore, but I tried a few times back in the day. JO and Harrington were always good about signing from what I can remember. I also got Antonio Davis' one time and I remember him taking the time to sign for everyone gathered around, which I appreciated. That same pregame, Mark Jackson was leaving the court and arrogantly walked by all the kids with his hands up, refusing to sign.

If I were a player I would never refuse to sign for a kid, but I'd probably draw the line at adults as I think it's a bit creepy when grown men hound players for autographs.

PacersFan1991
03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
The thing is, like last night, Tyler could have been nicer about it, he could have just walked off without saying a word or said something like "I gotta go". But saying "I don't sign", especially with a kid there who is obviously really wanting your autograph, makes him seem like a jerk.

BillS
03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
The thing is, like last night, Tyler could have been nicer about it, he could have just walked off without saying a word or said something like "I gotta go". But saying "I don't sign", especially with a kid there who is obviously really wanting your autograph, makes him seem like a jerk.

"I don't sign" means it isn't personal, he doesn't sign for anyone. "I gotta go" is an excuse.

Trader Joe
03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Calling Tyler Hansbrough a "nobody" is a stretch...

I also feel like the sense of entitlement we have towards athletes to give us more, more, more is kind of disturbing. I'm in the minority on this though.

jshortt
03-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Not trying to make excuses for Tyler, because he's been a butt-hole to me, too, but you HAVE to remember who this guy is. He was arguably the most popular player to play at UNC, ever (outside of Jordan). He got bombarded in college in a way that most pro's don't have to deal with in the NBA, and I'm sure that has already soured him on autographs to a degree. Combine all that mess with an already socially-awkward personality, and it's gonna be rough. Yeah, he's just a backup on an unpopular team right now, but let's not forget where he came from.

Not excusing the behavior, just sayin'.

Peace,
J

Roaming Gnome
03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Personally, I feel if you're an adult... You shouldn't be bothering another man for his autograph unless it's an autograph signing event.

For calling Tyler a loser for not giving autographs... Come on, man! He does have more to think about then giving autographs. That is what STH/autograph events are for.

Sollozzo
03-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Calling Tyler Hansbrough a "nobody" is a stretch...

I also feel like the sense of entitlement we have towards athletes to give us more, more, more is kind of disturbing. I'm in the minority on this though.

I meant a "nobody" by NBA standards, but yeah, it probably was a stretch on my part......

I don't want "more, more, more" from athletes, but I don't think expecting them to sign for kids is too much to ask. Kids look up to athletes and it can really hurt their feelings when an athlete blows them off. I don't think it's out of line to expect someone who gets paid millions of dollars to take a few seconds every game to please some kids.