PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever sit near the goal and a few rows back?

smj887
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I absolutely could not think of a better way to word the title.

We went ahead and bought tickets to tomorrow night's game since they were only $27. The seats are in section 11, row 2, which is actually the 3rd row and is a little bit back from the first two rows which are 1 and 1A. I'm worried that if the seats are near the aisle (closer to the goal), the view will be obstructed. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever sat there or somewhere comparable. Debating upgrading to better seats through the scalpers if ours are close to the goal and a significant part of the view might be blocked by the goal.

Trophy
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I sat a row next to Bird which was behind the hoop.

They were really good seats, but it's tough to see all the way down the court or depending on where you're sitting, it's tough to see past the hoop.

Psyren
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm sure you may have already used this, but it's at least a good general idea if you haven't.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/indiana_pacers/

Even if you've already used that, I've sat in that general area (about 2 or 3 rows back) in that same section. I loved the seats, and didn't find the goal to be that big of a distraction.

Either way, hope you have a good time!

EDIT: The reason I didn't find it much of a distraction is because the action moves so quickly. It's not like the players are standing in one completely obstructed area for a long amount of time. I loved sitting close to the action to get a feel of the physicality that's involved, and really enjoyed sitting there.

Granted, my ST's are in the Club level, but it was nice to sit that low for once :D

beast23
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I've sat behind the goal about 4 rows up to watch the Pacers against Atlanta and Mutumbo several years ago. A different vantage point, that's for certain.

I can still remember yelling at Jalen to get his arse back on defense after missing shots and arguing calls with the officials on three consecutive possessions. My yelling was met with a scowl from Rose, but a hint of a smile from both Walsh and Bird.

I've enjoyed every seat that I've ever had... each section provides a different experience. There are sections I would not want to sit in again, but for the single experience... they have all been fine.

joeyd
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
We went ahead and bought tickets to tomorrow night's game since they were only $27. The seats are in section 11, row 2, which is actually the 3rd row and is a little bit back from the first two rows which are 1 and 1A. I'm worried that if the seats are near the aisle (closer to the goal), the view will be obstructed. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever sat there or somewhere comparable. Debating upgrading to better seats through the scalpers if ours are close to the goal and a significant part of the view might be blocked by the goal.

I saw those tickets for sale. And I have sat in that row before. You will be more distracted by the people going by than the obstruction from the basket itself. But it is a prime spot for people-watching.

grace
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I can still remember yelling at Jalen to get his arse back on defense after missing shots and arguing calls with the officials on three consecutive possessions. My yelling was met with a scowl from Rose, but a hint of a smile from both Walsh and Bird.

I'd have given you a standing ovation.

Spirit
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Those are my dream seats!