PDA

View Full Version : Picture of the day/ Phoenix/Pacers game

vnzla81
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Here is a picture that was posted by Nash or one of his followers in twitter and you can clearly see Peck, Diamond Dave and Larry in shock. :)

SteveNash RT @SunsLife213: never knew @SteveNash could jump that high! http://bit.ly/eSGiqu (Anyone know who that is over CF's right shoulder?!)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/gameaction0227/images/gallery-3.jpg

Trophy
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Here is a picture that was posted by Nash or one of his followers in twitter and you can clearly see Peck, Diamond Dave and Larry in shock. :)

SteveNash RT @SunsLife213: never knew @SteveNash could jump that high! http://bit.ly/eSGiqu (Anyone know who that is over CF's right shoulder?!)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/gameaction0227/images/gallery-3.jpg

That guy had those season tickets last year.

I sat in the row next to Bird when I came to Indy last year.

I don't know if he knows Bird personally, but they were talking or he was talking to Bird and I don't think Bird was listening.

AB1077
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
The guy directly over Frye's shoulder is a guy named Tom. He has had that single seat as a season ticket since the Fieldhouse opened. My grandparents had the two seats directly next to him until about five years ago when it became too difficult for them to go to games.

Diamond Dave
02-27-2011, 10:55 PM
The guy directly over Frye's shoulder is a guy named Tom. He has had that single seat as a season ticket since the Fieldhouse opened. My grandparents had the two seats directly next to him until about five years ago when it became too difficult for them to go to games.

Yeah for the longest time we figured he was some sort of big wig cause Bird actually talks to him and shakes his hand every game. We finally just asked our ticket rep who he is and apparently he is just some superfan. Like you said, he has been there since the place opened.

Diamond Dave
02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Also, I'm not in shock. Thats my "I've wasted yet another 3 hours" face.

AB1077
02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah for the longest time we figured he was some sort of big wig cause Bird actually talks to him and shakes his hand every game. We finally just asked our ticket rep who he is and apparently he is just some superfan. Like you said, he has been there since the place opened.

I'm not sure how much he really talks to him, though I know when I sat in my grandparents seats for a game back in probably 03 or so, Foster was going crazy early in a game and I made a crack about him going for a career high and Bird laughed and said "probably". Tom is a nice guy, whenever I am down there I usually talk to him for a couple of minutes.

pwee31
02-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Bird's picture said it all today.

When they called timeout with 3.5 seconds in OT, I looked to my g/f and was like it's over.

I have no confidence in the Pacers getting a stop in the final seconds of any quarter. Part defense, part luck

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 11:18 PM
That play call was so smart fake the PnR which they call every time and flare Fyre. It was good defense by B rush just Frye is to tall.

ChristianDudley
02-27-2011, 11:27 PM
I am the guy in the Darren Collison jersey!!! Thanks for posting!!

Psyren
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
That play call was so smart fake the PnR which they call every time and flare Fyre. It was good defense by B rush just Frye is to tall.

Agreed.

That play was very well defended. Frye is just too tall and made a really tough shot.

Nothing you can do about that but shrug your shoulders and try to do better next time.

Mr_Smith
02-27-2011, 11:41 PM
The guy Tom directly over Channing Fryes shoulder was my softball coach when I was younger. Good guy

LA_Confidential
02-28-2011, 12:07 AM

You look like you're seconds away from exploding into a violent rage. :pissed:

joeyd
02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure how much he really talks to him, though I know when I sat in my grandparents seats for a game back in probably 03 or so, Foster was going crazy early in a game and I made a crack about him going for a career high and Bird laughed and said "probably". Tom is a nice guy, whenever I am down there I usually talk to him for a couple of minutes.

I was once told that this person often yells out the things that Bird and Simon wish they could say, but can't!

Roaming Gnome
02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Need to call this thread the 6 degrees of PD separation...

Indra
02-28-2011, 10:35 PM

His palms are sweaty. Knees weak, arms are heavy.

Trophy
02-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Channing Frye just made a 3 to give the Suns a 1 point lead in OT with 6 seconds left.

This guy is breaking hearts.

ChristianDudley
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I was once told that this person often yells out the things that Bird and Simon wish they could say, but can't!

lol I wouldn't be surprised...he was yelling at the refs the whole game, mostly whenever the refs were at the complete opposite end of the court. It's not like he has the wrong thinking though, he knows which calls are wrong which is good at least for us Pacers fans' sake. :D

MyFavMartin
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
After what the Pacers did in the fourth quarter, a lot of people had that same look/expression/feeling when Frye hit that shot.

AB1077
03-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Funny, someone told me that as well. Actually, I think that it might have been the usher (Larry) who has been there right by section 2 row 5 for years as well. It does make sense, and yes Tom does do quite a bit of yelling! :laugh:

AB1077
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM
His palms are sweaty. Knees weak, arms are heavy.

Mom's spaghetti?:laugh: