PDA

View Full Version : Question about bird.

Califan
02-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I dont know to much about bird outside of his role in the front office, i know he use to be coach but since then he has slid to the front office, i guess the question is since he is a hall of famer and one of the most skilled person to ever play, does he work with the team and the youngsters?. What i mean does he work with them during the season and offseason to help improve their game and such?. I would think he would be a invaluable asset to the youngsters to soak up some knowledge from him.

grace
02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
As far as I know he Larry doesn't do anything with the players.

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
He goes to every pratice but just watches i think

Califan
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
As far as I know he Larry doesn't do anything with the players.

If thats the case thats kind of a shame, wonder why he doesnt do anything.

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
If thats the case thats kind of a shame, wonder why he doesnt do anything.

bad back

Hicks
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm certain he doesn't play with the players, but I believe he'll offer advice/tips/tricks to the players.

Richard_Skull
02-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I believe that in the past he has givin' players (granger) area's he should focus on improving. But other than that, I don't think he has much involvement. Maybe sitting in on practices encourages better work ethic since he's a legend. Who knows.

DaveP63
02-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Because, at his age, he can still outshoot the whole roster so he doesn't want to show them up. May be an urban legend, but I remember reading that he did just that a few years back during a practice.