PDA

View Full Version : Tracking the Charlotte Bobcats for the rest of the season

idioteque
02-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Taking a suggestion from the brilliant LoneGranger33, this thread is for everyone interested in watching/tracking the Bobcats for the rest of the season as they and the Pacers currently hold records of 26-32. While both teams share this record, the Pacers own the tiebreaker and would be in the playoffs if they were to start today.

The Pacers lost to the Suns today, while the Bobcats bring have won four of their last five (including wins over Atlanta and the Lakers) and bring their two game winning streak to Amway tonight to take on the Orlando Magic. Orlando looked pretty good thumping OKC on Friday night so this should be an interesting game to see if the Bobcats can sustain their success and take a slight lead over the Pacers for the 8th spot.

Anyone is welcome to add their observation here, there is no guarantee I will update this thing as as promptly as I should as I am in graduate school, work 60 hours a week, and should be studying right now. I see it more as a collective effort for everyone to keep the board in the know. But by golly, let's hope those Cats lose and that the Pacers find themselves in the playoffs this season!

For tonight, go :magic:

TheDon
02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Following the game of the bobcats vs. magic and the magic are up by 10 but captain jack already has 30pts at the end of the 3rd quarter, and good god they play Kwame Brown at center...yikes.

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Kwame has played good this year

TheDon
02-27-2011, 09:26 PM
bobkitties lose! Jack played 39 minutes dropped 35 points and they still managed to lose just looking at the box score looks like their point guards had an abysmal game.

BringJackBack
GREAT SUCCESS! HIGH FIVE! :highfive:

pacer4ever
Gerald Henderson looked awful like normal.

Mr_Smith
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks Orlando! Now pacers need to hold their end of the deal and take down Golden State

Trophy
02-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't see the Bobcats haven't much success.

Trading Gerald Wallace completely ruined them.

Justin Tyme
02-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Gerald Henderson looked awful like normal.

Could you post his points the 1st game after Wallace was traded when he started at SG?

pwee31
02-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Henderson is awful? I still feel he's better than Rush... wish doesn't say much, but that's how I feel. More aggressive on both ends of the floor.

Glad the Bobcats lost, Pacers keep a .5 game lead, which is essentially a 1.5 game lead since we own the tiebreaker.

I would like to get more comfy of a lead though. Gotta win a couple games, as the Bobcats have a rough schedule coming up

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Henderson is awful? I still feel he's better than Rush... wish doesn't say much, but that's how I feel. More aggressive on both ends of the floor.

Glad the Bobcats lost, Pacers keep a .5 game lead, which is essentially a 1.5 game lead since we own the tiebreaker.

I would like to get more comfy of a lead though. Gotta win a couple games, as the Bobcats have a rough schedule coming up

did u watch the same game I did?? The guy was god awful. Every time I see him play he is terrible he wont be in the league in a few years. Brush is more agressive( or better defender and it isnt even close)

pacer4ever
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
:eek:
Could you post his points the 1st game after Wallace was traded when he started at SG?

32 mins 2-13 shooting :eek: 4pts 4rebs 2assit

Ya more agressive isnt always a good thing pwee

vnzla81
02-28-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm not worry about the Bobcats, they have Jackson to put them in suckyland.

pacer4ever
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm not worry about the Bobcats, they have Jackson to put them in suckyland.

If they didnt have Jackson they wouldnt win 5 games the rest of the year.

BringJackBack
02-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah, if Jax has to put up 35 for them to stay competitive every night, they are going to be pretty bad.

McKeyFan
02-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Yeah, if Jax has to put up 35 for them to stay competitive every night, they are going to be pretty bad.
We were once in that very purgatorial situation.

BringJackBack
02-28-2011, 07:39 AM
:shudder:

Those were the days.. :puke:

Watson/Rush/injured Danny/Murph/Roy that lineup was awful. On top of that Jim wouldn't quit playing Watson when it was already determined that the season was over and AJ Price was supposedly the best of the three point guards.

Sollozzo
02-28-2011, 08:16 AM

Oakley has toughened him up.

pwee31
02-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Ya more agressive isnt always a good thing pwee

That wasn't his 1st game after the Wallace trade, good talk though, see you out there

pacer4ever
02-28-2011, 11:05 AM
That wasn't his 1st game after the Wallace trade, good talk though, see you out there

I am only commenting on the game I watched and saw and thoes were his stats

LG33
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Next up for the Bobcats is the new-look Denver Nuggets, whom they play at the Pepsi Center on Wednesday. The Nuggets are 2-1 since the Melo trade (known to Italians as the Great Gallinari Betrayal of 2011), beating both Memphis (120-107) and Boston (89-75) handily at home, but losing in overtime to Portland (107-106) on Friday night. Denver has been pretty good at home, compiling a 24-7 record in the Mile High City, but they also have to play the Hawks tonight and will be lested rested than Coach Silas' team - luckily for us, it's at least a Nuggets home game. The Bobcats are 10-19 on the road, but a surprising (at least to me) 11-11 against the West - and, unluckily for us, they have already beaten Denver on their home court.

Justin Tyme
02-28-2011, 08:50 PM

I said the 1st game after the trade deadline. You know the one where I previously posted about it.

8-17 FG, 5-6 FT, 4 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 BS and 21 points. :D

pacer4ever
02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I said the 1st game after the trade deadline. You know the one where I previously posted about it.

8-17 FG, 5-6 FT, 4 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 BS and 21 points. :D

O I thought you were asking what he scored last night sorry.

wintermute
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Indeed he has. And he's a free agent after this season. Hmm :ninja:

Trophy
03-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Well I'm not worried about not making the playoffs as the Bobcats lost to the Nuggets by 40 points!

That was a terrible move to get rid of their best player.

We just need to win more games to secure our spot.

pacer4ever
03-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Well I'm not worried about not making the playoffs as the Bobcats lost to the Nuggets by 40 points!

That was a terrible move to get rid of their best player.

We just need to win more games to secure our spot.

They got good value out of Gerald I liked the move of trading him. If they could of snook Diop into the deal that would have been a A+++ trade

Trophy
03-03-2011, 12:35 AM
They got good value out of Gerald I liked the move of trading him. If they could of snook Diop into the deal that would have been a A+++ trade

I didn't think they would blow up their roster the following season after making the playoffs.

Maybe they'll bring in a few decent free agents, but I don't think any big named players.

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-03-2011, 12:38 AM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dqoZnCDZS4w/0.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Naptown_Seth
03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
I am only commenting on the game I watched and saw and thoes were his stats
You AREN'T commenting ONLY on the game you watched when you say...

LIKE NORMAL.

Come on man, step up your debate game. You made a flawed point and got called on it. The only thing "normal" for Henderson was that he normally got the same treatment from Larry Brown that all our kids got from JOB.

You might as well say Roy was awful LIKE NORMAL, or Rush, Josh, whatever.

Henderson is easily on par with Rush, very similar talent levels, both pretty good defenders. Larry Brown had a stick up his rear and that has delayed Gerald's development. But he's extremely smooth on jumpers and gifted going into traffic. As he develops his game, not unlike Josh, Roy, Josh, Tyler, AJ, DC, Paul, and Lance, he'll start to click more and more.

I'm not jocking him for all-star, I'm just laughing at the suggestion that he's either awful or soon to be gone from the NBA.

Wallace obviously is/was better than Henderson and I don't think Henderson will ever reach that level. But he could certainly be a more productive/efficient scorer than Jack within 2 years.

LG33
03-03-2011, 07:40 AM
After getting trounced by Denver in Denver, the Bobcats play their second game of the back-to-back against the Los Angeles Lakers. Given the situation (CHA playing two straight on the road, LA having a day of rest (and riding a five-game win streak), the basic fact that it's the Bobcats versus Lakers, and so on...), it appears to be a good bet to hand this one right now to the most hated team in the West. However, there's a reason we play the games (so the big market teams can make money, of course).

pacer4ever
03-03-2011, 07:55 AM
You AREN'T commenting ONLY on the game you watched when you say...

LIKE NORMAL.

Come on man, step up your debate game. You made a flawed point and got called on it. The only thing "normal" for Henderson was that he normally got the same treatment from Larry Brown that all our kids got from JOB.

You might as well say Roy was awful LIKE NORMAL, or Rush, Josh, whatever.

Henderson is easily on par with Rush, very similar talent levels, both pretty good defenders. Larry Brown had a stick up his rear and that has delayed Gerald's development. But he's extremely smooth on jumpers and gifted going into traffic. As he develops his game, not unlike Josh, Roy, Josh, Tyler, AJ, DC, Paul, and Lance, he'll start to click more and more.

I'm not jocking him for all-star, I'm just laughing at the suggestion that he's either awful or soon to be gone from the NBA.

Wallace obviously is/was better than Henderson and I don't think Henderson will ever reach that level. But he could certainly be a more productive/efficient scorer than Jack within 2 years.

He just isnt as good as you make him out to be. The guy looks pretty bad everytime I watch him on LP. His stats haven't changed much since Brown was fired.

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
After getting trounced by Denver in Denver, the Bobcats play their second game of the back-to-back against the Los Angeles Lakers. Given the situation (CHA playing two straight on the road, LA having a day of rest (and riding a five-game win streak), the basic fact that it's the Bobcats versus Lakers, and so on...), it appears to be a good bet to hand this one right now to the most hated team in the West. However, there's a reason we play the games (so the big market teams can make money, of course).

If there's one team that has given the Lakers trouble over the years, it's the Bobcats. The Lakers are 5-8 all-time against the Charlotte Bobcats, 2-8 in their last 10 meetings, and have lost the last two.

However, I agree. This Bobcats team isn't the same without Crash, and on a back-to-back it'll take a miracle for them to win this one.

LG33
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for doing the additional research there. I wasn't aware of the Lakers' futility against Charlotte. Is 8-5 the best all-time matchup the Bobcats have with any team? Given their crappiness, it must be up there.

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for doing the additional research there. I wasn't aware of the Lakers' futility against Charlotte. Is 8-5 the best all-time matchup the Bobcats have with any team? Given their crappiness, it must be up there.

It's third after a 10-4 record against the Wolves and a 9-5 record against the Kings. They're also somewhat surprisingly 15-12 against the Hawks. From there it gets pretty ugly, with the worst being an 0-14 record against the Mavericks.

LG33
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Where do you find that kind of information? I hope you didn't go through however many seasons and count up the wins.

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Let's just say I have a lot of free time in my American History class.

No, it's all on basketball-reference. They have head-to-head breakdowns for every team, among a bunch of other cool historical and statistical information.

Here's Charlotte's, for example:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHA/head2head.html

PacersFan1991
03-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Lakers win BIG tommorow.

BKK
03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
As it stands now with the Bobcats trading Wallace and the Bucks leaving everyone puzzled with their performance playoffs should be a can't miss for us... Which is what scares me the most actually...

Deadshot
03-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I'll be tracking in person on Monday as the Los Angelos Blakers come to town and I invite anyone here from Charlotte to do the same for .75 and a small service fee :)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004531FF28D448?did=slam&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_skimbit

Mr_Smith
03-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Go Lakers!

pwee31
03-05-2011, 12:14 AM
There's a VERY good chance we're tied for the 8th seed heading into tomorrow. The Bobcats just seem to play very well against the Lakers

BringJackBack
03-05-2011, 01:38 AM
LA has an 11 point lead on Charlotte with about 4 minutes to go..... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

LG33
03-05-2011, 10:01 AM
The Pacers may just end up the 8th seed by default as Charlotte, Milwaukee and Detroit continue to lose games. The Bobcats have now lost three straight, the Pacers and Pistons two games a piece, and the Bucks' only win in their past four games was against Detroit.

Charlotte tips off against Portland tonight at 10:00 p.m (yet another road game). Milwaukee plays the Celtics on Sunday evening at home. Detroit has a real shot at ending their skid with a Sunday matchup with the Wizards at the Palace - where the Wiz hope to earn just their second road win of the year.

An Indy win would put some much needed breathing room between these squads, but the Pacers match up with a new-look Rockets team that has won three of its last four despite losing two starters (Brooks and Battier) to trades.

I can also now report that the Pacers have a 30-47 record all-time against the Rockets (for a .390 win percentage). Historically, we've only played worse against two teams, the Lakers (.267) and last night's opponent, the Mavericks (.383).

Mr_Smith
03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
These teams just keep bailing the pacers out beating the bobcats while the pacers continue to lose. Thank you notes should be sent to the Magic, Nuggets, and Lakers.:laugh:

Justin Tyme
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
The Pacers may just end up the 8th seed by default as Charlotte, Milwaukee and Detroit continue to lose games.

That was exactly what I was thinking last night.

Deadshot
03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Looks like SJax is hurt so this is a good opportunity to create some space between us and Charlotte:

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2011/03/silas-will-sit-injured-jackson.html

BringJackBack
03-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I would be extremely, extremely happy if we could steal one at Houston tonight and gain some more ground..

Trophy
03-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I know Jordan wanted to free up some cap space, but I don't know who he's expecting to bring in to that team.

Gerald Wallace is better than anything he's gonna get.

idioteque
03-05-2011, 02:49 PM
It's a shame we're experience another "race to the bottom" for the playoffs this year, as much as I want the Pacers to be winning, I think it's much more exciting for the league to have teams actually competing for the 8 seed. I really think it is going to remain all about the Pacers and the Bobcats, there is no way that Milwaukee or Detroit is going to make up enough ground to sneak in.

Let's hope for a victory against those Houston Rockets tonight, I'm surprised they're playing so well without Brooks and Battier, but many teams go through a bit of a post trade boost. Maybe we'll end it for them tonight.

pwee31
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
A win tonight will go a long way. Pacers have to start getting wins and taking advantage of the Bobcats struggles, as well as building confidence back up as a team heading into the playoffs.

Yes we won games against some of the weaker teams in the league, but it gave our team confidence and we played the Heat very tough twice during that stretch.

We need to get a couple good wins, and build confidence.

Rockets have played really well since trade deadline. Martin, Scola, and Budinger are our worries, along with rebounding and turnovers as usual

Trophy
03-05-2011, 04:30 PM
We actually do well against Houston.

Earlier this year was a close game and we let Brad Miller shoot the lights out.

Pacerfan
03-06-2011, 01:20 AM
I would like to thank the Charlotte Bobcats..... for doing everything they can to hand the Pacers the 8th playoff spot.

Merz
03-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Does either team want to make the playoffs?

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
I think we need to start looking past the Bobcats and worry more about the Bucks. The Bobcats without Wallace and Jackson won't have a chance on most nights, but the Bucks are only 2 games behind us in the loss column. If they start clicking and we keep playing like we have recently, they could easily sneak in.

This is the Bucks remaining schedule for March:
Sun, Mar 6 vs Boston
Tue, Mar 8 @ Washington
Wed, Mar 9 vs Cleveland
---------------------------
Sat, Mar 12 vs Philadelphia
Sun, Mar 13 @ Boston
Tue, Mar 15 @ Atlanta
Wed, Mar 16 vs Orlando
(2 back-to-backs, 4 games in 5 days)
-------------------------------
Fri, Mar 18 vs New Jersey
Sun, Mar 20 vs New York
Wed, Mar 23 vs Sacramento
Fri, Mar 25 @ New York
Sat, Mar 26 vs Chicago
Mon, Mar 28 @ Charlotte
Wed, Mar 30 @ Toronto
6 away, 8 at home

This is our remaining schedule for March:
Tue, Mar 8 vs Philadelphia
Wed, Mar 9 @ Minnesota
Fri, Mar 11 @ Toronto
Sun, Mar 13 @ New York
-------------------------
Tue, Mar 15 vs New York
Wed, Mar 16 @ Boston
Fri, Mar 18 vs Chicago
Sat, Mar 19 @ Memphis
(2 back-to-backs, 4 games in 5 days)
--------------------------
Mon, Mar 21 @ New Jersey
Wed, Mar 23 @ Charlotte
Fri, Mar 25 vs Sacramento
Sat, Mar 26 @ Detroit
Mon, Mar 28 vs Boston
Wed, Mar 30 vs Detroit
8 away, 6 at home

Deadshot
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Little change of plans and I ended up with an extra seat for the Bobcats Clippers game tonight. Anybody on here want to go? Would love to talk Pacers basketball

CableKC
03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Bobcats at Home against the Blake-Show....at halftime:

Bobcats - 47
Clippers - 49

pwee31
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I laugh at those who think Brandon Rush is better than Gerald Henderson.

Better 3pt shooter sure, more potential/talent level sure, better player... nope

CableKC
03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I laugh at those who think Brandon Rush is better than Gerald Henderson.

Better 3pt shooter sure, more potential/talent level sure, better player... nope
At this point of the season....I don't think that you will find that many PD members that think this.

On a related note.....Clips are ahead 83-75 against the Bobcats with 5 min 30 seconds left in the 4th QTR.

Go Clips!

Mr_Smith
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Charlotte is about to blow it again. Pacers need to win tomorrow vs. the Sixers

Trophy
03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Opportunity knocks for us.

Everyone below us is pretty much out of it and we still need to win and take advantage to give us more breathing room.

Unclebuck
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I think we all can stop tracking the Bobcats. I watched a lot of this game against the Clips and the Bobcats are done. I would be surprised if they win 4 or 5 gams the rest of the season

imawhat
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
We should've been tracking Milwaukee. That's the real threat.

lexdenmark
03-08-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm thrilled that D.J. White is getting minutes in Charlotte. I think he can be a very solid bench player if given the minutes

Psyren
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Dear Charlotte,

Thanks for trading your best player.

If it weren't for you all, we'd be screwed,

Sincerely,

The Pacers

CableKC
03-08-2011, 02:00 AM
We actually do well against Houston.

Earlier this year was a close game and we let Brad Miller shoot the lights out.
I'm sorry....but when Players like Brad Miller is allowed to "shoot the lights out" against us, then we did not do very well against a Team like Houston.

CableKC
03-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Here's my prediction when it comes to the remaining schedule for the Bucks and Pacers:

This is the Bucks remaining schedule:

Tue, Mar 8 @ Washington - Win
Wed, Mar 9 vs Cleveland - Win
Sat, Mar 12 vs Philadelphia - Loss
Sun, Mar 13 @ Boston - Loss
Tue, Mar 15 @ Atlanta - Loss
Wed, Mar 16 vs Orlando - Loss
Fri, Mar 18 vs New Jersey - Win
Sun, Mar 20 vs New York - Win
Wed, Mar 23 vs Sacramento - Win
Fri, Mar 25 @ New York - Loss
Sat, Mar 26 vs Chicago - Loss
Mon, Mar 28 @ Charlotte - Win
Wed, Mar 30 @ Toronto - Win
Fri, Apr 1 @ Indiana - Loss
Sat, Apr 2 vs. Philidelphia - Loss
Tue, Apr 5 @ Orlando - Loss
Wed Apr 6 @ Miami - Loss
Fri, Apr 8 @ Detroit - Loss
Sat, Apr 9 vs Cleveland - Win
Mon, Apr 11 vs Toronto - Win
Wed, Apr 13 @ OKC - Loss

Remaining Recod - 9 Wins / 12 Losses
Ending Season Record - 32 Wins / 50 Losses

This is the Pacers remaining schedule:

Tue, Mar 8 vs Philadelphia - Loss
Wed, Mar 9 @ Minnesota - Loss
Fri, Mar 11 @ Toronto - Win
Sun, Mar 13 @ New York - Loss
Tue, Mar 15 vs New York - Loss
Wed, Mar 16 @ Boston - Loss
Fri, Mar 18 vs Chicago - Loss
Sat, Mar 19 @ Memphis - Loss
Mon, Mar 21 @ New Jersey - Loss
Wed, Mar 23 @ Charlotte - Win
Fri, Mar 25 vs Sacramento - Win
Sat, Mar 26 @ Detroit - Loss
Mon, Mar 28 vs Boston - Loss
Wed, Mar 30 vs Detroit - Win
Fri, Apr 1 vs Milwaukee - Win
Sun, Apr 3 @ NewOrleans - Loss
Wed, Apr 6 vs Washington - Win
Fri, Apr 8 vs. Atlanta - Loss
Sun, Apr 10 vs NY - Loss
Wed, Apr 13 @ Orlando - Loss

Remaining Recod - 6 Wins / 14 Losses
Ending Season Record - 33 Wins / 49 Losses

NOTE - I'm very pessimistic about our chance to win some key games on the road and against some good Teams at home.

The good news is that because we have a good buffer of 3.5 games ahead of the Bucks....the Bucks would pretty much have to play .500+ ball with 21 remaining games whereas we can still .333+ ball and still come out ahead ( barely ).

So the key...IMHO....is to win 7 or more games and we should BARELY come out ahead...as the Bucks would have to play some pretty inspired ball to come out ahead.

Our room for margin is beginning to shrink next to nothing....seriously, someone has to light a match underneath these guys butts....cuz it's getting close to crunch time and we have to win games that we should be winning and competing against Teams that we are considered on the same level as us.

The Rocker
03-08-2011, 02:55 AM
CableKC
Fri, Apr 1 @ Indiana - Win

CableKC
03-08-2011, 03:43 AM
CableKC
Fri, Apr 1 @ Indiana - Win
I stand corrected.

Either way...I think that we will do worse cuz we have a tougher schedule.

Unclebuck
03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
If the pacers end the season with 33 wins I do not want them in the playoffs.

Question: after head to head what is the next tie-breaker. Chances are the pacers will beat the Bucks at home so the season series will likely end 2-2.

I just looked it up, after head to head, the next tie breaker in this case because they are in the same division is record within the division.
Pacers are 6-6
Bucks 4-7

it is always difficult to predict games at the end of the season. Some teams once out of the playoffs play young guys, or the players stop playing hard. Some playoff teams rest guys the last week of the season. Some teams that are out of the playoffs play better with no pressure. I think it is impossible to predict games the last week of the season

CableKC
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
If the pacers end the season with 33 wins I do not want them in the playoffs.

Question: after head to head what is the next tie-breaker. Chances are the pacers will beat the Bucks at home so the season series will likely end 2-2.

I just looked it up, after head to head, the next tie breaker in this case because they are in the same division is record within the division.
Pacers are 6-6
Bucks 4-7

it is always difficult to predict games at the end of the season. Some teams once out of the playoffs play young guys, or the players stop playing hard. Some playoff teams rest guys the last week of the season. Some teams that are out of the playoffs play better with no pressure. I think it is impossible to predict games the last week of the season
This is the 2nd time that you've brought this up.....despite the # of losses....why would you not want this young Team to experience what it's like to make it to the Playoffs and/or understand the "pressure cooker" that is the Playoffs?

I don't want to paint this to be a "black and white" issue....but if you do not want to make it into the Playoffs...then that suggests that you would want the opposite....as in "tank". Although there is a "middle ground" of not making the Playoffs but doing our best to win games....that gets you nothing but a useless "no man's land" Draft pick.

daschysta
03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Here's my prediction when it comes to the remaining schedule for the Bucks and Pacers:

This is the Bucks remaining schedule:

Tue, Mar 8 @ Washington - Win
Wed, Mar 9 vs Cleveland - Win
Sat, Mar 12 vs Philadelphia - Loss
Sun, Mar 13 @ Boston - Loss
Tue, Mar 15 @ Atlanta - Loss
Wed, Mar 16 vs Orlando - Loss
Fri, Mar 18 vs New Jersey - Win
Sun, Mar 20 vs New York - Win
Wed, Mar 23 vs Sacramento - Win
Fri, Mar 25 @ New York - Loss
Sat, Mar 26 vs Chicago - Loss
Mon, Mar 28 @ Charlotte - Win
Wed, Mar 30 @ Toronto - Win
Fri, Apr 1 @ Indiana - Loss
Sat, Apr 2 vs. Philidelphia - Loss
Tue, Apr 5 @ Orlando - Loss
Wed Apr 6 @ Miami - Loss
Fri, Apr 8 @ Detroit - Loss
Sat, Apr 9 vs Cleveland - Win
Mon, Apr 11 vs Toronto - Win
Wed, Apr 13 @ OKC - Loss

Remaining Recod - 9 Wins / 12 Losses
Ending Season Record - 32 Wins / 50 Losses

This is the Pacers remaining schedule:

Tue, Mar 8 vs Philadelphia - Loss
Wed, Mar 9 @ Minnesota - Loss
Fri, Mar 11 @ Toronto - Win
Sun, Mar 13 @ New York - Loss
Tue, Mar 15 vs New York - Loss
Wed, Mar 16 @ Boston - Loss
Fri, Mar 18 vs Chicago - Loss
Sat, Mar 19 @ Memphis - Loss
Mon, Mar 21 @ New Jersey - Loss
Wed, Mar 23 @ Charlotte - Win
Fri, Mar 25 vs Sacramento - Win
Sat, Mar 26 @ Detroit - Loss
Mon, Mar 28 vs Boston - Loss
Wed, Mar 30 vs Detroit - Win
Sun, Apr 3 @ NewOrleans - Loss
Wed, Apr 6 vs Washington - Win
Fri, Apr 8 vs. Atlanta - Loss
Sun, Apr 10 vs NY - Loss
Wed, Apr 13 @ Orlando - Loss

Remaining Recod - 6 Wins / 14 Losses
Ending Season Record - 33 Wins / 49 Losses

NOTE - I'm very pessimistic about our chance to win some key games on the road and against some good Teams at home.

The good news is that because we have a good buffer of 3.5 games ahead of the Bucks....the Bucks would pretty much have to play .500+ ball with 21 remaining games whereas we can still .333+ ball and still come out ahead ( barely ).

So the key...IMHO....is to win 7 or more games and we should BARELY come out ahead...as the Bucks would have to play some pretty inspired ball to come out ahead.

Our room for margin is beginning to shrink next to nothing....seriously, someone has to light a match underneath these guys butts....cuz it's getting close to crunch time and we have to win games that we should be winning and competing against Teams that we are considered on the same level as us.

The margin of error isn't that small, simply because you made the most pessimistic prediction possible. You have us losing to literally every single decent team we face for the rest of the year AND dropping games against games against the nets, sixers, new orleans without chris paul, minnesota, and new york, not once, but twice in a row, you know they've lost to the cavs twice...

I very, very, seriously doubt we finish nearly as badly as you predict.

Yes we haven't looked good against a very good thunder team on the road, playing with fire after losing 3 in a row to top competition, and a houston team that has had our number for forever. That said, we competed quite nicely against dallas on the road, who is the best of those three teams, played miami very tough, and got the job done against all the teams we "should beat" sans detroit on the road once. Chances are we win at least a few of the games against good teams, especially at home, and chances are we don't drop nearly as many of the easy games as you predict.

All you're prediction did was slate us playing significantly worse than usual (even if it isn't really at as high a level as it seemed immediately post trade) and predict the bucks playing over their heads while injured, despite the fact that they've been worse than us, despite an easy schedule lately.

Sure the margin of error is small if the worst possible outcomes happen, but realistically the pacers should comfortably be in the playoffs for better or worse.

I very, very seriously doubt we end the year 6-14. I suppose we'll see if the team has regained some focus tonight, I bet that we beat philly.

Unclebuck
03-08-2011, 02:47 PM
This is the 2nd time that you've brought this up.....despite the # of losses....why would you not want this young Team to experience what it's like to make it to the Playoffs and/or understand the "pressure cooker" that is the Playoffs?

I don't want to paint this to be a "black and white" issue....but if you do not want to make it into the Playoffs...then that suggests that you would want the opposite....as in "tank". Although there is a "middle ground" of not making the Playoffs but doing our best to win games....that gets you nothing but a useless "no man's land" Draft pick.

If the pacers end with 33 wins that would mean they finshed the last 26 games of the season, basically a third of the entire season, with a 7-19 record. Any team that does that simply doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.

I've said for 5 years that if the Pacers deserve to be in the playoffs they will get there, but I figured 39-41 wins would be needed not 33 which is the second worst record we have had since 1990

I don't want them to tank, I want them to play every game to win.

Really though what I want doesn't matter, The Bobcats are terrible right now and I'm not sure the Bucks can get it turned back around either. so maybe the pacers can finish 12 -8 and at leaast be playing decently to get in

Unclebuck
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM

If the Pacers play as they generally have the past 10 games or so they will finish where CableKC has them finishing

Of course no one is saying that the pacers cannot start to play at least a little better

CableKC
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The margin of error isn't that small, simply because you made the most pessimistic prediction possible. You have us losing to literally every single decent team we face for the rest of the year AND dropping games against games against the nets, sixers, new orleans without chris paul, minnesota, and new york, not once, but twice in a row, you know they've lost to the cavs twice...

Yes we haven't looked good against a very good thunder team on the road, playing with fire after losing 3 in a row to top competition, and a houston team that has had our number for forever. That said, we competed quite nicely against dallas on the road, who is the best of those three teams, played miami very tough, and got the job done against all the teams we "should beat" sans detroit on the road once. Chances are we win at least a few of the games against good teams, especially at home, and chances are we don't drop nearly as many of the easy games as you predict.

All you're prediction did was slate us playing significantly worse than usual (even if it isn't really at as high a level as it seemed immediately post trade) and predict the bucks playing over their heads while injured, despite the fact that they've been worse than us, despite an easy schedule lately.

Sure the margin of error is small if the worst possible outcomes happen, but realistically the pacers should comfortably be in the playoffs for better or worse.

I very, very seriously doubt we end the year 6-14. I suppose we'll see if the team has regained some focus tonight, I bet that we beat philly.
I'm a "worst case scenario" type of guy.......so, yeah...call me pessimistic. ;)

But honestly, after the last 3 years....do you blame me for being pessimistic?

daschysta
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Nope, but even our teams from the last 3 years played around .500 ball post all-star break. ;)

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
He just isnt as good as you make him out to be. The guy looks pretty bad everytime I watch him on LP. His stats haven't changed much since Brown was fired.
Per minute this is true for rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

However, he's maintained that rate with DOUBLE the minutes and reduced his TO/Min by 33%.

He also improved his FG% from 43.5 to 45.2, his FT% from 58.3 to 74.4 and his 3P% from zip to 14% (obviously still awful, but his attempts are ultra low). He's also greatly improved his Points per 36, going from 9.0 with Larry to 14.2 since he left.

Right now in the non-Larry era for him this is the per 36 type of player he has been:
14.2 points
4.8 rebounds
1.8 assists
.8 steals
.7 blocks
1.3 TOs (above 1.00 A/TO ratio)
Shooting 45% from the field

The only question should be why didn't Larry think this was adequate from a rookie or vitual rookie the 2nd year?

He got 188 minutes with Larry this year and 355 last, for a 1.5 year total of 543. He's had 823 minutes in the 3 months after Larry.

Considering the massive minutes he was giving Jackson while he shot 41% FG with 4.4 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.4 block (per 36) I think the case can be made that Brown was pretty stupid with his roster and player development.

daschysta
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Per minute this is true for rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

However, he's maintained that rate with DOUBLE the minutes and reduced his TO/Min by 33%.

He also improved his FG% from 43.5 to 45.2, his FT% from 58.3 to 74.4 and his 3P% from zip to 14% (obviously still awful, but his attempts are ultra low). He's also greatly improved his Points per 36, going from 9.0 with Larry to 14.2 since he left.

Right now in the non-Larry era for him this is the per 36 type of player he has been:
14.2 points
4.8 rebounds
1.8 assists
.8 steals
.7 blocks
1.3 TOs (above 1.00 A/TO ratio)
Shooting 45% from the field

The only question should be why didn't Larry think this was adequate from a rookie or vitual rookie the 2nd year?

He got 188 minutes with Larry this year and 355 last, for a 1.5 year total of 543. He's had 823 minutes in the 3 months after Larry.

Considering the massive minutes he was giving Jackson while he shot 41% FG with 4.4 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.4 block (per 36) I think the case can be made that Brown was pretty stupid with his roster and player development.

Larry did bone Henderson, bobcats fans have been screaming about it for ages, same thing with augustin.

However per 36 numbers imo are best used to compare players that actually play significant minutes over a longer period of time as a comparitive tool.

Also notable is that tyler averages 17.3-9 equalling his per 36 production from his rookie year, except on notably better percentages from both the foul line and the field.

Scot Pollard
03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
We're in there's no doubt the Bobcats are getting in or anyone below us.

If we win at least the next 2-3 games, we're sitting nicely.

imbtyler
03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
With their win against the Toronto Raptors, the Charlotte Bobcats have taken the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

PaceBalls
03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
With their win against the Toronto Raptors, the Charlotte Bobcats have taken the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

As horrible as they have played, it is probably for the best, let's hope we get a good draft pick and then blow it up. Now that we have seen this team without Jimmy distorting our perception, this team is going to have to go on a serious win streak for me to change my mind.

C'est la Pacers