PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Brown

Wylder1324
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Looks like he was waived by Charlotte to make room for the incming players from their trades......any interest in him ? I have kept up with his development some mainly because I'm a Gerald Henderson fan and while eyeing his progress I was aware of Brown's as well.....I think he's worth a look.

OakMoses
02-26-2011, 03:37 PM
If we buy out Ford and have a roster spot, I'd be very interested in taking a look at Brown. I haven't seen him play this year much, but if you'd have asked me last year I'd have taken him over McRoberts any day.

SMosley21
02-26-2011, 03:41 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211502/Bobcats_Will_Waive_Marks_Peterson

The Bobcats will waive Morris Peterson and Sean Marks, according to general manager Rod Higgins.

The two veterans were acquired in the Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed trades on Thursday.

The move will open up a pair of roster spots and could lead Charlotte to bring back Derrick Brown.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211502/Bobcats_Will_Waive_Marks_Peterson#ixzz1F6FBFNZK

Also from ESPN Insider...

The Bobcats had to waive Derrick Brown, Sherron Collins and Dominic McGuire on Thursday so that the team could make trades with Oklahoma City and Portland.

On Saturday, after the players have taken their physicals and the trade is officially in the books, the Bobcats will release Sean Marks and Morris Peterson, reports The Charlotte Observer.

The Bobcats will have two open spots on the roster and the newspaper reports the team could re-sign Brown after he clears waivers on Monday.

pwee31
02-26-2011, 04:09 PM
I would take a flier for the rest of the season if Ford is bought out. I think adding another big in that roster spot would be a nice move for the rest of the season.

Wylder1324
02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Brown is actually in more of the Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace mold in that he can play the SF/PF.

PacersFan1991
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Worth a try.

Pacersalltheway10
02-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I'd look at Earl Barron too.

BringJackBack
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah I just woke up from a nightmare where Solo logged like 20 minutes and cost us the game so I'd like to give Brown/Barron a try if/when we buy out TJ.

wintermute
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Earl Barron was signed by the Bucks to a 10-day contract.

Derrick Brown was picked up off the waiver wire by the Knicks.

BringJackBack
03-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmmm... Weird.

You'd think that we'd be able to use someone like Barron as a third center for rebounding. Solo is a joke. We should have bought TJ out earlier to get him for the rest of the season in my opinion.

cdash
03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hmmm... Weird.

You'd think that we'd be able to use someone like Barron as a third center for rebounding. Solo is a joke. We should have bought TJ out earlier to get him for the rest of the season in my opinion.

I'm not sure Earl Barron is any better or any worse than Solo. Actually, I'd probably prefer Solo to him, but neither one of them is a difference maker. If they are doing anything for your team besides providing emergency depth, you are in trouble.

BringJackBack
03-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I think Barron is a better defensive/offensive rebounder, which is what makes Solo suck big time. When Solo plays, we do terrible. If we can just get a guy to get simple rebounds and not make stupid mental common sense mistakes that Solo does than that's a huge improvement in my opinion.

xIndyFan
03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure Earl Barron is any better or any worse than Solo. Actually, I'd probably prefer Solo to him, but neither one of them is a difference maker. If they are doing anything for your team besides providing emergency depth, you are in trouble.

:iagree:

this. pacers have guys that are ok. they don't need any of these guys. they need guys better than the guys starting, not better than the guys in suits.

BringJackBack
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Solo is not okay.. He's the worst player that I have ever seen in my life. If/when he has to play he significantly increases our chance of losing.

Jared Sullinger
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Knicks Claim Derrick Brown Off Waivers - RealGM Wiretap (http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211640/Knicks_Claim_Derrick_Brown_Off_Waivers)

The Knicks have claimed Derrick Brown off waivers, announced Donnie Walsh on Tuesday.

Brown was waived by the Bobcats last week.

Brown, who played collegiately at Xavier, has played in 11.9 minutes per game this season and has scored 11.1 points per 36 minutes.