PDA

View Full Version : Let's get past the Mayo deal

thefeistyone
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
And focus on who we should have been dealing with. Boston has been trying for a couple years to replace what they had in Posey. You can't get better than the real thing. If they think Green is going to replace Posey they got another thing coming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6155082

We needed to get that [small forward or power forward] swing guy," Rivers added. "One of the things I was just saying is that this gives us the ability -- like the year we won it -- at times we can go small with Green at the 4 and Kevin [Garnett] at the 5, with Paul [Pierce] and Ray [Allen] spreading the floor. We've been trying to get that lineup ever since [James] Posey left. You forget how many times we did that in the playoffs, which was every fourth quarter. We haven't been able to duplicate that and, in some ways, it's hurt Rondo."

vnzla81
02-25-2011, 05:26 PM
How you want us to deal with them if the trade deadline is over? :confused:

BornReady
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
why is this thread titled, "Let's get past the Mayo deal?" Kind of misleading, just saying...

thefeistyone
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I know it's over,that would be why I said "who we should have been dealing with" You know, past tense... i was just saying maybe we should have been dealing with Boston if they miss Posey that much. I suppose hindsight is 20-20. It wasn't supposed to be a serious thread. It was just funny hearing Rivers talk about how much they miss Posey.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I know it's over,that would be why I said "who we should have been dealing with" You know, past tense... i was just saying maybe we should have been dealing with Boston if they miss Posey that much. I suppose hindsight is 20-20. It wasn't supposed to be a serious thread. It was just funny hearing Rivers talk about how much they miss Posey.

They miss the Posey that was there in 2008. They want nothing to do with 2011 James Posey. That's why we're not focusing on them.