PDA

View Full Version : The busted Mayo Deal / Paul George

yoadknux
02-25-2011, 05:10 AM
Hello Everyone.
I'd like to discuss a few things that I've noticed here.

Not very important:

1. The Mayo Deal. Some people here were happy we missed it. And I just wonder... How can you be happy about it?
Mayo had an outstanding rookie year, was great last year, he sucks this year yes, has problems off the court, so what? How else do you expect to get a player talented as he is? he has huge potential and huge talent, and he's by far better than Rush, Jones and Dunleavy.
As for losing Mcroberts- Are you guys serious? Josh Mcroberts? You don't want to lose Josh Mcroberts for O.J Mayo? You don't want to lose a role-player for one of the most talented scorers in the NBA? And why? because josh is a local boy? come on! He's no Defensive player of the year and we don't run plays for him on offense. Yes, he brings hustle and energy, which is great, for a BENCH PLAYER! And he's a great passer! which is OK, but what does it have to do with the 4 spot? It's not like he's the next Kidd. A starting Power forward needs to be good on either scoring or defending, and needs to be a good rebounder. Oh yeah, and he also expires this season. So you're not even missing him for THAT long if you really want him.

Something that kind of bothers me:

2. Paul George. I see too many exaggerated posts about him. Too many "He will be a superstar" "Face of the franchise" all that.
Well, maybe he will be a superstar, maybe he will lead the franchise, who knows. But what makes you think he'll be a superstar? Based on what? Usually superstars are already great on their rookie season. Lebron, Wade, Melo, Durant, Rose the list goes on and on. But that's ok, maybe he's not getting enough minutes, maybe he'll really break out later, I don't know, and I'm not saying there's no chance, this guy has huge potential. But is there a rookie with no potential?
The "Proven" players, like Wall and Blake, you can say they'll be superstars. they are both starters and produce at a very high level as rookies. But George hasn't even started once yet, and some people here already made him a franchise player.
Again, I'm not saying he has no potential or talent. All I'm saying is, I think it's too early to decide such things.

MyFavMartin
02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
I think it's interesting to speculate as to what it'd be like to have had Mayo come playoff time, esp. in the case of Miami when they go with their no PG line-up.

LeBron/DWade/J. Jones/Bosh/Dampier
PG/Mayo/DG/Tyler/Hibbert

I guess it might be also interesting to speculate as to Mayo's potential role in dealing with bigger point guards that have been giving us trouble (i.e., DRose), but then either DC2 isn't on the court or we've got him covering Ronnie Brewer or Bogans.

It might be something we revisit in the off-season, esp. come draft time. Mayo has worn his welcome out in Memphis and the Griz will need FC help with the potential loss of Randolph and Gasol.

I really like McRoberts and think he gives us something currently that Tyler doesn't... playmaking passing, athleticism and good team chemistry with the starters... That being said, I liked the trade.

But now, it's spilled milk.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
You say people exaggerate Paul George's talent, yet you say Mayo is one of the most talented scorers in the NBA.

Pot meet kettle

Day-V
02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
As for losing Mcroberts- Are you guys serious? Josh Mcroberts? You don't want to lose Josh Mcroberts for O.J Mayo? You don't want to lose a role-player for one of the most talented scorers in the NBA?

I don't wanna lose 1 of our only 2 PF's on the team, a guy who gels really well with Roy and is one of the better passers on our team for an immature punk who scores only 12 points a game, is not a very good defender, and will more than likely do something stupid and get himself in trouble before his time here with us is up.

yoadknux
02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
You say people exaggerate Paul George's talent, yet you say Mayo is one of the most talented scorers in the NBA.

Pot meet kettle
Are you serious?

Day-V
This "Immature Punk" has better production in my opinion, and josh is both replaceable and expiring

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Are you serious?

Day-V
This "Immature Punk" has better production in my opinion, and josh is both replaceable and expiring

I don't want 1 PF on our team and 5 SG's. And I don't care what Josh allegedly is.

I think you really over-estimate OJ Mayo.

yoadknux
02-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Over estimate? A young guy who averages 16.7 pts with around 45%FG over 3 years is who I over estimate?
I think it's other way around.
You don't want 5 SGs? OK. Dun expires. Either George or Jones play backup SF. Rush or Lance can be traded (We were about to trade Rush anyway). that gives you 3 SGs. Better?

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
The guy just has a ton of red flags on his resume. I just don't see why you bring him in when you have a guy in Paul George that very well could be as good as or better than him.

Plus, I think if we had brought him in, we would have had a tough time making the playoffs. And I think making the playoffs this year is a crucial step for the future of the core of this team.

If we really want him, offer Brandon and pick in the offseason.

grace
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
he sucks this year yes, has problems off the court, so what?

So what? Are you serious? So he gets in trouble and it's those thugs the Pacers all over again.

owl
02-25-2011, 09:24 AM
I am not particularly found of Mayo but Bird thought he was worth it and I think he has a better feel for players than we do. So, as much as I like Josh I am sure that trade was not the only trade they were going to make. I suspect a big was to be obtained one way or another.

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:30 AM
I am not particularly found of Mayo but Bird thought he was worth it and I think he has a better feel for players than we do. So, as much as I like Josh I am sure that trade was not the only trade they were going to make. I suspect a big was to be obtained one way or another.

This I agree with. I would've been more in favor of the trade had a quality big been included. The oft-reported J-Mac & 1st Rounder for Mayo, however, no thanks.

PR07
02-25-2011, 09:37 AM
The problem I have is when people are acting like Mayo and George couldn't coexist. You can never have too much talent. If Wade and LeBron can coexist, I'm sure these two could've too. Right now, how many guys on this roster can create their own shot on a regular basis? Not many. At the very least, Mayo would've given us that.

If George is good enough, he'll play. There are enough minutes to go around for everyone especially with Dunleavy shut down and Rush presumably out the door sooner rather than later. Also, the fact that Mayo can play SOME point guard also makes him an attractive option as a nice 6th man type going forward. It's a moot point because we had our shot and blew it, but maybe we'll get a second chance in the offseason.

Evan_The_Dude
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Ok the deal didn't happen. I hope maybe, just maybe this deal lights a fire under Brandon Rush's ***. He is CAPABLE of putting up the numbers OJ Mayo has in his career when he wants to. Rush isn't lacking talent or ability offensively. Plus he plays GREAT defense. I'm hoping that Rush is saying to himself (I'm the starting 2, and they were about to trade for a guy that scores more.... sooo maybe I need to be more aggressive consistently and score more). One can only hope...

SMosley21
I'm sorry, but a guy with a career average of 16.7 points per game, and who is regressing with a career low this season of 12 per game, is NOT one of the most talented scorers in the league.

The trade didn't happen. Get off OJ's jock

Kid Minneapolis
1. The Mayo Deal. Some people here were happy we missed it. And I just wonder... How can you be happy about it?

You asked a question, and then answered it yourself:

...he sucks this year yes, has problems off the court, so what?

Lol. "So what." Way to ignore some major signs there, fella.

PR07
02-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Randy Moss had a few down years in Oakland then look what happened in New England. It's a different sport, but sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders.

90'sNBARocked
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't wanna lose 1 of our only 2 PF's on the team, a guy who gels really well with Roy and is one of the better passers on our team for an immature punk who scores only 12 points a game, is not a very good defender, and will more than likely do something stupid and get himself in trouble before his time here with us is up.

not calling you out bro, but I dont understand why people are so quick to judge. Yes Mayo had some recruiting issues , but that is very common. He has not been in trouble in the courts, and his "ban" was for a sports drink

he is only 21 and I am still in shock we couldnt meet a funkin deadline

How unprofessional

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Randy Moss had a few down years in Oakland then look what happened in New England.

We are not the New England Patriots. We are the Houston Texans.

ballism
02-25-2011, 09:50 AM
This I agree with. I would've been more in favor of the trade had a quality big been included. The oft-reported J-Mac & 1st Rounder for Mayo, however, no thanks.

Well it was reported as a three way with NOH sending back 2 players and a 1st. We will never know who those players were. NOH has a lot of cheap players that could have made that deal work, including 5 bigs at 2.5 mil or below.

Kid Minneapolis
02-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Randy Moss was also amazing before he experienced a decline... whereas Mayo was just... decent.

That said, I don't disagree about change of scenery doing good, look what Jalen Rose did for us. But, let's not pretend that is a consistently repeatable scenario.

Mayo has declined each year in the league. He has incidents quite frequently. He has all-world talent. It's just not gonna happen. We already have one of those guys in Lance Stephenson, let's keep it to one gamble at a time please.

Besides, from everything we've read, we got canoodled by NO backing out of the deal at the last second, what are ya gonna do?

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
and his "ban" was for a sports drink

He said it was an over-the-counter supplement at first.

PR07
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
We are not the New England Patriots. We are the Houston Texans.

That's not the point though. Just because a guy is not playing well in an organization where basketball goes to die and they rarely win anything, doesn't mean he couldn't succeed under the guidance of a future hall of famer (Bird) and a rising culture that is Pacers' Basketball.

I mean the Grizzlies might be second in incompetence only to the Clippers when it comes to running an NBA organization. I don't put much stock into how a guy is performing there because I'm not sure if there is any set plan present.

ballism
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
That's not the point though. Just because a guy is not playing well in an organization where basketball goes to die and they rarely win anything, doesn't mean he couldn't succeed under the guidance of a future hall of famer (Bird) and a rising culture that is Pacers' Basketball.

I mean the Grizzlies might be second in incompetence only to the Raptors when it comes to running an NBA organization. I don't put much stock into how a guy is performing there because I'm not sure if there is any set plan present.
Off topic, but that future happened in 1998. :)

Day-V
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM

My fear is that he wouldn't pay attention to Bird. I think he'd do much better around proven veterans like Tim Duncan in San Antonio, Kobe in L.A., or KG and Ray in Boston.

nyballer31
02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=PR07;1178392]The problem I have is when people are acting like Mayo and George couldn't coexist. You can never have too much talent. If Wade and LeBron can coexist, I'm sure these two could've too. Right now, how many guys on this roster can create their own shot on a regular basis? Not many. At the very least, Mayo would've given us that.

QUOTE]

The thing is he doesn't create his own shot.Yes it was a strength coming out of higschool and College but it has not translated over in the NBA. I think the reason is he's not a great athlete, secondly he doesn't have that explosive first step that some of the other undersized two guards have that make them so good at attacking the rim.

At this point in his career he has alot of trouble getting by his man and he's not considered a very a good one on one player.Alot of people who were so high on was mainly because they thought he could play pg in the NBA and potentially be a huge matchup problem but he can't play that spot and I don't think scouts see him as a elite talent anymore.

He is a excellent shooter and a willing passer and there would have been a role on him for this team but I don't view him as starter on a team looking to win a championship.I think he could be a great 6th man.

joeyd
02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
not calling you out bro, but I dont understand why people are so quick to judge. Yes Mayo had some recruiting issues , but that is very common. He has not been in trouble in the courts, and his "ban" was for a sports drink

A warning about sports drinks is clearly posted in the locker room of every NBA team in the league. So at worst he is dabbling in banned substances and at best he is a big bonehead. We need neither type here. He also apparently has anger issues. We've seen many people like this in the league. They do nothing for team chemistry, and more often than not, these people do not change. Again, no room for such a person in the Pacers locker room.

ballism
02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Reportedly, Bulls offered 3 1st picks and to take on a bad deal for Mayo, but Heisley declined due to personal grudge against the Bulls owner. On hoopshype twitter page atm.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23648/details-of-allen-vs-mayo-emerge

Sources have brought me up to speed on the details of Allen/Mayo I, and judging by the fruit of this fight -- a black eye for O.J. Mayo and a fine for Tony Allen -- there will not be a rematch.

I'm told the two Memphis Grizzlies players, who are actually friends, scuffled over a debt of $7,500 that Mayo owed to Allen after losing in the card game Bourre.

Allen, regarded as one of the toughest guys in the league, tried to avoid a confrontation, but Mayo trash-talked Allen for roughly 15 minutes, criticizing his game, bragging about how he was a better basketball player than Allen, about how he was a lottery pick.

Allen was especially bothered by Mayo's chatter because they have a friendly relationship. Zach Randolph tried to play peacemaker, telling Mayo to stop ribbing Allen, but to no avail.

Finally, Allen had enough and struck Mayo in the face. He then landed a succession of blows to Mayo's eye, mouth, shoulder and the side of his head. Mayo was able to get off a swing, but Allen ducked to avoid it and then clocked Mayo once more for good measure.

As Apollo Creed said to the young upstart Rocky Balboa, "Ain't gonna' be no rematch.''

That confrontation is 1 of the 2 times that Mayo has been suspended this season. Sometimes the best trades are the ones that don't happen.

ballism
02-25-2011, 10:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23648/details-of-allen-vs-mayo-emerge

That confrontation is 1 of the 2 times that Mayo has been suspended this season. Sometimes the best trades are the ones that don't happen.

Well so he was a dick with his friend and got beaten up. I thought he had anger management issues himself. This isn't nearly as bad. He's no Artest, he just can't keep his mouth shut around his friends.

I hadn't seen the particulars untill now, this makes me feel much better about his issues. Not nearly what I was afraid off.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Well so he was a dick with his friend and got beaten up. I thought he had anger management issues himself. This isn't nearly as bad. He's no Artest, he just can't keep his mouth shut around his friends.

He's got an bad attitude problem, point blank. The worst part of it is he talks trash and then can't back up his mouth. Players like that don't fit the mold of the team we're trying to build.

Talk it, walk it

ballism
02-25-2011, 10:40 AM
He's got an bad attitude problem, point blank. The worst part of it is he talks trash and then can't back up his mouth. Players like that don't fit the mold of the team we're trying to build.

Talk it, walk it

It's a ridiculous situation though. You play a game, you trash talk, and your friend punches you in the face.
It's your own fault that you crossed the line, but on the other hand, people trash talk with friends all the time. Sometimes you get carried away and step over the line. It doesn't make you a bad person.
Usually a friend doesn't punch you though just because you are over the line. But these guys are meant to be 'tough', so maybe it's different. If a friend punched me at a card game, I think I'd just freeze due to surprise, no punching back or anything.

joeyd
02-25-2011, 10:55 AM

I hadn't seen the particulars untill now, this makes me feel much better about his issues. Not nearly what I was afraid off.

Actually, he's kind of a young version of Artest in many ways. Not the sharpest tool, and a bad attitude. Would it surprise anyone if this guy "bumped" or actually hit an official or maybe a fan? Or sampled another one of his "energy beverages."

Gamble1
02-25-2011, 11:05 AM

Talk it, walk it
Some of you guys just don't get it. This has very little to do with one OJ Mayo. This is about buying cheap and selling high. IF we got Mayo and then traded him later next season for a couple of frist round picks or high quality basketball player then we win.

Mayo has issues and I kind of wonder if Lance is just as talented as Mayo with less issues. MY point is that we could have MORE ASSETS to deal with next season when sign and trades are possible. IMO we need to expand our options for wheeling and dealing next season and Mayo would have provided that.

ballism
02-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Actually, he's kind of a young version of Artest in many ways. Not the sharpest tool, and a bad attitude. Would it surprise anyone if this guy "bumped" or actually hit an official or maybe a fan? Or sampled another one of his "energy beverages."

Well I'm not OJ's fan and don't follow him much, so I'll gladly agree if you put some facts behind your words. Just give me a little bit something to believe he's "stupid and has a bad attitude" and 'young Artest'.

You say so why? Because you read it on espn?
Because he talked trash to a friend?
Because of illegal uni gifts and the 'energy drink'?
All that says to me is that he's a dick with friends and possibly a cheater. I can live with that. Nothing there tells me he's stupid and will go and hit fans in the stands or ask for a time off to write songs, or beat up his teammates.
If there are any other facts though, I'd love to read about it.

ballism
02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Some of you guys just don't get it. This has very little to do with one OJ Mayo. This is about buying cheap and selling high. IF we got Mayo and then traded him later next season for a couple of frist round picks or high quality basketball player then we win.

Mayo has issues and I kind of wonder if Lance is just as talented as Mayo with less issues. MY point is that we could have MORE ASSETS to deal with next season when sign and trades are possible. IMO we need to expand our options for wheeling and dealing next season and Mayo would have provided that.

Lance pushed his girlfriend down the stairs, among other things, and he has less issues than Mayo. I must really not know something terrible that Mayo did or said.

Overall point, I agree, this was a buy low deal where either you sell high in a year, or you get a future starter.

diamonddave00
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Nothing will ever light a fire under Brandon Rush this is now 3 straight trade deadlines the Pacers have tried to move him. Seems obvious Bird only extended his contract next season in hopes of getting something for him.

As for McRoberts being the 1 of 2 pf's here - Jason Smith and D J Mbenga both pf's were likely the 2 Hornet players we were getting. I think Bird sees Tyler as a 30+ minute a night player , and saw Granger at pf for 8-10 minutes perhaps a night leaving 8-10 minutes for Posey-Mbenga and Smith to fill.

Mayo at 6'4 can play point guard on a limited minutes basis and tho not a good defender does fill a role of a bigger pg to defend Stuckey, Billups types who abuse Collison. Something he also envisions Stephenson doing.

I think if we remove homerism and look at how "nba experts" saw the failed deal you'll see they thought it was a steal for the Pacers.

I'm not a huge Mayo fan but he'd have been a huge upgrade over Rush who Bird obviously wants to move. His attitude is a huge question but he has value around the league . He is the type who wants to take the big shot late in games and can create his own shot something at this point I only see Paul George on this team capable of doing.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Well I'm not OJ's fan and don't follow him much, so I'll gladly agree if you put some facts behind your words. Just give me a little bit something to believe he's "stupid and has a bad attitude" and 'young Artest'.

All that says to me is that he's a dick with friends and possibly a cheater. I can live with that. Nothing there tells me he's stupid and will go and hit fans in the stands or ask for a time off to write songs, or beat up his teammates.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9wzN2sP0PIY/RbzViYePfCI/AAAAAAAAAGw/_-3KaaX__gU/s1600/oj%2Bmayo%2Bescorted.jpg

"USC signee O.J. Mayo faces a two-game suspension after being ejected from a game Friday night involving his Huntington (W.Va.) High team in which he received two technical fouls and reportedly initiated contact with an official.

Mayo received one technical foul for taunting after scoring on a breakaway dunk, then a second technical for a verbal confrontation with players from the opposing team.

Mayo reportedly followed an official to the scorer's table to dispute the call and made contact, after which the official dropped to the court."

Day-V
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9wzN2sP0PIY/RbzViYePfCI/AAAAAAAAAGw/_-3KaaX__gU/s1600/oj%2Bmayo%2Bescorted.jpg

"USC signee O.J. Mayo faces a two-game suspension after being ejected from a game Friday night involving his Huntington (W.Va.) High team in which he received two technical fouls and reportedly initiated contact with an official.

Mayo received one technical foul for taunting after scoring on a breakaway dunk, then a second technical for a verbal confrontation with players from the opposing team.

Mayo reportedly followed an official to the scorer's table to dispute the call and made contact, after which the official dropped to the court."

Thank you for posting this. I thought I remembered something about him getting into it with an official when he was in high school.

ballism
02-25-2011, 11:30 AM

Wasn't there later a video of the incident that showed the official flopping the whole 'contact'?

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Wasn't there later a video of the incident that showed the official flopping the whole 'contact'?

Regardless if he flopped or not, players shouldn't be close enough to a ref to make ANY contact. Mayo is a bonehead and it dates all the way back to high school. There's no way around that fact.

ballism
02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Regardless if he flopped or not, players shouldn't be close enough to a ref to make ANY contact. Mayo is a bonehead and it dates all the way back to high school. There's no way around that fact.

Of course they can. Arenas are loud. When players want to argue a call, they get close to refs. Just watch NBA games. Especially before the 'no complaining' rule.
He either pushed the ref, or he didn't push him. If he went to argue a technical and the ref flopped, that hilarious and worth reading about, but that's about it.

I kind of hate these kinds of stories. Some famous guy who was supposed to be the next LeBron falls into some ridiculous situation or trash talks too much, and suddenly there's a series of pulp fiction stories about what gangster he is. Put 3 of these ridiculous stories together, and he's a Freddie Krueger.

joeyd
02-25-2011, 11:58 AM

Firstly I didn't say he was stupid. Not the sharpest tool in the shed is accurate based on the incidents already documented, even by you. Facts behind my words? What more do you want? A bonehead IMO is someone that exercises bad judgment on a consistent basis. Accepting illegal gifts and imbibing an questionable energy drink, fighting, making contact with an official? Really? You need more? We are not talking about having spread this over a 20 year career. This guy is young and not learning from mistakes. See above posts.

SMosley21
02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Of course they can. Arenas are loud. When players want to argue a call, they get close to refs. Just watch NBA games. Especially before the 'no complaining' rule.
He either pushed the ref, or he didn't push him. If he went to argue a technical and the ref flopped, that hilarious and worth reading about, but that's about it.

the video is on youtube. He obviously at least touched the ref, but at the angle of the cameras it's hard to see just how hard he bumped him. The ref definitely took a spill and regardless of a flop or not, Mayo made contact. Making contact with an official is a big NO in basketball from AAU on up to the NBA and it's not like Mayo didn't know that.

Kid Minneapolis
02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I wish news of this non-trade had never been leaked, so we wouldn't have to be putting up with this sky-is-falling crap over a guy that really isn't worth it.

We had a guy in this thread named Gamble recommend we take a.... gamble. How profound.

BillS
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I wish news of this non-trade had never been leaked, so we wouldn't have to be putting up with this sky-is-falling crap over a guy that really isn't worth it.

Yeah, but we'd be putting up with the "Larry Bird did nothing to even try to make a move" sky-is-falling crap.

ballism
02-25-2011, 12:33 PM
It seems we'll never come to an agreement. When you post up some crazy picture or say that he 'fights teammates', that indeed sounds terrible. But when you try to look with open mind and don't 'forget' any facts, the picture turns into a video of a flopping ref. The 'fighting' turns into 'too much trash talking at wrong friends'. And his most serious crime - an 18 year takes under the table gifts from his college; guess what, Joe Smith did an under the table multi-million deal in NBA, and he was a great guy.
Personally, I don't mind a greedy guy who's a dick and talks too much trash. If he doesn't repeat the steroid masker stuff, I couldn't care less about everything else. I certainly don't care about huge headlines and pulp photos. I'd rather see full picture.

Anyway, no point to argue about this all over again, if there's no other facts.

joeyd
02-25-2011, 11:48 PM
It seems we'll never come to an agreement. When you post up some crazy picture or say that he 'fights teammates', that indeed sounds terrible. But when you try to look with open mind and don't 'forget' any facts, the picture turns into a video of a flopping ref. The 'fighting' turns into 'too much trash talking at wrong friends'. And his most serious crime - an 18 year takes under the table gifts from his college; guess what, Joe Smith did an under the table multi-million deal in NBA, and he was a great guy.
Personally, I don't mind a greedy guy who's a dick and talks too much trash. If he doesn't repeat the steroid masker stuff, I couldn't care less about everything else. I certainly don't care about huge headlines and pulp photos. I'd rather see full picture. Anyway, no point to argue about this all over again, if there's no other facts.

I wouldn't really call it an argument so much as perhaps two different views on whether to take a risk on this guy. I think you would consider taking a risk because you see the benefits greatly outweighing the risks. I see the guy and notice his tendency to have bad judgement, which could affect the team adversely, and in a big way, potentially. With what the team has gone through, I'd like to see us stay clear from folks who have tendencies to exercise bad judgement. Pretty much simple as that. Not denying at all that the guy has talent.

croz24
02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
a lot of truths in the op

Eleazar
02-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but we'd be putting up with the "Larry Bird did nothing to even try to make a move" sky-is-falling crap.

Those people can just eat **** because they are too dumb to realize that isn't true, and sometimes the best thing to do is just to stay put. I mean when was the last time the Lakers or Spurs made a game changing trade in the middle of the season? You don't build a better team with mid season trades you build a better team in the offseason.

PR07
02-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Those people can just eat **** because they are too dumb to realize that isn't true, and sometimes the best thing to do is just to stay put. I mean when was the last time the Lakers or Spurs made a game changing trade in the middle of the season? You don't build a better team with mid season trades you build a better team in the offseason.

The Lakers acquired Pau Gasol on February 1st, and they don't win without him.
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Spirit
02-26-2011, 01:29 AM
He needs to go to the guy Beasley went to when he had problems. Seemed to have worked for him.

pacer4ever
02-26-2011, 01:34 AM
He needs to go to the guy Beasley went to when he had problems. Seemed to have worked for him.

I figure we will do the trade like how Beasly got dealt. Beasly just needed a fresh start his attuite is a lot better in Minn.

Gamble1
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM

We had a guy in this thread named Gamble recommend we take a.... gamble. How profound.
:laugh:

I even think thats funny. Just to let you know my name comes from an old friend who is an artist. Its sort of my way of remembering him and the good ol' days. Its not a bad name for first person shooters either.