PDA

View Full Version : Marquis Daniels traded to Kings

Trophy
02-24-2011, 07:36 PM
http://boston.sbnation.com/boston-celtics/2011/2/24/2013314/celtics-trade-marquis-daniels-kings

Celtics Trade Marquis Daniels To Kings For Cash
by Ryan Hudson

The flurry of Celtics moves at the NBA trade deadline continued Thursday afternoon when Boston sent Marquis Daniels to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for cash, this according to CBS' Ken Berger. Daniels has not played since Feb. 6, when he suffered a bruised spinal cord, and it's growing more and more likely that he will miss the remainder of the season.

As a player on a one-year deal with early Bird rights at stake, Daniels has the option to veto any trade, so basically he needs to decide if he wants to watch a playoff run with Boston or putz around with the Kings. For Sacramento, the move gets them above the league's salary floor, which is set at 75 percent of the salary cap.

The Daniels move was the third made by the Celtics on Thursdays. Boston traded Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic (and a 2012 first-round pick), a deal that was quickly followed by sending Semih Erden and Luke Harangody to the Cavaliers in exchange for a 2013 draft pick.

Psyren
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Poor 'Quis

I feel bad for the guy.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
also a report he might be out for the season

Trophy
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
The Celtics made 2 deals after the deadline.

I know they were minor trades getting second round picks in return, but we should've gotten extra time.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
This came out on twitter after the Mayo trade was declared too late.

McKeyFan
If this deal can be reported so late, makes you wonder if the Mayo deal could steal squeeze through. You know, maybe lawyers are reviewing the timeline.

pacer4ever
If this deal can be reported so late, makes you wonder if the Mayo deal could steal squeeze through. You know, maybe lawyers are reviewing the timeline.

They are the Celtics

We are the Pacers

only difference which is a major one in sterns eyes

Marlin
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I saw he'll probably require surgery, btw. Best of luck to Quis.

Psyren
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
They are the Celtics

Wear the Pacers

only difference

Fact.

The NBA cares about the Celtics. Therefore, they can make trades after the deadline.

The Pacers and Grizzlies are both irrelevant to the NBA. Therefore, we do not get leniency.

NBA = Rigged

/end rant.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
The Celtics made 2 deals after the deadline.

I know they were minor trades getting second round picks in return, but we should've gotten extra time.

there deal with the Cavs made 0 sense they were big losers all the way around

ballism
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't get the Celtics anymore. This deal is fine if he's out for the year. The other two? Uhh...
Either they have a hunch they'll get a few good veterans after buyouts, or they are plain crazy.

Trophy
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't typically agree when people say the league does everything they can to please the best teams, but now I definitely feel like they do.

I mean we had our deal with the Grizzlies drawn up and ready to be made, but we were still talking and the league pretty much closed the door on it.

After tonight, I'll say the deal is officially off.

Psyren
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't typically agree when people say the league does everything they can to please the best teams, but now I definitely feel like they do.

I mean we had our deal with the Grizzlies drawn up and ready to be made, but we were still talking and the league pretty much closed the door on it.

After tonight, I'll say the deal is officially off.

Agreed.

I suppose there's a very very very very very very very very VERY slim chance we are given another shot at it.

But maybe. All signs do point to the NBA screwing us over.

ballism
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Maybe Larry forgot to call in to ask for time untill it was too late. Or maybe they didn't have the third team until after the deadline once NOH bailed out.
There's no motive for the league to conspire here, so no point in conspiracy theories. :)

Sandman21
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Although the league DOES own the team that killed the deal.... ;)

I actually hated this proposed trade, but just sayin'.....

ballism
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Although the league DOES own the team that killed the deal.... ;)

I actually hated this proposed trade, but just sayin'.....

Haha good point!
Imagine if Pacers were owned by Marc Cuban and the Hornets screwed HIM over. There would be some fine words in the press.

IUfan4life
02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
just because it was reported late does not mean it got in late.

with that said, I fully believe David Stern hates us

Trophy
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM
there deal with the Cavs made 0 sense they were big losers all the way around

I saw that deal at the last minute on NBATV and I was surprised.

I really don't get why teams trade scrubs for second round picks years later.

I know it frees up a roster spot, but I don't get why some teams want the scrub.

Since you're a partial Clippers fan, can you explain why they often made deals acquiring players like Cheikh Samb for second round picks then wind up waiving the player a week or so later?

This deal a few years ago stood out to me.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/01/07/raptors.adams/index.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Two hours after announcing they had acquired Hassan Adams from the Toronto Raptors, the Los Angeles Clippers waived the 6-foot-4 swing man Wednesday.

The injury-riddled Clippers acquired the 24-year-old Adams along with cash considerations for a future conditional second-round draft choice.

Adams, who grew up in nearby Inglewood and played his college ball at Arizona, averaged 0.9 points and 0.6 rebounds in 12 games for the Raptors this season. He was selected in the second round of the 2006 NBA draft by New Jersey and appeared in 61 games as a rookie, averaging 2.9 points.

Adams spent the 2007-08 season in Italy playing with Ignis Draghi Novara and Siviglia Wear Teramo before signing with the Raptors as a free agent last July.

The Clippers (8-26), playing without injured stars Baron Davis, Chris Kaman and Zach Randolph, have lost eight straight games. They acquired center Cheikh Samb of Senegal and cash considerations from the Denver Nuggets on Monday for a conditional second-round draft pick.

Sandman21
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Since you're a partial Clippers fan, can you explain why they often made deals acquiring players like Cheikh Samb for second round picks then wind up waiving the player a week or so later?

Because it's the Clippers?:D

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I saw that deal at the last minute on NBATV and I was surprised.

I really don't get why teams trade scrubs for second round picks years later.

I know it frees up a roster spot, but I don't get why some teams want the scrub.

This deal a few years ago stood out to me.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/01/07/raptors.adams/index.html
Erdin or what ever wasnt a scrub he has been starting for them. He is a solid player who didnt recive PT early because of there dept now they lack depth

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM

pretty much Sterling is cheap and does stuff that doesnt make a lot of sense.

ballism
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
The Turkish guy that Celts gave away to Cavs isn't a complete scrub though. He had plenty of moments early on. I think he's worth a 2nd rounder. To me, the question is why would Celts give him away? Sure, he's nothing extremely special, but do they really get a better healthy insurance policy at 5?

Trophy
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Off the top of my head a few scrubs I can remember them acquiring for second rounds picks were Cheikh Samb, Hassan Adams, Alex Acker.

I never understood the reason behind it because those players wound up being cut a few weeks later.

CT Pacer
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
The Turkish guy that Celts gave away to Cavs isn't a complete scrub though. He had plenty of moments early on. I think he's worth a 2nd rounder. To me, the question is why would Celts give him away? Sure, he's nothing extremely special, but do they really get a better healthy insurance policy at 5?

That is the move I'm most confused about. Semih Erden is his name and yes early on when Perk, Shaq, and JO were hurt he got a lot of minutes and was very productive for a rookie. I figured the Perkins deal would free up minutes for Semih but boy was I wrong.

Sandman21
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Off the top of my head a few scrubs I can remember them acquiring for second rounds picks were Cheikh Samb, Hassan Adams, Alex Acker.

I never understood the reason behind it because those players wound up being cut a few weeks later.

Sterling has to find means to settle the discrimination lawsuits against him somehow:D

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Adams was solid at Arizona But was too undersized to play in the NBA. But the other ones were just dumb.

Trophy
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Erdin or what ever wasnt a scrub he has been starting for them. He is a solid player who didnt recive PT early because of there dept now they lack depth

I like Erden's game and I wasn't trying to point out he's a scrub.

I was trying to say I really don't get why some teams make deals like the Kings getting Marquis Daniels who is going to be out for the rest of the season.

I know they only gave up a second round pick, but it's just a waste that they almost do the Celtics a favor by helping them free up a roster spot.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I like Erden's game and I wasn't trying to point out he's a scrub.

I was trying to say I really don't get why some teams make deals like the Kings getting Marquis Daniels who is going to be out for the rest of the season.

I know they only gave up a second round pick, but it's just a waste that they almost do the Celtics a favor by helping them free up a roster spot.

The Kings didnt trade any picks just cash

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
In soviet Russia, David Stern doesn't screw the Pacers, the Pacers screw David Stern.

Lets take a little trip to Russia with our dear friend Mr. Stern.

The Rocker
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
In soviet Russia, David Stern doesn't screw the Pacers, the Pacers screw David Stern.

Lets take a little trip to Russia with our dear friend Mr. Stern.
in modern Russia Stern will be angel:)

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
in modern Russia Stern will be angel:)

:censored: stern always wins

Trophy
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
If I were the Kings, I'd be more concerned about the team's future in Sacramento being in doubt instead of giving a top team free money and helping them free up a roster spot.

It just really ticks me off how they allow these pointless deals, but not our important major deal.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
If I were the Kings, I'd be more concerned about the team's future in Sacramento being in doubt instead of giving a top team free money and helping them free up a roster spot.

It just really ticks me off how they allow these pointless deals, but not our important major deal.

You think the Maloofs who are the Kings care. Im sure they want to move to a better market.

Eindar
02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I know I'm late to the Clippers discussion about trading for crappy players and then waiving them, but the common theme in the link is that the Clippers were taking players and cash and sending out second round picks. Assuming the cash was $3m, and the player makes less than $1m, this is essentially trading a second round pick for $2m.

Given that this is Donald Sterling, it dovetails nicely with his penchant for treating players like cattle, being greedy, and caring less about winning than making money.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I know I'm late to the Clippers discussion about trading for crappy players and then waiving them, but the common theme in the link is that the Clippers were taking players and cash and sending out second round picks. Assuming the cash was $3m, and the player makes less than $1m, this is essentially trading a second round pick for $2m.

Given that this is Donald Sterling, it dovetails nicely with his penchant for treating players like cattle, being greedy, and caring less about winning than making money.

ya this was pretty much it. He owes a team in LA i dont know why he is so greedy his teams suck and always makes money. Wish he would sell.

Unclebuck
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM
This came out on twitter after the Mayo trade was declared too late.

You do realize that when something comes out on twitter means nothing. What matters is when the teams notify the league. Isn't that obvious. twitter is not official

Trophy
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
According to Kings.com, the Celtics got a 2017 second round pick for Marquis Daniels and cash.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
You do realize that when something comes out on twitter means nothing. What matters is when the teams notify the league. Isn't that obvious. twitter is not official

no i didnt relize that thank you for the enlightment

Unclebuck
02-24-2011, 10:12 PM
no i didnt relize that thank you for the enlightment

sorry if I misinterpreted your prior post I quoted,