PDA

View Full Version : Will Tinsley be extended?

blanket
09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
When is the deadline for the Pacers and Jamaal Tinsley to agree on a contract extension? Do you expect them to reach an agreement, or do you think he'll be a restricted free agent next summer?

scar
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
I think all hope of Tinsley getting an extension is lost. I think he'll come back to Indiana. Tell me what Point Guard wouldn't want to be running the gun with a top NBA Championship Contender?!

Shade
09-21-2004, 12:06 PM
For some reason, I get the feeling that this will be Jamaal's last season as a Pacer. I just get the feeling that Rick and Larry are looking for something else from their starting PG. :shrug:

SkipperZ
09-21-2004, 12:33 PM
he better get extended.

If he just repeats how he played last year, (and he won't he'll improve) then he easily gets the full mid level exception for the max allowable length from some other team. Especially judging from the players that got it this year.

Extend him, and he can be had for 4-5 mil a year. I doubt his agent will tell him to reject an offer like that considering the upcoming CBA change and tinsley's body.

Anthem
09-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm confused... is the question "Will Bird/Walsh try to extend him" or "will he try to test the market next summer?" In other words, would he not be extended because of the Pacers or because of himself?

Either way, I think it's a no-brainer.

blanket
09-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm confused... is the question "Will Bird/Walsh try to extend him" or "will he try to test the market next summer?"

I think it's the same thing. Either the Pacers and Tinsley reach an agreement on a contract extension (like has been done over the last few years for others coming off their rookie deals like Harrington, Foster, Bender), or they don't (for whatever reason) and he becomes a restricted free agent next summer (and we risk losing him to another team, or overpaying him like we did Croshere).

I guess the questions are these:
- When is the deadline for signing an extension
- Do Bird/Walsh even WANT to extend Tinsley
- Does Tinsley even WANT an extension here
- Either way, do you think it will happen or not and why?

Bball
09-21-2004, 03:01 PM
I guess the questions are these:

- Do Bird/Walsh even WANT to extend Tinsley

Walsh gave Bender an extension so for him to not want to give Tinsley an extension would sure make for a lot of question marks.

I know Foster got an extension as well but that was probably because Walsh knew he was probably NOT re-signing BMiller and needed to hedge his bets even if it did make resigning BMiller even harder. :devil:

Would Tinsley accept an extension... that is another question...

-Bball

Forgot the :devil:

Kegboy
09-21-2004, 05:02 PM
If we don't extend Tinsley, Zeke = :happydance:. Doesn't matter if NY has Starbury and Crawford, Isiah would pounce on him next summer.

That said, I'll be shocked if we don't extend him.

Btw, the deadline is usually 10/31, but since the season's starting later than usual, it might be a couple days later.
[edit=67=1095800653]

Ragnar
09-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I cant imagine the Pacers being stupid enough not to extend him.

Lord Helmet
09-21-2004, 08:48 PM
We gave Bender an extension so we better also give Tins one too.

MSA2CF
09-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm not worried.

If Jamaal doesn't get re-signed, I'm sure there's at least one PG out there who's proven and would play for us. :whistle:

;)

edit: Jay knows whom I speak of.

ChicagoJ
09-21-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm not worried.

If Jamaal doesn't get re-signed, I'm sure there's at least one PG out there who's proven and would play for us. :whistle:

;)

edit: Jay knows whom I speak of.

Tommy won't be allowed to throw for about six weeks. Jackson's too immobile to play in the NBA, but ya know, he's built like a QB, and he's got great vision ... maybe, as a compromise, he could do that.

IMO, this is a no-brainer. DW appears to believe in taking care of the players he drafts ... I'm sure he'll do everything he can to get Tinsley to sign up for a few more years on the Pacers (including, as he's shown for Jeff, Jon, and Austin, over-pay to keep them.)

MSA2CF
09-21-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm excited to see Ben. I think Tinsley will be a Pacer for at least two more years after this campaign.

Anthem
09-22-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm sure he'll do everything he can to get Tinsley to sign up for a few more years on the Pacers (including, as he's shown for Jeff, Jon, and Austin, over-pay to keep them.)

Ummm..... it's pretty hard to look at the paydays this summer and think that Jeff was overpaid. I have no ability to guage Bender, and Cro was paid market value at the time.

But the real question is: what would you consider "overpaid" as far as Tinsley is concerned?

ABADays
09-22-2004, 09:01 AM
I have thought for some time, and stated so on this board, there might be a problem with his next contract or extension. I don't think he liked what happened to him at the beginning of last season and will make that painfully obvious to the Pacers before he signs anything.