PDA

View Full Version : Another last second deal that didn't happen/ was this a Hoax?

vnzla81
02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Here we go again with another last second deal that didn't happen, so the Pacers didn't know when the trade deadline was over? is this like the 4th straight year this happens? How you feel about this? I'm personally mad because this s*** happens every freaking year.

Hoop
02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey Larry, the gift shop sells these ...........
http://product.images.fansedge.com/44-40/44-40611-F.jpg

BringJackBack
02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
It pisses me off because they could have gotten to work a long time ago.. How in the hell do you miss a deadline?

How in the hell do we not make a trade?! Rawr, grrrrr, arghhh :mad:

yoadknux
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Take it easy!
we're now officially the best "almost" team in the NBA! :laugh:

naptownmenace
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
In fairness to Larry and TPTB, it's possible that the rumored 3rd team pulled out at the last second and left them scrambling to get the backup plan trade together.

OTOH, I don't think you can fault Memphis. Heisley even released a press statement about how he regrets that he had to trade OJ. He wouldn't do that if he was getting cold feet.

Ugh! It's over now. At least the Pacers are winning and in the playoff hunt. They still have a lot of creampuffs left to play and plenty of teams that should be beatable. Maybe this will light a fire under Brandon and McRoberts that causes them to play lights out.

Strummer
02-24-2011, 05:43 PM
OTOH, I don't think you can fault Memphis. Heisley even released a press statement about how he regrets that he had to trade OJ. He wouldn't do that if he was getting cold feet.

Sounds to me like Heisley jumped the gun. He's always been a bit of a loose canon as an owner.

vnzla81
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
when I opened this thread I was thinking the same thing that Seth already wrote on this post

HOAX HOAX HOAX

A) You have 4 bigs, plus Solo
B) You are making a playoff run and that's a priority
C) You have at SG/SF the following:
Granger
George
Rush
D Jones
Lance (who they say they want to play)
Dunleavy - if not hurt, and if he is you kinda like that it forces the team to move on with Rush/George anyway

D) Doesn't match salary

E) Pacers also give up a pick

F) Mayo hasn't exactly had the rep of Mr. Nice guy

G) You have TJ Ford waiting for some PT and you could easily go small at times if you get thin at SG without Dun

Last year we were just about to trade Ford/Rush for Augustine/Henderson and gosh darnit we didn't quite get it through before....wait for it...

THE OWNER OF THE OTHER TEAM (Charlotte) SHUT DOWN THE TRADE!

I'm shocked to think there might have been any shennigans at play here.

Good lord, you'd have to think I had an IQ of 12 to fall for this crap. Not one single thing about it actually makes sense. Trades that make zero sense don't happen.

The freaking Griz side of it was quoted as saying they had too much SG depth and needed more bigs...um, 100% the same situation the Pacers are in, so why in the F would the Pacers pay a first round pick to help Memphis get the deal the Pacers needed themselves.

This isn't me as a Josh fan saying this. This trade is equal to Tyler for Mayo (also BS) or Hibbert for Holiday or Foster for Chase Buddinger. Whether I like or dislike the guys coming back or going out (and I don't dislike Tyler, but I'm a Josh fan of course) NONE OF THOSE DEALS would make sense because of Paul, Rush and Lance.

You don't need Mayo and you do need bigs and you need rookie salary from adding a first round pick.

Major Cold
02-24-2011, 05:54 PM
I think you all are grasping at nothing here.

Kid Minneapolis
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I like orange juice and mayonaise.... not together, mind you, but individually they have their culinary roles.

Not sure OJ Mayo has a role with this Indiana cuisine, however, so I'm not heart-broken about the dish that almost was.

We're low on 4s, not 2s. The deal didn't really do much for me.

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I like orange juice and mayonaise.... not together, mind you, but individually they have their culinary roles.

Not sure OJ Mayo has a role with this Indiana cuisine, however, so I'm not heart-broken about the dish that almost was.

We're low on 4s, not 2s. The deal didn't really do much for me.

If he didn't work out he would still have been a great trade asset.

Kid Minneapolis
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Frankly, I think Mayo's value has decreased, with his steadily decreasing performance all 3 years in the league, his off-court issues... he's not lived up to his high school hype. I just don't see the player that everyone predicted he would be. Not even sure he's a great trade asset. Last year a Mayo for McBob deal woulda been laughed at, and this year, it's a legitimate move, what's that say about both players?

I honestly feel like George is the better SG *right now* if you asked me to choose between him and Mayo.

wintermute
02-24-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't think it's a hoax at all. All this accomplished is that Mayo in Memphis and Rush and McBob in Indy realize their management wants to trade them (2nd time for Rush). Quite counter productive.

I do think our front office has issues closing deals.

pwee31
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah no hoax, but trouble closing deals 3 years in a row.

Tinsley for Reddick

Ford/Rush for Augustin/Henderson/Mohammed

McRoberts for Mayo

It was said the Nets completed the Collison deal, so no credit there

vnzla81
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah no hoax, but trouble closing deals 3 years in a row.

Tinsley for Reddick

Ford/Rush for Augustin/Henderson/Mohammed

McRoberts for Mayo

It was said the Nets completed the Collison deal, so no credit there

So do you think is time for Bird to go? it looks to me like he sucks is making deals.

Kid Minneapolis
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Again... what's the value in closing deals if the deal isn't really worth closing. It's not like Miami offered us DWade for McBob and we hedged. I'm gonna lose about, ohhh.... two minutes of sleep tonight.

ballism
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
It's funny though. Memphis traded Kevin Love and Mike Miller for OJ Mayo. Now they jumped at Mayo for McRoberts and a crappy pick in a crappy draft. So, within three years from Kevin Love and Miller to Josh McRoberts and a bad pick? Wow, talk about a crappy franchise.

ballism
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
And yeah, it's no hoax if Memphis owner goes and announces the deal as done.

vnzla81
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Here is the video from sportscenter about the deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWSL7RieGiw

aaronb
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
It's funny though. Memphis traded Kevin Love and Mike Miller for OJ Mayo. Now they jumped at Mayo for McRoberts and a crappy pick in a crappy draft. So, within three years from Kevin Love and Miller to Josh McRoberts and a bad pick? Wow, talk about a crappy franchise.

Yet, they still have lots more talent than the Pacers. Go figure ?

BringJackBack
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm shocked that aaronb is back now. ****ing shocked.

pwee31
02-24-2011, 06:37 PM
So do you think is time for Bird to go? it looks to me like he sucks is making deals.

I wouldn't say get rid of Bird, he did make the Collison/Murphy deal over the summer.

I just think he's bad at the deadline. He perhaps keeps his cards hidden too well, and doesn't give himself enough time to address anything if a hiccup occurs.

From the sounds of it, the Pacers and Grizzlies had agreed to the deal, Bird thought he had a 3rd team involved that fell through, but didn't have enough time to lure in the second 3rd team option before the final buzzer.

It also scares me for the future that Bird might rush into a deal given he hasn't been able to close for 3 years in a row at the deadline

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wI6UONWCq7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larry Bird that hoaxer

WE DID IT FOR THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

flox
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I mean, when there is smoke, there is fire, and there's been smoke now for a couple of years.

How much longer until we find out there's really a fire?

ballism
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Yet, they still have lots more talent than the Pacers. Go figure ?

Easy. Check their picks through the last two decades.

1995 - 6th pick
1996 - 3
1997 - 4
1998 - 2
1999 - 2
2000 - 2
2001 - 3
2002 - 4
2003 - 13
2004 - none
2005 - 19
2006 - 24
2007 - 4
2008 - 5
2009 - 2
2010 - 12

ballism
02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Rofl, so the Grizzlies actually gave away Thabeet too, and even added another 1st pick, just to get Shane Battier's expiring?
Man...

Lord Helmet
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
This is embarrassing.

PaceBalls
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
when I opened this thread I was thinking the same thing that Seth already wrote on this post

Definitely the worst post I've read of Seths. And no disrespect to him, I agree with almost all of his posts and they are always well thought out. But this is just nonsense conspiracy theory junk.

flox
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Rofl, so the Grizzlies actually gave away Thabeet too, and even added another 1st pick, just to get Shane Battier's expiring?
Man...

Gives them more space to resign Randolph.

BobbyMac
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
guess it was New Orleans who backed out..This seems like a much more resonable senario to me.

vnzla81
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Definitely the worst post I've read of Seths. And no disrespect to him, I agree with almost all of his posts and they are always well thought out. But this is just nonsense conspiracy theory junk.

Please find me another trade that didn't go down in the last second this year beside the pacers and the year before and the year before that one and I might think that this is not a hoax, this is not the first time this happens, I even predicted this s*** was going to happen, and guess what it just happened.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Please find me another trade that didn't go down in the last second this year beside the pacers and the year before and the year before that one and I might think that this is not a hoax, this is not the first time this happens, I even predicted this s*** was going to happen, and guess what it just happened.

Read the article about the Hornets pulling out it wasnt a :censored: hoax that is just crazy talk

TheDon
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Man...

Just another day at the office for the Memphis Grizzlies

BobbyMac
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Memphis and Indiana agreed to swap Mayo for forward Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick but Indiana insisted on making it a three-way trade to make the deal work financially. In the final minutes leading up to the deadline, the New Orleans Hornets pulled out. Indiana recruited another team to keep it a three-team transaction. And there's the rub. By the time the "other" third team got involved and everything was agreed upon everyone missed the deadline (http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2011/02/how-the-mayo-to-pacers-deal-broke-down.html). Memphis Commercial Appeal (http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2011/02/how-the-mayo-to-pacers-deal-broke-down.html)

This from HoopsHype.com

SMosley21
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Memphis and Indiana agreed to swap Mayo for forward Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick but Indiana insisted on making it a three-way trade to make the deal work financially. In the final minutes leading up to the deadline, the New Orleans Hornets pulled out. Indiana recruited another team to keep it a three-team transaction. And there's the rub. By the time the "other" third team got involved and everything was agreed upon everyone missed the deadline (http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2011/02/how-the-mayo-to-pacers-deal-broke-down.html). Memphis Commercial Appeal (http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2011/02/how-the-mayo-to-pacers-deal-broke-down.html)

This from HoopsHype.com

There you have it. Now stop :cry: like little girls.

DrFife
02-24-2011, 07:09 PM

This from HoopsHype.com

Yeah, fine, whatever, but for a deal that close, no request/allowance for a time-extension? Like I said, Larry has to livid about NOH.