PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City has acquired center Nazr Mohammed

Pacemaker
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
WojYahooNBA:
Oklahoma City has acquired center Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte for D.J. White and Mo Peterson, source tells Y! Sport

http://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba

pathil275
02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
That's interesting since we're battling with the Bobcats for a playoff birth. I had the feeling they were really thin in the frontcourt with Thomas injured and now they are giving up Mohammed?

Edit: Okay, in a separate trade they acquired Pryzbilla to fill the void in the middle. Question is, will he report? But they sent out Wallace, basically for two first round picks. Doesn't look like they are in a win-now mode.

MyFavMartin
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Anybody interested in signing Nazr as a backup C this summer?

naptownmenace
05-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Anybody interested in signing Nazr as a backup C this summer?

He's a good backup but if we're going for an older player like that, I'd rather the Pacers go after Kwame Brown who is also a free agent this summer.

I really want Stanko Barac. Ultimately I hope they bring him over this summer and let him develop along with the rest of our young players.

Speed
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Yes, but only as plan C or D.

DGPR
05-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I vote for Stanko

BPump33
05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I vote for Stanko

I just really hope he goes with "Stanko" on the back of his jersey. If he does, the custom jersey store better get ready for me during the first preseason game.

pacergod2
05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't know if the Fieldhouse could handle the barage of excitement and shoppers when they come out with the Stanko #42 jerseys.

Ownagedood
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't know if the Fieldhouse could handle the barage of excitement and shoppers when they come out with the Stanko #42 jerseys.

I've been out of touch with his updates... Is he actually progressing along well? Seems those picks of international players a few years back hasn't worked well yet..

pacergod2
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM
There has been a lot of whispers about him coming over. He had a very good Euro League season. He is 24 and it would be as good of a time as ever to bring him over. It would reduce a roster spot for a guy on a fairly cheap contract. There is some upside in our front court, which is not a bad thing. It gets him better competition on a daily basis.

PacersFan1991
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if OKC re-signed Nazr.

naptownmenace
05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I've been out of touch with his updates... Is he actually progressing along well? Seems those picks of international players a few years back hasn't worked well yet..

Stanko has been playing very well. He had a really good showing against the Spurs back in a preseason game in October 2010. According to the article below his PER is 25.25 and he shot 58% from the field! (I don't go crazy over PER stats but they do give you a good idea of how effecient a player is).

http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/the-nba-in-europe-stanko-barac/

http://www.indycornrows.com/2011/3/22/2066503/stanko-barac-vs-maccabi-electra-g1

Stanko having breakout year in Euroleague

Jan. 19, 2011

The Pacers knew this would be an important year in the development of European prospect Stanko Barac. But it looks like the blossoming big man is exceeding expectations.

Barac has earned high praise in the European media for his performance with Caja Laboral (in Vitoria, Spain) and is now considered one of the top prospects in the EuroLeague.

"Long considered a promising center prospect, the pressure was on this year as Barac was inserted into the starting lineup," wrote Euroleague.net on Jan. 12. "But if there were questions, Barac answered them quickly and emphatically. Barac, 24, has posted some of the best statistics in the competition and was a rock in the middle for Laboral as it rallied from a rare losing streak to reach the Top 16 as one of the hottest teams around!"

The 7-1 Barac, 24, was drafted No. 39 overall by Miami in the 2007 NBA Draft and acquired by the Pacers in exchange for an '09 second-rounder. In his first full season starting in Euroleague competition, he was the only player to rank in the top 10 in scoring (14.1), rebounding (6.7) and blocked shots (1.3).

Barac was also the subject of a recent feature by Netscoutsbasketball.com, which described him as "a big-man with legit size for the NBA, good lower-body strength and shot-blocking ability to fight the athletes that attack the rim in North America. He has good shooting ability to hit long-twos in pick-and-pop sets and good passing skills of the post."

Sounds like Barac just might turn out to be worth the wait.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_brunner_1101.html