PDA

View Full Version : Orlando should start getting nervous, Dwight not a happy person.

Peck
02-24-2011, 01:55 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/24/howard-fed-up/

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – The one thing you don’t want these days in the NBA is a superstar player that is unhappy with his teammates, the organization, his situation or all of the above.

Magic star Dwight Howard seems ready to check at least two of those boxes after his team’s loss to the lowly Kings. Howard was extra salty after the game, throwing daggers in every direction after he spent most of his night imploring his teammates to play harder. More from the Orlando Sentinel:

He exploded on his team during a timeout in the second quarter. He harped on his team in almost every huddle. Even between whistles he’d bark words at his teammates.

After the game, Howard was tired of talking.

“I’ve said everything there is to say,” said Howard, sitting dejectedly in front of his lockers with a semi-circle of reporters around him. “That’s it. I’ve talked every timeout, when we’re in the huddle, in the locker room… What, you want me to Tweet about it? I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do as a leader.”

Maybe an inflammatory Tweet would help the Magic, whose embarrassing loss to one of the league’s worst teams certainly serves as the team’s low point this season.

“If guys don’t want to play, they’ve got to sit down,” Howard said. “We just can’t have guys or anybody out there not playing hard.”

The phrase “it’s a waste of talent” came out of his mouth during his postgame session with the media (above), an interesting exchange for a player that could find himself at the center of attention, so to speak, when the topic turns to the next player eager to bolt for a better situation when his contract allows it.

“We’ve been talking for a long time,” Howard said. “That’s all we seem to do is talk.”

If you’re a Magic a fan, these are not the words you want to hear coming out of the mouth of the face of your franchise!

If I'm the Magic G.M. I start preparing to jettison everyone around him to improve the club. Make it clear to Dwight you see the problem and that you are getting him the help he needs. Also start looking for a new coach, one who will change the team from such a perimater based attack to a team that battles down low to help Dwight, not just depend on him to carry the load down there.

Either way I'm sure the Lakers are already preparing the big contract for Howard.

Hicks
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Someone tell him he'd love playing for Frank Vogel and with Tyler and Josh as his PFs. :D

Peck
02-24-2011, 02:07 PM
BTW, go to the link and watch the video. You will hear how dejected and down Dwight is right now. Typed words can't really describe how he sounded durin that interview.

Brad8888
02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Get Isiah Thomas on the phone right away. He would be able to swing a deal for Howard on our behalf for the right price (i.e. if we agree to hire Donnie away from the Knicks)...

BillS
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
:signit:

Natston
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
TJ Ford's expiring and our mid 1st round draft pick?

:signit:

graphic-er
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe the big fella should learn to shoot free throws. He knocked down his free throws, they would win more games.

Major Cold
02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
I think we all saw this happening once they signed Rashard for a billion dollars.

ilive4sports
02-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe the big fella should learn to shoot free throws. He knocked down his free throws, they would win more games.

While he needs to improve that he's not the reason they are losing. Howard does give it all every night. He always crashing the boards hard, getting blocks and doing his best to score in the paint (sometimes the refs make it harder than it should be). And he is right, I've seen games where his team looks disinterested.

Basketball Fan
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I think we all saw this happening once they signed Rashard for a billion dollars.

Yeah but Rashard isn't there anymore so what's the excuse now?

This is the Gilbert Arenas effect folks he ruins everything around him.

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM

Highly unlikely.

BillS
02-24-2011, 03:08 PM
This is the Gilbert Arenas effect folks he ruins <b>the shoes of</b> everything around him.

fixed :devil:

Doddage
02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Highly unlikely.
I wouldn't rule it out. Orlando should have just done the Phoenix deal and waited to see what they had with Rashard still on the team before trading for Arenas.

oxxo
02-24-2011, 03:28 PM

It's not an excuse. The Rashard contract crippled them just like everyone said it would. The only thing they COULD do is either sit on his terrible contract, or take a gamble on another terrible contract (Gilbert). Either way, the original contract hurt them badly. It was an incredibly short-sighted move.

naptownmenace
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey Dwight,

The Indiana Pacers will have plenty of cap-space to offer you a max contract during the summer of 2012. Just sayin'.

Gold
02-24-2011, 03:43 PM

He actually has improved a bit on his freethrows. I've seen a couple of games where they'd try to hack him and he'd actually would make a good majority of his shots. The last game Orlando lost against Sacramento, he had 11-12. Dwight is not the reason they've been losing imo.