PDA

View Full Version : Well at least it isn't only our guys who didn't like their coach...

Peck
02-24-2011, 01:55 AM
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2011/02/pistons_charlie_villanueva_ret.html

By Chris Iott

Is it the latest sign of dissension for the Detroit Pistons? Or just an innocent retweet?

Charlie Villanueva retweeted a comment by one of his Twitter followers Wednesday night following a 102-101 loss to the Indiana Pacers. The message was critical of Pistons coach John Kuester.

One of Villanueva's Twitter followers directed a message to Villanueva earlier in the day Wednesday that said: "I ride or die for the Stones. But Q doesn't put u guys in the best position to win. Sad too. Talent is there."

Villanueva retweeted the comment to his followers -- he has more than 136,000 of them -- shortly after the Pistons suffered the one-point loss to the Pacers.

Villanueva went scoreless in less than five minutes of playing time in the game.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Dude evey Piston player hates Kuster even Tayshaun. He would be fired but ownership issues. The guy is worse than JOB. But the Piston players are a lot more open about it. :laugh:

pacergod2
02-24-2011, 10:13 AM
If Villanueva was willing to play an ounce of defense, he might play more. Anything that comes out of Villanueva's mouth is easily dismissable.

I really dislike the roster that Dumars has put together. I hated the Villaneuva signing. I like Ben Wallace and Tracy McGrady signings. Cheap and productive/high potential. Ben Gordon is overpaid for being a backup, but is a good scorer. I can't believe they aren't trading Tayshaun or Rip. Rip is more understandable because of his contract, but it was a terrible extension when it was signed anyway. I loved the Greg Monroe pick. He was my favorite player out of this last draft. The team just has little roster continuity. Stucket is oversized PG, Gordon undersized SG, Tayshaun doesn't want to be there, at least McGrady is showing flashes of his former self, Monroe is finally playing bigger minutes, and Ben Wallace has no offensive game, but is why the team is effective with his rebounding and defense.

I would trade Rip, Tayshaun and Villanueva for a bag of jelly beans. And I don't like jelly beans.

graphic-er
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
They would have won last night if one of them bother to check Brandon Rush before he could cut for that Pass and Dunk. Kuester had nothing to do with it. Stupid players on the floor were all looking at a Danny Granger who had picked the ball up and held it for about 3-4 seconds before making that amazing pass.

BillS
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
They would have won last night if one of them bother to check Brandon Rush before he could cut for that Pass and Dunk. Kuester had nothing to do with it. Stupid players on the floor were all looking at a Danny Granger who had picked the ball up and held it for about 3-4 seconds before making that amazing pass.

Very nice to have an offense aware enough to catch someone ELSE ball gawking for a change.

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Yep!

Though now that I've watched it 5-6 times, I think it was much more of an amazing catch than it was an amazing pass. Danny almost threw it over Brandon's head.

Sookie
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Yep!

Though now that I've watched it 5-6 times, I think it was much more of an amazing catch than it was an amazing pass. Danny almost threw it over Brandon's head.

I don't think Danny meant to pass it to Brandon.

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM

I don't know - Brandon said they made eye contact before Danny threw it. But if he was trying to get it to DC with the angle he threw it at...

Either way, not an amazing pass. A good enough pass, a bit of good fortune and a great catch.

NuffSaid
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Good pass, bad pass, intended player, unintended player...

I don't care! As long as the Pacers won the game, the rest really doesn't matter. It's always a pleasure to beat the Pistons! :D:dance:

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM

I haven't really read through the game thread or post game thread too much, but I wondered if I was the only one.

BRushWithDeath
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
He had no idea who he was throwing to. It was just a turn, chuck, and hope. TJ Ford has already filed a copyright infringement suit.