PDA

View Full Version : Pistons/Pacers postgame thread

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice win againts a team that plays the Pacers pretty well, MVP for Tyler Hansbrough and yeah let's trade Brandon Rush :D

DEEman
02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
ro
Lets make this the postgame thread!

Huge basket from Rush! Great intensity from him.

xBulletproof
02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
ro ro ro your boat?

ECKrueger
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I am glad Rush is playing. Hopefully the rotation stays similar to tonight's.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Great to see the young guys step it up in a game that finished closer than it should've.

Glad we got out of it with a win.

pwee31
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
:duck:

cdash
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Not a great win. I'm just glad we didn't lose. Great pass by Danny at the end to Brandon, who decided to get aggressive again and slam one home. Tyler was a beast and really is the MVP.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Kind of disappointed that we couldn't win big to see Lance.. It was a bad win and we couldn't guard anyone, but now we are just 4 games under .500 so I'll take that.

-Danny, Josh, Roy, and DC are going to have to play better than they did tonight though.

-I want Paul George to be starting now. Rush can be the backup wing. That doesn't say anything about how good or bad Rush is, it is about how good George is.

-Work on interior defense

-Darren needs to trust in his teammates more in the fourth. He'll get better at that though.

Oh yeah, TYLER HANSBROUGH!! I LOVE YOU!

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I think he made it ro cause of issues starting new threads, then he edits it.

How about that Danny Granger guy. I thought he was terrible in clutch situations. I didn't think he could hit shots when we need them. 11 points in the 4th quarter and a great pass to Rush for the game winning dunk.

ECKrueger
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
oh, and I LOVE TYLER!!

ensergio
02-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I think he made it ro cause of issues starting new threads, then he edits it.

How about that Danny Granger guy. I thought he was terrible in clutch situations. I didn't think he could hit shots when we need them. 11 points in the 4th quarter and a great pass to Rush for the game winning dunk.

Granger is shooting 49%FG in february and 44%3PFG

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2760/danny-granger

Just Saying.

TMJ31
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
This is what I was talking about in the Pacers trade rumor thread.

I don't want us tossing one or two of our young wings/forwards just for a one year rental PF when we have ALL the components we need to be a good team already on our roster.

Tyler, Brandon and Paul were just HUGE tonight.

DC played well and won the game with his D at the final possession.

Danny stepped up in the clutch and made shots and passes in the 4th.

This is the type of basketball that has gotten us off to such a great start under Vogel, and I am very happy to stay put with this roster and roll the dice come playoff time.

That being said, as Larry has repeatedly stated: "If a trade comes around that makes our team BETTER"... Then go for it... But don't chuck Brandon or Jmac or Tyler out the door just for the sake of "change"... We are a good team when we play smart!

Kemo
02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
You can really tell that these guys enjoy playing with each other immensely..( I know , I know twss ..haha totally unintended)

Anyone else see Hibbert give Rush a manly peck on the cheek when Brandon was walking back to the bench on the timeout after his epic dunk?
That my friends, is camraderie and chemistry amongst teammates..
I love that ****** ...

Rush isn't going nowhere...

I really hope Vogel is a shoe-in for Head Coach, I absolutely love the way he has this team playing. He . so far has been displaying everything I want in a head coach for us..

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Granger is shooting 49%FG in february and 44%3PFG

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2760/danny-granger

Just Saying.

I had heavy sarcasm in that post, should have put /green at the end. I've been saying how Danny is more clutch than he gets credit for awhile now

Scot Pollard
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
lances dabut wasnt tonight

maybe friday night

hope for a blowout win

wont be hard to beat utah now

ensergio
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I had heavy sarcasm in that post, should have put /green at the end. I've been saying how Danny is more clutch than he gets credit for awhile now

I know you were being sacarstic. Itīs only that i want to remark how absurd are some critics to Granger.

Sandman21
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Just listen to how Vogel was praising his guys, especially Tyler, in his post-game presser.

granger33
02-23-2011, 09:48 PM
First game at conseco. I have no voice

O'Braindead
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20110223/DETIND/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000848#

The "Psycho T" play was my favorite play of the season by far. Foster and he got four or five offensive rebounds into a great putback that earned Tyler a slap on the head from Foster and a standing ovation.

I loved that play. That's heart. That's passion. That's what is going to win us games.

Sookie
02-23-2011, 09:50 PM
That game had a "lack of focus" feel too it. Which was surprising, considering we lost to them earlier.

I think they are a bad match up for us, in general. But we're more talented.

Paul George looked great. Brandon had a pretty good game too. Dahntay wasn't that great. But I like Dahntay in with the second unit more than Brandon. The second unit is more aggressive with him in there. I like Brandon with the starters.

I really love our young PF and PG combination. I posted in the game thread, seems like when one of the guys plays poorly, the other steps up. Hans and Collison stepped up this game. But they're young and they're learning, and I think it's more than luck that this happens..I think it shows a lot of team chemistry.

Speaking of chemistry, I see something special developing with DC and PG. (I also think the Goon squad runs so well because AJ, Hans, and Foster all work well together.) But I love the DC and PG connections. I think they'll be fantastic together in the upcoming years.

Also, I'm glad the young guys struggled, but pulled out a close win. Nice lesson. They need to focus so they aren't in that position, but they also got a good close win.

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I was thinking this after the game, It is possible that DC's defense looked better because he was playing with two good defensive players?(Rush or PG)

graphic-er
02-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I can't believe how much trouble we have with the Pistons considering how much we have destroyed them in recent past. That Greg Monroe is going to be what everyone though Derrick Favors would be. He has a killer spin with a left hook. I can't believe how many times he scored so easy on that. Pacers not reading the scouting report or something. Pacers interior D needs alot of work. They will beat us up on the glass.

But what a game that was. Danny turning it on in the 4th ala Reggie Miller.

croz24
02-23-2011, 09:54 PM
think this game made it very clear that we need help with our low post defense.

Marlin
02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I was thinking this after the game, It is possible that DC's defense looked better because he was playing with two good defensive players?(Rush or PG)

The fact that it was primarily TMac playing the pick and roll, and not Darren's man, had a lot to do with him looking better. That said, he did a nice job with Stuckey when he tried it, and obviously had a great last sequence.

So we won a game on a cut and dunk by Rush, and on a great defensive play by Collison. Is the world coming to an end yet?

:dance:

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
think this game made it very clear that we need help with our low post defense.And we need to tighten up on PnR defense.

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
But, dare I say it, HOMECOURT RESPECT CALLS BABY! WOOHOO!

Marlin
02-23-2011, 09:58 PM
think this game made it very clear that we need help with our low post defense.

Agreed. And we should get better on those "help and recover" defensive plays on the p&r.

Anthem
02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Rush had some nice aggressive plays through the whole game. It wasn't just the last play (although I'm glad he finally dunked it).

I'm actually ok with PG staying on the bench for a few more games... I liked he and D.Jones as a backup wing combination. And with Rush rounding out the starting 5, we can bring Paul along easy.

Of course, I still want PG getting as many minutes as he can handle.

Anthem
02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone else see Hibbert give Rush a manly peck on the cheek when Brandon was walking back to the bench on the timeout after his epic dunk?
That my friends, is camraderie and chemistry amongst teammates..
I love that ****** ...
I loved Collison's grin after the biggest defensive possession of his life, and Danny Granger coming over and giving him a swat. They really are rooting for each other.

presto123
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
AJ Price couldn't buy a basket. He is shooting under 30% for the last 10 games.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Did anyone see Bird at the game?

Sookie
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
AJ Price couldn't buy a basket. He is shooting under 30% for the last 10 games.

Right, he's too good of a shooter to be shooting as crappy as he has lately. And it's not like he's been heavily guarded either.

I don't know whether he needs to shoot himself out of it, or if he just needs to focus on other things and let his shot come.

PacerGuy
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
I loved Collison's grin after the biggest defensive possession of his life, and Danny Granger coming over and giving him a swat. They really are rooting for each other.

Just as I loved Foster slapp'n Tyler's head after that unbelievable secqence the two of them had (unfortunately while my bot Jimmy Conners was being interviewed!) hitting the boards & eventually getting the bucket. That was unbelievable, & you could tell Chris & Quinn wanted to go off, but they had to be respectful.

graphic-er
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM

He probably making calls trying to get Paul Milsap. Probably didn't even realize Tyler had a 20-10 game.

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 10:22 PM

That could have easily been called a foul

pacer4ever

He was there all 1st half left at halftime. His wife was still in her steat but he never returned.

Unclebuck
He was there all 1st half left at halftime. His wife was still in her steat but he never returned.

Trade talk

Diamond Dave
02-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Well I hate be Debbie Downer, but we made no ground on Philly or NY tonight as both won. Also, I think we can forget the 6th seed as Melo and Billups looked good both going for over 20 for NY.

Still, we lost no ground. Go Pacers

Edit: Good God, I just checked and while we play the Jazz on Friday, NY plays Cleveland and Philly plays Detroit. We won't be gaining any ground Friday either. FML

pacer4ever
Trade talk

But Morway was still sitting by the Simons

PR07
That could have easily been called a foul

I initially thought it was a foul. Normally, they give the offensive player that call. I was surprised when there was no whistle or stoppage of play.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM

trade talk?!

diamonddave00
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Dahntey Jones never played in the 2nd half. Was any reason ever given?

croz24
02-23-2011, 10:27 PM

probably because he was such garbage in the first half.

Diamond Dave
02-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Perhaps a trade? However, with his recent play and overall demeanor on the court it would be an underrated loss for us. He provides a lot of leadership during games during timeouts and dead balls.

pwee31
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM

I watched the game on TV and I remember seeing Bird in the stands during the 2nd half?

At one point Michael Grady even tweeted

http://twitter.com/mg_indy

Hate reading into things...but Larry has left his seat. I hope it wasn't for a bathroom break.....

He's back...sigh

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
But Morway was still sitting by the Simons

Only takes one person to talk on the phone

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Maybe it was a giant lunch at PF Chang's. :shrug:

Scot Pollard
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
First game at conseco. I have no voice

glad you attended

how'd you love the #1 arena in the nba?

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
It is hard thinking about a trade with the team finally playing good. I really like most of the players.

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I watched the game on TV and I remember seeing Bird in the stands during the 2nd half?

At one point Michael Grady even tweeted

http://twitter.com/mg_indy

I never saw him and was looking lol. Maybe I am blind

McKeyFan
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I initially thought it was a foul. Normally, they give the offensive player that call. I was surprised when there was no whistle or stoppage of play.
I thought it could have been against Stuckey just as well. He lowered his shoulder into DC.

BillS
02-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I think they are a bad match up for us, in general. But we're more talented.

This. I think they are to us what we were to Atlanta (and Atlanta was to us) back in the 90s.

BillS
02-23-2011, 10:50 PM

Unless I got the autograph in the 3rd quarter from an imposter, that would be no.

(OK, OK, but we got upgraded to courtside at the corner end by the Pacer bench, so I had to do it. I really wanted Herb's autograph too, but settled for telling him "Thank you")

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I hate ESPN. During the Clips/Hornets halftime show, they show a bunch of blowouts and don't show the game featuring TWO clutch shots under 20 sec. and a defensive stop to win the game. I know we aren't Chicago or New York but COME ON!! This was easily the best game of the night so far.

Bball
02-23-2011, 11:19 PM
I hate ESPN. During the Clips/Hornets halftime show, they show a bunch of blowouts and don't show the game featuring TWO clutch shots under 20 sec. and a defensive stop to win the game. I know we aren't Chicago or New York but COME ON!! This was easily the best game of the night so far.

True... but it was also Pacers vs Pistons circa 2011. Not exactly a game of natl significance.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 11:21 PM

People want to know how the big teams do. Not a non playoff team and the team at 8th in the east. Same reason we don't have games on ESPN/TNT

sunsun
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks Mike Dunleavy!

Peck
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Bird was there in the second half, not sure what you guys were seeing. He left at his normal times and returned at his normal times.

granger33
02-23-2011, 11:37 PM
glad you attended

how'd you love the #1 arena in the nba?

Loved it! Such a great stadium, n the atmosphere in the 4th was pretty good n loud. Everyone was so nice to me! Got a photo with granger before the game aswell :)

Shabazz
02-23-2011, 11:38 PM
oh, and I LOVE TYLER!!

Been saying since draft day, it was only a matter of time until people started to fall in love with Hansbrough. He's going to give you everything he's got and he'll never stop working to get better.

joeyd
02-23-2011, 11:39 PM
This is the type of basketball that has gotten us off to such a great start under Vogel, and I am very happy to stay put with this roster and roll the dice come playoff time.

I'm with you on this! To get something you have to give something. I really don't want to give up our depth.

joeyd
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Unless I got the autograph in the 3rd quarter from an imposter, that would be no.

(OK, OK, but we got upgraded to courtside at the corner end by the Pacer bench, so I had to do it. I really wanted Herb's autograph too, but settled for telling him "Thank you")

I have never been able to get an autograph from Herb. He has always refused my request when I catch him coming to/from his seat. His bodyguard won't even let you ask. If you have some helpful hints, I'd love to hear it!

joeyd
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
One big difference under Vogel I have noticed, compared to JOB: Even though we blow big leads, that doesn't necessarily mean we lose the games.

joeyd
02-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Did anyyone notice who was on the floor for the last defensive stop? I believe it was:

Granger
Tyler
Collison
George
Rush

No Hibbert and no Foster, unless I'm mistaken.

HickeyS2000
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
People want to know how the big teams do. Not a non playoff team and the team at 8th in the east. Same reason we don't have games on ESPN/TNT

I know what your saying, it just makes me :mad: As a basketball fan, I want to see at least highlights of the best games that night. And dunk of the night was some garbage Melo crap. Not the game winning dunk by Rush. I hate the big market bias so much I can't believe I still follow the NBA and watch ESPN.

On the upside, I guess we will continue flying under the radar. Hopefully that will win us a couple games we don't belong winning.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Been saying since draft day, it was only a matter of time until people started to fall in love with Hansbrough. He's going to give you everything he's got and he'll never stop working to get better.

Can he work on his passing then I will maybe fall in love with his game?

Isaac
02-24-2011, 12:17 AM
This. I think they are to us what we were to Atlanta (and Atlanta was to us) back in the 90s.

I don't get what you mean. Are you talking about the Craig Ehloe and Danny Manning Hawks that we upset in the playoffs in 94?

Day-V
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM

Can Blake Griffin work on everything else besides dunking, then I will maybe fall in love with his game? ;)

dal9
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM

hey, tell the story about the time he said 'weightroom'

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Can Blake Griffin work on everything else besides dunking, then I will maybe fall in love with his game? ;

He is already solid in pretty much every area but the scary thing is he will just keep getting better. His dunking is proably his worst attribute besides his defense which needs a lot of work. Like Chuck said once the game slows down for him he will be a complete force. Right now he rushes things a bit will get better in time.)

Tylers passing issue is serious. If he could pass well he would be double the player he is now which is pretty good already. It would help the team so much and would make the need for a PF via free agency obsolete.

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Right, he's too good of a shooter to be shooting as crappy as he has lately. And it's not like he's been heavily guarded either.

I don't know whether he needs to shoot himself out of it, or if he just needs to focus on other things and let his shot come.

that, and he will

gummy
02-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Danny made the right decision at the end when he spotted Rush cutting to the basket, but the pass was bad, it almost went over his head - Brandon had to leave his feet to snag it and it's a good thing he has those gumby arms! I was impressed that Rush was able to gather himself and go up strong after the placement of the pass interrupted his move to the rim. Very nice D from Collision in the end, foul or not he put a body on Stuckey and that's what you have to do at the end of games.

It shouldn't have been so close in the end, but it's refreshing to see us hold the other team off more often than not to gut out these wins. Thank-you Coach Vogel.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Can Blake Griffin work on everything else besides dunking, then I will maybe fall in love with his game? ;)

BTW I should of wore my Eric Gordon jersey 2 nite 2 accept my award. lol :dance:

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Danny made the right decision at the end when he spotted Rush cutting to the basket, but the pass was bad, it almost went over his head - Brandon had to leave his feet to snag it and it's a good thing he has those gumby arms! I was impressed that Rush was able to gather himself and go up strong after the placement of the pass interrupted his move to the rim. Very nice D from Collision in the end, foul or not he put a body on Stuckey and that's what you have to do at the end of games.

It shouldn't have been so close in the end, but it's refreshing to see us hold the other team off more often than not to gut out these wins. Thank-you Coach Vogel.

Ya but I am still conviced that the Danny ISO has to go. He isnt an iso player we need to run a set in that scenerio.

Day-V
02-24-2011, 12:31 AM
I feel like Danny got lucky on that last play. It looked like he was trying to force it into Darren, but Brandon snuck in there and snatched it. At least that's what it looked like on the replay at Conseco.

gummy
02-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Ya but I am still conviced that the Danny ISO has to go. He isnt an iso player we need to run a set in that scenerio.

Do we know that starting with a Danny iso drawing the defense and kicking it to Rush rolling to the basket wasn't an intentional play?

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Do we know that starting with a Danny iso drawing the defense and kicking it to Rush rolling to the basket wasn't an intentional play?

No it was clearly a broken play all 4 guys were on the other side of the floor pretty well cover Rushs man feel asleep when he cut his man was watching the ball.We were letting Danny ISO but he couldnt get by his man and picked up his dribble. luckly Brandon made a great catch and we won.

But that Danny ISO has to go. Just run him off some screens if he is gonna get the last shot or let DC2 run the PnR with Danny as the screener.

kester99
02-24-2011, 12:47 AM

I watched it a few times and was pretty sure it was a designed play. Rush curled from low paint to top left of the elbow as the action moved toward the right side of the paint, then cut quickly toward the hoop to receive the pass as defenders converged around Danny.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he was told in the huddle "and when you get there, jam the dang ball two-handed!"

Kemo
02-24-2011, 12:56 AM
nah, in brandon's locker room interview, he said it wasnt planned.. he was actually going up for an offensive rebound , and danny looked at him and he went with it from there..

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:57 AM
I watched it a few times and was pretty sure it was a designed play. Rush curled from low paint to top left of the elbow as the action moved toward the right side of the paint, then cut quickly toward the hoop to receive the pass as defenders converged around Danny.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he was told in the huddle "and when you get there, jam the dang ball two-handed!"

When I watch it I feel like Rush is just cutting because they play breaks down. Maybe im wrong and it was designed but if it was designed the spacing was poor by the rest of our players.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:00 AM
nah, in brandon's locker room interview, he said it wasnt planned.. he was actually going up for an offensive rebound , and danny looked at him and he went with it from there..

Did he say what the play was? Was it really just another Danny ISO? I wish the staff could draw up a decent play from time to time not just yell "ISO for Danny". Danny isnt an ISO player that you can just put the ball in his hands and say "win us the game".

imawhat
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Everyone saw that coming, right? The Brandon Rush dunk in traffic to close the game?

Glad we won a close game. It looked like we ran out of energy in the 3rd quarter, kind of like the Miami game last week.

We really, really have to improve our defense. We can't score 100 every night to win.

Tyler was a force tonight. So was Monroe..man he'd be a great player to have.

That was one of the most lopsided games I've seen this season in terms of officiating. I can't believe we wound up shooting more free throws.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:22 AM
I just rewatched the ending and Ya no one was setting a pick for Rush he just cut. However on that last play Hibbert had better spacing than I though and had good postion he was the guy Granger could have passed to. But again luckly we got lucky tonight and Rush bailed Granger out.

PaceBalls
02-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Maybe that was the play, Danny ISO and then everyone cut in one after another? :shrug: sounds unlikely...

Yeah, it looked broken to me too, big ups to Brandon for making it work.

CableKC
02-24-2011, 02:10 AM
A few thoughts after watching the game....

1 ) I LOVE Hansbrough's hustle. I love it next to Foster....I really hope that we find a replacement for Foster in the offseason that could offer the same energy/hustle.
2 ) We always have problems with Tall guards... Stuckey always burns us. I don't mind as much when PG started guarding him..but that leaves us at a disadvantage with DC on Ben Gordon. I'm not sure if DC can do anything but it's going to be a problem for us.
3 ) Greg Monroe gets a career night against us....hopefully we'll figure out how to improve our Low-Post defense in the offseason.

I don't like the way we pulled out the win...but a win is a win.

AesopRockOn
02-24-2011, 02:56 AM
3 ) Greg Monroe gets a career night against us....hopefully we'll figure out how to improve our Low-Post defense in the offseason.

It wasn't the low-post D. It was a combination of poor recovery/switching on the pick and roll, mostly between Monroe and T-Mac (I had to see it to believe; he still works.) and also very slow help side defense from the centers, Jeff and Roy. The Pistons were also very aggressive on the offensive boards in the first half. Their team is a lot better than last season; credit to Mac, Monroe, and Kuester.

This was a great win, the kind of win we need going forward. Definitely one of my five most exciting/interesting games of the year.

Oh, and DC didn't foul. Went straight up, no moving, established position. Stuckey didn't even think of looking for the foul call, only pointed towards Detroit's end in case a ref hadn't seen it go off his hand.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 03:04 AM
It wasn't the low-post D. It was a combination of poor recovery/switching on the pick and roll, mostly between Monroe and T-Mac (I had to see it to believe; he still works.) and also very slow help side defense from the centers, Jeff and Roy. The Pistons were also very aggressive on the offensive boards in the first half. Their team is a lot better than last season; credit to Mac, Monroe, and Kuester.

This was a great win, the kind of win we need going forward. Definitely one of my five most exciting/interesting games of the year.

Oh, and DC didn't foul. Went straight up, no moving, established position. Stuckey didn't even think of looking for the foul call, only pointed towards Detroit's end in case a ref hadn't seen it go off his hand.

:wtf2:

McKeyFan
02-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Danny was interviewed by the Detroit TV folks and said Brandon's cut to the hoop was unplanned.

Jared Sullinger
02-24-2011, 07:50 AM
I was all for making a move for Paul Millsap yesterday afternoon, even if it meant moving Hansbrough. After watching last night's game, I may have had a change of heart. I'd hate to lose the things Tyler brings to the game. His energy level and hustle is off the charts─probably even more so than Foster's.

MTM
02-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Jeff Foster smiling after the Psycho T play... the bench up and yelling... fans standing during the last defensive stop. Finally. The Pacers basketball I grew up with.

Unclebuck
02-24-2011, 08:39 AM

Rush said he was going to the basket for a rebound.

The set play was to get the ball to Danny - the passing the pass to Rush was a broken play

How the play developed proves why coaches always want their players to reverse the ball - creates a different angle to the hoop.

Overall I see two huge differences with this team.
When teams make a run at us two things are different now.
1) Pacers have the confidence now to fight off the run
2) plus they get the ball inside to help stop an opponents run - instead of jacking up threes.

Rogco
02-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Didn't get to watch the game last night, but watched that last play numerous times this morning. IMO it was just a toss up ball from Granger that luckily went to Rush, who made a good play. I think it was a really bad pass to DC.

Oh, and Tyler is the type of PF we need to trade for, and since we already have him, there's no reason to trade for a PF. If anything we need to upgrade at SG.

And for the last time, death to the Granger isolation. Put the ball in DCs hands, run a play to get Granger off a screen, whatever. But that iso reminds me of watching horror movies when the music kicks in, you just know something scary is about to happen.

pacergod2
02-24-2011, 09:53 AM
2) plus they get the ball inside to help stop an opponents run - instead of jacking up threes.

Did Danny get that memo? He jacked up a couple of bad threes when Detroit was making a come back. His decision making has not gotten better. When our team was so bad, yeah we wanted him taking those shots. Our team is much better now and those early threes in the shot clock are NOT good shots. I don't care what Jim O'Brien put in your head.

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Great night from Hansbrough. I still don't find his game attractive to watch, but my God...that guy is a worker.

PacerHound
02-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Who did you think he ought to have passed to last night and when? What pass did he miss?

If passing is a problem it is at the point guard position (I don't think passing is a problem) where we are far from having a Nash or Rondo. Get a guy like either of them and they will remake any team.

But, look, honestly every player has things he is capable of doing and things he will always struggle with. It is like trying to make Bill Russell or Hibbert a dribbler. Only a very few (Jordan, Bird, etc.) ever have the entire package. McRoberts has a knack like a point guard for making passes. Tyler does not. Want to send him to the D league for not being a McRoberts?

Eddie Gill
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Hansbrough is really growing on me. And I LOVE the combo of Jeff/Tyler out there.

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Who did you think he ought to have passed to last night and when? What pass did he miss?

If passing is a problem it is at the point guard position (I don't think passing is a problem) where we are far from having a Nash or Rondo. Get a guy like either of them and they will remake any team.

But, look, honestly every player has things he is capable of doing and things he will always struggle with. It is like trying to make Bill Russell or Hibbert a dribbler. Only a very few (Jordan, Bird, etc.) ever have the entire package. McRoberts has a knack like a point guard for making passes. Tyler does not. Want to send him to the D league for not being a McRoberts?

I think that's way over the top considering what P4E said and you are responding to. Of course, nobody wants to send Tyler to the D-League.

But he isn't a good passer. That is a fact. Josh is a great passer. Likewise, Josh isn't aggressive enough trying to get his own offensively. In the first quarter, he caught the ball in the left corner and went right around his man for an easy lay-up. He never tried to do it again the whole night. He has the ability, he just lacks the desire to score. Tyler is as aggressive trying to score as anyone I've ever seen in this league.

Keeping them together long-term should allow both of them to pick up some of the skills and techniques of the other, just by watching each other on a daily basis.

I love the way they complement each other.

xIndyFan
02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
. . . Want to send him to the D league for not being a McRoberts?

there are plenty of posters that are such big fans of a particular player, in this case josh, thay they do want to get rid of all the guys [ie jeff and tyler] that 'threaten' their favorite player's minutes. this is equally true about tyler fans dissing on josh. not something to get upset about.

don't think p4e is guilty of this about josh. maybe eric gordon or blake griffin, yes. but not josh. ;)

McKeyFan
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Can someone post a clip of the "Psycho T five offensive rebound episode" ?

I imagine it will be used quite a bit over time.

BillS
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM

From my location under the basket this game, I would call it the "Psycho T five offensive rebounds after being fouled 3 times" episode :D

owl
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I would not mind trying to bring McGrady in as veteran to replace Dunleavy. He still has some game.

xIndyFan
02-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I would not mind trying to bring McGrady in as veteran to replace Dunleavy. He still has some game.

it was nice to see tmac again. i'm always surprised how tall he is in person. and how big he looked next to PG. paul has some weight room work to do i think. :laugh:

Jared Sullinger
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PDLUy0FZ3NY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gummy
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Nah, we don't need more wings unless it is a clear upgrade over the gaggle of 'em we have right now.

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the video - very fun to watch Tyler and Jeff go to work. And that was a great rebound and very nicely angled pass back into Hans by Rush.

CT Pacer
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
The more i see that pass from Granger to Rush I think how the hell did he make that pass?? So many things could have went wrong but he made a hell of a play. I watch the replay and I don't even see passing it to Rush being an option and I know it's coming!

Hicks
02-24-2011, 01:11 PM
It's too bad there's no good play-by-play to go with it since we, the FSN audience, needed to hear an in-game interview with a tennis player. :rolleyes:

I really don't like when they bring in guests like that.

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
It's too bad there's no good play-by-play to go with it since we, the FSN audience, needed to hear an in-game interview with a tennis player. :rolleyes:

I really don't like when they bring in guests like that.

The interviews are always awkward. I was mad as hell that they weren't talking about the amazing thing happening on the court. :mad:

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
The more i see that pass from Granger to Rush I think how the hell did he make that pass?? So many things could have went wrong but he made a hell of a play. I watch the replay and I don't even see passing it to Rush being an option and I know it's coming!

It wasn't a great pass - there seems to be some confusion about whether Danny was trying to get it to DC and changed his mind when Brandon swooped in or what...

I'm just glad it didn't sail over Brandon's head and he was able to gather himself and take it up strong. Nice to have good luck every once in awhile!

BillS
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe that's how we get people to go to the game? It's a conspiracy!

Seriously, you mean they were interviewing Connors in the last minute of the game? Some producer needs to be fired over that decision.

Or did you mean the interview was during Tyler's 5 putback?

gummy
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM

Seriously, you mean they were interviewing Connors in the last minute of the game? Some producer needs to be fired over that decision.

No, it wasn't that bad. It was during the Tyler/Jeff/Brandon rebound fest in the video clip a few posts up - 2nd quarter. I think they always do their awkward interviews during the 2nd or 3rd quarters.

Hicks
02-24-2011, 01:26 PM

Or did you mean the interview was during Tyler's 5 putback?

Didn't you thank the Tyler Hansbrough clip I'm speaking about? Did you not watch it? That's when they were interviewing this guy.

BillS
02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Didn't you thank the Tyler Hansbrough clip I'm speaking about? Did you not watch it? That's when they were interviewing this guy.

I had sound muted, and your reply came after the discussions on the DG/BRush pass.

Unclebuck
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe doing the interview wasn't the best thing at the time.

Wow though - Jimmy Connors has been relegated to just "a tennis player" and "this guy"

I thought he had some nice things to say about basketball. He was a guest of the owner

Peck
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Wow though - Jimmy Connors has been relegated to just "a tennis player" and "this guy"

I thought he had some nice things to say about basketball. He was a guest of the owner

And that should put an end to the discussion of why Jimmy Conners (one of the all-time great tennis players) was interviewed on a Pacers broadcast.

I'm certain Herb did not even have anything to do with it as once the tv crew found out who he was they probably asked for the interview.

BTW, they also introduced him at the fieldhouse as well. Obviously the audience is skewing younger because he was greeted with a round of indifferance.

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 01:44 PM
BTW, they also introduced him at the fieldhouse as well. Obviously the audience is skewing younger because he was greeted with a round of indifferance.

Maybe I'm just not into tennis as much as most, but they could introduce Federer and Nadal at a Pacers game, and I'd be pretty indifferent.

BillS
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
And that should put an end to the discussion of why Jimmy Conners (one of the all-time great tennis players) was interviewed on a Pacers broadcast.

I'm certain Herb did not even have anything to do with it as once the tv crew found out who he was they probably asked for the interview.

If I could have figured out where he was sitting I'd have probably made a fool of myself.

OK, more of a fool of myself.

Was he sitting by Herb? Hard to see over there from <i>courtside basket/bench corner seats</i> :whistle:

focused444
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry too busy to read entire thread right now, but did anyone mention Lance defending Stuckey a few seasons from now. I know Lance's defense is what held him out of games so far. Assuming he comes along, and becomes a decent defender. I think he has the size to defend Stuckey.

Since86
02-24-2011, 01:55 PM

That was the first time I'v ever heard his name. And what is this tennice you speak of?

Since86
02-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Hard to see over there from courtside basket/bench corner seats :whistle:

Hey Bill, where did you sit last night? I don't think you've told us yet. ;)

At the start of the game, I noticed you sitting down there, and I got a good chuckle. I planned on busting your chops at that moment, but you're making it way to easy.

BillS
02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
At the start of the game, I noticed you sitting down there, and I got a good chuckle. I planned on busting your chops at that moment, but you're making it way to easy.

I don't usually like courtside seats, because I get overwhelmed trying to watch the entire floor like I want to do, but man those were great seats. I could live on a half season of those and a half season of my normal club seats.

Watching the bench was half the fun. It was really weird that, when Josh was on the bench, he tended to spend his time kind of staring off into space while everyone else was watching the action. Looked like he was on cold medicine and just zoning out when there was nothing to concentrate on.

I think if I'd needed to watch a player or look for certain plays - like I usually do - I'd have been really frustrated in those seats. Last night, though, there wasn't going to be anything I had to try to point out, so I was just able to enjoy the experience.

That being said, I still maintain that when Roy gets the ball in the low post neither he nor anyone else on the team moves during those first few seconds, even if every one of them is at his back on the weak side - which tells me he isn't waiting for a "pass first" option because there simply isn't one.

Oh, and refs' butts are really ugly.

owl
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Nah, we don't need more wings unless it is a clear upgrade over the gaggle of 'em we have right now.

I would take McGrady over Dunleavy and Rush. He can still score and defend well.
Veteran and been through the playoff battles.

Young
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Watching the highlight of Tyler reminded me of something...I really wish Jeff was 8 years younger. I'd love to have a Jeff Foster in his prime off the bench along with Tyler.

PacerHound
02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
I think that's way over the top considering what P4E said and you are responding to. Of course, nobody wants to send Tyler to the D-League.

Well, now that you bring it up I agree with you. If I was writing this again I would omit my last sentence in my response to pacer4ever. I did not mean to be jumping all over him and I realize since you brought it up it could be taken that way - my sentence about the D-League. My apology. Of course I know no one wants to send him to the D-League.

However, I think Pacer4Ever thinks the problem with Tyler's passing is greater than it is. I quote him from the same thread in another post, "Tylers passing issue is serious." I don't see that.

However, last thing in the world I want to do is make it appear I am jumping down someone's throat for expressing their own heartfelt opinion plus I did not realize pacer4ever was only 18. Pacer4Ever if you are reading this great to have you here and I hope you will excuse my senility at 64 and I hope you enjoy Pacers Digest as much as I do. (P.S. If we all agreed it would not be any fun to read this thing so disagree all you want.)

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Well, now that you bring it up I agree with you. If I was writing this again I would omit my last sentence in my response to pacer4ever. I did not mean to be jumping all over him and I realize since you brought it up it could be taken that way - my sentence about the D-League. My apology. Of course I know no one wants to send him to the D-League.

However, I think Pacer4Ever thinks the problem with Tyler's passing is greater than it is. I quote him from the same thread in another post, "Tylers passing issue is serious." I don't see that.

However, last thing in the world I want to do is make it appear I am jumping down someone's throat for expressing their own heartfelt opinion plus I did not realize pacer4ever was only 18. Pacer4Ever if you are reading this great to have you here and I hope you will excuse my senility at 64 and I hope you enjoy Pacers Digest as much as I do. (P.S. If we all agreed it would not be any fun to read this thing so disagree all you want.)

Let me put it this way if Tyler could pass like Josh he would be playing 35 mpg. He just misses a lot of passes that would result in easy shots for his teammates. He doesnt have good feel when to pass and when to shoot. I hate to say it but he is a black hole on offense. With that out of the way he is proably the best PF on our roster. But when he is in the ball doesnt move as well as when Josh is in.

I just responded to a guys post who said "im falling in love with tylers game"

I said "me 2 if he was a more willing passer" I just feel he has tunnel vision if he gets that fixed he could be a force at the PF for awhile.

McKeyFan
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I watched it on the Pistons broadcast. No interview obviously. Anyone out there that can post that version?