PDA

View Full Version : Hawks trade Mike Bibby to Wizards for Hinrich

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
David Aldridge just reported this on NBATV.

More players involved.

MyFavMartin
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6152388

Source: Hawks, Wiz near 5-player swap

The Atlanta Hawks are making progress toward their first move of note in the Eastern Conference arms race.

The Hawks are negotiating the final points of a deal with Washington that would bring veteran guard Kirk Hinrich to Atlanta for the stretch run, sources close to the situation told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Sources told ESPN.com that the latest version of the deal would send veteran guard Mike Bibby, rookie guard Jordan Crawford, swingman Maurice Evans and a 2011 first-round pick to the Wizards for Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong.

Hinrich was brought to Washington to mentor prized rookie John Wall, but the former Bull has been coveted by the Lakers and other playoff teams since it became apparent that the Wizards would fall out of playoff contention early.

The Hawks have done very little to change their roster in a conference where Boston, Chicago, Miami and New York have made major upgrades since last season. Hinrich will bring some needed depth and versatility to Atlanta's backcourt as the Hawks try to make a run at a top-four seed in the East -- or at least ensure that they don't slip lower than No. 5 after New York's acquisition of Carmelo Anthony.

cdash
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Hinrich is worth all that?

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the link and update

pwee31
02-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Hawks give up quite a bit to get rid of Bibby.

1st round pick, and 1st round pick from 2010 draft in Jordan Crawford for Hinrich

judicata
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I thought it was going to be Felton. Maybe Felton ends up in Utah.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't think Hinrich is a significant enough upgrade to really improve their team.

cdash
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought it was going to be Felton. Maybe Felton ends up in Utah.

Why? They have Devin Harris.

Young
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I really like Mike Bibby. I enjoyed watching him in the playoffs especially when he played for the Kings. Too bad he is on the downside of his career.

Kirk Hinrich is solid but nothing great. He is a role player and only a couple years younger. I really am not sold that this makes the Hawks a better team but time will tell.

judicata
02-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Why? They have Devin Harris.

Good point. Trade deadline week is fun this year. I wish it would be a little funner still.....

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
This just proves that anything is possible. Posey for Wallace?haha ( that's a joke)

shags
02-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Hinrich is an upgrade over Bibby, especially defensively. He gives them a lot more versatility.

Fantasy players, I'd keep an eye on Jordan Crawford. He'll get a chance to play with Washington, and he can really score.

Also, teams are more willing to give up 2011 draft picks because they know the draft will be weakend because of the lockout. The Hawks pick will probably be in the early 20s, so it's not a big deal.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow that's a lot for Kirk Hinrich.

BornReady
02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
didn't we almost trade Ford for Hinrich at some point?

dal9
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
wasnt crawford a 2nd rd pick?

CooperManning
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Hinrich has provided a ridiculous amount of value for the Wizards. The Bulls gave them their first last year to take him and now they're getting another first and Jordan Crawford for him. I hope these are the kinds of moves we pull with our cap room.

CooperManning
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM

That's where he was projected, but he went 27th.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Oh Jordan Crawford.

I glanced at it and I saw J Crawford and I thought it was Jamal.

This deal isn't as bad then, but I still think giving up a 1st round pick for Kirk Hinrich and your former starting PG is a lot.

BillS
02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
:jawdrop:

I thought Bibby was one of the 3 things the Hawks needed for the next level.

When is Hinrich supposed to be able to play again?

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Personally, I think Hinrich is overrated, especially on the defensive end.

I like this move for the Wizards. You get a cheaper backup in Bibby, a prospect and a pick out of Hinrich.

I don't understand why the Hawks made this move. Hinrich won't make a significant difference, and surely not one enough to "ensure that they don't slip lower than No. 5 after New York's acquisition of Carmelo Anthony."

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
If Hinrich is healthy I think he is much better than Bibby. Always thought Kirk was really good, especially on defense. His problem is staying healthy, and he isn't as good of shooter as most think,

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Good deal by Atlanta, Bibby is old and can't do anything anymore, in reality the Hawks don't need a true point guard but a hybrid and Hinrich is that.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Good deal by Atlanta, Bibby is old and can't do anything anymore, in reality the Hawks don't need a true point guard but a hybrid and Hinrich is that.

They gave up 2 much. The Wizards got 2 1st rd picks (one from Chicago last year) and Jordan Crawford for Hinrich. Pretty good value for the Wizards.

dohman
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
They gave up 2 much. The Wizards got 2 1st rd picks (one from Chicago last year) and Jordan Crawford for Hinrich. Pretty good value for the Wizards.

The hawks are in a win now mode. Draft picks are of little value to a team that is picking that high. They were able to replace their weakest link by giving up players that would be down in the rotation.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:41 AM
The hawks are in a win now mode. Draft picks are of little value to a team that is picking that high. They were able to replace their weakest link by giving up players that would be down in the rotation.

How big of upgrade is Hinrich really?? is he gonna get them over the hump? I just love the trade for the Wizards. They get great value for Kirk who wasnt really in thier future plans cause of John Wall. Yes the wizards get an upgrade which is nice but to me he Wizards made a smart trade

does anyone think Bibby will get bought out?? I hope not he would problly take his talents to South Beach.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-24-2011, 12:59 AM

Isn't Jamaal Crawford that hybrid, though?

CooperManning
02-24-2011, 01:08 AM
does anyone think Bibby will get bought out?? I hope not he would problly take his talents to South Beach.

No, he's got another year left on his deal. Good backup PG and could be an asset at the next deadline.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:09 AM
No, he's got another year left on his deal. Good backup PG and could be an asset at the next deadline.

O i thought he was an expiring damm that changes my whole view on the trade now.