PDA

View Full Version : More news: If Ford isn't traded he will be offered a buy out

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
The Pacers have told Ford they will offer him a buyout if he's not traded by the deadline, which likely won't happen, according to a source
37 seconds ago

This is good. He can go to another team and get his chance while we are forced to keep Lance active for the rest of the season.

ksuttonjr76
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Freeing up a roster spot for.....

Trophy
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
He can join a decent team and add some PG depth.

Good for both TJ and us.

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Knicks get melo, Nets get D-Will, Blazers will probably get Wallace
and THIS is our move :( buying out ford :(

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM

Fun fact: The Nets still suck.

Fun fact: Trade deadline is another day away when most of the trades occur.

pwee31
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Nets traded Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and 2 1st round picks.

Knicks traded Raymond Felton, Danillo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov and a 1st round pick.

Who are the Pacers going to trade?

Have to give up something to get something. If Pacers don't want Rush, Ford, Dunleavy, Posey, neither will another team

NapTonius Monk
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
We don't have to make a move just because other teams are. We're in a position to grow with the young players. If a good deal comes, then take it. But there have been some reactions today that suggest Larry can/should just pick up the phone and get a deal done. I'm sure he wishes he'd known it would've been that simple. There's no guarantee that our offers, while possibly similar in nature to these other deals, would get another team to bite. We don't know how long these things have been in the works, what other things were promised, etc. No doubt, Larry is more eager to improve the team than any of us. And I have no doubt that if a deal presents itself to do that, then he will absolutely pull the trigger. But I have little desire to get antsy, and make a move that I'll hate following in the newspaper, when the player we gave away blossoms because we gave up on him too fast.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
ford and Rush and first for wallace?

Ford , Inferno for Nazr M. , 2011 bobcats first?

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... While other teams are improving

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Channeling your inner Vnzla there? :-p

(Just kidding vnzla)

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
This was reported about a week ago

cdash
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm all for not holding TJ hostage, but we need to make a little handshake agreement with him saying he won't go to Miami. I don't want this coming back to bite us in the playoffs.

NapTonius Monk
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
If he wouldn't take a buyout the first time, why would he take one now?

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:20 AM
This was reported about a week ago

he said today "Pacers will buy out Ford if he wasnt traded" today on JMV

PaceBalls
02-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Memo to TPTB.

Don't leak out info that you will buy out someone you are trying to trade a day before the deadline (or a week ago, according to UB).

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Memo to TPTB.

Don't leak out info that you will buy out someone you are trying to trade a day before the deadline (or a week ago, according to UB).

True. I bet the Pacers will pay Wells back some how maybe not feed him info some time?

Hibbert
02-24-2011, 02:16 AM
waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... While other teams are improving

What the hell do you expect to happen? We have a very good chance at making the playoffs for the first time in 5 years and have one of the youngest teams in the NBA with lots of potential and talent. Isnt that good enough? What do you expect?

Kraft
02-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Dumb. Pacers' first-round opponent here he comes.

I mean, it's possible. Why risk it for a small chunk of cash?

CooperManning
02-24-2011, 03:17 AM
I'm not worried about TJ coming back to bite us in the playoffs because I've seen him play.

AesopRockOn
02-24-2011, 03:40 AM
I know it's been said before, but TJ, other than tweeting about taking dumps, has been an upstanding citizen for this team and I wish him the best (unless he's playing against us, that is).

Jared Sullinger
02-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Anyone wanna see Ford and Murphy reunited in Miami? Imagine if that happens and we met them in the 1st round... it'd be a nice little subplot to the underdog Pacers vs. Miami's big three.

Jared Sullinger
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
John Canzano (JohnCanzanoBFT) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/JohnCanzanoBFT)

Blazers exploring a buy out of PG TJ Ford, a source tells me. Pacers would love to trade him.

TJ Ford's expiring contract is worth $8.5 million. He's previously declined buyout from Pacers. Keep an eye on this as deadline approaches.

TJ Ford would give the Blazers a legit back-up PG.

TJ Ford to Blazers has real legs. Portland would pay PG the minimum and Indy takes the balance of Ford's $8.5 million contract.

dohman
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyone wanna see Ford and Murphy reunited in Miami? Imagine if that happens and we met them in the 1st round... it'd be a nice little subplot to the underdog Pacers vs. Miami's big three.

It would be nice to see miami not make the playoffs :)

Heisenberg
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
So this Canzano fella's saying they only have interest after he's bought out right?

BillS
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
So, from the feel of what I'm reading now, it should be clear that this buy out is NOT being done so much to improve the Pacers in any way as it is being done as a favor to TJ so he can go play somewhere else.

Nice thing to do as it doesn't hurt us.

Speed
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM

Does this mean in a trade or in a buy out and they pick him up?

Ozwalt72
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Anyone on portland that they might give up for our trade exception? Say we buy Ford out and take a flyer on one of their guys...

RWB
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Ken Berger with CBS and Jason Quick with Portland's local newspaper also reporting major interest in TJ Ford, but because of the possible buyout.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
InboxSent
Retweets by othersRetweets by youYour tweets, retweeted

WojYahooNBA As @JohnCanzanoBFT reports, Blazers have interest in T.J. Ford once Indy does buyout. Thin market for Ford now. Blazers seem most intrigued.