PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson's legal case has been dismissed (And he's active)

O'Braindead
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Lance Stephenson's legal case has been dismissed. Oh yeah, he's also active tonight.
46 seconds ago

Woah.

Kemo
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
awesome news!!!

dohman
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
FREE LANCE....

I cannot wait for tonight now.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Sweet.

Now we can all put this behind and he can get his mind back to playing basketball again.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesomeness. Best awesomeness ever.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
How many minutes does he get tonight?

oxxo
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM

10ish I'd guess.

Sookie
I hope that nothing happened.

At least this way, the Pacers can feel okay with him playing. Maybe he can get his feet wet tonight. Hopefully we blow out Detroit :P

k_lewis93
God I hope we destroy this team so he will get a lot of playing time. Can't wait to watch him now!

PacerGuy
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Let the Expectations Begin!!!!

Best news L.Bird could have received today!

PS. Dun out w/ broken thumb?
(or is this a cover for a trade?)

ZepZach
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Trophy
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Looks to me that our wing rotation is gonna be

SG Rush/George(Jones)/Stephenson
SF Granger/Jones(George)

Hope for a blowout win tonight.

It's gonna be weird to see a new face playing for us.

HickeyS2000
Anyone know if you can watch the game on LP broadband after it is over? Not gonna be able to watch until later and am super pumped!!! Please advise!

BringJackBack
I want to beat the snot out of Detroit really, really bad.

SMosley21
Let the Expectations Begin!!!!

Best news L.Bird could have received today!

PS. Dun out w/ broken thumb?
(or is this a cover for a trade?)

Teams don't announce fake injuries in order to trade a player, they just bench them for the night until the deal is done.

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I wanna give it to justintyme for calling this one ;)

And here is a dancing banana for Lance :dance::dance:

SMosley21
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Anyone know if you can watch the game on LP broadband after it is over? Not gonna be able to watch until later and am super pumped!!! Please advise!

If you have Fox Sports Indiana, they replay the game immediately after the post game.

PacerPenguins
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Teams don't announce fake injuries in order to trade a player, they just bench them for the night until the deal is done.

u never know...

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Finally we.. and most importantly, Lance can move on and focus on basketball. I hope he becomes the Pacers X-Factor.

I wonder if Larry told him he can't play until the case is dismissed?

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
No penguin.. He does know. It's common sense. I guess that with Rush starting that means he won't be moved either.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
If you have Fox Sports Indiana, they replay the game immediately after the post game.

I do. Unfortunately my home is in Indy and I work in Houston. It's LP broadband only for me.

hoops_guy
02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/pawntificator/borat_great_success.jpg

SMosley21
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I do. Unfortunately my home is in Indy and I work in Houston. It's LP broadband only for me.

That stinks. I do think that you can watch the game after it's played, as long as you watch it before the next days games. I think

xBulletproof
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
awesome news!!!

Only if he's innocent, really. I feel I know you well enough on here to think you'd agree with that. You're just excited. I know.

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
That stinks. I do think that you can watch the game after it's played, as long as you watch it before the next days games. I think

You can watch LP broadband replays of the whole season. That is why it is so freakin awesome.

Scot Pollard
02-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Just checked this and now we will buy tickets tonight.

Didn't plan on it but now I guess we will.

But here's too still sitting in a sea of green (not for much longer though) :buddies:

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Talk about a busy day. Millsap, Jefferson, and Wallace all open up for Pacers, Mike gets hurt, Rush starts again, and Lance's case is dismissed and he is active.

gummy
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, 5 separate threads about this. This is the one folks, don't make anymore! ;)

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
You can watch LP broadband replays of the whole season. That is why it is so freakin awesome.

Can you point me in the right direction? I looked last night for this but could not find out how. Thanks a bunch!!!

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I think I'm dreaming, Dun out, Rush starting and Lance in?

:ohyeah:

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Can you point me in the right direction? I looked last night for this but could not find out how. Thanks a bunch!!!

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/schedule/index.html?cid=nba291

Psyren
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
*Sigh*

Too bad Bradon's starting.

Oh well.

No Mike = :D
Lance active = :D
PG continuing to be awesome = :D

Rush starting = ugh.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Only if he's innocent, really. I feel I know you well enough on here to think you'd agree with that. You're just excited. I know.

considering the game is dismissed there is no reason to think he isn't innocent. Any thinking otherwise is really looking for a knock on Lance.

I really hope we get to see him tonight. We need to destroy Detroit tonight and we should, we should have last week. I want to see him on the court. I love his potential. He has a ton of talent and can be a very good player for us. With that said he is also very raw, more raw than PG. I am interested to see how much he has improved since preseason.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/schedule/index.html?cid=nba291

Wow that is awesome! I'm definitely going to watch that amazing quarter against Denver that I never got to see.

pacers74
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
This is just crazy. This is almost as good as a trade. Now he can move on, and we don't have to worry about him being sent packing if he was found guilty.
Only Lance and his girlfriend will really know what happened, but it is dropped, so I will put it out of my mind and hope he shows the potential that he did in summer league. Remember not all NBA players are perfect Jason Kidd had a domestic violance charge against him earlier in his career and he recovered from it.

Karlton
02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
considering the game is dismissed there is no reason to think he isn't innocent. Any thinking otherwise is really looking for a knock on Lance.

...or taking a realistic view that there could be a variety of reasons why a case is dismissed. The resolution is that Lance is legally innocent.

The question is whether or not that is sufficient for each person to be comfortable.

DEEman
Rush starting = ugh.
Why is that ugh? Im realy curious what Rush can do in Vogel's system, with Vogel's believe in his players..

I guess this is the perfect way to test Rush. When Rush cant deliver, we can easily write him off next season without having doubts or regrets afterwards.. When we deal Rush now, of bench him now and trade him next season, we will always have that: 'what if ' in our minds..

PaceBalls
Wow that is awesome! I'm definitely going to watch that amazing quarter against Denver that I never got to see.

There is only one thing I don't like about LP, they don't show the Pacer games if you live in the local viewing area. Even though I pay for cable TV, I can't go back and watch the Pacer games. I can see everything else though, except for the other televised games, like the ones on NBAtv or TNT.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
...or taking a realistic view that there could be a variety of reasons why a case is dismissed. The resolution is that Lance is legally innocent.

The question is whether or not that is sufficient for each person to be comfortable.

Have we heard any evidence to suggest that Lance should have been found guilty or actually is? Soon after the incident happened a lot of question arose on what actually even happened.

Lance's case has been dismissed, we aren't even sure what happened that night, he has been seen with the alleged victim multiple times since the incident (usually don't hang out with a guy that pushes you down the stairs...) and so on. With all of this I feel Lance is innocent and saying or feeling otherwise is really just you wanting to feel that way.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
There is only one thing I don't like about LP, they don't show the Pacer games if you live in the local viewing area. Even though I pay for cable TV, I can't go back and watch the Pacer games. I can see everything else though, except for the other televised games, like the ones on NBAtv or TNT.

Yes I notice the Rockets games here are blacked out. The solution... VPN into a different location and watch the games!

Kemo
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Being New York , If there were ANY reason whatsoever for the authorities to pursue a case they would , and NOT let it be dismissed.. ESPECIALLY being against a celebrity/nba player..

By them dismissing the case, that is proof enough for me that he is innocent of all charges by law .. If there was ANY evidence to the contrary, with or without the "victim's" testimony they would pursue...

Lance is innocent of charges , per them dismissing the case entirely..

Anything else is just conjecture..

Sparhawk
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I live in Atlanta and I want to watch this game so badly now.:(

DEEman
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I live in Atlanta and I want to watch this game so badly now.:(

Check your pm

Kemo
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I wanna see Lance vs Stuckey tonight

Swish
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Damn. That commute must be a *****.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
mg_indy Michael Grady
I'm looking at the grin on Lance's face. I bet $100 if he gets in the game his 1st shot will either be a foot short...or over the backboard.
1 minute ago

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 07:43 PM

The question is whether or not that is sufficient for each person to be comfortable.Innocent until proven guilty, huh?

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Or in that guy's case.. Guilty until proven innocent.

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Or in that guy's case.. Guilty until proven innocent.
Inalienable rights...yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah :geezer::blahblah:

judicata
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Inalienable rights...yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah :geezer::blahblah:

That's stuff the government has to abide by. Nothing wrong with thinking that the DA's office screwed up, because it happens often. I don't think that is the case here, but I wouldn't feel bad about it if I did.

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 08:18 PM
That's stuff the government has to abide by. Nothing wrong with thinking that the DA's office screwed up, because it happens often. I don't think that is the case here, but I wouldn't feel bad about it if I did.
Who knows. I'm just glad it's over.

McKeyFan
02-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Doesn't the case getting dismissed mean he's innocent?

:whoknows:

Swish
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM

No. It doesn't even mean he won't face a trial sometime in the future.

All it really means is that he's in the clear for now.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Lance didn't play.. I was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really looking forward to seeing him play.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Lance didn't play.. I was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really looking forward to seeing him play.

I think he would have if we didn't almost blow the game

Swish
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA/status/40587610778771456

For those that keep asking about Lance Stephenson, the Pacers are winning. Vogel isn't changing things up just so he can play.

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Yes at leat in my view

BlueNGold
02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Yes at leat in my view

...and everyone convicted was actually guilty...;)

The reality is, the legal system makes lots of mistakes...but it's the best system we have. Just as a small percentage are unjustly convicted, a much larger percentage of people are released or their cases are dismissed even though they have violated statutes. It's literally a revolving door.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Damn. That commute must be a *****.

5 hours Sunday, 5 hours Thursday. But at least I have ridiculous status with Delta. First class FTW. :dance:

xBulletproof
02-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Just because the case was dismissed, doesn't mean he didn't do it. I truthfully don't know if he did, and only he knows if it did happen, if it was on purpose and with malicious intent. I just hope whatever the truth is, that the end result coincides with that.

For those of you that have more faith in the system than I do (and I have my personal reasons), do yourself a favor and read this link. I don't want to take this way off track and make a debate that has no business here, but this truthfully made my blood boil. When you read the link, even if you read just the first of 8 pages, you'll get the jest of it. All while you're reading this, keep in mind that this man was recently found innocent, then upon release the state owed him a sum of 1.5 million dollars for wrongful incarceration. Yet because the judge missed ONE single word on his paperwork in finding him innocent, the state was able to dodge paying this man. I implore people to read just the first page, and knowing the outcome nearly 20 years later ... how badly the system has failed this man. Honestly, if I was rich beyond my means, I would help this man out. It's disgusting, but it's just one example.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2010-10-01/feature2.php

Scot Pollard
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
lance seems like a really good kid thats fit in well with this teams mindset

he has a good time with everyone

the fact that no one on this team puts themselves in bad situtations will make lance well aware that guys are going to look at him differently on this team if he ever does something stupid off the court again which i dont see happening

hes in the nba now and is clearly much more mature than he was prior to being drafted and getting to know this organization

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Just because the case was dismissed, doesn't mean he didn't do it. I truthfully don't know if he did, and only he knows if it did happen, if it was on purpose and with malicious intent. I just hope whatever the truth is, that the end result coincides with that.

For those of you that have more faith in the system than I do (and I have my personal reasons), do yourself a favor and read this link. I don't want to take this way off track and make a debate that has no business here, but this truthfully made my blood boil. When you read the link, even if you read just the first of 8 pages, you'll get the jest of it. All while you're reading this, keep in mind that this man was recently found innocent, then upon release the state owed him a sum of 1.5 million dollars for wrongful incarceration. Yet because the judge missed ONE single word on his paperwork in finding him innocent, the state was able to dodge paying this man. I implore people to read just the first page, and knowing the outcome nearly 20 years later ... how badly the system has failed this man. Honestly, if I was rich beyond my means, I would help this man out. It's disgusting, but it's just one example.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2010-10-01/feature2.php

We watched a video on the legal system in law class. It said 10% of people in prison are innocent.

McKeyFan
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
No. It doesn't even mean he won't face a trial sometime in the future.

All it really means is that he's in the clear for now.
You mean in the same way your or I could face a trail in the future?

If your case is dismissed, that particular case can't be brought up again, can it?

xBulletproof
02-23-2011, 10:50 PM
We watched a video on the legal system in law class. It said 10% of people in prison are innocent.

Hmmm, not sure how they'd know that. You'd figure if they knew those people were innocent, they'd let them go. :laugh:

My personal experience was someone who did something to me, but was set free because he had a medical issue the state didn't want to pay for treatment for. It wasn't even sugar coated or hidden. The judge blatantly said it, in court.

BlueNGold
02-23-2011, 10:51 PM
For the record, this case is history. I'm ready to move on and I hope he behaves.

While I will cut him one final yard of slack, I'm prepared for yet another punch to the gut. My main concern is that he not poison the Paul George era. Dude better be really, really good...

BlueNGold
02-23-2011, 10:53 PM

I'm a licensed attorney. I would not be surprised but I think it's probably closer to 5%. JMHO.

BTW, to avoid many mistakes you won't be convicting many people. Very much a double edged sword.

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm a licensed attorney. I would not be surprised but I think it's probably closer to 5%. JMHO.

BTW, to avoid many mistakes you won't be convicting many people. Very much a double edged sword.

The stat in the video was before DNA evidence I belive. Because one guy was set free because DNA became avalible he did 20 years before they found out he was innocent. He won his law case vs the govt. and won a ton of money. But he was like 68 so the money isnt worth the 20 years in feadral prison.

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2011, 12:06 AM
I took a lot of heat

Im glad this is over

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I took a lot of heat

Im glad this is over

You and me both I was pretty sure it would get dopped and was not the truth. But he is still gulity to some by just public opinion some people already considered him gulity and there is nothing he can do to change there minds.

spazzxb
02-24-2011, 04:22 AM

Are indy games blacked out if your in Indiana?

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Are indy games blacked out if your in Indiana?

Ya but when I go to Lafyette I get all the games :dance:

bphil
02-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Lance Stephenson's 2010-11 stats:

Points - 0
Rebounds - 0
Assists - 0
Steals - 0
Arrests - 1
Weird hooker related scandals - 1

I'm sorry, but those numbers don't seem to bode well for the future. I hope I'm wrong.

crazylikeafox
02-24-2011, 11:14 AM

Points - 0
Rebounds - 0
Assists - 0
Steals - 0
Arrests - 1

I'm sorry, but those numbers don't seem to bode well for the future. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't you actually have to get in a game to accumulate stats? Just Askin'

Pacersalltheway10
02-24-2011, 11:23 AM
The case has been dismissed yet people are still arguing if he is truly innocent.:rolleyes:

BillS
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Because "dismissed" does not equate to "found not guilty". IANAL, but I believe that technically (though not very often) if new evidence is found you can be re-arraigned on the dismissed charges.

smj887
02-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Points - 0
Rebounds - 0
Assists - 0
Steals - 0
Arrests - 1

Well, if going by your smartass logic, the arrest not only came in the preseason but was also dismissed, so I don't think that counts. And continuing to abide by your smartass logic, he's managed to get on the stat sheet without even playing a single minute. Doesn't that make him the greatest player of all time or something? Even Jordan had to get on the court to put up numbers...

Major Cold
02-24-2011, 11:32 AM
This is such great news. WE NEED LIKE 5 MORE THREADS TO SPREAD THIS NEWS.

Hicks
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
(Legitimate) legal technicalities aside, the man's case was just dismissed. Can't we please move on unless something else happens?

Regarding the Pacers, and assuming (the big I-F) Lance doesn't **** up again later, isn't this the best news we could have hoped for regarding this incident?

Let's just be happy about this and hope for the best when he starts to see playing time.

Mackey_Rose
02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't have high expectations for Lance on the court, but I'm definitely glad we avoided something bad away from it with this news.

thewholefnshow31
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Hopefully he can put this behind him and get his head on straight. I hope he does because there is potential there, but I doubt he will.

Unless we are blowing a team out or we are getting blown out I do not want to see Lance. We got some good chemistry going right now with both units and I just do not see the time for Lance.

He can watch, get some scrap minutes in blow outs, work hard in the offseason, and if there is a season we can see him get some decent minutes.

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
The kid had his name dragged through the mud and has been vilified relentlessly .

He has the charges dropped, which would indicate at the very LEAST there was not sufficient evidence to prosecute, yet some people still want to banish him

I think those people should look in the mirror and realize that they too have probably made questionable decisions in their life as well, and were given a chance to make ammends

Hicks
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
The kid had his name dragged through the mud and has been vilified relentlessly .

He has the charges dropped, which would indicate at the very LEAST there was not sufficient evidence to prosecute, yet some people still want to banish him

I think those people should look in the mirror and realize that they too have probably made questionable decisions in their life as well, and were given a chance to make ammends

I'm with you until the last paragraph. Please stop saying it, because you make it sound like others here were accused of throwing our girlfriends down the stairs.

naptownmenace
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't have high expectations for Lance on the court, but I'm definitely glad we avoided something bad away from it with this news.

Count me in this group. I'm actually glad he's had to ride the pine and earn his way into the lineup. This should, at the very least, make him more determined and hungry to prove he can play on the NBA level. Sometimes a little struggle can make you stronger.

Still, I'll keep my expectations low. If and when he does get the chance to play, I hope he can just make small positive contributions.

Larry Staverman
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Unless we are blowing a team out or we are getting blown out I do not want to see Lance. We got some good chemistry going right now with both units and I just do not see the time for Lance.

Actually at some point Lance needs to play in regular game conditions for several games so that he can get a feel for the speed of the game and see first hand the things he will need to work on in the off season to make him a better player.

90'sNBARocked
02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm with you until the last paragraph. Please stop saying it, because you make it sound like others here were accused of throwing our girlfriends down the stairs.

I feel ya, I do

The only thing I say is those were allegations, never proven to be true

so maybe he never pushed her at all, we dont know

I am not advocating his alleged incident is equal with what minor things someone might have done in their life, I am just saying that I think there is a population of people that love to point fingers and hold people down because they dont have to look inside at their own life

There is not one person on this board (myself included) that hasnt made mistakes and doesnt have room for improvement

But I hope we can just move on

I think lance deserves the benefit of the doubt now, and lets just give him a fresh start. If he has another incident, then by all means go after him

BillS
02-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree that it is time to move forward. Don't forget, because the dismissal doesn't erase it, but it's time for the next move.

Personally, I think Lance broke Dun's thumb during a timeout... :zip:

PacerGuy
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Personally, I think Lance broke Dun's thumb during a timeout... :zip:

It's possible Lance "chinched up" thinking about his trial.
Keep you fingers (or thumb) where they don't belong & all is good.

BlueNGold
02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Because "dismissed" does not equate to "found not guilty". IANAL, but I believe that technically (though not very often) if new evidence is found you can be re-arraigned on the dismissed charges.

No. New evidence means nothing unless it leads to different charges. What you describe would be double jeopardy.

Lance is completely free and clear of those charges if they have been dismissed.