PDA

View Full Version : Milsap vs. Jefferson

Trader Joe
02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Let's say we live in a world where the Pacers actually make big deals at the trade deadline, and that Jazz are on the phone right now to try and get you to trade for Milsap or Jefferson, the deals are pretty similar to one another in terms of what we have to give up (one young player+one expiring+one first round pick, something along those lines), which one are you pursuing? Are you pursuing either one or do you just say thanks but no thanks to the Jazz?

luis3ep
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
hearing alot in favor of Millsap. Jefferson doesn't play defense and Millsap loves to rebound apparently.. Jefferson is 6'10, and Milsapp is an undersized 6'8.. as long as we only give up Rush/Dun/Ford/Solo and picks im fine.. i don't really want to give up Hansbrough.

Speed
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd trade for almost anyone if the price is right.

flox
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Strictly talent wise- Jefferson.

Talent, injury history, and cap wise- Millsap

JB24
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Strictly talent wise- Jefferson.

Talent, injury history, and cap wise- Millsap

Plus fit. I don't see how Jefferson fits on this team at all.

I would have no problem dealing Hansbrough ( who's only a year younger than the much more polished Milsap- dude was in the all-star discussion a year ago).

Dr. Awesome
02-23-2011, 02:56 PM
McRoberts/Dunleavy/1st.

Sign me up.

Doddage
02-23-2011, 02:56 PM
"Either, or" for me. It'd be hard to imagine Jefferson and Hibbert coexisting down low, but if we can get him for a cheap price (i.e. expirings), then we can worry about that later.

BRushWithDeath
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't see how any argument can be made for Jefferson.

diamonddave00
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd consider trading Granger for Milsap, Miles and a 1st rounder, if we could follow it up with a Dunleavy , Rush and protected 1st for Gerald Wallace.

LetsTalkPacers
02-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I'd consider trading Granger for Milsap, Miles and a 1st rounder, if we could follow it up with a Dunleavy , Rush and protected 1st for Gerald Wallace.
If Im giving up Danny I better get KLove back

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Jefferson's more proven, has seasons of productivity Millsap has wet dreams about matching (23/11 in 08-09) and has the size to play center. Millsap is cheaper, would be a better fit next to Roy and has had near perfect health.

I'd take either, but if given a choice, I'd probably go with Millsap.

OakMoses
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I was thinking Ford, Rush, Hans for Millsap, Miles, and Price

diamonddave00
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Looks like my second part isn't doable appears Wallace is Portland bound.

cdash
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Pass on them both. I'd rather sign Zach Randolph in the offseason than trade for Al Jefferson.

diamonddave00
02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
i'd do a Ford, Hansbrough and Rush for Milsap, Miles and Price deal in a heart beat.

Miles will be a free agent and Price is just filler. I've grown to like Hansbrough ( after hating the pick) but I'd gladly move him and Rush for Milsap who is the type of PF we need a rebounder who gets his points with hustle and short jumpers who is move proven than Hans and only a year older.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Milsap...he's a better version of Hansbrough.

Psyren
02-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Not high on Jefferson. I can live with it if it's something like Dun/Josh/1st, which I doubt they'd go for.

Milsap on the other hand, sign me up.

Psyren
02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Not high on Jefferson. I can live with it if it's something like Dun/Josh/1st, which I doubt they'd go for.

Milsap on the other hand, sign me up.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Millsap isn't a terrible PF.

He's someone who plays above his size and wouldn't be a bad option here.

Though he or Al Jefferson aren't my top choice, I'd definitely prefer Millsap over Jefferson.

Tom White
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Millsap isn't a terrible PF.

He's someone who plays above his size and wouldn't be a bad option here.

Though he or Al Jefferson aren't my top choice, I'd definitely prefer Millsap over Jefferson.

How will that change with age and declining athleticism? I know that is a bit down the road, but when it happens you are stuck with a 6"8" non-athletic PF. I prefer a PF who is the size of a PF. Much like the two we already have.

ksuttonjr76
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Jefferson hands down for me.

PacerPenguins
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
how old is milsap.....IF we can get him then i like our chances if we play the heat in the 1st rd.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
I bet we won't get either..

itzryan07
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
milsap is young but i take Jefferson. Jefferson is really good down low, and brings size. Right now he is playing against centers. he will finally have a center to play with

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM
how old is milsap.....IF we can get him then i like our chances if we play the heat in the 1st rd.

Millsap turned 26 less than two weeks ago and Jefferson turned 26 last month. Either would fit in perfectly with our core, age-wise, which is why I'd prefer one of them to David West, who turns 31 in August.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I prefer a PF who is the size of a PF. Much like the two we already have.

I know Millsap and Jefferson aren't Barkley, but Charles was a 6'6" HOF PF. There is a lot more to it than just size. It can work. Just sayin.

However, I'll be the first to say he was the exception, not the rule.

esabyrn333
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't know much about either honestly is Jefferson a PF or a Center. How would he fit next to Hibbert?

cdash
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't know much about either honestly is Jefferson a PF or a Center. How would he fit next to Hibbert?

Poorly.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Here is what Hollinger insider scouting says:

+ Prodigious left-block post scorer with tremendous hands and great footwork.

+ Plodding, unenthusiastic defender with poor hops and amazingly slow reactions.

+ "Black hole" who rarely passes out of post and often gets stuck in traps.

Jefferson doesn't have hands so much as giant claws, which he uses to catch everything around the basket and throw in short-range shots that are halfway between a hook and a jumper. That's when he's forced to his right -- let him turn baseline with his drop-step move and you're dead. He should play even better this season now that he's one year removed from an ACL injury.

Unfortunately, he brought nothing else to the table. His reactions on defense were shockingly slow and didn't improve as the season wore on. He was far too selfish in the post and easily baited into turnovers trying to force the action against double-teams. Playing devil's advocate, it's possible his defense may improve now that his knee has healed. It was asking a lot to expect him to play NBA-caliber defense just eight months after a serious knee injury.

Nonetheless, his effort at that ends needs as much work as his conditioning. He'll never be a dominant defender as a 6-10 center with limited flight time, but if he can just get to "average," his post scoring and rebounding may land him an All-Star berth someplace down the road.

No thanks.

PacerPenguins
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
i hope we dont see dun tonight then we know something went down

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't care if we get Jefferson or not, but can anyone fill me in as to why Jefferson is a no-go for us? Can I have like 5 reasons or so? Again I don't have a horse in this race but I just want to know why he wouldn't help us.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't care if we get Jefferson or not, but can anyone fill me in as to why Jefferson is a no-go for us? Can I have like 5 reasons or so? Again I don't have a horse in this race but I just want to know why he wouldn't help us.

- Black hole on offense
- Non-existant defense
- Torn ACL in past
- Owed 29 mil over next 2 years
- Hurt the progress of Hans and McBob

There are a few off the top of my head.

JB24
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Clogs up the lane if you're playing him with Hibbert. The latter probably reverts back to the Murphy-era Hibbert where he fouls out in under 24 minutes because he's trying to cover for Jefferson's matador defense.

tadscout
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Milsap pleeeeaase! :pray:

Jefferson or ZBo :puke:

MyFavMartin
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure Milsap is much more of an improvement over McRoberts.

Gamble1
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Ok we have reached the point of insanity.;)

He is way better than McRoberts offensively. Defensively McBob could be better but I would love to have Milsap.

Isaac
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM

You should try watching Milsap then. Paul is getting 17-8 while playing with another big man who demands the ball a lot and is a notrious black hole. Milsap would immediately become our best two way player.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Here comes the part where I start to :drool: over Millsap and how good he would be for us, and then we don't do a deal for him and I crash back to the real world where there are 20 other teams that want him and we aren't going to win a bidding war.

Psyren
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Here comes the part where I start to :drool: over Millsap and how good he would be for us, and then we don't do a deal for him and I crash back to the real world where there are 20 other teams that want him and we aren't going to win a bidding war.

*Sigh*

Oh reality, why do you always do this to Pacer fans :(

MyFavMartin
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM
You should try watching Milsap then. Paul is getting 17-8 while playing with another big man who demands the ball a lot and is a notrious black hole. Milsap would immediately become our best two way player.

I knew I'd get in trouble with my comment.

Millsap is getting a lot more minutes and with a very good passer in DWill who runs a lot of PnR and commands double teams.

I meant to indicate that for going up in $5 million in salary, Millsap doesn't seem to blow me away compared to Josh, who is a much better shot blocker, shooter, and passer. Millsap gets more rebounds, but gives up height.

For a trade for a PF, I would like to see a dramatically better player than what we have now between Josh and Tyler. With Millsap, I don't see it... I don't see it with Landry or West, either.

Give Josh 35 minutes a night and his numbers approach Millsaps'.

HeliumFear
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Millsap is the better player and would make us a very good team.

GET KILLSAP,BIRD! (though at the end of the day,it all depends on the deal)

Gamble1
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I knew I'd get in trouble with my comment.

Millsap is getting a lot more minutes and with a very good passer in DWill who runs a lot of PnR and commands double teams.

I meant to indicate that for going up in $5 million in salary, Millsap doesn't seem to blow me away compared to Josh, who is a much better shot blocker, shooter, and passer. Millsap gets more rebounds, but gives up height.

For a trade for a PF, I would like to see a dramatically better player than what we have now between Josh and Tyler. With Millsap, I don't see it... I don't see it with Landry or West, either.

Give Josh 35 minutes a night and his numbers approach Millsaps'.

As you mood indicates I think you are too relaxed....;)

Millsap easily out performs McBob but even if you are very high on McBob the contract of Millsap trumps most pf we could get. I agree landry is not much of upgrade but Millsap is hitting his stride and is growing as a player.

I would easily trade our first and second along with Tyler or McBob for Millsap.

We have to upgrade our team.

Young
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't want Jefferson at any cost.

I like Millsap but I don't think he would be a good fit here especially on defense paired with Roy. I can't even say i'd deal for him even though I really like what he brings.