PDA

View Full Version : Crash?

PacersAllDay
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/truehoop-trade-reports

The Charlotte Bobcats seem intent on moving Gerald Wallace to a new team by the Thursday deadline and have aggressively courted the Mavericks, Rockets, Clippers, Pacers and Cavs. The asking price has been an expiring contract and a protected first-round pick.

So far they've been unable to get a team to bite, though there have been rumblings Wednesday morning that the Cavs may use their $14.5 million trade exception generated in the LeBron James sign-and-trade this summer to land Wallace by the deadline.

Mackey_Rose
02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
If all it takes is Dunleavy and a 1st, yeah I'd be in favor of that.

Peck
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
If all it takes is Dunleavy and a 1st, yeah I'd be in favor of that.

I know this is going to sound crazy but I don't want anyone standing in the way of Paul George's development.

The more I've seen him play the more convinced I am that we have special player on our hands.

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
That's all we could do realistically. It's a position of little need for us.. But I think you upgrade personnel when you can for the right price.

I plan on making the playoffs this year so our first isn't as valuable as it could be.
Dunleavy and our first would be excellent.. And I like the dun

*just read the previous post and now I'm rethinking this entirely. I'll be wholly glad when the deadline passes.

LetsTalkPacers
02-23-2011, 01:12 PM
How about a three way with Minny to get Love

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
He's a good player, I'd love him here, this guy is pure hustle and a decent all around (I'd take Iggy over him though)
problem is, Granger is a 3, George is more of a 3 than a 2. Wallace is a 3.
Maybe Granger to SG? :confused:

pacergod2
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I wonder what the discussions were. I wonder if Bird was trying to send Granger somewhere and was going to bring in Wallace to replace him.

Also, are we bringing him in to play PF? Because I just don't see that working well.

Kraft
I know this is going to sound crazy but I don't want anyone standing in the way of Paul George's development.

I don't think there's many people here who think that's crazy.

Speed
He makes 10.5 this year and next, then a Player option in the 3rd year for 10.5.

He's 30 in July 2012.

He averages 15.6 and 8.2. He shooting 43% from the field this year.

I'd really really have to consider this, if I was Bird.

Kraft
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Also, I'd consider doing this deal with designs on flipping him again for something else. What are the Pacers going to get that's better in free agency and/or the No. 15/16/17 pick in the draft? At least he's a tradeable piece.

Though if it was Dunleavy and Rush, that'd be better.

PacersAllDay
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM

If a three way is how you get love that is your own business. I just don't know if this is the place for that discussion.

Peck
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM

Man there is so many ways to take this statement not related to basketball.;)

LetsTalkPacers
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
If a three way is how you get love that is your own business. I just don't know if this is the place for that discussion.
:laugh:
I wasnt trying to make a joke, but damn its a good one.

Deadshot
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Gerald Wallace isn't really the same player he used to be. He's started chucking more threes instead of attacking the glass. His injury this season has really tamed him in that he isn't able to be nearly as aggressive as he used to be.

Maybe he's just slacking - who knows. But unless I thought moving him to Indiana would really rejuvenate his play, I have no interesting in acquiring him and would rather just have the money to spend in the offseason. We're just now ridding ourselves of some bad contracts so there's no need to replace them with new ones.

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Hahaha

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
His salary isn't that bad IMO.. Thought it was much worse. And if its just The 2.. Just went up and checked and it's really 3 years..

I think we have to pass on this. Unless he is in turn traded by us.

Too much money for a position we think we're ok at.

PaceBalls
02-23-2011, 01:26 PM
mouthpiece oral fixation... someone get that man a pacifier.

Mackey_Rose
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM

The more I've seen him play the more convinced I am that we have special player on our hands.

I don't think that's crazy at all.

But I do think that Wallace would make us good enough in the short-term that George's development would be able to come at it's own pace, as opposed to us needing it to be expedited so much. Which if we don't do anything, we need.

pizza guy
02-23-2011, 01:31 PM
It sounded to me like Charlotte called us trying to move Wallace, not Bird calling them to get him. Which makes me happy, because Wallace isn't anything better than what we've got. That would be making a trade for the sake of making a trade. If that's the best option in the trade market right now, let's allow the expirings to expire and try free agency this summer.

Hicks
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
If we could get him for Mike and our '11 first, basically Danny plays SG instead of Mike (in other words, a different SF would be playing SG for us than the one who already was doing so) and Gerald could start at the 3.

DC/AJ
Danny/Dahntay
Wallace/George
Josh/Tyler
Roy/Jeff

We get better defensively, and we get more athletic.

pathil275
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
That is the best player linked to the Pacers so far. If it costs only a protected 1st rounder (probably in the range of 16-20) and an expiring, I'll do that in a heartbeat. The contract isn't too bad and if we sent out Dunleavy, we wouldn't have too many guards. If you don't agree, then trade Rush in a separate trade for a late 1st rounder (Boston, Miami).

Speed
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm glad they are 'intent' on moving him for next to nothing, that should take one more East team out of the running for a playoff spot.

LetsTalkPacers
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
I would offer TJ Ford's expiring contract and a 2nd rd pick, nothing more. No need to take on salary of a position we are set at.

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I'd have him backup Granger on the goon squad. He would fit PERFECT with the bench. The dude is all hustle and is a MAJOR upgrade over D.Jones. And he is known league wide as a multi-position, do-it-all lock-down defender. The contract is not going to kill us either.

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
I would offer TJ Ford's expiring contract and a 2nd rd pick, nothing more. No need to take on salary of a position we are set at.

Ford.. Dunleavy.. Either way we ARE taking his salary.. Even for ford and the 2nd rounder

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I'd have him backup Granger on the goon squad. He would fit PERFECT with the bench. The dude is all hustle and is a MAJOR upgrade over D.Jones. And he is known league wide as a multi-position, do-it-all lock-down defender. The contract is not going to kill us either.

For some reason I dont think the FO or Gearld would be happy with that. Have him play 20mins as a backup? When he is a good starer and is paid like a good starter.

CooperManning
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Can Wallace guard the 2? Because I don't think Danny can.

Phildog
02-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Not sure Danny can guard the 3 either..or maybe just chooses not to.

Hicks
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM

When Mike and Danny start, Danny was asked to take on the harder assignment defensively most of the time. If Danny and Wallace start together, I would expect Wallace to take that assignment.

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM

Gerald is a better defener than danny

CT Pacer
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Why does Charlotte want to trade one of their better players to a team they are battling for a playoff spot with? This doesn't make sense unless they aren't interested in making the playoffs...Hmm

PacersPride
02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
wallace would be ideal for the 76ers, why not a 3team deal where wallace goes to philly, iggy to indy, and dun/1st as reported here to charlotte.

im guessing philly is going to keep AI, but it seems like a move that would allow them to get evan turner PT which ive read they want to do.

LetsTalkPacers
Ford.. Dunleavy.. Either way we ARE taking his salary.. Even for ford and the 2nd rounder
True, bu I believe Dunleavy and our first can net us more than wallace. TJ wont get us anything. he is just an exp in terms of value.

HickeyS2000
For some reason I dont think the FO or Gearld would be happy with that. Have him play 20mins as a backup? When he is a good starer and is paid like a good starter.

You don't HAVE to play backups only 20 minutes. And if he isn't for whatever it takes to win, I don't want him.

pacer4ever
Why does Charlotte want to trade one of their better players to a team they are battling for a playoff spot with? This doesn't make sense unless they aren't interested in making the playoffs...Hmm

are they in the LT maybe??

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
You don't HAVE to play backups only 20 minutes. And if he isn't for whatever it takes to win, I don't want him.

true,

who would start Paul?

HickeyS2000
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
true,

who would start Paul?

That's exactly who I would start.

CT Pacer
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
are they in the LT maybe??

Right... but why not trade him to the West where they wouldn't have to deal with him?

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
That's exactly who I would start.

all 3 play 32 mins and that would be the wing rotation ?

graphic-er
02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Gerald Wallace = Smash Mouth.

diamonddave00
02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd gladly trade Dunleavy , Rush and a protected 1st to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace.

Wallace, Granger and George can handle the sf/sg with Stephenson and D.Jones ( who I'd love to move too ) as back ups.

Against some teams playing small Crash or Granger could play some PF. Wallace would be an immediate fan favorite with his aggressive playing style.

CooperManning
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tus7ao

Bobcats get our first, so they should be satisfied if all they really want for Wallace is an expiring and a first.

Philly sheds Nocioni's contract and gets a legit SF in Wallace and a backup SG in Rush.

We get our answer at SG in Iggy. Nocioni can backup Danny for a year, then expire (his last year is a team option). So we'd have 2 decent expirings next year as well, before we have to start paying our young guys.

MillerTime
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
The asking price is too high. Let alone giving up all that, we're also taking back his huge contract. Wallace is making $10.5 million for the next 3 years (the last year is a player option, but I am sure he'll exercise it). http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bobcats.jsp

Unless we could give up two expirers and a lottery protected first for Tyrus Thomas and Wallace, I wouldnt be too interested.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4rxr2qe

I wonder if we could keep our first rounder pick and send Rush instead?

Hibbert
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Although this is just a rumor and we are hardly mentioned I do remember the TWolves being very interested in Granger for some time. If there was a deal centered around Danny for K Love I would have to think we would do it, though I'd hate to see Danny go. He is pure class when it comes to Indiana and his team. Getting Wallace for TJ, Dun, or Foster, something along those lines with our 1st I would do that deal as well. But if Danny was to stay put I would love a DC, Danny, Wallace, McBob, Hibbert starting lineup. I think Danny would dominate at the 2 spot and that solves that problem real quick. Being realistic is that the Pacers will probably stay put and not make a deal which Im totally fine with. We have a great young core to work with and money to persuade a star this summer. Either way, things are finally looking up for us Pacer fans.

Major Cold
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM

http://download-the-riches-episodes.edogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/minnie_driver_001_200408.jpg

CableKC
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Easy-Peazy....if a "1st+BRush+Expiring" would work out......I'd live with an even split of 96 minutes at the SG/SF position between Granger/Crash/PG over the next 3 years.

I could care less if PG was the backup to both Granger and Crash...as long as he gets 32 minutes a year....I'd be fine with that. If he pans out better then Granger or Crash...then trade either one of them.

This is one of those "Wow, you can get a good player like Crash at that price? Cool, get the pieces together now and figure out how to make the pieces fit later" type of situations.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
One more thing to note....if the Bobcats are in firesale mode...then that means that they will end up pulling themselves out of the Playoff hunt.

Boys and Girls....we may actually make it to the Playoffs this Season!!!!

PacerGuy
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
http://download-the-riches-episodes.edogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/minnie_driver_001_200408.jpg

Not enough...
In need more "information" - pan lower!!! :eyebrow:

PR07
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
If we could get Wallace for Dunleavy+Protected First Round Pick, I would think we'd have to jump on it. I don't look at it as Wallace taking George's minutes, more so I look at it of having another versatile player that can help us win games. Dunleavy's minutes are erased, and if push comes to shove, you can deal Rush in a separate trade, as I'm sure some contender would be happy with a swingman who can defend and shoot the 3.

Defensively, having lineups with George at the 2, Granger at the 3, and Wallace at the 4 could be amazing because each of those guys are interchangeable and on switches, you may not lose a beat.

wintermute
02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
We're trying to turn our expiring contracts into talent, so yeah if we can get Gerald Wallace for Dunleavy and our first rounder, I'd say do it and figure out the fit later.

As to why the Bobcats do it, maybe they figure they're out of the playoffs anyway? Their remaining schedule is tough.

PacerGuy
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
We're trying to turn our expiring contracts into talent, so yeah if we can get Gerald Wallace for Dunleavy and our first rounder, I'd say do it and figure out the fit later.

As to why the Bobcats do it, maybe they figure they're out of the playoffs anyway? Their remaining schedule is tough.

If Crach had 1 yr. vs. 2 left, I would agree. Thing is, the CBA could provide us the opportunity to get a player like this later, & get them cheaper (esp. if there is a "Allen Houston Rule" exception given to teams to help lower a hard cap. 10 mil for what we all consider a 20 min/ backup player? While IMO it gets us a 6th seed & maybe an upset in the 1st rd., I'm not sure that is our best long-term move.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Any Team can offer an Expiring+1st for Crash.....which I bet a Team like the Warriors would offer in a second.

IMHO...if the Pacers are interested about getting an impact Player like Crash THIS season.....then the minimum starting offer price would be BRush+1st+Expiring. But if they are serious and really want him...then the next "one up" offer that the Pacers can offer is to add in the willingness to take a long-Term salary ( specifically Eduardo Nareja ):

Option 1

Pacers Outgoing:

Mike Dunleavy - $10.561984 mil in 2010-2011 ( Expiring )
Brandon Rush - $2.06904 mil in 2010-2011 / $5.025698 mil Guaranteed Total ( Team Option in 2012-2013 )

Total 2010-2011 Outgoing Salary - $12.63 mil in 2011-2012
Total Outgoing Guaranteed Salary - $15.588 mil total Guaranteed $$$

Bobcats Outgoing:

Gerald Wallace - $10.5 mil in 2010-2011 / $31.5 mil Guaranteed Total ( Player Option in 2012-2013 )
Eduardo Nareja - $3 mil in 2010-2011 / $5.75 mil Guaranteed Total ( Expiring Contract in 2011-2012 )

Total 2010-2011 Outgoing Salary - $13.5 mil in 2011-2012
Total Outgoing Salary - $37.25 mil total Guaranteed $$$

Savings for Bobcats - $21.662 mil in guaranteed $$$

Option 2

Pacers Outgoing:

TJ Ford - $8.5 mil in 2010-2011 ( Expiring )
Brandon Rush - $2.06904 mil in 2010-2011 / $5.025698 mil Guaranteed Total ( Team Option in 2012-2013 )
Solomon Jones - $1.5 mil in 2010-2011 ( Expiring )

Total 2010-2011 Outgoing Salary - $12.069 mil in 2011-2012
Total Outgoing Guaranteed Salary - $15.026 mil total Guaranteed $$$

Bobcats Outgoing:

Gerald Wallace - $10.5 mil in 2010-2011 / $31.5 mil Guaranteed Total ( Player Option in 2012-2013 )
Eduardo Nareja - $3 mil in 2010-2011 / $5.75 mil Guaranteed Total ( Expiring Contract in 2011-2012 )
Sherron Collins - $473,304 in 2011-2012 ( Expiring Contract with Team Option in 2011-2012 for $788,872 )

Total 2010-2011 Outgoing Salary - $13.973 mil in 2011-2012
Total Outgoing Salary - $37.723 mil total Guaranteed $$$

Savings for Bobcats - $22.697 mil in guaranteed $$$

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
If we can get a trade we should do it. I'd do Dun+first for Wallace for sure. Same if we add rush.

What you guys seem to miss or not care about is that other teams will have cap space as well
NJ will have some cap, Toronto, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Sacramento...
All these teams will probably try to go for either Z-Randolph or David West. Prince and AK47 also expire but they aren't starters anymore.
So we could end up with nothing after all this time, and I really see this scenario real
and also, if we get Wallace it's not like we'll have no cap space at all, just less. we'd still have some for role players

Look at the East next year. We have no chance to get to the top 6, and we'd need to battle NJ (who might actually get really good), Philly and Milwaukee for 7th and 8th seed. We need to get our hands on decent players as soon as we can, and for that reason I wanna see G.Wallace in Indiana.

wintermute
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Per Woj

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

# Portland is pushing hard and getting closer to completing a deal with Charlotte for Gerald Wallace, a league source tells Y! Sports. 11 minutes ago via web

# Nevetheless, source says the Blazers still believe that Wallace could end up in the Eastern Conference. Portland's pushing, though. 7 minutes ago via web

# Cleveland's been talking to Bobcats for several weeks on a Wallace deal, too. As one GM has said, "Blazers have been anxious...determined." 5 minutes ago via web

Sounds like Blazers in the lead.

Gamble1
02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
SOme moves make sense and IMO this one doesn't. We need to make s strong push for West or another PF instead of Wallace.

OF course I would take Wallace over nothing at this point. I really don't see us using our money on that much of a better player than Wallace in the FA market next year. He also fits the bill as a tough hard nose player.

Haywoode Workman
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Hahaha oh my god, one thread everyone's crying because Bird isn't making a trade and then here....http://farm1.static.flickr.com/88/213423984_a82afcda90.jpg

tj or dun/1st? in a heart beat! there's always room for a guy like gerald wallace.

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM

http://disneyexclusiveonline.com/images/Disney_Exclusive_Online_Store_Minnie_Mouse.jpg

She seems surprisingly open to the idea. Whoda thunk it?

Trophy
02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Wow, that'll really pile up our wing positions.

Gamble1
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Wow, that'll really pile up our wing positions.
Hasn't Wallace played some PF like Danny has in the past. I am not advocating small ball but just that he is versatile.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Bird should be all over the place to get this done. I'm just losing the confidence that he can indeed get any trades done..

-If we get Wallace, that immediately knocks Charlotte out of the playoffs
-If we get Wallace, we become an insane good defensive team
-Wallace is SMASHMOUTH TO THE CORE.
-The asking price is insanely low.
-He was an All-Star just last year.
-He helps our transition offense

For those worried about Paul George, consider that there are 96 minutes to go around at both wing spots.. We can use a three wing rotation and they can all get around 30 minutes a game there.

If Bird doesn't make a concerted effort to get this done than I will be somewhat disappointed..

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Hasn't Wallace played some PF like Danny has in the past. I am not advocating small ball but just that he is versatile.

According to 82games.com, he played about 1/3 of his minutes at PF last season. He ended up averaging 10 rebounds a game, which was ninth in the league (albeit in 41 minutes a night). Very Shawn Marion-esque. If he could come here and do that for us, he'd be an excellent pickup.

Gamble1
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
If Crach had 1 yr. vs. 2 left, I would agree. Thing is, the CBA could provide us the opportunity to get a player like this later, & get them cheaper (esp. if there is a "Allen Houston Rule" exception given to teams to help lower a hard cap. 10 mil for what we all consider a 20 min/ backup player? While IMO it gets us a 6th seed & maybe an upset in the 1st rd., I'm not sure that is our best long-term move.
This would be a 2.5 year move. I really don't consider that a long term move especially since a guy like him will retain his value and could be traded in his final year.

Like Hicks said you could put Danny at the 2 and Wallace at the 3 with a little bit of minutes at the 4 with Wallace.

Wallace stats are down this year but they have also had a lot of changes to their roster as well. Last year Wallace ranked 9th in the league in total rebounds, 16th in steals per game, and 14th in Fta/pos.

At this point its about getting more quality players IMO and although Wallace isn't the best fit we sure could use a guy like him.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Bird should be all over the place to get this done. I'm just losing the confidence that he can indeed get any trades done..

Whoa Nelly settled down there. It was just a few months ago that turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison.

But I would love to get Wallace. He's just a pretty damn good player. No way around it. Get him here and figure out the fit later. We aren't at the stage to not add talent to this team just because of the position he plays.

MTM
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Minny will be the first to tell you that the three-way you suggested is no way to get Love. :laugh:

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Whoa Nelly settled down there. It was just a few months ago that turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison.

I just don't think that Bird is the best negotiator evidenced by all of our past trade dealines. He has a very good eye for talent, is very patient, prefers cap space, and can get the right deal at the right time.. That said, when something like a bidding war comes along like last night Landry and now Wallace, I think that he will lose out on those due to lack of savvy/negotiation.

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Minny will be the first to tell you that the three-way you suggested is no way to get Love. :laugh:

Well Kahn loves point guards, we have TJ Ford. I think he'll go for it

:khan:

DemonHunter1105
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
If Bird doesn't make a conceded effort to get this done than I will be somewhat disappointed..

Not trying to pick on you or anything, but I think you mean concerted effort. I initially read it as conceited and was really confused.

I'm not trying to be a jerk just caught my attention for some reason.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Not trying to pick on you or anything, but I think you mean concerted effort. I initially read it as conceited and was really confused.

I'm not trying to be a jerk just caught my attention for some reason.

You're correct. My bad. :blush: :laugh:

Kid Minneapolis
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Man there is so many ways to take this statement not related to basketball.;)

Ya, it strikes home in particular with myself LOL...

ilive4sports
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I just don't think that Bird is the best negotiator evidenced by all of our past trade dealines. He has a very good eye for talent, is very patient, prefers cap space, and can get the right deal at the right time.. That said, when something like a bidding war comes along like last night Landry and now Wallace, I think that he will lose out on those due to lack of savvy/negotiation.

Landy is good, but not a huge upgrade. I'm really not upset that we didn't get him. No need to force a deal for someone like Landry.

And you have to remember that the Bobcats may just like another offer better. Dun and a 1st isn't some awesome trade for them. Even Dun, Rush and a 1st isn't that great. It comes down to who is offering what.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I've read that it looks like he might be going to Portland.

I'd be happy to have him to play PF.

He plays with size and isn't a typical SF who just shoots.

He can defend bigger players and I think he and Danny would play well together because they both play different styles.

I'm not counting on us getting Wallace, but I'd definitely want us to for the right deal.

We'd shoot up in the standings and Charlotte would fall back a lot.

croz24
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

we can hate on tj all we want but if he's dealt, we'd have no 3rd string pg. in essence, we'd be screwed if dc or aj go down.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I've been wanting crash here for a long while now. Yet most here seems he's too old but he's only a year older than Danny. Some think he's overpaid. 15and 8 with the defense he brings is not overpaid for only 1 and a half more seasons.

Dunleavy and a first for crash makes sense for both teams.

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
He doesn't really like playing PF. he doesnt "want to be known for it". pretty undersized for it also. Our better option is having him and granger swinging between SG and SF

cdash
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
we can hate on tj all we want but if he's dealt, we'd have no 3rd string pg. in essence, we'd be screwed if dc or aj go down.

Well, if you subscribe to the theory that Lance Stephenson is a PG (and apparently the front office does), then we do have a third string PG. Even if he isn't really a point guard, he can handle the ball in a pinch.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Dunleavy and a first for crash makes sense for both teams.
The Warriors can beat that with a Murphy+1st ( which will be better then our pick ) + $$$ for Crash.

We have to beat a "1st+Expiring" offer which ANY Team with an $8.6 mil Expiring Contract can offer.

pacer4ever
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, if you subscribe to the theory that Lance Stephenson is a PG (and apparently the front office does), then we do have a third string PG. Even if he isn't really a point guard, he can handle the ball in a pinch.

Dunleavy could bring the ball up. If I remember correctly his best year in GS he played a lot of pg.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
This is a nice rotation.

PG Collison/Price
SG George/Stephenson
SF Granger/Jones(Wallace)
PF Wallace/Hansbrough
C Hibbert/McRoberts

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
We could just sign a D-Leaguer as well to play third point in case of injury if Lance isn't going to work at point gaurd.

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
The Warriors can beat that with a Murphy+1st ( which will be better then our pick ) + $$$ for Crash.

We have to beat a "1st+Expiring" offer which ANY Team with an $8.6 mil Expiring Contract can offer.

Can the Warriors move their 2011 1st? Utah has their 2012 1st via today's deal with New Jersey.

Trophy
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Nevetheless, source says the Blazers still believe that Wallace could end up in the Eastern Conference. Portland's pushing, though.

Woj

I'm really hoping to get this guy.

We're willing to give up what Charlotte wants.

dohman
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
So here is the real question.

Would it be smart to stock pile on talent like wallace. then in the off-season try to trade granger for a position of need?

dohman
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/23/report-portland-pushing-hard-for-gerald-wallace-among-other-suitors/

Looks like he may be portland bound.

croz24
02-23-2011, 05:26 PM
wallace simply makes us better. could care less that his ideal position is that which granger and george could play. added him to our team make us better this year and adds a valuable asset to our team which could ultimately be used as trade bait in the future.

croz24
02-23-2011, 05:26 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/23/report-portland-pushing-hard-for-gerald-wallace-among-other-suitors/

Looks like he may be portland bound.

****ing ridiculous if true. pacers can't top pryz, some picks, and cash? really?

dohman
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
****ing ridiculous if true. pacers can't top pryz, some picks, and cash? really?

As much as I love me some granger I would of picked up wallace and traded granger for a top tier player at a position of need. This was just to good of a deal to pass up.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Can the Warriors move their 2011 1st? Utah has their 2012 1st via today's deal with New Jersey.
Hmmm...don't know...you may have me there.

But what my main point is that there are Teams that have Expiring Contracts that would be interested in him that can also send a 1st round pick.

For example:

- the Kings can offer Samuel Dalembert + 1st.
- The Warriors can offer Murphy+1st ( assuming that they can move their 1st ).
- The TWolves can offer Curry+1st
- The Pistons can offer Tayshaun+1st
- The Mavs can offer Caron Butler+1st
- The Hawks can offer Jamal Crawford+1st

The Cavs can offer up the TPE they have along with a 1st to absorb him straight up. The Blazers are in the mix somehow as well.

I'm just saying that we'd have to offer more if we want Crash....we can't offer the same as everyone else.

tde3000
02-23-2011, 05:35 PM

POTY

dohman
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I cannot believe dallas did not jump on this.

They have the bulter expiring and a huge glaring need at the small forward position.

CableKC
02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah...no kidding....Dunleavy+BRush+1st for Crash+ Nareja saves them more $$$.

Do the Blazers have multiple Picks?

You have to wonder if the Bobcats are reluctant to deal with the Pacers...specifically a Team that they will compete with in the East.

JB24
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
On the bright side, less competition for the last few playoff spots.

vnzla81
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM

This is how I feel pretty much anytime a trade goes down.

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Portland has its own 1st and a top-seven protected New Orleans' 1st. Maybe they're both going to Charlotte?

NapTonius Monk
02-23-2011, 06:32 PM
If a three way is how you get love that is your own business. I just don't know if this is the place for that discussion.:brilliant

NapTonius Monk
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
we can hate on tj all we want but if he's dealt, we'd have no 3rd string pg. in essence, we'd be screwed if dc or aj go down.I'd rather go the 10 day contract rte to pick up a situational 3rd point guard, than to hold onto TJ, if that were a deal breaker. Anyhow, if AJ and DC both go down with significant injuries, we'd likely be in trouble.

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Charlotte-Portland talks for Gerald Wallace cooling, sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet.
3 minutes ago

Hmm..

CableKC
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Charlotte-Portland talks for Gerald Wallace cooling, sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet.
3 minutes ago

Hmm..
Geez.....cold feet by Jordan and the Bobcats....damn...I totally forgot about that.....we've been bitten twice by the cold feet and poultry-nature of MJ and the Bobcats.

Makes me reluctant to work out any deal with them again.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Collison/price
Granger/ jones
Wallace/ George
Josh and Tyler
Hibbert/ foster

Add Lance as the sparkplug and that lineup is ready to upset someone in the playoffs.