PDA

View Full Version : Reach for the sky

luis3ep
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Much to everyones surprise, and out of nowhere.. Deron Williams got traded from the Jazz to the Nets. Most people wouldn't of guessed that he was on the trade block. This got me thinking.. why try to settle for a Carl Landry when we can try to get someone better? I know Landry got traded, which is good cuz i want a player for the future, not a temporary player. Which player should we pursuit? a Josh Smith? A.I? Nene? Curry? Ellis? Clearly no player is untouchable for the most part anymore.. we just need to put together a good package and reach for a great player, instead of a decent player.

Which player(s) should we pursue, and what would you give up for him?

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
This has been discussed a lot, let me sum it up for you, people are going to say:
West
A / Z randolph
Iggy
Millsap
maybe Gerald Wallace

But let me tell you what is going to happen:
Nothing

luis3ep
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
A Randolph already got traded, i doubt us getting him. We're getting Magnum next season..no need for Randolph. More than anything we're looking for a Shooting Guard or a Power Forward.. i'm tired of the same names.. i know somethings out there thats not the same crap. I'd be interested in Millsap, he's a solid player who likes to rebound.

ColeTheMole
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Why can't everyone just be happy with the Pacers not making a move ?

I really want this group of players to gel together and improve with time.

Is a move really in the best interest ? It will possibly disturb the chemistry and attitude the team has right now. This group of players is a special group.

yoadknux
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Is a move really in the best interest ? It will possibly disturb the chemistry and attitude the team has right now. This group of players is a special group.
Because this special group, at best, might take the 6th seed next year, and that's about it

luis3ep
02-23-2011, 12:05 PM

Yes, a move is in the best interest. Everyone is improving, and i'm not saying WE'RE not.. but let's be realistic.. we can't win a championship with this current team. I'm not saying let's move the core players at all, i was leaning more towards trading Ford/Solo/Dun/Rush and picks...that has to get us something. Free agency isnt anything special this upcoming off season, so we need to make something happen that will better the team for now and for the future.

Unclebuck
02-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Dwight Howard
Lebron james
Kobe
Rondo
Dirk

The sky is the limit

LetsTalkPacers
02-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Kevin Love

PacerHound
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Because with too many Pacer fans nothing counts other than a championship and they will buy it if they can. Makes no difference just buy it. I am on your side. I am not in that camp. I agree with you completely.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
millsap
Iggy
JOSH SMITH ( oh please Larry please)
Crash Wallace
m. speights (not exactly reaching for the sky but i would like to get him)
wesley matthews
wilson chandler
David West for cheap

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Stanko Barac!!

DEEman
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Kevin Love
x2

I will cry when he becomes a Pacer..

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
If Kevin Love is ever a Pacer I will pull a UB and run around Monument Circle naked.. And everyone will have to come join me.

Pacersalltheway10
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
If Kevin Love is ever a Pacer I will pull a UB and run around Monument Circle naked.. And everyone will have to come join me.

that can't beat me doing 360 degree backflips in my underwear in my driveway screaming like crazy when we got collison for murphy. ( i live in a subdivison too)

QuickRelease
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Because this special group, at best, might take the 6th seed next year, and that's about itA move might not be in the team's best interest. Making the right move would be. If there were a move available to catapult us into/past the top 6, it would've been made already. But this is a different group than the Runi/K-Rush/Flip Murray collections we've seen of late. There is a sense of 'special' to them if allowed to grow. I understand the constant churning in recent years, but this may be a year to allow this group to mesh.

Isaac
02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Because with too many Pacer fans nothing counts other than a championship and they will buy it if they can. Makes no difference just buy it. I am on your side. I am not in that camp. I agree with you completely.

Huh? How does anything other than a championship count? Sure improvement can be applauded, but you are working towards a championship. How does making a deal to improve the team count as buying a ring? The Indiana Pacers aren't ever going to be accused of buying a ring, we aren't the Yankees, Heat, Knicks, Bulls etc.