joeyd
02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Tonight's highlight:

Goon Squad: 10 ORBs

(Starters only had 3 ORBs)

Way to go, Goonies!

BringJackBack
02-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I LOVE these guys. Foster played insane when he came into the game, AJ Price was threading the needle, Tyler Hansbrough was destroying the competition enough to make John Wall complain at him, Paul George looked like a star in the making, and even though Dahntay struggled, he got into the action a little bit here and there.. If our starters aren't going to have that competitive drive, the Goon Squad are going to have to come in and clean that up.

I LOVE OUR BENCH!

Jared Sullinger
02-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Hansbrough with 17 points in 22 minutes, including 10 free throw attempts. What a goon.

31andonly
02-23-2011, 07:55 AM
5 offensive rebounds in 9 minutes.

Every (playoff) team needs a Jeff Foster, I really hope we don't trade him.

Indra
02-23-2011, 08:37 AM
I've been loving Foster's game this year. He's absolutely perfect for the type of mentality our Goonies need. He gets under the opponents skin, forces them into bad decisions, and he's The Janitor cleaning the glass every night. He's rough and tumble with a decent inside offensive game. Perfect for this team right now.

edit: To play off the "Fosters; Australian for beer" ad, we have "Foster; Hoosier for rebound."

MTM
02-23-2011, 08:38 AM
I hate to make comparisons to the past all the time, but the past is all I have to be reminded of what it was like to enjoy the bench so much!

I have not been so excited at the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter -- when the bench guys start checking into the game -- since the guys checking in were Antonio Davis, Byron Scott, Haywoode Workman, Tank Thompson and Sam Mitchell.

joeyd
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I have not been so excited at the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter -- when the bench guys start checking into the game...

I hope that the folks coming off the bench realize that the cheers when they enter the game are for them as much for or more than for the folks they are replacing.

MyFavMartin
02-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Tyler was getting booed big time last night in DC. Maryland/UNC come into play? Someone even shouted that he shouldn't be in the NBA. Anybody see what he and Wall got Tee'd up for?

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Tyler was getting booed big time last night in DC. Maryland/UNC come into play? Someone even shouted that he shouldn't be in the NBA. Anybody see what he and Wall got Tee'd up for?

From what I saw.. it was all John Wall being a little baby. Tyler put back an offensive board for 2 pts.. said nothing... And ran down the court. Then a Timeout was called and Wall started chirping like a little bird and Tyler wasn't having it.

The ref was standing right there and IMO should NOT have called a Double T as I really dont think Tyler was responsible in any way for the word exchange that went down. Ref was being as little boy too.

Sookie
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
They really are a fun little unit. It's funny, we aren't the most talanted team in the league, but I doubt many teams could say they can go 11 deep and not have much (if any) drop off from their starters.

Naptown_Seth
02-23-2011, 10:13 PM
ANIMAL CRACKERS

Was that yours Sookie, I forget now. I'm using it, I'm promoting it, I think we've got to get this going. It's the comedy version of turning into the skid.

Sookie
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
ANIMAL CRACKERS

Was that yours Sookie, I forget now. I'm using it, I'm promoting it, I think we've got to get this going. It's the comedy version of turning into the skid.

Nah, I'm not sure whose it was.

But I think, if they're going to call themselves the Goon Squad, than the Animal Crackers for Josh/Tyler is fine..Goon Squad isn't exactly PC. :laugh:

joeyd
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Goon Squad highlight from tonight's (Detroit) game:

Goon Squad: 12 ORBs (8 Tyler, 4 Jeff), 25 total boards

(Starters had 4 ORBs, 20 total boards)

Tyler played a whale of a game.

Play on, Goonies!

(Maybe Goonies is more PC; happy with Enforcers)

ColeTheMole
02-24-2011, 12:00 AM
My favorite part of the Goon Squad has to be Foster getting into every opponent's head.

When he looks right at the guy and raises his hand after he fouls someone hard, it makes me tingle inside.

I love it.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 12:19 AM
They really are a fun little unit. It's funny, we aren't the most talanted team in the league, but I doubt many teams could say they can go 11 deep and not have much (if any) drop off from their starters.

The Cavs can say that :laugh:

PaceBalls
02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I really think we have the best bench in the NBA. They are just destroying everyone. Foster + Hans is a joy to watch on the floor together. Add PG to the mix with super quick hands/feet with tons of deflections along with DJones. They just put the shellacking on everyone.

What team has a better bench? I can't think of any.

pacer4ever
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
I really think we have the best bench in the NBA. They are just destroying everyone. Foster + Hans is a joy to watch on the floor together. Add PG to the mix with super quick hands/feet with tons of deflections along with DJones. They just put the shellacking on everyone.

What team has a better bench? I can't think of any.

If Boston was ever Healthy I would take thiers. But **** West is out JO is out Shaq is out Quis s out lol. I am proablly forgetting someone also.

imawhat
02-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Our bench is really playing well. I've been looking forward to them more than the starters.

CableKC
02-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Does anyone have any stats on the 2nd units of opposing Teams?

It just seems that our Bench is doing way better then most benches most of the night and is one of the few reasons why we are able to stick in games late into the 4th QTR.

presto123
02-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Tyler has slowly won me over. He is not the most athletic guy by any stretch but his determination is a beautiful thing to watch. If the whole team played as hard as Psycho T we might be playing in the Finals:dance:

dgranger17
02-24-2011, 02:49 AM
I'd love to rewind one year and hear what everybody had to say about Larry Legend.

BillS
02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Goon Squad isn't exactly PC. :laugh:

:confused:

Did I miss some new slang that has become offensive? I never heard "Goon" considered a no-no word.

KevinB
02-24-2011, 08:23 AM
"I don't think I'm going to please everybody," Hansbrough said. "I'm going out there trying to win ballgames.

"It seems like I'm getting under (the opponent's skin). That's how it happens sometimes. I enjoy it."

This is why I love Tyler.

Jared Sullinger
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
:confused:

Did I miss some new slang that has become offensive? I never heard "Goon" considered a no-no word.

She may be confusing it with another, similar word that is non-P.C. and offensive.

Let's just hope for her sake that we don't sign Yao Ming in the offseason... :blush:

joeyd
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Anyone have any highlights from the Utah game? I seem to remember the second team making up the deficit the first time they entered the game, but otherwise, not much to praise tonight unfortunately.