PDA

View Full Version : How Funny: Warriors Close To Trade For Troy Murphy

90'sNBARocked
02-22-2011, 11:23 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211290/Warriors_Close_To_Trade_For_Troy_Murphy

The Warriors and Nets are close to finalizing a multi-player trade, according to sources.

Golden State will send Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a 2012 second round pick.

Murphy is expected to be bought out by the Warriors and he would then become a free agent after clearing waivers.

While the Nets and Warriors appear to be firm trade partners, there are discussions that the deal could expand to a three-team deal involving Devin Harris.

The Blazers and Mavericks are the two most likely destinations for Harris.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Spirit
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
They'd have him gone before you could say hot potato. Words of wisdom: One who has had Murphy does not want him back.

LoneGranger33
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Don't we need front court depth...?

Major Cold
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/what-goes-around-comes-around.jpg

90'sNBARocked
02-22-2011, 11:32 PM
it said they are prepared to buy him out

on another note, the Hornets appear on the verge of acquiring Carl Laundry

Check last page of todays game thread

pizza guy
02-23-2011, 12:33 AM
It seems unfair to me that the team that gave him the ungodly bad contract should be able to actually benefit from it after pawning it off on other teams, and then getting it back. But, such is the NBA.

d_c
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Really, it's just an irrelevant trade for a team that is pretty content with being irrelevant.

For the Warriors, it'll save the ownership about $500K and get them a 2nd round pick. Pretty irrelevant from a fan's point of view. It's just a little bit of money in the owner's pocket.

d_c
02-23-2011, 01:26 AM
It seems unfair to me that the team that gave him the ungodly bad contract should be able to actually benefit from it after pawning it off on other teams, and then getting it back. But, such is the NBA.

That's going to happen in a league where, out of 450 players, only a handful of them really matter and the rest are just a bunch of guys whose contracts make the numbers match in a trade.

naptownmenace
02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Reports are that the Heat, Celtics, Magic, and Mavs have interest in him.

Murphy, a 6-foot-11 forward, has the interest of several playoff contenders, including Orlando, Dallas, Miami and Boston, sources said. His 3-point range and size make him attractive to playoff teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap6QqPkSGJTIYrhb3KlIX.y8vLYF?slug=ys-tradebuzz022211

I hate to say it but Troy would be perfect for the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Thunder, Magic, or Mavs.

joeyd
02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I think there are several of us that feel bad for Troy. He was a decent team mate and nice guy, just in need of a team where he can be appreciated. Hope he can stop moving around and hook up with a good situation.

BPump33
02-23-2011, 10:35 AM
What happens when Troy ends up on a team that we play in the first round? Does JOB show up in the stands wearing his jersey?

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Chris Broussard concurs that Murphy to the Heat would be ideal. Via me watching it on SC..

Wouldn't that be something.. Troy and Mike in the playoffs for the first time.. Against each other. Sweet irony!

If he somehow ends up with the Heat.. I want that playoff battle to the umpteenth degree more. PACERS!!

Slick Pinkham
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
The Heat makes a lot of sense... lots of open jumpers there for a spot up big, and as bad as Murph is on D he is nowhere the plodder that Big Z and Dampier have become.