PDA

View Full Version : Rumor that should be taken with a grain of salt

NYentre
02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I read over at the sportsnation boards that Danny Granger, 2011 1st rd pick and Brandon Rush might be sent to Golden State for Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry. They're also saying that Indy is trying to trade Dunleavy, Solo and Foster to Memphis for OJ Mayo.

That would be a three team deal involving Houston. Brooks and Budinger would go to Memphis. Indy would get Houston's 2011 2nd rd pick. Mayo wouldn't stay in Indy though.

Mayo would then be sent to Washington for Nick Young who would end up in Indy. Again, grain of salt considering it's Sportsnation BOARDS...not ESPN INSIDER.

itzryan07
02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
sounds like bs

ilive4sports
02-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Wait, what? Monta and Curry? Ummm...

And we can't trade Solo and Foster. Who is backing up Roy?

xBulletproof
02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
That's one hell of a back court defensively. Monta, Curry and Collison.

:laugh:

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM

and Nick Young our defense would be great :rolleyes:

NYentre
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Wait, what? Monta and Curry? Ummm...

And we can't trade Solo and Foster. Who is backing up Roy?

Well I'm not Larry Bird so I can't say. Maybe they'll get an extra back up C. I should've posted this in the rumors thread by the way. My bad for not doing so. This isn't in the works though. It's floating out there with like 50 other trades chatter. But the reason this trade was being discussed is because someone thinks Curry and Monta would be equal to DG's value. Plus the Knicks just getting Melo.

Only a few superstars left in the league. Monta would be one of them.

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Well I'm not Larry Bird so I can't say. Maybe they'll get an extra back up C. I should've posted this in the rumors thread by the way. My bad for not doing so. This isn't in the works though. It's floating out there with like 50 other trades chatter. But the reason this trade was being discussed is because someone thinks Curry and Monta would be equal to DG's value. Plus the Knicks just getting Melo.

Curry and Mota's value>>>> Granger

King Tuts Tomb
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM

If they stand on each other's shoulders and wear an overcoat they might be able to get into a rated R movie.

NYentre
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Nothing about Collison being traded. There was also a rumor earlier this morning that got shot down quick though. Milwaukee was offering Redd's expiring and that long-named dude on their team? Mahubute? For Hibbert. Indy said no thanks.

Jared Sullinger
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds believable.

CableKC
02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah...there's the catch there.....when you post something like this:

it suggests that someone ( as in any random poster like you and I who have as much insider info as the next guy off the street ) came up with this.

Ignoring that the Warriors would only part with one of the two ( most likely Monta ), even I know that Granger isn't worth Monta AND Curry. Add in BRush and a 1st...and it muddies up the trade waters here.

You should change the title from a "grain of salt" to "a heaping truckload of salt". ;)

NYentre
02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah...there's the catch there.....when you post something like this:

it suggests that someone ( as in any random poster like you and I who have as much insider info as the next guy off the street ) came up with this.

Ignoring that the Warriors would only part with one of the two ( most likely Monta ), even I know that Granger isn't worth Monta AND Curry. Add in BRush and a 1st...and it muddies up the trade waters here.

You should change the title from a "grain of salt" to "a heaping truckload of salt". ;)

Stranger things have happened. I recall the year when Philly got C. Webb for a few scrubs.

PacersPride
02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
taken with a grain of salt.. should not be taken to begin with. there is nothing on the internet regarding this deal. sounds fictitious.

Robertmto
02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
i also heard reggie, mj, magic and jesus christ are signing vet min contracts for the rest of the yr

PacerPenguins
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
ok if we pull out danny our pick and brandon rush 4 monta and curry i will buy season tickets for everyone on this boards....ok just listen to this lineup and tell me we couldnt win a at least 3 championships.

Collison/curry
Monta/curry
George/FA
Hansbrough/McBob
Hibbert

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Nothing about Collison being traded. There was also a rumor earlier this morning that got shot down quick though. Milwaukee was offering Redd's expiring and that long-named dude on their team? Mahubute? For Hibbert. Indy said no thanks.

:wtf2: MiL wouldnt even offer such a deal! There is 0% we would ever do that deal even If with Zeke if was the gm lol

PacerPride33
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
would do curry and monta for granger, rush, and 1st in a heartbeat. i think we should really try and get monta, while keeping granger. rush, dun, and a 1st?

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
ok if we pull out danny our pick and brandon rush 4 monta and curry i will buy season tickets for everyone on this boards....ok just listen to this lineup and tell me we couldnt win a at least 3 championships.

Collison/curry
Monta/curry
George/FA
Hansbrough/McBob
Hibbert

Curry would start
and no we couldnt win 3 championships we would get eaten alive by other SG's and PG

CableKC
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Stranger things have happened. I recall the year when Philly got C. Webb for a few scrubs.
Yeah...and look what little C Webb did for the Sixers. The Kings were smart to deal him...he was a huge drain on the Salary cap and his knees were shot.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a d*ck here....but despite a likely very boring trade deadline this season ( thanks to the Nuggets ), I'm just saying that it's not as much of a rumor but speculation by fans.

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
would do curry and monta for granger, rush, and 1st in a heartbeat. i think we should really try and get monta, while keeping granger. rush, dun, and a 1st?

theses trades just keep getting less realistic

Trader Joe
02-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Fail thread is fail.

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:18 PM
i also heard reggie, mj, magic and jesus christ are signing vet min contracts for the rest of the yr

Thats more likely than these trades LOL

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
:inbeforethelock:

PacersPride
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
is ellis a point gaurd or shooting gaurd and how much longer does he have on his contract and also what is the salary.

ellis might work here if he is a SG. would give up dun, rush, and 2 firsts and maybe even a third.. dependent on the above info.

im guessing its unlikely but if iggy is not available ellis likely is.

pacer4ever
02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
is ellis a point gaurd or shooting gaurd and how much longer does he have on his contract and also what is the salary.

ellis might work here if he is a SG. would give up dun, rush, and 2 firsts and maybe even a third.. dependent on the above info.

im guessing its unlikely but if iggy is not available ellis likely is.

they invented google for a reason

Sookie
02-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Please no.

DemonHunter1105
02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I'd be waayyyy more interested in that OJ Mayo deal. I would take crap back from them too if need be. Only problem is we would have no big man depth if something like that went down.

Nevermind...I didn't read the whole thing and didn't know we would ship him back out. My bad.

Anthem
02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
they invented google for a reason

If you're gonna call the dude out, do it right.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+monta+ellis%27+salary

:D

Shade
02-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds believable.

Pretty much. Dunno that I like either of them all that much, but they're not awful.

PaceBalls
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM

Lebron already signed with Miami.. where have you been?

I am a witness!!!

NapTonius Monk
02-22-2011, 07:08 PM

Collison/curry
Monta/curry
George/FA
Hansbrough/McBob
Hibbert
Uh...no. No, this lineup would not win 3 championships.

imbtyler
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey, for the sake of grain-of-salt trade rumors, I'd do any of these. Now that the grain of salt has been taken, the Warriors wouldn't send both Ellis and Curry and we (96%) aren't trading Granger; the Grizzlies aren't run by David Kahn, so no form of that trade would happen, especially if OJ is becoming Nick Young.

In one word: Noooo.

pacer4ever
Lebron already signed with Miami.. where have you been?

I am a witness!!!

not for the veterns Min. though

PaceBalls
Monta and his moped can stay in Frisco and Stephon Curry might be as soft as tofu... but his game has max flavor... I would love to see him as a Pacer.