PDA

View Full Version : Since I know MSA2CF wont start a non-colts week 2 thread, I will....

Kstat
09-20-2004, 06:30 AM
How bout those 2-0 Lions:laugh:

Playing without their TWO best players in their first 2 games, no less.

Triplets part 3 is looking like the real deal so far, Harrington threw 3 TD passes, Kevin Jones made things happen, and Roy Williams....

I'll just leave it at that...Roy Williams....good lord how did he fall to #7 in the draft......

Oh yeah, and the Steelers got their teeth kicked in. I was so upset at Plaxico Burress that I just traded him today.

To be fair, they played the Ravens, who were my pick to win the superbowl this year.

Slick Pinkham
09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
17 wins in a row,

a worthless bye week ahead, then seemingly very weak opponents in the Bills and Dolphins to set the all-time record for consecutive wins at 19.

Kstat
09-20-2004, 03:23 PM
I see Bledsoe lighting the Pats up and ending their streak. Just a hunch.

ImReppinBtown
09-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Patriots suck. Colts wold have blown them out if edge could hold the ball. Lions suck too. Theyre not doing anything this year. I dont see them winning again on the road.

obnoxiousmodesty
09-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm very happy to see some teams, like the Lions, finally begin to show signs of improvement. The NFL is designed so the winners don't stay on top for long, after all.

I'm really looking forward to the Detriot game on Thanksgiving Day.

TheSauceMaster
09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Come on the Lions Played The Bears and Houston ..IS that something to be excited over winning , Let's see when they Play Real Teams how they Fair.

If the Colts Played the Bears and Houston the First 2 weeks they would be 2-0 Also..let's get real here people.

MSA2CF
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Nice title, Kstat. :sarcasm:

;)

One good thing I saw in the Steelers game is Ben Roethlisberger. Even though he didn't do too well, I don't think it really showed what he can do. It was the Ravens defense and it was his first game and it was a come-off-the-bench kinda deal. The Ravens will be a great home team; their stadium looks insane. I don't know about on the road though. Same thing with the Lions.

Hey, I just noticed I'm wearing a Steelers cap and a Jerome Bettis jersey; whadduya know? :p

Kstat
09-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Patriots suck. Colts wold have blown them out if edge could hold the ball.

Yeah, all teams that win seventeen straight games suck.

you're not a homer or anything....:rolleyes:

Come on the Lions Played The Bears and Houston ..IS that something to be excited over winning , Let's see when they Play Real Teams how they Fair.

To be FAIR, the Bears went to Green Bay and smashed the Packers. Clearly, they aren't as bad as they were percieved.

As for the second part, first of all I never compared the Lions to the Colts. Secondly, lets take a look at LIons history over the last 47 years:

Superbowl appearances:0
playoff victories: 1
2001 record: 2-14
2002 record: 3-13
2003 record: 5-11

please, ask me if I CARE about how impressive their 2-0 start is......

BTW, you won't have to wait long. We play Philly next week.

ChicagoJ
09-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Ben looked okay, I thought.

I mean, he's a green, green rookie. When he read the defense properly, he connected. When he didn't, well Baltimore's defense picked up some nice return yardage.

We got beaten badly yesterday because Baltimore dominated the line of scrimmage. The turnovers didn't help but that game was won by Baltimore very early.

Usually, Baltimore doesn't impress me. Yesterday, they did. Of course, our winning percentage in thier Stadium is pretty good, so that's the way it goes sometimes.

Does Plexiglass even have a catch yet this season?

Kstat
09-20-2004, 08:39 PM
If you guys want proof of why I'm excited.....

http://www.jcdenton41.com/RoyWilliams-1stNFLCatch.avi

and

http://www.jcdenton41.com/RoyWilliams-1stNFLTD(DivX).avi

and

http://www.jcdenton41.com/RoyWilliams-2ndNFLTD(DivX).avi

;)

SoupIsGood
09-20-2004, 11:03 PM
As for the second part, first of all I never compared the Lions to the Colts. Secondly, lets take a look at LIons history over the last 47 years:

I think it's great the Lions are off to a good start. Although I wish they still had Rodgers playing, but they have a lot of players I like to watch. Williams, Baily, Bly, lots of others.

Kstat
09-20-2004, 11:19 PM

I think it's great the Lions are off to a good start. Although I wish they still had Rodgers playing, but they have a lot of players I like to watch. Williams, Baily, Bly, lots of others.

We haven't had bly or bailey yet this year. Bly hopefully will be back this week, but Bailey still has another 4-6 weeks to go........

Stryder
09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Didn't Bly play a few snaps in the first game?

Kstat
09-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Didn't Bly play a few snaps in the first game?

God, I knew someone would mention that....

Yeah, he played like 4 snaps in the first qtr of the first game before he pulled his hamstring.

SoupIsGood
09-21-2004, 07:04 PM

We haven't had bly or bailey yet this year. Bly hopefully will be back this week, but Bailey still has another 4-6 weeks to go........

:cry: