PDA

View Full Version : Pacers new ad campaign

Unclebuck
09-18-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ad_campaign_040917.html

Ad Campaign Launches Sunday

Pacers News Release
Sept. 16, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Indiana Pacers fall advertising campaign “One Goal” will be revealed on Sunday, Sept. 19. The campaign employs print, billboards and radio commercials on multiple Indianapolis stations.
Following a franchise record 61 wins last season, the Pacers focused their campaign on “One Goal.” The billboards will be posted on Monday, Sept. 20, weather permitting, featuring Ron Artest, Reggie Miller and Jermaine O’Neal, cornerstones of the Pacers’ lineup. An example of the artwork used for the billboards is attached.

A focus of the campaign is on 10-game plans, which many of the ticket prices have been lowered from last season, offering a great seat for a lower price. Another feature that will be used later in the campaign is a unique direct mail piece in the shape of Jermaine O’Neal.

“The fall campaign is a signal that the season is upon us,” said Pacers Sports & Entertainment’s CEO and President Donnie Walsh. “Following the success of the team last year, we are anxious to get them back on the court and have the campaign create anticipation from our fans as well.”

The advertising campaign was a coordinated effort of Pacers Sports & Entertainment and the advertising agencies Pearson McMahon Fletcher england and Promotus Advertising.

Dr Huxtable
09-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Sounds good, but I would like to see other key players featured (Jeff Foster), and possibly SJax.

I liked their campaign last year, "Home game doesn't mean stay home".

indytoad
09-18-2004, 01:41 PM
"Home game doesn't mean stay home" was a terrible ad campaign. I hated it.

In a minor aside, I work for a small company that prints billboards and other large-format stuff, and we did about 14 of those Pacers boards a week or two ago. It was pretty cool setting em up, watching Reggie and JO and Ron's heads come out of the presses 16 feet tall.

IndyToad
Praise and glory for an accomplishment

Roaming Gnome
09-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Reggie Miller's "One Goal" billboard is already up on I-465 Westbound, on the southside of the city between US 31 and Mann Rd. It is pretty sharp!

sweabs
09-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I think it's a great slogan...for every year!

tora tora
09-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Reggie Miller's "One Goal" billboard is already up on I-465 Westbound, on the southside of the city between US 31 and Mann Rd. It is pretty sharp!

you mean the corner of US 31 and County Line Rd...

Roaming Gnome
09-18-2004, 03:31 PM

you mean the corner of US 31 and County Line Rd...

Nope, I seen the one on 465 last night. So there must be two up on the south side with Reggie!

TheSauceMaster
09-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Billboard with Ron :confused: Wow does that mean the pacers aren't intrested in trading him , like so many claimed :confused::confused::confused:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

TheSauceMaster
09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Billboard with Ron :confused: Wow does that mean the pacers aren't intrested in trading him , like so many claimed :confused::confused::confused:

DO NOT jinx it :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kstat
09-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Anything's better than the pathetic, "home game doesn;t mean stay home" campaign last year, which was the ad equivelant of getting down on your knees and begging for ticket sales.

Lord Helmet
09-18-2004, 08:45 PM
I like our new ad.Its just another thing telling us that the season is only a month and a half away!!:cool:

ChicagoJ
09-18-2004, 09:51 PM

Its happened before...

birdman
09-18-2004, 10:17 PM

Yeah I saw that one yesterday too.

MagicRat
09-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Saw the Reggie billboard on 465 north near Pendleton Pike this evening. I like it.

MagicRat
09-18-2004, 11:06 PM

You guys seem to forget that JO told his cellphone salesman at the mall that Ron was as good as gone, so don't get too excited about the Ron billboards.....;)

TheSauceMaster
09-19-2004, 02:10 AM

You guys seem to forget that JO told his cellphone salesman at the mall that Ron was as good as gone, so don't get too excited about the Ron billboards.....;)

Yes Rat , I forgot about that ..Oh and the People who Know people who have creditable inside sources ..don't forget them :p:p:p

Unclebuck
09-19-2004, 05:24 PM
ESPN the Magazine reported in their latest edition that the Pacers have "begun" quietly to talk to western conference teams about trading Artest.

Good to see ESPN is only about 3 months behind the curve.

I have not seen the billboards yet. Are there any on the north side. ,

Destined4Greatness
09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
ESPN the Magazine reported in their latest edition that the Pacers have "begun" quietly to talk to western conference teams about trading Artest.

For Who?

I doubt it is for another SF. We have role players at Guard. And we got JO for PF. I think ESPN is loony unless its for a center.

Unclebuck
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM

For Who?

I doubt it is for another SF. We have role players at Guard. And we got JO for PF. I think ESPN is loony unless its for a center.

They did not say who