PDA

View Full Version : true or false game

smoothie
09-17-2004, 05:54 PM
the nice folks at clutchfans have a thread like this and everyone seemed to enjoy it, so i thought i will spread the fun.

the rules are as follows:

you must answer the last posters true or false question about the pacers. then, you may ask your own :cool:

i will get things started. True or False, the Al for jackson trade will prove very helpfull as the season wears on.

Hicks
09-17-2004, 05:57 PM
True.

ToF: Bender will fill Al's role on the team

Kstat
09-17-2004, 05:57 PM
false. This deal was to improve the team in May and June, not january in februrary.

Al was easily one of the 2-3 top 6th men in the NBA last season, neither Bender nor Jackson are going to have that kind of production off the bench.

J-Wont
09-17-2004, 06:37 PM
You forgot to ask a question.
Both True & False - true he's a much better scorer than Al, but he hasn't shown he's the same caliber rebounder or defender. With his size & athleticism he could easily surpass those 2, but we'll just have to wait and see.

True or False: Reggie Miller will average more than 20 minutes a game this season?

Roy Munson
09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
That's Easy. False.

Between SJax and Freddy, There won't be 20 minutes available for Reggie.

T or F, David Harrison will move ahead of Pollard (assuming Pollard remains with the team) by the end of the season.

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 06:45 PM
true, and he will also pass jeff foster for the starting position by playoff time.

True or False- J Oneal will average over 13 rebounds this season

Kstat
09-17-2004, 06:48 PM
False.

What makes you think JO is going to average a full THREE more boards a game this year than he did last season?

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 06:53 PM
because he could have had that many more last year. With a little more effort on the boards he will get 3 more a game. He has the talent and ability to do that and he will be more motivated this year than ever to take his team to the next level. And someone will have to get the rebounds Al got last year, so JO will get some of them.

Roy Munson
09-17-2004, 06:55 PM
What makes you think JO is going to average a full THREE more boards a game this year than he did last season?

Is that your question? If so, it's not really in a T or F format.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
With a little more effort on the boards he will get 3 more a game

....and with a little more effort on the offensive end, Rip Hamilton could average 28ppg.

JO's career high in boards was 10.5, and that was three seasons ago.

a sudden jump from 10 to 13 boards a game is an amazingly hard thing to ask. I don;t think you realize just how big a jump in production that is.

Question: Will freddie jones get any playing time?

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 07:00 PM
I do realize how big of a jump it is and I also realize that it will be tough. But JO is awesome and he can do it....next question.

SoupIsGood
09-17-2004, 07:10 PM
I do realize how big of a jump it is and I also realize that it will be tough. But JO is awesome and he can do it....next question.

False.

But welcome to the board JK. And no, I'm not kidding.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 07:12 PM
at the risk of being redundant:

TRUE OR FALSE:Will freddie jones get any playing time?

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 07:32 PM
True- Freddies skills will make it impossible for Rick to not play him and I think he will be a big contributer to the team this year.
To continue the subject of Freddie
T or F Freddie Jones will earn some minutes at point guard this season?

Kstat
09-17-2004, 07:43 PM
True- He'll have to, because there's no way he finds any minutes at SG.

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 10:25 PM
T of F Artest's comments about him being the best player on the Pacers will increase the chance of him being traded?

SycamoreKen
09-17-2004, 10:33 PM
False. Noone really pays attention to what Artest says, just how he plays.

T/F Kstat is not playing the game right just to aggrivate us Pacer fans.;)

Destined4Greatness
09-17-2004, 10:58 PM
True he is doing it annoy us.

Al was easily one of the 2-3 top 6th men in the NBA last season, neither Bender nor Jackson are going to have that kind of production off the bench.

^ Yeah he doesn't know what he is talking about. Jackson was good enough to START on a Championship team.

T/F

If you Average Artest Jackson and O'Neals ppg at the end of the season. It Will be at lest 20 ppg

jkimb950
09-17-2004, 11:27 PM
False- If im understanding the ? correctly then Oneal and Jackson 20 + points each and Artest 15 - 20 average.
True or False Bender will have a semi-breakout season and will keep alive the hopes of him becoming a star player

Kstat
09-17-2004, 11:29 PM
false- it would be his 4th consecutive semi-breakout season, so why would it keep any hope alive?

SoupIsGood
09-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Bender will be a solid back-up. Nothing amazing.

True or False-

:p is :mad: as :( is to :confused:

Destined4Greatness
09-18-2004, 02:06 PM
True

and regarding my previous question I worded it poorly so I'll reword it and toss in a new part

T/F

Between the 4 of them Artest Jermaine Tinsley and Stephen Jackson they will score 65-70 points a game.
Mistake

jkimb950
09-18-2004, 02:18 PM
True
Oneal 20+
Jackson 20+
Artest 15-20
Tinsley 10-12

T or F
Stephen Jackson averaged 2.8 turnovers per game last year. He will reduce that number to2 or below this season?

sweabs
09-18-2004, 02:36 PM
True
Oneal 20+
Jackson 20+
Artest 15-20
Tinsley 10-12

T or F
Stephen Jackson averaged 2.8 turnovers per game last year. He will reduce that number to2 or below this season?

Jackson 20+ :confused:

Some of the expectations you guys have for Jackson...wow.

jkimb950
09-18-2004, 02:46 PM
i agree...its a high expectation...but i think its possible. He is the outside threat we need and I think he will get many shots b/c he complements JO so well. I could be wrong and if I am I would say it will be because jackson will have 15-20 and Artest will have 20+. I guess we'll see when the season gets started

sweabs
09-18-2004, 02:56 PM
i agree...its a high expectation...but i think its possible. He is the outside threat we need and I think he will get many shots b/c he complements JO so well. I could be wrong and if I am I would say it will be because jackson will have 15-20 and Artest will have 20+. I guess we'll see when the season gets started

Reggie has a deadly outside shot...but like many of us stated at the end of the season: We needed a SG who could create his own shot. I suppose time will tell if Jackson can bring that to the table for us this season...but 20+ points is just being unrealistic.

Jermaine is the first option, Ron is the second.

Destined4Greatness
09-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Ron might not be the second option. First option inside. Second option outside. Third option outside.

I don't think 20 points is unrealistic he averaged 25.1 points on a team with no back up. Because of our multiple options he should feel some relieved pressure. And with a true PG to run plays for him.

jkimb950
09-18-2004, 03:04 PM
I agree about Jermaine, but the 2nd spot is up for grabs, it will prob turn out w/ both of them getting over 20 a lot, just depend on the matchups.

T or F By the end of the season, depending on how much strength and weight Bender has gained, JO and Bender will start at the Power Forward and Center spots, playing them interchangbly. This is assuming we make no trades to bring in a center to back up foster or start ahead of him

sweabs
09-18-2004, 03:30 PM
False.

Bender will never be strong enough to play down low with the big guys. His body-type is lanky...he is never going to get big. Within a couple games of playing Bender at PF, he would be injured.

True or False: Jermaine will be considered an MVP candidate again?

jkimb950
09-18-2004, 03:33 PM
i agree with you...just seeing what others thoughts on this were.
True, Jermaine will be in the top 3 in voting this year, with a good chance of winning

T or F Tinsely will sing a contract extension with the pacers before the season starts?

SoupIsGood
09-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Ron might not be the second option. First option inside. Second option outside. Third option outside.

I don't think 20 points is unrealistic he averaged 25.1 points on a team with no back up. Because of our multiple options he should feel some relieved pressure. And with a true PG to run plays for him.

This post doesn't make any sense at all to me. Except the Ron might not be the second option part. Please explain.

MagicRat
09-19-2004, 11:50 PM
T or F Tinsely will sing a contract extension with the pacers before the season starts?

False. Tinsley has a lousy singing voice.....:p

Jose Slaughter
09-20-2004, 01:04 AM

False

If Tinsley or Johnson goes down with an injury, Eddie Gill will be in the rotation?

Fool
09-20-2004, 09:26 AM
False, Gill might get some minutes now and then but he will never be in the "rotation".

Almost no one is playing this game correctly.

Rule #1: Answer the last poster's T/F question. (You can answer as many previous q's as you want as long as one of them is the last one posted.)

Rule #2: Ask A T/F question of your own to keep the game going!

TRUE OR FALSE:
Carlisle won't call more than 75% of the plays in every game.

Hicks
09-20-2004, 09:32 AM
True, he won't call more than 75%. I'd guess around 60%

TRUE OR FALSE:

The Pacers will be a better team this year than last year, for your own reasons.

Natston
09-20-2004, 09:40 AM
True. They will be better but will have a worse record and might not even get the number one seed.

Tinsley will average a double-double next year.

Hicks
09-20-2004, 09:47 AM
False; I think he could go back to 7 or 8 apg, but not 10.

TRUE OR FALSE:

Reggie Miller will appear to be a slightly better player this year than last year.

Kstat
09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
false. Wasnt he supposed to be a slightly better player LAST year, since he was healthy and all?

True or false, Siggy will crack the Knicks rotation.

Hicks
09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Yes Reggie was supposed to be, and was, healthy last year. However, he also had to spend the vast majority of his summer re-habbing his ankle instead of spending it doing his tyipcal hard workouts, so he (as he admitted) wasn't in his usual physical shape that he normally is after every summer. So there's a slim chance he could appear to be a little better this year because this summer he went back to just spending most of the time conditioning his body instead of re-habbing an ankle.

I can't remember who or if the Knicks even have, a consistant backup PG. If they do and still have him, then false. If they have no one behind Marbury, then true.

TRUE OR FALSE:

The Miami Heat will beat the LA Lakers on Christmas.

beast23
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
True.

No good will and cheer in that game. Maybe even a flagrant foul or two. Shaq will score 35+.

ToF:

Reggie and SJAX will combine to average 28 ppg?