PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere....Joe Dumars is laughing......

Kstat
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
White free after 10 days in jail

Former Nugget still faces hearing

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
September 17, 2004

Rodney White is out of jail. But he must wear an electronic monitor for at least a week.

Bill Meeks, spokesman for the Washington Department of Corrections, said Thursday the former Denver Nuggets forward, charged with carrying a pistol without a permit during an alleged Sept. 5 incident in the district, was released Wednesday after 10 days behind bars.

Advertisement

The Rocky Mountain News reported Thursday that White, a free agent who played the past two seasons with the Nuggets, remained in jail. Meeks said he was not made aware of White's release until Thursday.

White was released on his own recognizance. Channing Phillips, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office, said a judge Tuesday reversed an earlier decision that White remain in jail until a status hearing Sept. 24, but he must wear a monitor at least until the hearing.

"There is a curfew imposed from 8 (p.m.) to 8 (a.m.), and he cannot go more than 30 miles from the District of Columbia," Phillips said.

Police allege White fired a gun from a car, and Channing said White could end up facing a charge for that.

Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe has not closed the door on re-signing White. He will meet today in Los Angeles with White's agent, Dan Fegan.

"I want to get the facts," said Vandeweghe, who doesn't anticipate White would be re- signed with any charges pending.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 03:50 PM
...and this is the same guy that said "Joe Dumars will regret the day he traded me."

.....the even funnier part is the pick we got in return from denver for White, we wound up sending to atlanta in the Rasheed wallace trade.....:laugh:

Yep, Joe is shedding tears as we speak.

Destined4Greatness
09-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Searching for what this had to do with the pacers......

Object not found.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
searching for any idea who you are.....

...object not found.

SoupIsGood
09-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Pacer's Digest - Pacers - "The place to talk Pacers and the rest of the NBA."

Anthem
09-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I thought the White trade was how you got the Darko pick?

Kstat
09-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I thought the White trade was how you got the Darko pick?

LoL, not even close.

The darko pick was the result on a 1997 trade that sent Otis thorpe to Vancouver fot a future 1st rounder.

We had that pick in hand when Rodney was still in 9th grade.

Anthem
09-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Right... Otis Thorpe. I forgot how long you guys held that pick.