PDA

View Full Version : Clyde the Glide is pondering a comeback....no seriously, he is....

Kstat
09-17-2004, 03:44 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2407551,00.html

He was my favorite non-piston as a child growing up, i'm not going to badmouth the guy.

Oh, the hell with it. Its one thing for hall of fame coaches to bne active in the NBA, but hall of fame PLAYERS? Clyde needs to check himself. Just cause there's one coach in the NBA willing to start a senior citizen doesn't mean the league is full of them.....

Ultimate Frisbee
09-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I saw this today too and was floored... I also loved him when he was still playing.

I hope for his sake that he doesn't come back, but if he can, more power to him...

Roy Munson
09-17-2004, 04:06 PM
they just need to form a seniors league or a over-40 league to give these guys something to do.

It's ridiculous for him to think he could do it. Even the last couple years he played he had deteriorated quite a bit, and that was about 4 years ago.

Probably, since he spent last week watching old highlights of himself and listening to people at the hall-of-fame telling him how great he was, he's become a little bit out-of-touch with reality.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 04:07 PM
they just need to form a seniors league or a over-40 league to give these guys something to do.

It's ridiculous for him to think he could do it. Even the last couple years he played he had deteriorated quite a bit, and that was about 4 years ago.

Probably, since he spent last week watching old highlights of himself and listening to people at the hall-of-fame telling him how great he was, he's become a little bit out-of-touch with reality.

Actually, 6 years.

Drexler hasnt played since MJ and the Bulls were still winning titles.

Ultimate Frisbee
09-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Actually, a seniors NBA could be pretty exciting...

MSA2CF
09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, with the absence of fundamentals present in today's NBA, Clyde may have a chance.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Clyde excelled in fundamentals?:confused:

Seriosuly, go back to the 60's and look at the FG%and turnover rate of some hall-of-famers. The fundamental crap is way voerblown.

Cactus Jax
09-17-2004, 05:39 PM
He was on NBATV earlier today, and said all those thoughts were a joke, and that the media had taken things he had said and made a story out of it. Not a surprise for the media to do that.

Roy Munson
09-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Actually, a seniors NBA could be pretty exciting...

I agree, it would be.

But every team would have to have about 25 guys on the roster because there would be so many injuries.

I'd watch it, escpecially if they played in the summer. It would beat the heck out of watching the Belmont Stakes, er, uhhh, the WNBA. It would be great if the teams could be formed as alumni teams of the various NBA teams...so that anyone who ever played for Indiana would be eligible to play for the "Indiana Slow-Pacers", and all ex-Portland players could play for the "Portland Old-Blazers", etc.,

Kstat
09-17-2004, 07:01 PM
For all you kids out there, the NBA HAD an old-timers game the day before the all-star game. It wasn't very pretty at all, and a lot of guys were so winded after 5 minutes they needed oxygen tanks. It isnt fun watching the old superstars not even resemble %10 of the guys you used too root for.

It got replaced by the all-rookie game in 1994, and I'm very thankful for it.

clownskull
09-18-2004, 04:58 PM
clyde should not even talk of such things. what is he now like 43 or something around that? he excelled at being quicker and more athletic than the other players. now that it's gone, he would get embarassed. no doubt he could still rule the average joe down at the ymca but, make it back to the nba and still be even effective? i say no chance at all.

MSA2CF
09-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Clyde excelled in fundamentals?:confused:

Seriosuly, go back to the 60's and look at the FG%and turnover rate of some hall-of-famers. The fundamental crap is way voerblown.

I didn't say that Clyde excelled in fundamentals, did I?

Okay, hold on; let me go get my time machine and I'll be right back. :wave:

Sollozzo
09-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Clyde should have played a few more years.