PDA

View Full Version : Kobe not too innocent...

ImReppinBtown
09-17-2004, 12:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1883094

Cactus Jax
09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
:puke::puke:

What a sick person, having multiple affairs, and just trying to cover it up with money.

What a great role model for the children:mad:.

canyoufeelit
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
What matters to me most is that he's completely innocent when it comes to sexual assault. Hell, you can just see from the transcript that he's a guy who was scared as hell when he was questioned, and if that's just basically the only thing the prosecution was using as evidence... then what a load of BS the entire criminal case was.

TheSauceMaster
09-17-2004, 07:41 PM

What a sick person, having multiple affairs, and just trying to cover it up with money.

That's Your Problem you think He's a Role Model , But last you Forget Average people commit these acts everyday, If Kobe Doesn't Do it someone Else will , I can't list too many Famous People I would call Roll Models infact it would be a very short list.

People are Human and they make mistakes and when your rich and famous those temptaion's are greater , I would hate if you Favorite Pacer did something simalar you might have a stroke and die.

Cactus Jax
09-17-2004, 07:55 PM

That's Your Problem you think He's a Role Model , But last you Forget Average people commit these acts everyday, If Kobe Doesn't Do it someone Else will , I can't list too many Famous People I would call Roll Models infact it would be a very short list.

People are Human and they make mistakes and when your rich and famous those temptaion's are greater , I would hate if you Favorite Pacer did something simalar you might have a stroke and die.

I never said he was a role model to me, but I see so many father & son combos around here with Kobe jerseys.

There's a difference between not being the nicest person in the world, and being a regular human being.

Having extra-marital affairs with multiple women is just sickening and if he were a regular guy, that woman he's with would divorce him and take all of his stuff so quickly and deservingly.

But since he's Kobe, his wife won't divorce him, the fans won't go away because he can dunk teh ball!!!

Kobe needs to stop acting like a selfish, filthy pig, and start acting like a human being, and it doesn't matter about rape or no rape(although in the long run if he did rape her, that's deplorable).

I feel alone on an isolated island about this issue, but having sex with people while being married is the ultimate no-no next to murder.

And yes, I think of average people who do these things the same exact way. It's the ultimate disgrace to the significant other.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
I feel alone on an isolated island about this issue, but having sex with people while being married is the ultimate no-no next to murder.

Oh please. Its a dirtbag thing to do, but there are like 2345234432 different crimes in between adultury and murder. Rape, for example. Larceny, for another.

I once knew a guy that bought his wife a car the day after they got married. The wife took off with his cash and his car a day later.

I guess it could have been worse though: she could have CHEATED on him!:rolleyes:

People are people. They make mistakes. And frankly, if you're married to a high-profile athlete, you're a freaking moron if you think he's going to be faithful.

BTW- Do you really think Kobe's wife CARES that he had sex with another woman? She got a FIVE MILLION DOLLAR RING out of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if she was rooting for him to get caught again......

TheSauceMaster
09-17-2004, 08:13 PM

So we should Start Sending People to Do time for Cheating on a Spouse ? You did say it's Next to Murder :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kstat
09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
if you think about it, Kobe basically re-signed his wife for the mid-level exemption.:laugh:

If he gets caught again, who knows, she might ask for the max:devil:

TheSauceMaster
09-17-2004, 08:26 PM
if you think about it, Kobe basically re-signed his wife for the mid-level exemption.:laugh:

If he gets caught again, who knows, she might ask for the max:devil:

:spitout::spitout::spitout::spitout::spitout::spit out::spitout:

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

:whip2::whip2::whip2::whip2::whip2:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Cactus Jax
09-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Money is all material, personal disgrace is much more than that. I know pleanty of people who have had people that have cheated on them, and it's the ultimate insult. It's like saying you aren't good enough by yourself, I gotta have somebody else as well to satisfy me.

My saying cheating is next to murder was a bit off, as I did forget about things like rape, molesting, and what not, but I still stand by the fact that cheating on people is a much worse thing than stealing or any sort of material item.

I know if it ever happened to me (gotta get a girl first :cry::() I'd feel like something is seriously wrong with me, that who I am isn't good enough.

I'm sure Kobe's wife is much along the same lines of these women that he had sex with, maybe she let him do whatever he wanted, or maybe she might actually have some personality. :o

It's a scary thing, and possibly true that she would hope that he would do it again just for money.

I don't want this to get into a huge debate, and I respect your opinions, I was just a little angry seeing the article.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 09:23 PM
My guess is that if all husbands said to their wives, "the next time I cheat on you, i'll buy you a $5 million ring," I'm guessing %99 of all wives would be PAYING women to try to have sex with their husbands.........

Of course, the sentimental fool that I am, I'm leaving that %1 out there that would stick ot their morals, but lets get real here.

SkipperZ
09-17-2004, 09:56 PM
What kobe did was wrong.

But in no way does it make him a sick person. There are a lot of sick people out there, who do lots worse than Kobe did (if in fact what he says in this transcript are true).

and kstat has been on the money in my opinion on this thread.

and those of you with such high moral standards, trust me its a lot harder for kobe to uphold those morals than it is for most of you guys. I mean having large numbers of beautiful 20 something women willing to jump in the sack with you on any given day makes it MUCH harder to resist temptation. Trust me I would know. :cool:

Anthem
09-17-2004, 10:07 PM
I've managed. :devil:

joke, joke.

MSA2CF
09-17-2004, 10:29 PM
My guess is that if all husbands said to their wives, "the next time I cheat on you, i'll buy you a $5 million ring," I'm guessing %99 of all wives would be PAYING women to try to have sex with their husbands.........

Of course, the sentimental fool that I am, I'm leaving that %1 out there that would stick ot their morals, but lets get real here.

Yes, let's get real. If you really think the percentage of women who would pay their husbands to commit adultery is that high, then...Nevermind; but I'm confident that percentage is no where near that high. I'm very surprised in your lack of faith in people, Kstat.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 10:33 PM

Yes, let's get real. If you really think the percentage of women who would pay their husbands to commit adultery is that high, then...Nevermind; but I'm confident that percentage is no where near that high. I'm very surprised in your lack of faith in people, Kstat.

Either you misworded that post or misread mine.

I was simply making the point that the vast majority of women would jump at the trade of their husband cheating on them for one night, in exchange for a $5 million ring.

MSA2CF
09-17-2004, 10:39 PM

I was simply making the point that the vast majority of women would jump at the trade of their husband cheating on them for one night, in exchange for a $5 million ring.

Yes, I misworded it. I'm so sorry.

The vast majority of women would not do that, Kstat. I don't know why you think that they would.

SycamoreKen
09-17-2004, 10:40 PM

I completely disagree. But then again, considering how far down our society has slide in reguards to personal responsibility, faithfulness, and loyalty you may be right. I would bet that more pro athletes are faithful to their spouses than are not. There are certain promises that should be worth more than cold cash or a fun role in the hay.

Kstat
09-17-2004, 10:52 PM
well, I'm guessing that most athletes are more motivated by the fact they'd get screwed over in a divorce settlement than anything else.....

Kobe has a freaking mountain of cash though, he's filthy rich even by NBA standards, so he doesn't have that worry.

ImReppinBtown
09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Yeah most players do the same thing he did. Only difference is these B*****s that do it with the other players dont go lie and say its rape. Anyone catch the special they had on sportscenter about the athletes and the women waiting for them in the hotels?

SycamoreKen
09-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Just because the women are there does not mean that most guys are taking advantage of it.

MSA2CF
09-18-2004, 10:32 AM
And that's all you can do at this time, Kstat. Guess. Because until you take a poll, you are basing your statements on a few cases and/or stereotypes you've gathered or materialized.

sweabs
09-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah most players do the same thing he did. Only difference is these B*****s that do it with the other players dont go lie and say its rape. Anyone catch the special they had on sportscenter about the athletes and the women waiting for them in the hotels?

You mind explaining the special on sportsnet? I have never really given much thought to stuff like that...but I guess that happens eh?

ABADays
09-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Trust me - being cheated on is not a good feeling!

TheSauceMaster
09-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Trust me - being cheated on is not a good feeling!

ABA this isn't directed at you , just general comments , and running off what you said.

I don't think anyone said it was , been there done that a few times , with women. But the thing is I moved on and found someone who was more deserving of me and my love.

It's a selfish act , no doubt about it.. For all we know maybe his wife knows , maybe they have a open relationship , she has the choice to leave ..maybe money and Security are more important to her than being broke and lonely.

I have a friend who has a open marriage and in fact it saved there marriage cause it was deintely going no where , they goto a alternative lifestyle club in Indy and enjoy it. Personally I don't think it's something I would do or enjoy but some people enjoy it, so maybe the media just got ahold of something that was meant to be private.

Being a Star and Lots of Money you will always attract attention and women , even if your butt ugly.

ABADays
09-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Maybe that's my problem . . . being butt ugly. But without the money.