PDA

View Full Version : The #1 Most UNDERRATED Aspect Of The Jax/Al Trade...

J-Wont
09-16-2004, 06:16 PM
2 words: Playoff production.
Al Harrington put up nice stats in the regular season, yet routinely sucked in the playoffs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/artestaholic/alstats.gif
As you can see, Big Al had a very nice playoff series against the lowly Boston Celtics, yet when it we needed him the most he completely disappeared.
Do you honestly think Walsh & Bird didn't notice this when they decided to trade Al for Stephen? And this isn't even counting last years playoffs, where he was 10x worse (before this year his career playoff averages were a horrendous 2.6 points and 2.9 rebounds)
Stephen Jackson on the other hand is a bigtime player who increases his production in the playoffs. During the Spurs title run in the 2003 Playoffs, nobody on their teram hit more big time shots than Stephen Jackson, not even Duncan. It's not a coincidence San Antonio is world champion with Jackson and 2nd round exitee without him.
Every great team need's clutch scoring. Up untill the ECF Artest gave us that. However without him giving it to us, the Pacers crumbled in the close games. Thats something Stephen Jackson wont allow, and he'll give us what Reggie use to give us (obviously not on the same level) - clutch ability from downtown.
If the Pacers had Jackson in the 2004 playoffs instead of Harrington, they'd be world champions right now.

ChicagoJ
09-16-2004, 06:24 PM
If the Pacers had Jackson in the 2004 playoffs instead of Harrington, they'd be world champions right now.

I've got dibs on the good seat...

:lurk:

Bball
09-16-2004, 06:29 PM

I've got dibs on the good seat...

:lurk:

Good... you got us the big popcorn. I'll get sodas....
:cheers:

-Bball

J-Wont
09-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Can you 2 hicks actually add anything positive to this thread?
What I said is 100% the truth. Al Harrington was a choke artist, and you dont win championships with choke artists so he had to go.
Jay, dont you have a daughter you should be off taking care of? Do you make your wife do all the parenting while you sit on your fatass in front of the PC?

Destined4Greatness
09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Yeah I noticed that harrington choked in the Playoffs while Stephen jackson rises to a new level in the playoffs about a month after the trade and I was already happy about the trade.

Hicks
09-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Jay, dont you have a daughter you should be off taking care of? Do you make your wife do all the parenting while you sit on your fatass in front of the PC?

Consider this your warning for this type of crap; we don't tolerate it here.

ChicagoJ
09-16-2004, 06:55 PM
What I said is 100% the truth. Al Harrington was a choke artist, and you dont win championships with choke artists so he had to go.

I'll ignore the last half of that, since it was unnecessary.

I don't think 'not having Stephen Jackson' cost us a championship last season. Between injuries, inconsistent/ selfish play, etc., I believe the Pistons were the better team by more than just 'not having Stephen Jackson' I think the Pistons fans on here believe that too. So I'm looking forward watching this conversation get interesting.

Thus, I'll be lurking or : lurk:ing or :lurk:.

As Foghorn Leghorn says, "That's a joke, son."

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/foghorn/fogleg21.wav

TheSauceMaster
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Please Tell us something we didn't already know , we know Al did good during the season and slacked off in the playoffs. Also The reason AL was traded is because he wanted to be a Starter , Not because He was no longer needed , Al Asked to be traded if he couldn't have starting or more mins , so the Mangement respected his wishes.

SoupIsGood
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM

Well I don't know if they can add anything positive, but you certainly can't. Chill out man.

Shade
09-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Besides, there's only ONE "Hicks" on here. :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
09-16-2004, 07:10 PM

Well I don't know if they can add anything positive, but you certainly can't. Chill out man.

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SoupIsGood
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
:laugh:

ChicagoJ
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Since my whereabouts have become an issue, let me announce that I'm leaving the office now. I'll be on the 6:40 train, so I'll get home about 7:25. And, for those keeping score at home, I won't be back on until after Jay's_Daughter@Section204 is in bed (athough I have to deliver two proposals for new engagements and I've got back-to-back meetings tomorrow morning so I may not be back on again until tomorrow afternoon.)

Unclebuck
09-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Since my whereabouts have become an issue, let me announce that I'm leaving the office now. I'll be on the 6:40 train, so I'll get home about 7:25. And, for those keeping score at home, I won't be back on until after Jay's_Daughter@Section204 is in bed (athough I have to deliver two proposals for new engagements and I've got back-to-back meetings tomorrow morning so I may not be back on again until tomorrow afternoon.)

That's funny :laugh:

I would like to make a quick comment about Al's playoff performance this past year. (I admit I did not even glance at the stats because stats mean very little to me especially individual stats).

Overall I though Al performed well on the playoffs 2004. He did have a hand injury that limited his offensive production in the latter part of the Heat series and beginning of the Pistons series. But Al battled on the boards as well as I have ever seen him, his defense on Odom was excellent, and I thought he was fairly good against the Pistons, he was a presense. Sure he could have been better, but I don't believe he was bad.

Kegboy
09-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I would like to make a quick comment about Al's playoff performance this past year. (I admit I did not even glance at the stats because stats mean very little to me especially individual stats).

Overall I though Al performed well on the playoffs 2004. He did have a hand injury that limited his offensive production in the latter part of the Heat series and beginning of the Pistons series. But Al battled on the boards as well as I have ever seen him, his defense on Odom was excellent, and I thought he was fairly good against the Pistons, he was a presense. Sure he could have been better, but I don't believe he was bad.

True, but you yourself have said repeatedly that we lost to Detroit due to poor backcourt play. In your opinion, do you think Sax would have made a difference?

Kstat
09-17-2004, 12:27 AM
:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

I got the best available seat........

ChicagoJ
09-17-2004, 09:27 AM

Unfortunately, unless you provide me with a minute-by-minute breakdown, there lies a distinct possibility of your varying from this schedule. I expect said breakdown to be posted post haste.

Fine. Although I don't think that precisely, so I guess I'll have to break it down by hours:

9am - meet with boss re: MMM proposal
10am - meet with boss re: Henri proposal
Noon - luncheon with boss and clients at a benefit for the Chicago food bank
This afternoon - work on client matters - I'm hoping to leave early, but that just means 'before 6pm'.
This evening - babysit while Jay's_Wife@Section204 is out with "the girls"

Since I'm booked at lunch, I won't run four miles today - I guess I won't be able to do much about the size of my @$$ today, but I've run 16 miles this week and the weather should be nice enough that I'll take two moderate length bicycle rides on the Illinois Prarie Path this weekend. I'm back under 180 lbs. so until yesterday I thought Atkins and the exercise *were* working.

I hope that's enough detail for you, sir.

sweabs
09-17-2004, 09:33 AM
:laugh:Jay just showed up J-Wont.

Unclebuck
09-17-2004, 09:35 AM

True, but you yourself have said repeatedly that we lost to Detroit due to poor backcourt play. In your opinion, do you think Sax would have made a difference?

No he would not have made the difference last season.

Kegboy, as you mentioned I posted again and again that the frontcurt was not the reason the Pacers lost, I said it was the backcourt.

I still firmly believe that, but I think the most important reason the Pacers lost had to do with intangibles. Like experience, mental toughness, chemistry. Pistons were great in all three areas and the Pacers decent. It was not the Pacers time. Pistons were the better team.