PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Anderson, Jon Barry Sign With Hawks

obnoxiousmodesty
09-15-2004, 08:24 PM
This was mentioned on ESPN Radio earlier, and currently can be found noted on ESPN's Bottom Line™. Each signed one-year deals. Kenny can reunite with Al while Barry moves on to yet another team. I'm sure Kenny's ecstatic he should see more playing time in Atlanta than he saw during the latter half of last season.

Atlanta has an good mix of experience and youth. It should make for an interesting year in Atlanta--not that they will be contending for anything other than a low playoff seed at best.

Kstat
09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Atlanta's PGs are Tony Delk and Kenny Anderson. Not to mention they will have Randolph Childress, Jon Barry and Boris Diaw competing at SG.

This team isn't going anywhere. They don't even have one legit starting NBA guard.

SoupIsGood
09-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Yes, Atlanta will be interesting next year. Most likely not good, but interesting.

smoothie
09-15-2004, 08:35 PM
what a waste of jon barry. everywhere he has played, was considered the best bench in the league. its not a coinsidence. he wouldve been a huge part to any playoff team.

sweabs
09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Atlanta clears up all kinds of cap space.....and there is so much anticipation.......and......and.........

They get a bunch of old veterans no one else wants anymore. Not to mention Antoine Walker...:rolleyes:

Kstat
09-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Jon wasn't exactly Jon last year. I think his overall value around the league has taken a dip. He's a weak, slow, 34-year old SG that isn't a great defender.

That said, I'd love the guy on my team, but not as a key bench player anymore. He's more of a situational guy now.

Lord Helmet
09-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I knew Kenny was bound to sign with someone before to long.....anyone seen Tim Hardaway around?:laugh:

MSA2CF
09-15-2004, 09:31 PM
ESPN could use Tim again methinks.

Kstat
09-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Its also no coincidence that Atlanta brought in two Georgia Tech guys.......

indygeezer
09-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey our ol' buddy Arkman gets to watch both Kenny and Al. That oughta make him feel right at home.

Has he been around lately? Or has he become too much of a Braves/Falcons fan to remember his Indy roots?

MSA2CF
09-15-2004, 10:15 PM
And where's BillS been?

Anthem
09-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey our ol' buddy Arkman gets to watch both Kenny and Al. That oughta make him feel right at home.

Has he been around lately? Or has he become too much of a Braves/Falcons fan to remember his Indy roots?

And hopefully Pollard...

Kegboy
09-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Wow, I've been riding Atlanta pretty hard, but even I thought they'd sign a better point than Kenny. And Kstat's right, Barry ain't the player he used to be.

Woodson's gonna have to be a heck of a coach to keep them from finishing last in the league.

Kstat
09-16-2004, 01:16 AM
The Nets are only one trade away from having less talent than the Hawks. Thats scary.

Anthem
09-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Jefferson's a better player than Al.

But yeah, there's a pretty good chance that Bob's Cat's won't be last.

Kstat
09-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Jefferson's a better player than Al..

And Antoine is better than Rahim.

Given the choice, I'l take the harrington/walker tandem any day of the week.

Anthem
09-16-2004, 02:41 AM
True, I forgot about Walker.

It will be very interesting to see Walker and Harrington on the same team... neither ever met a shot they didn't like.

Unclebuck
09-16-2004, 09:00 AM
The Hawks will be better than the Cats. The Cats might win 15 games, the Hawks will win 20 games for sure, and maybe up to 28.

Fool
09-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Man I hope the bottom of the East gets better soon.

ChicagoJ
09-16-2004, 11:12 AM
My first post, a year ago, was a scouting report on Kenny Anderson.

I basically said, "he's injury prone and he's not my style of PG."

Good luck in Atlanta, Kenny. It will be interesting to see if he gets more minutes down there than he would up here. That backcourt isn't very good, but I'm not sure he can beat out those guys for minutes.

OT - I went to the Hawks official site to look at thier roster. I stopped looking for the roster when I noticed that they are having a fan poll where you can vote to select the ladies for the Hawks dance team. Just thought some of you guys might want to waste some of your time over there...

http://www.nba.com/hawks/danceteam/2004_Dance_Auditions_Vote.html

Shade
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Jefferson's a better player than Al.

I honestly don't know that I agree with that just yet. Let's see what Al does in Atlanta, but I think he could be the better of the two players.

Ragnar
09-16-2004, 12:57 PM
I keep thinking that Atlanta will sign Travis

Kegboy
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
The Hawks will be better than the Cats. The Cats might win 15 games, the Hawks will win 20 games for sure, and maybe up to 28.

Come on UB, look at the point guards. When Antoine Walker is not only the best passer on your team, but the only passer on your team, that's bad. Very, very bad.

Kstat
09-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Atlanta also has a ton of frontcourt scoring and rebounding, though.

Jon Barry is also a very good passer.