PDA

View Full Version : Will Galen and "bama Redneck et al

indygeezer
09-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Are y'all headed for higher ground yet?

Be safe....let us know when it's over that yer ok.

Kstat
09-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah guys, don't be stubborn southerners. Get the hell out of there.

indygeezer
09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Course if they're answering this, they're too late!

Read where scientist said if the levy is crested then downtown NO could be under as much as 20 feet of water.
That would have to seroiusly jeopardize the Saints and Horntes seasons (least of their worries if the levy is overwhelmed).

Slick Pinkham
09-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I think Will lives in Venice Florida, which is on the Gulf side but should be far enough south that he's not seeing anything too bad. It's south of St. Pete.

Bama redneck probably has the worse location, since last I saw anything at all close to Mobile AL is directly in the sights of Ivan.

indygeezer
09-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I thought he was close to Mobile. Any others down thar?

Alabama-Redneck
09-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the concern. I am located about 325 miles north of Mobile and should not be in any serious danger. Heavy rain and 25-40 mph winds are expected Thursday night and Friday morning but that is about it.

There is always a possibility of a tornado but it will be tough for it to find me as I am always on the move. :laugh::laugh:

This sure plays hell with my fishing, so that only leaves "drinking". :devil:

Anyway, thanks again for your concern. :angel:

:cool: ;)

MSA2CF
09-15-2004, 05:01 PM
JOneal7, where ya at?

indygeezer
09-15-2004, 05:13 PM
JOneal7, where ya at?

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HOOSIER!!!

MSA2CF
09-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I know a guy who lives in Daphne, Alabama, opposite Mobile...I wonder how he's doing. :nyuknyuknyuk:

Gyron
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM
My parents live in gulf shores....

I was talking to my dad last night at about 7 pm as he watched a tree take out the transformer at the end of the street and the ensuing small explosion. And that was the end of their power.....

I haven't heard from them yet this morning, but if this is anything like Fredrick in '79 its gonna be really bad down there. (on a side note, Fredrick was on Sept 13, 1979, my birthday)

Will Galen
09-16-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm fine. As Tom said, I live in Venice so the only hurricane that really came close to here was Charley. I was in Indiana when it hit so it didn't worry me that much.

The condo I live in used to be part of an air base and has 12 inch walls, so I'm pretty safe from everything but a major hurricane. Of course it seems like most hurricanes have been majors at one time or another this year.

They are saying we are entering a period of time when hurricanes are supposed to be more frequent, and stronger, so I'm really thinking about moving to the interior of the state.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if the girls wear bikini's around Lake Okeechobee?

indygeezer
09-16-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm fine. As Tom said, I live in Venice so the only hurricane that really came close to here was Charley. I was in Indiana when it hit so it didn't worry me that much.

The condo I live in used to be part of an air base and has 12 inch walls, so I'm pretty safe from everything but a major hurricane. Of course it seems like most hurricanes have been majors at one time or another this year.

They are saying we are entering a period of time when hurricanes are supposed to be more frequent, and stronger, so I'm really thinking about moving to the interior of the state.

yeah, they're made of alligator. Good to hear yer ok, I guess.

Will Galen
09-16-2004, 03:47 PM

yeah, they're made of alligator. Good to hear yer ok, I guess.

I love you man!

Gyron
09-16-2004, 04:23 PM
I think the "ladies that live on Okeechobee" may wear bikini's but you might not want to see them in those bikini's. Last time I was down there it was pretty much all retirement communities........You might get more than you bargin for....

Alabama-Redneck
09-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Friday update:

Everything here survived Ivan's fury. We received about 5.5" of rain and some wind up to 45 mph.

Ivan ran out of steam before he reached Guntersville. That is good because the eye passed through here early this morning.

Southern Alabama was not so lucky as the coast received an awesome amount of damage.

Again, I thank all of you for your concern.

:cool:

indygeezer
09-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Friday update:

Everything here survived Ivan's fury. We received about 5.5" of rain and some wind up to 45 mph.

Ivan ran out of steam before he reached Guntersville. That is good because the eye passed through here early this morning.

Southern Alabama was not so lucky as the coast received an awesome amount of damage.

Again, I thank all of you for your concern.

Concern?

Oh, yeah well, you invited me to come fishing down there sometime and I just wanted to be sure you'd still be there.

j/k

Alabama-Redneck
09-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Concern?

Oh, yeah well, you invited me to come fishing down there sometime and I just wanted to be sure you'd still be there.

j/k[/quote]

Oh, by the way, that invitation still stands. Also, ESPN2 will air the 2004 BASS Tournament held at Lake Guntersville in February, on October 10 at 10:30A-11:30A if you are interested in seeing the lake and lots of bass.

indygeezer
09-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey 'bama...remind me of that closer to the date will ya? I really do wanna see that!