PDA

View Full Version : Post game: Big win in Conseco (Vogel 3-0)

BringJackBack
02-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Player of the game for Indy:
Danny Granger- 25, 7-13 from the field, good defense, and most importantly 9-10 from the FT stripe.

Honorable metion: Tyler Hansbrough- Rarely do we see someone's energy and defense take over the game, but we saw it tonight. He also fouled Lamarcus Aldridge out as well as knocking Andre Miller off of his rocker

Player of the game for Portland:
Ruder Fernandez :mad:

Great win. Discuss.

Stats of the game: 55 rebounds and 43 free throw attempts

A small detail is that Batum was playing power forward and Vogel kept Hansbrough on him in the second half. I love that, and it sure as hell payed dividends.

Day-V
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
http://manfather.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/streaking.jpg

We're going streaking!

xBulletproof
02-04-2011, 10:43 PM
The major difference without O'Brien ......

Team average 22 FT attempts per game. Toronto game - 28. Cleveland game - 32. Tonight's game - 43

The best team in the NBA is OKC with 30 FT attempts per game.

graphic-er
02-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I think the 3pt attempts are way down as well. Danny isn't chucking them like before.

Eddie Gill
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I still think Bo Man should get the 'player of the game' nod.

Pacers4Life
You guys really wanted to get your messages across huh? Its cool.. Both of those posts are worth a second mention here. Watched the whole game.. Loved the effort. Great to be winning again..

PLAYOFFS!!

Day-V
I think the 3pt attempts are way down as well. Danny isn't chucking them like before.

Good call. 7-13 tonight, 25 points. most of his shots were inside the paint if I recall.

Anthem
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Danny's 3pt attempts have been down all season.

LG33
According to the box score, Hansbrough was 1 for 8 from the field, had four turnovers and was stuffed twice. Well ****, I thought he had a great game.

vnzla81
two threads?

BringJackBack
02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I still think Bo Man should get the 'player of the game' nod.

Yeah, I was tempted. He dominated the game with his energy and his defense.. First time we've seen that in forever.

graphic-er
We out rebounded them, but you have to wonder how Granger gets more than both our starting bigs. McRoberts needs to crash the boards more.

imbtyler
Danny Granger- 25, 7-13 from the field, good defense, and most importantly 9-10 from the FT stripe.

Honorable metion: Tyler Hansbrough- Rarely do we see someone's energy and defense take over the game, but we saw it tonight. He also fouled Lamarcus Aldridge out as well as knocking Andre Miller off of his rocker

Great win. Discuss.

Despite the fact that I didn't watch the game, it irks me that Tyler shot 1-for-8, but I assume that's somewhat related to his 11-12 from FT. Regardless, Paul also shot 1-for-6.

What's up with that?

http://dawsonink.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SNLWhatsUp-e1293459953873.png

vnzla81
02-04-2011, 10:49 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PLuX68zVpRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eddie Gill
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I was tempted. He dominated the game with his energy and his defense.. First time we've seen that in forever.

His intensity with that camera was inspirational. He was a true leader out there.

PaceBalls
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
The fact they both shot like crap and we stomped the Blazers like that is even more impressive.

Trophy
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Man am I proud of this team.

We're coming around and it's all thanks to Frank for freeing this playoff caliber team.

I'm fully expecting Frank to go 4-0 Sunday afternoon. Hopefully we won't make it hard on ourselves.

BringJackBack
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT ON THE POST GAME!!

He's kind of going the "Imbutu" route that Doc went. He said we are a tough team, a physical team, a new team.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY. He's all blood and guts. Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough."

"AJ Price is a starting point guard in this league." (I don't know about that one)

"This is a new team. A new beginning. You in Indiana should be excited. Jump on board, come join us. It's going to be a great end of the year."

He was FIRED UP!

graphic-er
I was interested in seeing Luke Babbit play there in the 4th. People were high on him in the draft....conclusion? He's no Gordon Hayward.

vnzla81
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
3 game winning streak, take that Jim...............:dance::dance:

dohman
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Despite the fact that I didn't watch the game, it irks me that Tyler shot 1-for-8, but I assume that's somewhat related to his 11-12 from FT. Regardless, Paul also shot 1-for-6.

What's up with that?

http://dawsonink.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SNLWhatsUp-e1293459953873.png

Paul had a off game. You could tell he was not feeling it because he deferred at the end of the game when the ball came to him. Those were also open looks that he usually takes.

His shot was just a little long tonight. He still played with a lot of energy on the other end though.

It's nice to see us establish a low post offense again. We started with highest scoring the first 6 or 8 points down in the post and then Tyler took it from there.

Josh played a amazing defensive game on Aldridge. This is a guy that has been on fire all season. Josh shut him down with his strength and athletism.

Darren looked great. I wish we could of seen more of him but I understand letting an run when we are up over 15.

THIS IS THE NEW IDENTY OF THE INDIANA PACERS!

xBulletproof
02-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Vogel's intro to his press conference was beautiful.

"We are a power post team" .... "We're aggressive playing inside out" ...... "This is this teams new identity".

dohman
I was interested in seeing Luke Babbit play there in the 4th. People were high on him in the draft....conclusion? He's no Gordon Hayward.

Horrible..... Plays scared.

cdash
Defense was much improved as well.

Day-V
Did you hear Frank's PC?

Oh my God, I love this man.

CircleCity3318
02-04-2011, 10:55 PM

He looked horrible out there

spazzxb
02-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I only watched the second half but the team is definitely different. Didn't see it much, but its interesting to see Josh and Foster on the floor together( we never really tried it before.). Given Rush's poor play prior to his injury I would not be upset if Vogel made him earn minutes over Dahantay. Vogel also limited Dunleavys minutes tonight. No reason to complain about 3 wins regardless who there against.

Kemo
02-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I like everything I heard from Coach V in his post game ... Pass that kool-aid this way ..... oh ya!

MrPreGame
thanx

cdash

I'm really not trying to **** you off and don't take this personally...but Hayward and Babbit have both looked like 10 pounds of cat **** this season.

BringJackBack

He's kind of going the "Imbutu" route that Doc went. He said we are a tough team, a physical team, a new team.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY. He's all blood and guts. Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough."

"AJ Price is a starting point guard in this league." (I don't know about that one)

"This is a new team. A new beginning. You in Indiana should be excited. Jump on board, come join us. It's going to be a great end of the year."

He was FIRED UP!

Gotta bump this. Discuss. I quoted these perfectly.

BlueNGold
02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Vogel's intro to his press conference was beautiful.

"We are a power post team" .... "We're aggressive playing inside out" ...... "This is this teams new identity".

The New Identity. I think that sticks.

All I have to say is....Vogel >>> JOb.

Sandman21
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM

He was FIRED UP!

I think I just decided who I'm backing in the Head Coaching search.

cdash
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM

That man says all the right things, and so far is doing them. I can't complain. He's been great so far. Absolutely everything we could have wanted out of him.

Marlin
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
A small detail is that Batum was playing power forward and Vogel kept Hansbrough on him in the second half. I love that, and it sure as hell payed dividends.

Not so small, BJB (I know you were being sarcastic). The last time McMillan tried that gimmick, O'Brien went nuts and there went the game. This time Vogel acted like he should, and we saw the results.

BlueNGold
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM

Vogel is doing and saying everything I believe in. Everything.

It's like waking up from a nightmare.

BringJackBack
02-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I want to add this: Roy had another pretty good game. He struggled from the field like usual, but he played good defense and hit important shots.

Anthem
02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Who said the quotes? Was it Roy?

Trophy
Frank is everything we've been wanting in a coach.

He's the best guy for this team.

I don't want to fast forward all the way into the offseason, but I strongly believe this will be the guy Bird will name as our head coach of the future.

With pretty much the remaining half of the season left, we just need to continue this play and not back down to anyone.

Day-V
The New Identity.

It sounds like the name of a WWE Wrestling Stable.

I love it.

Sandman21

Vogel in the post game presser.

BringJackBack
02-04-2011, 11:04 PM

It was Frank Vogel.

Roy said some interesting things too though.. Along the lines of (Paraphrasing), "I've been here three years and I haven't felt this together as we've been these past three games."

Kemo
02-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I dunno bout u guys, but i think ima watch the replay... and enjoy it a little more.. lol

Gold
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
It's good to have a coach that honestly appreciates and believes in the players.

PacersPride
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM

Would like to have had Rush tonight, im expecting he is going to play much better under Vogel. He is capable of minimizing rudy if he plays to his potential.

we could become a strong team by the end of the season.

Really?
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
lol Vogel is trippen... AJ Price starting point gaurd... hummm.... No one wants to see Jeff Foster... Hummm... I will role with him on the other stuff but umm not them two...

cdash
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Would like to have had Rush tonight, im expecting he is going to play much better under Vogel.

Get ready for a letdown.

ilive4sports
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
You know I said I wasn't giving Vogel the job after 2 games. I'm giving it to him after 3.

O'Braindead
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Here's my stat for the game:

36.4% from the field and 25% from three.

That is lockdown defense, and Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts slaughtered Lamarcus Aldridge (14 points on 33% shooting while fouling out).

Kemo
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
lol Vogel is trippen... AJ Price starting point gaurd... hummm.... No one wants to see Jeff Foster... Hummm... I will role with him on the other stuff but umm not them two...

LOL Tim Duncan fears Jeff's Uggs haha

Pacers4Life
02-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Jeff is a man-beast and that's a fact, Jack.
He gets us sooo many offensive boards and tip backs it's unreal.
Plays above average post D and idk if you watch him when he's out there but he's hysterical the way he talks to players/officials.
HE rattles others.. He himself is infallible.

Makes too much money right now but don't anyone diss Jeff

Sandman21
I think Vogel has a future as a head coach in this league. I'm beginning to think Bird hit a grand slam on Sunday......

cdash
You know I said I wasn't giving Vogel the job after 2 games. I'm giving it to him after 3.

I'm not. I won't give it to him after 10 games. I want to see them keep this up for the rest of the season. There are short term abberrations everywhere. Let's see how he reacts when he faces some adversity.

PacerPenguins
02-04-2011, 11:13 PM
me and my friend just got back from the game, awesome!! we played with passion and I havent seen so many people so pumped up for the pacers.

90'sNBARocked
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I thought Dahanty played real well

beast23
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
The major difference without O'Brien ......

Team average 22 FT attempts per game. Toronto game - 28. Cleveland game - 32. Tonight's game - 43

The best team in the NBA is OKC with 30 FT attempts per game.

I had actually commented on your mention of this in the game thread, but will do it here as well.

Huge, Huge point. That is the one statistic that has totally ticked me off about the Pacers this year. They have taken over 30% more threes than their opponents and their opponents have taken nearly 20% more free throws than the Pacers. Hmmm.... wonder if those two stats are somehow related?

We are now cutting back on our threes and taking the ball to the rim a lot more. The more aggressive game in the post is getting us to the line much more.

I was shocked when I checked the stats and discovered that we had taken 25 FTs in the first half. Keep that up and we can offensively play with anyone.

Trophy
02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I really think Danny is benefitting a lot under Frank.

He's scoring a lot more rather than settling for poor shots and is more aggressive and getting a lot of his points from the FT line.

Pretty much everyone (or at least the players who really matter to this team) is benefitting under Frank.

Freddie fan
02-04-2011, 11:17 PM

He was FIRED UP!

I'm so happy to see a Pacers coach who wants to play some hard-nosed basketball, not the SOFT Pacers approach of the O'Brien era.

ilive4sports
02-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not. I won't give it to him after 10 games. I want to see them keep this up for the rest of the season. There are short term abberrations everywhere. Let's see how he reacts when he faces some adversity.

I say it because I love his philosophy. Power post offense, wants us and has us playing physical. We FINALLY play inside-out. It is exactly what I have wanted. Plus he still has us get out and run at times. He gives the point guard freedom to make plays. We finally attack the basket too. Also he believes in our players. That may be the biggest thing of all.

PacersPride
02-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Get ready for a letdown.

oh i am. final straw for me with Rush. ive supported him his entire career here, but he is not tapping into his potential and for the first time considering him as a trade asset.

rock747
02-04-2011, 11:19 PM
wish i got the post game here. Guess i'll have to watch it on Pacers.com

BlueNGold
02-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Dahntay is actually the one who was freed, not Tyler. Jim didn't care for Dahntay's willingness to talk back. That's why Jim never played him.

This Vogel guy is doing everything I would do. I can't say it's going to lead to success every game, but I'm pretty sure it will more often that Jim's poor strategy.

cdash
02-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I say it because I love his philosophy. Power post offense, wants us and has us playing physical. We FINALLY play inside-out. It is exactly what I have wanted. Plus he still has us get out and run at times. He gives the point guard freedom to make plays. We finally attack the basket too. Also he believes in our players. That may be the biggest thing of all.

I agree with all of that. I love everything he's done and everything he's said. I just want to see more. I just think it's really short sighted to annoint this guy as the permanent head coach after he beat two outrageously terrible teams and one injured ravaged team. Let's see if the defense plays more like it did tonight, and let's see how he deals with a few losses, a little bit of adversity.

PacersPride
02-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Jeff is a man-beast and that's a fact, Jack.
He gets us sooo many offensive boards and tip backs it's unreal.
Plays above average post D and idk if you watch him when he's out there but he's hysterical the way he talks to players/officials.
HE rattles others.. He himself is infallible.

Makes too much money right now but don't anyone diss Jeff

as long as he doenst turn into dennis rodman, he can wear uggz or whatever whenever he wants.

foster and rodman, very similar players.

CircleCity3318
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Well we have the nets with our next game should be a win for us, and then we have the Heat who will be looking for revenge against us after we beat them in Miami.

beast23
You know I said I wasn't giving Vogel the job after 2 games. I'm giving it to him after 3.Whoa. I think a lot of folks need to get a grip.

You are guilty of premature jubilation!!!!

I have nothing but respect for Vogel's imprint on this team thus far. Our offense has a new emphasis and we are definitely moving towards a new identity.

But let's get real here. We have played nobody. We have beaten two weak teams and one decent team that is depleted with injuries.

So before we get too excited, please temper the results against the competition that we have played.

BlueNGold
I say it because I love his philosophy. Power post offense, wants us and has us playing physical. We FINALLY play inside-out. It is exactly what I have wanted. Plus he still has us get out and run at times. He gives the point guard freedom to make plays. We finally attack the basket too. Also he believes in our players.

This is an excellent summary. He coaches nothing like Jim O'Brien and even used the phrase "New Identity".

This guy is a lot better than I expected. I was waiting on Mike Brown to accept an offer...but I think Vogel is da man.

BringJackBack
Also, for those of you who went to the game, listen to this:

Vogel told Roy to wave a finger in the air for every block he gets. If he gets one block, wave one finger up, two blocks, wave two fingers up, so and and so on. I love that. He's wanting Roy to show how his defense is doing.

vnzla81
02-04-2011, 11:24 PM

no really, he was fouling the S*** out of everybody.

presto123
02-04-2011, 11:25 PM
We are better as an inside physical team first. Attack the rim and get to the free throw line. Vogel plays to the strength of our players. We have a bunch of big physical guys. Instead of trying to make them conform to his system he is taking what we have and figuring out our best chance to win. I'm thrilled with him so far. And I'm sure you have noticed that the whole culture in the locker room has changed. Positive feedback instead of negative feedback. Win or lose I like this coach and I like these players. Just keep giving the effort guys and good things will happen. If they play with effort and lose I can live with that now that we have stability on the sideline.:happydanc

PacersPride
in the postgame interview with Stacey, DG mentioned Vogel wants them to play "smashmouth defense." I absolutely love it. i know many do not like defensive battles, but those playoff games in 03 vs detroit were epic. 73-74 final scores. just grind it out tough physical basketball.. that is what wins in the playoffs and love the pacers want to play that brand of basketball.

BlueNGold
Whoa. I think a lot of folks need to get a grip.

I have nothing but respect for Vogel's imprint on this team thus far. Our offense has a new emphasis and we are definitely moving towards a new identity.

But let's get real here. We have played nobody. We have beaten two weak teams and one decent team that is depleted with injuries.

So before we get too excited, please temper the results against the competition that we have played.

Weren't you one of a handful of Jim O'Brien supporters? I thought the admins had you banned by now...;)

I kid, I kid.

Fact is, Vogel has already won half as many games as Jim would have won the rest of the season.

Pacers4Life
02-04-2011, 11:27 PM
no really, he was fouling the S*** out of everybody.

I said in the game thread.. You get six fouls.. Use those things!! We're deepest at the wing so who cares? Besides maybe racking up a couple team fouls in a certain spot.. Its let the opponent know that this **** is gonna HURT

vapacersfan
I did not turn the game on until the 4th quarter.

If anyone tivo'd it, would you mind uploading the interview with the man from China?

I saw Stacey (I think thats her name) showing her a tweet from Reggie Miller, and she referenced an interview earlier in the game.

Great to see the team play aggressive, even if it was only for a quarter (of me being able to watch it, that is)

Andre Miller had a punk move there in the 4th, thought it was weird he did not get a T but instead a F foul. Then again, the Pacers player had a good flop

BlueNGold
Vogel plays to the strength of our players.

This.

Vogel clearly knows the player's capabilities. He's going to mold his system around the assets...not the other way around which will not work.

Justin Tyme
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM

I couldn't agree more. There is still another 35 games to go.

ilive4sports
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I just love that we win 3 in a row for the first time all season the first 3 games after JOB got fired haha

cdash
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I said in the game thread.. You get six fouls.. Use those things!! We're deepest at the wing so who cares? Besides maybe racking up a couple team fouls in a certain spot.. Its let the opponent know that this **** is gonna HURT

These weren't hard fouls. They were just reach ins and stuff. Not the enforcer type of fouls.

rock747
Coach almost sounds like a fan. Hope that doen't mean he will be TOO lenient...

Freddie fan
Whoa. I think a lot of folks need to get a grip.

Sure, the Pacers are going to struggle still against certain teams and they will have their ups and downs playing so many young players. But the changes in identity, in style of play and in player rotations are worthy of jubilation in themselves. They are what many fans have wanted for three years and now suddenly and unexpectedly they appear to have arrived.

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Fact is, Vogel has already won half as many games as Jim would have won the rest of the season.

LOL, that is a fact?

I certainly would have expected the pacers win these past three games regardles. Pacers had already had a 4-0 record against the cavs and raptors prior to the past two games against those two.

Tonight was impressive though

Pacers4Life
02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
These weren't hard fouls. They were just reach ins and stuff. Not the enforcer type of fouls.

Yea.. Even as I posted that I was having similar thoughts.. I guess I just feel it's better to foul sometimes than let your man beat your or something. Especially for DJ..i don't want Hib or Danny picking up a help side weak foul. Rather him handle his own dirty work

Hicks
02-04-2011, 11:32 PM

I got to read the quotes through Mike Wells's twitter account, but I'm sorry I missed the video/audio. I hope they're online later.

vnzla81
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM

I agree with this, the think I see with the rest of the guys that are ready to give him the job is that nobody was expecting to win this games with JOB as the coach, in fact I'm almost 100% sure that we could have lost those games.

Sandman21
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I agree with this, the think I see with the rest of the guys is that are ready to give him the job is that nobody was expecting to win this games with JOB as the coach, in fact I'm almost 100% sure that we could have lost those games.

I honestly think we would have lost against Cleveland the other night if JOB had been on the bench.

cdash
Yea.. Even as I posted that I was having similar thoughts.. I guess I just feel it's better to foul sometimes than let your man beat your or something. Especially for DJ..i don't want Hib or Danny picking up a help side weak foul. Rather him handle his own dirty work

I'd rather see PG just get his minutes. I love Dahntay's intensity and toughness, but I'd rather see a three man wing rotation of Granger/Dunleavy/George. If someone needs scrap minutes, Lance is who I want to see.

Gold
"AJ price is good enough to be a starting point guard in this league," Vogel

Remember when Obie was like "There's a reason he was drafted in the second round," when talking about the possibility of having AJ start at point guard :laugh:

I'm liking Vogel's more positive approach. lol.

Justin Tyme
02-04-2011, 11:36 PM

He did. Getting into Jimmy's dog house sure hurt Dahntay. I saw cars left abandoned in the blizzard of 78 that weren't buried as deep in the snow as Dahntay was on Jimmy's roster.

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:36 PM
They are what many fans have wanted for three years and now suddenly and unexpectedly they appear to have arrived.

I remember a lot of fans were saying similar things after the wins against the Nuggets, Heat and lakers earlier this season.

Just trying to add some perspective. before I get ripped, I'll repeat tonight was one of the best performances of the season. (But so were a few games earlier this season, I remember a lot of comments earlier this year that the wins were different because they were based on defense)

BlueNGold
02-04-2011, 11:38 PM
LOL, that is a fact?

I certainly would have expected the pacers win these past three games regardles. Pacers had already had a 4-0 record against the cavs and raptors prior to the past two games against those two.

Tonight was impressive though

Fact? Maybe not. What is a fact is that Jim won 6 games since November. We've won half that many in 5 days.

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:41 PM
The FT attempts to me are the most significant thing. I've always said that my ideal team was a team that got to the free throw line a ton. That is how a team wins gams and controls the entire game. helps the defense too

BlueNGold
I remember a lot of fans were saying similar things after the wins against the Nuggets, Heat and lakers earlier this season.

Just trying to add some perspective. before I gets ripped, I'll repeat tonight was one of the best performances of the season. (But so were a few games earlier this season, I remember a lot of comments earlier this year that the wins were different because they were based on defense)

Those games were in November prior to Jim destroying the team with a strategic mistake....that is, forcing McBob into a stretch 4 and destroying Roy's confidence...and benching Tyler. All that happened in early December and that was about the time things started unraveling.

That was obvious to me...and so are the coaching adjustments Vogel is currently making...that are working.

BringJackBack
Wells twitter:

Hibbert: "We’re allowed 2 making changes and adjustments in the game. Coach ask for our advice in timeouts. We’re talking and communicating"

http://twitter.com/mikewellsnba

presto123
Fact? Maybe not. What is a fact is that Jim won 6 games since November. We've won half that many in 5 days.

You can change your mood now:laugh: Keep the kick*** profile pic though.:-p

BringJackBack
02-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Wells:

Vogel: "We play w/ enthusiasm, hard work and we play blue collar smash mouth basketball. We’re an old school team. We’re simple."
7 minutes ago via web

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:45 PM

actually it is 8. Raptors, Bobcats, Cavs, Hornets, Wizards, Sixers, Mavs, and the Nets

vnzla81
Even Bob is buying it

bkravitz Robert Kravitz
Vogel-mania... You can't deny it.

BlueNGold
Wells:

Vogel: "We play w/ enthusiasm, hard work and we play blue collar smash mouth basketball. We’re an old school team. We’re simple."
7 minutes ago via web

Ok...I really like this guy.

pwee31
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
actually it is 8. Raptors, Bobcats, Cavs, Hornets, Wizards, Sixers, Mavs, and the Nets

:shakehead

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Those games were in November prior to Jim destroying the team with a strategic mistake....that is, forcing McBob into a stretch 4 and destroying Roy's confidence...and benching Tyler. All that happened in early December and that was about the time things started unraveling.

Tonight was very impressive.

Pacers beat the Raptors and Cavs once each after november and with O'brien as the coach. Raptors was 12/6. Cavs 12/17

Freddie fan
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
The FT attempts to me are the most significant thing. I've always said that my ideal team was a team that got to the free throw line a ton. That is how a team wins gams and controls the entire game. helps the defense too

So would you agree that O'Brien's style of offensive play with its stretch 4 and emphasis on 3-point shooting is not how a team gets to the free throw line a ton, wins games and controls the entire game?

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM

why are you shaking your head.

Tonights game was extremely impressive. I'm excited

cdash
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM

Why? He's just pointing out facts. And look at two of the teams on that list. Raps and Cavs. Two of the teams Vogel has beaten.

BlueNGold
02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Tonight was very impressive.

Pacers beat the Raptors and Cavs once each after november and with O'brien as the coach. Raptors was 12/6. Cavs 12/17

I really agree with you on the first two games. Those wins didn't mean anything.

The reality is, I'm excited and tonight was a big part of it. Yes, this was a more meaningful game. But the best part of it all...is that this team will probably get better. We may be much better in 6 weeks than we are now.

We were not getting better under Jim O'Brien after nearly 4 years. I believe we will now start taking some steps because the right moves are being made.

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
So would you agree that O'Brien's style of offensive play with its stretch 4 and emphasis on 3-point shooting is not how a team gets to the free throw line a ton, wins games and controls the entire game?

Sure, I always blamed jim for the pacers not getting to the free throw line more. That and his willy nilly substitution pattern drove me crazy. I didn't have a problem with really who he played, I just like a set substiution pattern, which he never relied upon

pwee31
02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
why are you shaking your head.

Tonights game was extremely impressive. I'm excited

Was there really a correction needed w/ the 8 wins for O'Brien instead of 6? I know it's the truth, but his half win comment was funny until someone has to point out the truth.

Glad you're excited, just shaking my head at the joke killer

rock747
02-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Has Jim O'brien made any public comments since his firing?

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Was there really a correction needed w/ the 8 wins for O'Brien instead of 6? I know it's the truth, but his half win comment was funny until someone has to point out the truth.

Glad you're excited, just shaking my head at the joke killer

I think if you are making a point and you are using 6 wins since November as a means to prove your point, i think it is important that 6 wins is a correct win total. His point is just as strong with 8 wins. but I think it is important to be accurate on a fact based stat

Pacers4Life
02-04-2011, 11:55 PM

If a tree falls down in the woods but nobody is around to hear it, does it really make a sound? Good riddance

Justin Tyme
02-04-2011, 11:56 PM

Absolutely! For the last few seasons the Pacers were shooting less FT than the opposition were making. You can't get fouled much shooting 3's. You get fouled being aggressive going to the rim.

The other thing that I like is the rebounding. I'm a big believer in controling the boards. Rebounding is so important, especially offensive rebounds. This is where Foster excells, on the offensive board.

Did anyone else notice how few asts the Pacers had?

Unclebuck
02-04-2011, 11:57 PM

No, he's a classy guy he won't make any comments. There is really nothing for him to say. if he said he is very happy for the guys and he wants the team to play well, most will be critical of him saying that. He might say something after a couple of months.

Hoop
02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't care who we've played the last 3 games we look like a different team, a more capable team. I hope the consistent rotations continue the rest of the season, win or lose I'll be happy.

Fun win tonight, the energy in Conseco was great. The crowd actually cares again.

pacer4ever
No, he's a classy guy he won't make any comments. There is really nothing for him to say. if he said he is very happy for the guys and he wants the team to play well, most will be critical of him saying that. He might say something after a couple of months.

LOL :laugh: JOB apoligist

BlueNGold

I don't know, but did you read these two from Granger and Collison on page C4 of Thursday's Star? Here it is:

Their main objective is to push the tempo, set up the pick-and-roll if they can't get a transition basket, look for Roy Hibbert in the post and run screens to get the wing players open.

"I've been waiting to hear that," Collison said. "That's my game because it's easier for me to create for others and create for myself. This is how I wanted to play when they traded for me. I'll be ready for it."

"We were running plays late where we knew where everybody was going to be at," Granger said. "It helps when we know what to expect instead of just being out there moving. That helps at the end of games."

Source: IndyStar

Day-V
02-04-2011, 11:59 PM
VIDEO: Vogel Post-Game.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011/02/04/110204VogelPostgameflv-1547199/index.html#

Sandman21
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
The other thing that I like is the rebounding. I'm a big believer in controling the boards. Rebounding is so important, especially offensive rebounds. This is where Foster excells, on the offensive board.

Boyle tweeted after the game that since Vogel took the reigns, the Pacers have outrebounded the Raptors, Cavs, and Blazers combined by 58.

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I think if you are making a point and you are using 6 wins since November as a means to prove your point, i think it is important that 6 wins is a correct win total. His point is just as strong with 8 wins. but I think it is important to be accurate on a fact based stat

I agree. To be honest...and I mean that...I got lost sifting through all the losses to find a W.

DGPR
02-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm actually excited at the thought of making the playoffs again.

presto123
02-05-2011, 12:02 AM
You guys are still talking wins/losses? That's not the ONLY reason to be excited. There will be some loses in there because we are a young team. But the whole culture has changed. You can see it on their faces. I think a lot of them disliked JOB more than they are saying or just disliked his way of doing things. We are playing smarter basketball right now it is so obvious. If they put out the effort and still lose I can live with that. So much of being an NBA coach is dealing with players even more so than X's and O's. Vogel seams to be good in this regard and I already hope he gets the job.

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Boyle tweeted after the game that since Vogel took the reigns, the Pacers have outrebounded the Raptors, Cavs, and Blazers combined by 58.

I thought we needed Troy's boards. I think someone said we'd be the worst rebounding team in the league without Murphy.

:D

Unclebuck
02-05-2011, 12:03 AM
LOL :laugh: JOB apoligist

I always blamed Jim for the pacers not getting to the free throw line more. That and his willy nilly substitution pattern drove me crazy. I didn't have a problem with really who he played, I just like a set substiution pattern, which he never rdeveloped in his 3 and a half years

Day-V
02-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm definitely Staying Tuned.

Unclebuck
02-05-2011, 12:04 AM
I thought we needed Troy's boards. I think someone said we'd be the worst rebounding team in the league without Murphy.

Pacers were actually a very good rebounding team through early december. i think top 5 defensive rebounding and top 8 overall. That fell apart though

Sandman21
02-05-2011, 12:05 AM

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011/02/04/110204VogelPostgameflv-1547199/index.html#

Listen to more than just the part of Tyler, Jeff and AJ, Vogel GETS IT.

Day-V
02-05-2011, 12:07 AM

He's saying things like "When we make the playoffs"

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Pacers were actually a very good rebounding team through early december. i think top 5 defensive rebounding and top 8 overall. That fell apart though

Notice how Tyler grabs his fair share? Tyler getting benched and Josh being pushed out beyond the arc did not help that. Not saying boards are be-all end-all, but I'm telling you that...that strategy is why Jim is out of work right now. ...ok, maybe one big reason...

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Hubie Brown great coach love that Vogel learned from watcching Hubie

Justin Tyme
02-05-2011, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=Hoop;1156438]

the last 3 games we look like a different team, a more capable team. QUOTE]

As in night and day. Vogel has this team playing nothing like they did in the month of January. He has brought enthusiasm to me again. Instead of checking the daily standings to see where the Pacers were in the lottery, I'm checking to see if the Pacers are picking up games to get back in the top 8 for the playoffs. 20-27 and picking up steam, Go Pacers!!!!

ilive4sports
02-05-2011, 12:11 AM
"We dont take bad shots anymore. We attack the paint and we exercise patience for great shots."

Best quote of the post game.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:11 AM
"we dont take bad shots here anymore"

PacersPride
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM

we were but as poseys minutes went up, our rebounding advantage declined. it was very evident in the OKC game around T-day. we got killed on the glass in that game, then in the Utah game as well, and from there it continued.

when you have 4 guys on the perimeter including posey its obvious your not going to get as many offensive rebounds. and im pretty sure hansbrough is a better rebounder than posey most of the time.

BringJackBack
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM

Okay, my competitive side from when I used to wrestle and play basketball was unleashed and I got some ****ing mad chills when Vogel went into detail with the Rocky clip.

"When we make the Playoffs"

Oh yeah, and EVERYONE should listen from 6:05 to the end of the video. That would explain why Danny hasn't been shooting many threes.

Day-V
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
"We dont take bad shots anymore. We attack the paint and we exercise patience for great shots."

Best quote of the post game.

I got chills on that.

*chugs the Kool-Aid*

KevinB
02-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Day-V,
Thanks for posting the link to the post game press conference. How can you not be excited? That post game presser was priceless. I loved the reference to the Rocky clip. I'm definitely a Vogel fan. I love his approach.

PacersPride
02-05-2011, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=Hoop;1156438]

the last 3 games we look like a different team, a more capable team. QUOTE]

As in night and day. Vogel has this team playing nothing like they did in the month of January. He has brought enthusiasm to me again. Instead of checking the daily standings to see where the Pacers were in the lottery, I'm checking to see if the Pacers are picking up games to get back in the top 8 for the playoffs. 20-27 and picking up steam, Go Pacers!!!!

i was hoping for the lottery over watching ford, posey, solo, dunleavy get the majority of minutes in the playoffs. now that the young core is gonna play, im hoping for a postseason ticket.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Danny, scored decent going to the rim, played greatly improved one on one defense.

George didn't have the points but still continues to show that he's on the cusp of being strong on both ends. Great length and close out quickness on defense makes him a real nightmare for offensive players.

Roy is getting drug out of his slump by Vogel running a lot of 3 man game to get him fed in the post (typically PnR with Josh ending up coming off that to feed Roy). He still has the issues, the hesitancy, but I think they might be able to prime the pump with him yet.

Josh was off and on. His thing is that he sometimes looks for the highlight play and gets burned for it. But he was solid and I noticed a few times where he was directing traffic on the court.

Price was pretty bad, he was often lost and didn't move well without the ball. He also settled for jumpers at times rather than making stuff happen. In some PnR he was nice, but not a great outing.

Tyler was classic Tyler, and that's good and bad. At the summer meet after his draft I pointed out to everyone that statistically he had a big issue - in the world of NCAA 20ppg guys he stood alone at being the most lopsided in getting points from the line vs the field. He would stomp around in the lane, bounce off people, throw up crap, often miss....but then would draw the foul anyway. He got the FTAs, he made the FTAs and he p****ed a lot of people off along the way.

1-8 and 11-12 from the line, Aldridge out and Miller losing his temper...and I called it to my buddy about 5 minutes prior, you could see Portland losing their cool with his physicality.

I don't know what to say about Tyler, he does what he does and what he's always done. I didn't think it would translate and I still think he has issues with vertical limitations (like we also saw tonight), but somehow he keeps loading up on FTAs. I accept and appreciate it. :)

Dun...just don't know, his game is struggling. The fall down dribble TO was a perfect example. Worse was when he pulled up like a receiver going across the middle on Josh's outlet bomb to him. From our seat we could clearly see him pull up right as the pass was getting there, it was odd. He heard the footsteps of Ray Lewis I guess.

I feel a lot better when George is in there at this point.

Collison is also proving to be what I feared. He can dribble to get his own shot, but isn't showing great passing vision and court control. I think moving the offense to flow off of Roy so DC can just be the "hey, gives us a dribble drive bail out score" guy works best for this team. When AJ is on he runs the overall floor better in terms of getting others scores.

I realize DC gets assists at times, but he leans way too much on his dribble to do all the work.

Plus what is up with DC on defense. Not exactly killer instinct.

Foster...well he missed an offensive rebound putback by about 2 feet.

Rudy finally cooled off but before he did he was the best player on the court, and Aldridge was probably the 2nd best. That's still my concern in terms of being a real winning team as of now.

As always, the right guys played with a better system and balance which gives them the best chance at being a better team in the future. When they run into a stronger overall opponent it probably isn't going to be pretty, but I can live with that as long as the development work is there.

Unclebuck
02-05-2011, 12:17 AM
actually I enjoyed his comments about Hubie, but even more I loved his comments about the shot selection. That was another thing that was horrible under Jim O'Brien

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:19 AM
George had his typical bad night like at Fresno he has them every once and a while. The difference is at Fresno he didnt show the effort on defense and mentaliy checked out of the game. 2 nite he didnt this is a huge step for Paul i am really glad to see this. To me this trumps anything he does when he is on this showss he is matureing compared to what he was like in collge.

Sandman21
02-05-2011, 12:20 AM
but even more I loved his comments about the shot selection. That was another thing that was horrible under Jim O'Brien
If I could "thanks" this post 1000 times, I would. That drove me CRAZIER than having Posey defend a 4!

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
If he follows Hubie by the book we are in very good hands friends. He could be here for awhile and KISS is the best way to play basketball . Which was the oppiste off JOB thank you coach V and just keep it simple stupid hard nosed basketball is the best brand of basketball.

DemonHunter1105
02-05-2011, 12:23 AM
I think I am going to re-watch that press conference again. It got me THAT pumped up haha

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:26 AM
and BTW if Tyler learns to pass watch out. If i am the coaching staff that is all i would work on with Tyler hell have Josh help him out.

cdash
02-05-2011, 12:28 AM
and BTW if Tyler learns to pass watch out. If i am the coaching staff that is all i would work on with Tyler hell have Josh help him out.

I agree.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 12:28 AM
He looked horrible out there
Babbitt was terrified to take a shot. Twice he got to the rim and had a good look only to pass it back out to the arc. When he finally did take a shot it was a defended jumper.

This does NOT translate into better/worse than Heyward or anyone else, not yet at least. This looked like a classic nervous rookie who doesn't want to do anything but stay out of the way.

If he's still like this late in year 2 or mid 3 perhaps, then he's a bust. And I'm not even 100% sold on him, I thought his teammate Armon was a much better prospect. But Babbitt did make those moves to get to the rim, so he has some game. In fact defense is what I would expect to hold him back, not fear of shooting.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Babbitt was terrified to take a shot. Twice he got to the rim and had a good look only to pass it back out to the arc. When he finally did take a shot it was a defended jumper.

This does NOT translate into better/worse than Heyward or anyone else, not yet at least. This looked like a classic nervous rookie who doesn't want to do anything but stay out of the way.

If he's still like this late in year 2 or mid 3 perhaps, then he's a bust. And I'm not even 100% sold on him, I thought his teammate Armon was a much better prospect. But Babbitt did make those moves to get to the rim, so he has some game. In fact defense is what I would expect to hold him back, not fear of shooting.

His family sat next to area 55 they went crazy when he got a rebound it was pretty :laugh:

Hicks
02-05-2011, 12:32 AM

I love it. "We do not take bad shots anymore."

beast23
02-05-2011, 12:35 AM
I laugh out loud every time I hear the name Luke Babbitt.

For whatever reason, every time I hear his name, my mind wanders to remembering John Bobbitt... and a male's tendancy towards sophomoric humor takes over. I suppose saying that Babbitt, was "terrified" helped me make the connection.

Oh, well.

Hicks
02-05-2011, 12:35 AM

That's probably when reality set in and they realized "Troy's not walking through that door."

DGPR
02-05-2011, 12:38 AM
I really love Vogel's matter of fact tone and approach, and as long as the team continues to back up his talk I'm very happy.

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 12:41 AM

This is an important point. The more practice and court time these guys get together, the more effective they will become. You are looking at a bunch of rooks right now. Even Hibbert who has never played in a real system.

odeez
02-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Great game to watch! We still have improvements to make, but I like what see so far. The team is playing with a sense of freedom and it shows. I will reserve full judgement until we see them over 10 games or so. They are definitely still in the honeymoon faze.

Hicks
02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Found it!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sutS7C7WQSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Day-V
02-05-2011, 12:46 AM
I have a sudden urge to watch Rocky 2 and start high-fiving and chest-bumping people.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 12:47 AM
"Playing them big makes Danny a great SMALL forward rebounder"

It's pretty straight forward for all to see, no more small ball, early shots, lots of 3s. It's back to traditional grinding through the post with the wings/PG moving off that.

Vogel appears to not just be playing who Bird requested but appears to really believe in those bigs and leaning on them in the way many of us have for the last 2-3 years.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
His family sat next to area 55 they went crazy when he got a rebound it was pretty :laugh:
Was that the Portland fan(s) that you guys were booing up there when they walked in, like 2nd row off the glass in the next section over?

PacerGuy
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM

I watched this earlier, & I just got back.
After hearing Franky-V's speach I went traveling up I-65, found some poor dead deer hit by a ice-road trucker, drug it home, strung it up, & just spent the last half hour beating the crap out of it!!!

:box:
(da da,da-dah da da da-da-dah... da da,da-dah da da da-da-dah...)

Day-V
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Vogel appears to not just be playing who Bird requested but appears to really believe in those bigs and leaning on them in the way many of us have for the last 2-3 years.

Since his first press conference as coach, he's had nothing but praise for Tyler and Josh. He must really like those guys.

The question is, how frustrating was it for him to see those guys get numerous DNP-CD's this season?

Pacers4Life
02-05-2011, 12:57 AM
I love it. "We do not take bad shots anymore."

Only really awful thing in my opinion tonight.. Every shot AJ took was a bad one. He needs to improve quickly or I want TJ Ford.. I'm trying to WIN.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Was that the Portland fan(s) that you guys were booing up there when they walked in, like 2nd row off the glass in the next section over?

No thoes people were to our left. Babbit's family was to our right they all had Babbit jersey's and were cheering for him no matter what. We ask if they are family they said yes. So they stoped booing them. they were 3 kids and 2 adults i would say . But the people u were refering to were just drunk idiots who tried to get into our section but the usher Sandy saved us lol

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ERH0rPqVKZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

skip to 4:00 mins I love this video

"think about it you cant win at any level unless you can rebound" LOVE IT

"Defense is agressiveness"

Unclebuck
02-05-2011, 01:06 AM
And here I actually thought that most of you didn't care if the Pacers won or lost as long as they play the young guys

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM
And here I actually thought that most of you didn't care if the Pacers won or lost as long as they play the young guys
See my new thread.

vnzla81
02-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Only really awful thing in my opinion tonight.. Every shot AJ took was a bad one. He needs to improve quickly or I want TJ Ford.. I'm trying to WIN.

Trust me you don't play TJ Ford if you want to win.

Hicks
02-05-2011, 01:11 AM

Who are you talking to?

I know it's not to a lot of us, if you've been reading what we've written.

cdash
02-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Trust me you don't play TJ Ford if you want to win.

I agree, but AJ has been pretty bad since rejoining the rotation. Sorry Sookie, just calling it like I see it.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Since his first press conference as coach, he's had nothing but praise for Tyler and Josh. He must really like those guys.

The question is, how frustrating was it for him to see those guys get numerous DNP-CD's this season?
See this really piqued my curiosity too because it was implied that things under JOB were smooth from a coaching philosophy standpoint. It didn't feel like there was that pressure of disagreement and at first Vogel seemed extremely supportive of JOB as a coach to the point that I expected only a slight adjustment.

But things like "we don't take bad shots anymore" directly says that he thought the team was being allowed to take bad shots previously. I might as well say "I don't murder people anymore"...not really a great point on my behalf.

Bird rode out JOB for quite a long time and with some implication that Simon was the one that called for it in the end. So WTF? If the assistants are kinda like "um, actually I'd handle this a lot differently" and the fans don't care for it and some of the players were less than thrilled with the extension (per rumor) then just what exactly was keeping JOB around so much?

Because it sure feels like a lot of people, and I don't mean the fans, are pretty thrilled for the total change of focus and philosophy. And that's not the same as just a fresh face and a tweak of the system.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
I agree, but AJ has been pretty bad since rejoining the rotation. Sorry Sookie, just calling it like I see it.

lets give Lance a look and if he doesnt do well move him to the SG.

Psyren
02-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm really not trying to **** you off and don't take this personally...but Hayward and Babbit have both looked like 10 pounds of cat **** this season.

Agreed. I know there's people who think that those 2 are fantastic, but they are looking like some of the worst players out of that first round right now.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Other than Sookie I'm AJ's biggest fan and asked for him to be the great 2nd round sleeper pick 2 years in a row. And AJ has been so-so at times, worse than that tonight.

However the point is to get him beyond that. He's not hitting his ceiling because he hasn't even had the chance to grow yet.

Ford has had way more bad games than AJ has so far. Doesn't AJ deserve a shot to at least have 10-15 more bad games before we write him off as a bust or something, especially given his contract situation vs TJ's.

cdash
02-05-2011, 01:17 AM

I want to let AJ work through it, or at least try to. The temporary solution that might work better is just to increase DC's minutes to about 38 a game. That is putting a big load on his shoulders, but that softens the blow of AJ's poor play to only 10 minutes a night.

cdash
02-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Other than Sookie I'm AJ's biggest fan and asked for him to be the great 2nd round sleeper pick 2 years in a row. And AJ has been so-so at times, worse than that tonight.

However the point is to get him beyond that. He's not hitting his ceiling because he hasn't even had the chance to grow yet.

Ford has had way more bad games than AJ has so far. Doesn't AJ deserve a shot to at least have 10-15 more bad games before we write him off as a bust or something, especially given his contract situation vs TJ's.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I wasn't insinuating that I want to bench him, I'm just disappointed by his play thus far since he rejoined the rotation.

Day-V
02-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Because it sure feels like a lot of people, and I don't mean the fans, are pretty thrilled for the total change of focus and philosophy.

See, you just nailed it.

I know I've been a part of this "Vogel is the 2nd Coming" Craze that's happened all week, but this is why I'm truly excited: Because the players and team genuinely look pumped about the change.

When they interviewed Roy on Pacers.com about the move, dude was doing all he could to not bust out a huge smile. I think Roy's slowly, but steadily, coming back to November Roy. I'm not sure if you've gotten to watch the telecast yet, but they had numerous times where the players were on the bench smiling and laughing with each other.

Everything is looking positive and hopeful, for friggin' once.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 01:22 AM
I want to let AJ work through it, or at least try to. The temporary solution that might work better is just to increase DC's minutes to about 38 a game. That is putting a big load on his shoulders, but that softens the blow of AJ's poor play to only 10 minutes a night.

My thing is just dress Lance over TJ or Posey so in case a blow out happens we can see him play a little. Im sure he is rusty so the garbage mintues would help and if he plays well maybe give him some burn in the rotation. I just dont get why Ford still dresses he isnt needed.

xBulletproof
02-05-2011, 01:23 AM
By the way, anyone else notice there were like 10 air balls tonight?

WTF was going on in that building? Sheesh.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 01:24 AM
By the way, anyone else notice there were like 10 air balls tonight?

WTF was going on in that building? Sheesh.

there were like 4 in a row lol AJ and Danny and someone on the Tblazers

Pacers4Life
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM

valid point... and 4 games ago I'd have agreed whole-heartedly. But if AJ is having a whale of a game (in a negative sense) and DC needs a breather and its close.. I'd have to consider Tj Ford. WHo honestly hadn't been playing his worst basketball for us this year.

Day-V
02-05-2011, 01:26 AM

Don't forget Tyler air-balling that FT the other night in Cleveland.

cdash
02-05-2011, 01:27 AM

Rudy Fernandez.

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Don't forget Tyler air-balling that FT the other night in Cleveland.

he had an excuse his contact fell out lol

PacerGuy
02-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Bird rode out JOB for quite a long time and with some implication that Simon was the one that called for it in the end. So WTF? If the assistants are kinda like "um, actually I'd handle this a lot differently" and the fans don't care for it and some of the players were less than thrilled with the extension (per rumor) then just what exactly was keeping JOB around so much?

Back in the day I remember watching an episode on "Little House on the Prarie", and in that episode the whole family (Laura, Marry, & Pa Ingles) were going to some out of town event, but Ma Ingles stayed back, in part to make some pie's. After the family left, Ma scratched her leg on a wire & it got infected. The whole episode flashed back from Laura, Marry & Pa liv'n it up at the event/ gathering, while Ma Ingles watched her leg get red'er & red'er (infection!). Ma's leg got in a real bad way & she started reading bible scripture for guidence. One particular scripture alluded to infection & said "cut it off", making you think that is what she would do. In the mean time, Pa noticed Ma missed her deadline for meeting up w/ the family & went after Ma. (Doc went w/ Pa "just in case"). Pa & Doc found Ma passed out on the floor after cutting out the infection by herself. Per Doc, she did so at "just the right time, only a trained doctor could have made that call". Ma recovered & life on the Prarie went on....

So, why the story? :confused:
What? Were you not listening, or paying attention?...

See,.... JO'B was the infection, Larry was Ma, & Frank was the knife! (dugh!!!)

Timing was EVERYTHING!!!
JO'B had to have been at his lowest, Team had to be at it's lowest, & the schedule had to offer time for recovery. This is just another example of how life imitates art, that imitates real life.

Thankyou for reading another edisode of:

"Little Field House on the Parrie"
(cast)
-Infection: JO'B
-Ma: Larry Bird
-Pa: Mr. Simom
-Doc: Fan base
-Knife: Franky V.

McKeyFan
02-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Back in the day I remember watching an episode on "Little House on the Prarie", and in that episode the whole family (Laura, Marry, & Pa Ingles) were going to some out of town event, but Ma Ingles stayed back, in part to make some pie's. After the family left, Ma scratched her leg on a wire & it got infected. The whole episode flashed back from Laura, Marry & Pa liv'n it up at the event/ gathering, while Ma Ingles watched her leg get red'er & red'er (infection!). Ma's leg got in a real bad way & she started reading bible scripture for guidence. One particular scripture alluded to infection & said "cut it off", making you think that is what she would do. In the mean time, Pa noticed Ma missed her deadline for meeting up w/ the family & went after Ma. (Doc went w/ Pa "just in case"). Pa & Doc found Ma passed out on the floor after cutting out the infection by herself. Per Doc, she did so at "just the right time, only a trained doctor could have made that call". Ma recovered & life on the Prarie went on....

So, why the story? :confused:
What? Were you not listening, or paying attention?...

See,.... JO'B was the infection, Larry was Ma, & Frank was the knife! (dugh!!!)

Timing was EVERYTHING!!!
JO'B had to have been at his lowest, Team had to be at it's lowest, & the schedule had to offer time for recovery. This is just another example of how life imitates art, that imitates real life.

Thankyou for reading another edisode of:

"Little Field House on the Parrie"
(cast)
-Infection: JO'B
-Ma: Larry Bird
-Pa: Mr. Simom
-Doc: Fan base
-Knife: Franky V.
I wanted to thank your post for the effort . . . but it was just too dumb.

McKeyFan
02-05-2011, 01:59 AM
People keep mentioning that Portland is an injury depleted team, but pretty much the same players beat us a couple weeks ago.

This time, we won by 15 or so. And the difference would be . . . . ?

cdash
02-05-2011, 02:01 AM
People keep mentioning that Portland is an injury depleted team, but pretty much the same players beat us a couple weeks ago.

Camby played, they were at home, we were on the end of a road trip, uhhh....there something else I'm missing?

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Camby played, they were at home, we were on the end of a road trip, uhhh....there something else I'm missing?

I dont think Camby played i may be wrong but i doubt it.(ala Chuck Barkley:laugh:)

Yao
02-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Though in this 3 teams..It including the Raptors & Cavaliers..But I still feel so exciting~~~

A nice day~~

PacerGuy
02-05-2011, 02:04 AM

Yeah.
-Camby did not play, he has already under gone surgery.
-Miller only played 2 min's ten left pukeing.

It is a win, & regardless of when, who, how, thy are ALL good!!!

cdash
02-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I dont think Camby played i may be wrong but i doubt it.(ala Chuck Barkley:laugh:)

He didn't? Eh, I didn't watch the game anyways. :laugh:

PacerGuy
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
I wanted to thank your post for the effort . . . but it was just too dumb.

:cry:
LHOTP Hater!!! :mad:

I knew I should have gone w/ my "ALF" analogy....

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah.
-Camby did not play, he has already under gone surgery.
-Miller only played 2 min's ten left pukeing.

It is a win, & regardless of when, who, how, thy are ALL good!!!

god my meomory sucks i forgot about Andre ya he didnt play ethier pretty much. it was Posey on Aldrich and leaving Batum open for 3s down the stretch which cost us.

Merz
02-05-2011, 02:14 AM
:cry:
I knew I should have gone w/ my "ALF" analogy....

It doesn't matter what point you're trying to make, you always go with ALF.

Kemo
02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
I laugh out loud every time I hear the name Luke Babbitt.

For whatever reason, every time I hear his name, my mind wanders to remembering John Bobbitt... and a male's tendancy towards sophomoric humor takes over. I suppose saying that Babbitt, was "terrified" helped me make the connection.

Oh, well.

lmao, thats funny, cause everytime i hear his name, i think of the movie Rainman...
"I'm chahlie baaaaahbitt .... Chahlie Bahhhbitttt! "

lol

RM31
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
A crazy game. A crazy night...I am so exciting about our future!!

joeyd
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
as long as he doenst turn into dennis rodman, he can wear uggz or whatever whenever he wants.
foster and rodman, very similar players.

Style may be similar, but Rodman was a crazy man on and off the court. Jeff knows how to get away with things, and may have a reputation as a dirty player to some teams, but I've not seen evidence of this (he doesn't do what any other bigs haven't done before).

pizza guy
02-05-2011, 02:31 AM
What a fun game to watch. It wasn't like anyone in particular took over and dominated (though, Granger had a very good game), but we managed to just beat Portland tonight. It just seemed like the Pacers were better in every aspect tonight.

And the post-game presser from Vogel was AWESOME. Loved that.

Very fun game, very fun team, very exciting future. It's nice to have this back. And it's nice to hear the crowd at Conseco for a change. Can you imagine if that place actually sold out nightly and Hibbert and DC and George got to put on a show and have the whole place behind them? We talk a lot about the confidence these guys are growing, and that would be an even bigger boost. I'm hoping to make my way to a game this month to add my voice to the crowd.

GO PACERS!

Hoop
02-05-2011, 02:39 AM
god my meomory sucks i forgot about Andre ya he didnt play ethier pretty much. it was Posey on Aldrich and leaving Batum open for 3s down the stretch which cost us.
That was also the game PG24 had 7 points in 7 minutes in the first half and didn't play in the 2nd half.
Typical JOB nonsense.

Sookie
02-05-2011, 04:18 AM

His shot was off tonight (way off..I can't remember the last time I saw him brick two free throws in a row) And Portland played a zone which just..showcased that Price's shot was off.

He's been mediocre. With the exception of the Chicago game and the Golden state game (worst and best) he's been pretty mediocre for what he's shown. But quite frankly, he's been a good backup PG anyway. And he still needs to get comfortable in the new offense. AJ hasn't gotten to play like a real PG in a year and a half now..

Regardless, every young player on this team has struggled at some point. And quite frankly, AJ's just been "mediocre" and those other guys had opportunities to work through it. We talk about what JOB did to Roy..well compared to what JOB did to AJ, what he did to Roy was a cake walk.

I like that Vogel said AJ is good enough to start in this league. He is. And more importantly, I'd imagine AJ knows he's not playing at his best, and it'll be nice to hear his coach say it. (And not get benched after the compliment.)

So yes, I'm a fangirl..but logically, benching AJ after 7 games of mediocre play..thats silly. And right now, DC is playing well (see what giving young players minutes does..) So AJ can work through his "struggles."

And totally unrelated. I love that the one shot Paul George hit tonight, was when he got his ISO to end the quarter.

maragin
02-05-2011, 06:24 AM

It wouldn't surprise me that part of getting the rest of his contract money is staying quiet. Supposedly, SVG had to in Miami the year that Riley swooped in and took a ring. (citation needed)

If I were king, I'd like to hear JOB in the booth for a Pacers game. Maybe for just a quarter, and probably pair him with Slick. Wait... I've got it... (Warning, incoming crazy-talk)

If we're in the hunt for a playoff spot late in the season, I'd like JOB to give the pre-game speech for the team for an important game. Encourage them, praise them and Frank for the strides they've made and tell them he's proud of the team they've become. Walk out to the court, do a quick interview with Stacy, a quarter with the commentators and the camera shows him clapping when we win the game. I always thought Jim was classy, even though I opposed his hire from day 1.

Wow, rereading that shows my mind was pretty deep in fantasyland. I think less rum tonight would have been a good idea. Instead of deleting, I guess I'll just hit Submit Reply.

Go Pacers.

Hoop
02-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Anyone find a clip of PG's ISO drive and shot to end the 3rd? he had a poor shooting night but that was sweet.

spazzxb
02-05-2011, 06:36 AM

This observation is no more valuable than blaming Vogel for not blowing out the Cavs. No-one should blame Vogel if we loose to the heat either.

NuffSaid
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Great win. Discuss.

It's about coach making the adjustments when he needs to. Take what Vogel did in the 2nd-half (4Q I think...I'll have to review the play-by-play to confirm). Hibbert and Foster were in deep foul trouble (Hibbert had 4, Foster had atleast 3). What does Vogel do? He plays both Hansborough AND Jmac...very unexpected, but it's exactly the kind of "adjustment" that needed to be made. Here, you had two energy players who are quick w/their rotations and who had been very effective defensively. Had Vogel rotated for Posey or Solo, the defensive eneregy likely would have dropped off and the fouls and turnovers Posey and Solo would have certainly committed would have given Portland the momentum. Not only did Vogel improvise, but he went with his gut. He had a good feel for the game-time-situation and trusted his players. They didn't let him down.

That's the kind of head coach you want for your team! I'm really liking this guy...ALOT! (I'm 2-steps away from having a man-crush. j/k...:p )

Unclebuck
02-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Who are you talking to?

I know it's not to a lot of us, if you've been reading what we've written.

I cannot keep track of who said what. But there were dozens maybe hundreds of posts that suggested they weren't criticizing Jim O'Brien because of the record but because he didn't play and failed to develope the young guys. I could find examples if you don't remember

McKeyFan
02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I love that the one shot Paul George hit tonight, was when he got his ISO to end the quarter.
Was that not phenomenal? I hope that is a harbinger of things to come.

P.S. AJ must be impressing Vogel somehow because he is getting a lot of minutes.

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Was that not phenomenal? I hope that is a harbinger of things to come.

I think it is. Once he gains strength and his body matures, he will be one of the best wings in the east. With his ability to defend, he has the potential to be a great one. It may all depend on his mentality and what he wants to do.

I know it's been said before, but I think he is similar to McGrady with a little Vince Carter and defense mixed in.

The best thing? He is extremely aggressive on the offensive end and appears to be comfortable being "the man". Very scary indeed.

Eleazar
02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
His shot was off tonight (way off..I can't remember the last time I saw him brick two free throws in a row) And Portland played a zone which just..showcased that Price's shot was off.

He's been mediocre. With the exception of the Chicago game and the Golden state game (worst and best) he's been pretty mediocre for what he's shown. But quite frankly, he's been a good backup PG anyway. And he still needs to get comfortable in the new offense. AJ hasn't gotten to play like a real PG in a year and a half now..

Regardless, every young player on this team has struggled at some point. And quite frankly, AJ's just been "mediocre" and those other guys had opportunities to work through it. We talk about what JOB did to Roy..well compared to what JOB did to AJ, what he did to Roy was a cake walk.

I like that Vogel said AJ is good enough to start in this league. He is. And more importantly, I'd imagine AJ knows he's not playing at his best, and it'll be nice to hear his coach say it. (And not get benched after the compliment.)

So yes, I'm a fangirl..but logically, benching AJ after 7 games of mediocre play..thats silly. And right now, DC is playing well (see what giving young players minutes does..) So AJ can work through his "struggles."

And totally unrelated. I love that the one shot Paul George hit tonight, was when he got his ISO to end the quarter.

You also have to consider this is the first time that Price has really gotten to play this season. It might as well be November for him, and typically (non-rookie) players overall play better as the season goes on. It could take some time for Price to get up to speed with the rest of the league.

TooBigNdaPaint
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Great win. Discuss.

Validates what most Pacer fans have ALL believed about JOB. Too damn arrogant and bull-headed to match HIS system to the TALENT level around him. Thank GOD that someone (i.e. GOD, common sense, or Mr. Simon) finally persuaded LB to make the switch on JOB. Now, Frank Vogel is establishing schemes, player rotations, and makes in-game substitutions that actually make "sense" to even the casual fan in Pacerland. Even better, Frank is a 'motivating' individual and 'builds' the confidence of his players instead of 'breaking' them down with stupid comments. Also refreshing is to SEE Paul George, Tyler Hansbrough, Josh McRoberts, and D. Jones getting some serious BURN TIME. Funny what happens when you give MORE minutes to your most athletic players and tell them it OK to make mistakes as long as they make them playing hard. It was inspiring to SEE our young guys challenging SHOTS on each possession. I'd LIKE to see MORE challenging of shots and rebounding help from Paul George (especially). When he ASSERTS himself on offense or defense, good things usually happens and that will translate into more BURN time from Coach Vogel. I'm not sure he gets it yet since he still 'floats' around on the court instead of playing with more pace or intensity. But, I'd still rather see more of PG for a few games (to develop him further) than Dunleavy.

BringJackBack
02-05-2011, 12:32 PM
What a fun game to watch. It wasn't like anyone in particular took over and dominated (though, Granger had a very good game), but we managed to just beat Portland tonight. It just seemed like the Pacers were better in every aspect tonight.

And the post-game presser from Vogel was AWESOME. Loved that.

Very fun game, very fun team, very exciting future. It's nice to have this back. And it's nice to hear the crowd at Conseco for a change. Can you imagine if that place actually sold out nightly and Hibbert and DC and George got to put on a show and have the whole place behind them? We talk a lot about the confidence these guys are growing, and that would be an even bigger boost. I'm hoping to make my way to a game this month to add my voice to the crowd.

GO PACERS!

I strongly agree with everything besides the bolded comment.. I think Hansbrough dominated the game last night with his energy, defense, and intimidation (Lamarcus was scared, and Dre tried taking a cheap shot at him). It was unbelievable.

How someone can go 1-8 and dominate is beyond me.

TooBigNdaPaint
02-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Yeah, I've been screaming to 'release' Lance Stephenson from inactive/nongame playings status but I presume it's because of his pending legal troubles (court date of 25 Feb 11).

TooBigNdaPaint
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I strongly agree with everything besides the bolded comment.. I think Hansbrough dominated the game last night with his energy, defense, and intimidation (Lamarcus was scared, and Dre tried taking a cheap shot at him). It was unbelievable.

Uhhhh......no, Lamarcus was NOT scared of Tyler last night. Alot of NBA players just overreact to Hans being so 'aggressive' on offense and defense.....Lamarcus and dumbo Andre Miller just got added to the list. Andre Miller was also dumb enough to 'hard bump' Blake Griffen out-of-bounds and got 10 days suspension for it. After the NBA reviews his 'conduct' last night against Hans, he may get a few more days because he was definitely 'looking' for trouble last night.

BringJackBack
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Uhhhh......no, Lamarcus was NOT scared of Tyler last night. Alot of NBA players just overreact to Hans being so 'aggressive' on offense and defense.....Lamarcus and dumbo Andre Miller just got added to the list.

Andre Miller was also dumb enough to 'hard bump' Blake Griffen out-of-bounds and got 10 days suspension for it. After the NBA reviews his 'conduct' last night, he may get a few more days because he was definitely 'looking' for trouble last night.

Did you see the game? Lamarcus is kind of a soft player, and he looked pretty scared..

Hicks
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm still a little mad that Tyler got burned on a wussy flop when he made a nice spin move into a one-hand jam. That would have been sweet, and upon looking at the replay, I felt he was robbed.

BringJackBack
02-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah.. In the game thread I kind of went bananas when they called an offensive foul on that play.

TooBigNdaPaint
02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Did you see the game? Lamarcus is kind of a soft player, and he looked pretty scared..

Yes, I saw the game. Lamarcus doesn't have an inbred 'nasty streak' when on the court (& he didn't have one at Texas). At 6' 11" & 240lbs, he relies on his crazy athleticism (long/lean & quick) & outstanding shooting and Post skills to beat most opposing PF's. When PF Hans (6'9" 250lbs) matched up against him, Lamarcus felt his height/size advantage would intimidate the shorter (but slightly heavier) Hans in the Post but Hans didn't blink and seemed to LOVE the competitive matchup with Aldridge (plus he knew 7'2" Hibbert had his back in case Lamarcus beat him with an insane Post move). The LOOK you saw was more of embarrassed on getting outplayed and outsmarted by the Pacer team to foul him OUT.....heh, heh, heh.

xIndyFan
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
fwiw, i thought aldridge just wasn't into the game last night. which is a good thing for the B&G. some games are like that. he spent a lot of time reaching instead of moving. and only tried to post the pacer PF a handful of times.

segue, all of you who want nate mcmillian as the greatest coach ever, need to rethink your position. i thought nate did a horrible horrible job of attacking the pacer defense. portland did nothing to attack the pacer defense int he post. nothing to attack collison with andre miller in the post. almost no drives into the paint. just lots of jump shots. pretty sad coaching effort. the zone defense was nice, but that's about it. :laugh:

TooBigNdaPaint
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
fwiw, i thought aldridge just wasn't into the game last night. which is a good thing for the B&G. some games are like that. he spent a lot of time reaching instead of moving. and only tried to post the pacer PF a handful of times.

segue, all of you who want nate mcmillian as the greatest coach ever, need to rethink your position. i thought nate did a horrible horrible job of attacking the pacer defense. portland did nothing to attack the pacer defense int he post. nothing to attack collison with andre miller in the post. almost no drives into the paint. just lots of jump shots. pretty sad coaching effort. the zone defense was nice, but that's about it. :laugh:

This may explain Lamarus Aldridge sour-puss face all night and lackluster performance:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/02/indiana_100_portland_87_pacers.html

Quote: "But the real anger came when a disqualified Aldridge came to the bench. Veteran Marcus Camby, in street clothes as he rehabilitates his left knee, broke some news to Aldridge: NBA commissioner David Stern had picked Minnesota's Kevin Love as the All-Star replacement for injured Houston center Yao Ming. For the rest of the game, Aldridge sat tight-lipped with his arms crossed at his waist. "

rexnom
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't see the relevance. You'd think LA would want to eviscerate his next competition after the all-star snub.

PacerHound
02-05-2011, 01:26 PM

I was one of those guys and I could not be happier as a fan. I love it and I am having fun watching it all. The wins are icing on the cake but I expect losses on the way starting Tuesday night. I will not be letting it get me down. What a difference this coaching change has made. Far better than even I dreamed of.

Justin Tyme
02-05-2011, 01:40 PM
It wouldn't surprise me that part of getting the rest of his contract money is staying quiet.

I doubt that there was a clause in his contract that stated he couldn't talk, and my guess is his contract guaranteed him his money if fired. It just behooves Jimmy not to say anything negative as he's now trying to find employment.

pizza guy
02-05-2011, 01:42 PM

Dominated might be a little strong, though his impact on the game was certainly large. I don't know about Aldridge being scared, but he and Miller were both frustrated by Hans. I love having the guy that gets under people's skin on our team.

Also, whether it was a call made by Vogel or if Tyler did it on his own, when Hans went right at Aldridge and got him to foul out, it was a very heads up, aggressive play. And Tyler's reaction was great. He missed the shot, but he was so jacked up because he knew LA going out was a BIG deal. That's smart basketball, something we were never accused of under O'Brien.

It's been mentioned, but the focus on getting to the foul line (from the whole team) has to be the best part of the coaching change. Winning teams get to the line and convert. It's the best way to control a game because even when your jumpers aren't falling, free throws probably will, and you get to jack up the opponent's rotations by getting them in foul trouble.

That's how the Pacers almost (should've) beat the Magic earlier this year. Roy went at Howard and got him in foul trouble. Of course, in the second half, Howard went nuts anyways, but the ground work was laid.

If anyone dominated, though, it was Danny. 25/9 from him, with solid defense and few turnovers is a good game. He took good shots and got free throws. It was a good game for Danny.

BlueNGold
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM
This may explain Lamarus Aldridge sour-puss face all night and lackluster performance:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/02/indiana_100_portland_87_pacers.html

Quote: "But the real anger came when a disqualified Aldridge came to the bench. Veteran Marcus Camby, in street clothes as he rehabilitates his left knee, broke some news to Aldridge: NBA commissioner David Stern had picked Minnesota's Kevin Love as the All-Star replacement for injured Houston center Yao Ming. For the rest of the game, Aldridge sat tight-lipped with his arms crossed at his waist. "

Got some news for LaMarcus. He's not in Kevin Love's zip code.

Also, while he is a good player, LaMarcus is soft. McMillan knows that and that's why Priz came in to guard Hans.

Hicks
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't see the relevance. You'd think LA would want to eviscerate his next competition after the all-star snub.

Well, you might have thought that heading into last night's game, too.

TheDon
02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
That was also the game PG24 had 7 points in 7 minutes in the first half and didn't play in the 2nd half.
Typical JOB nonsense.

What's funny about that is at halftime I joked "sounds like DNP-CD material to me" and spazz tried to criticize it as obie hate and then obie went on to prove me right by not playing him all second half.

McKeyFan
02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Validates what most Pacer fans have ALL believed about JOB. Too damn arrogant and bull-headed to match HIS system to the TALENT level around him. Thank GOD that someone (i.e. GOD, common sense, or Mr. Simon) finally persuaded LB to make the switch on JOB. Now, Frank Vogel is establishing schemes, player rotations, and makes in-game substitutions that actually make "sense" to even the casual fan in Pacerland. Even better, Frank is a 'motivating' individual and 'builds' the confidence of his players instead of 'breaking' them down with stupid comments. Also refreshing is to SEE Paul George, Tyler Hansbrough, Josh McRoberts, and D. Jones getting some serious BURN TIME. Funny what happens when you give MORE minutes to your most athletic players and tell them it OK to make mistakes as long as they make them playing hard. It was inspiring to SEE our young guys challenging SHOTS on each possession. I'd LIKE to see MORE challenging of shots and rebounding help from Paul George (especially). When he ASSERTS himself on offense or defense, good things usually happens and that will translate into more BURN time from Coach Vogel. I'm not sure he gets it yet since he still 'floats' around on the court instead of playing with more pace or intensity. But, I'd still rather see more of PG for a few games (to develop him further) than Dunleavy.
That was an EXCELLENT post, it REALLY was.

I kid, but the content was good.

McKeyFan
02-05-2011, 04:05 PM
In the post game locker room interview, Paul George said the P's have "two great offensive rebounders." Who's he talking about besides Foster?

Roy? Tyler?

pacer4ever
02-05-2011, 04:10 PM
In the post game locker room interview, Paul George said the P's have "two great offensive rebounders." Who's he talking about besides Foster?

Roy? Tyler?

Tyler

Anthem
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I cannot keep track of who said what. But there were dozens maybe hundreds of posts that suggested they weren't criticizing Jim O'Brien because of the record but because he didn't play and failed to develope the young guys. I could find examples if you don't remember
I'm in that boat... most of those examples are of me saying that exact same thing.

Of course it's more fun to win than to lose. But if Obie had been playing this style of basketball with this rotation, I'd have bought League Pass earlier in the season.

spazzxb
02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
What's funny about that is at halftime I joked "sounds like DNP-CD material to me" and spazz tried to criticize it as obie hate and then obie went on to prove me right by not playing him all second half.

Wow, someone carrys a grudge.

Anthem
02-09-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm in that boat... most of those examples are of me saying that exact same thing.

Of course it's more fun to win than to lose. But if Obie had been playing this style of basketball with this rotation, I'd have bought League Pass earlier in the season.

Buck, this game is a great example of what I'm talking about.