PDA

View Full Version : Bird not trading Granger

Really?
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Finally some good news... so lets put some of this talk to rest...

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/2011/02/03/larry-bird-is-keeping-all-options-open-but-trading-danny-granger

“There are rumblings the Pacers might trade him,” Bird said of Granger. “He’s been a trooper, and I’d rather bring people in here to help him out rather than to trade him. I sat him down and told him what we were going to do three years ago, and he was all in. He gets frustrated, but that’s all.

“The thing is, if he ever came to me and asked me if I would trade him, that’s different. But Danny has never done that.”

Pacers4Life
02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Haha my man.. This is posted. I've done it.. It happens. I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless

thelostpacer
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
keep danny throw away tj and djr that all i ask

thefeistyone
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
thank goodness, I never did understand trading your best proven player for a player with unproven potential, ie draft picks or players with "upside"

Granger at worst is an above average 3, I don't know if anyone can argue that.

croz24
02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
because teams with guys like granger as their best player never amount to anything

Trophy
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Paul is going to pass Danny as this team's star player in a few years.

I'm excited to see those 2 in a wing lineup.

ilive4sports
02-03-2011, 05:16 PM
because teams with guys like granger as their best player never amount to anything

We're not going to trade Granger and get a player better than him though.

BringJackBack
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM

... He's going to probably be our third/fourth best player in two/three years.

..Collison, George, free agent, maybe Hibbert..

:sigh:

Merz
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Not that I don't agree with you...but I've never liked that argument when it came to trading Granger. Does Granger have to be the best player on whatever team he is on? Can't he be a good 2nd option on this team? If Paul George lives up to his potential he should be the #1 option.

I'd be fine with trading Granger, depending on who they can get for him, mainly because he might be out of his prime by the time George, Collison, Hibbert are in theirs. There's still plenty of time until that comes into fruition.

croz24
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
We're not going to trade Granger and get a player better than him though.

at one point, every player that has played in this league was considered "unproven". if the pacers ever want to win a title, they will need to take a chance on an unproven talent. if you give half the players in the league the chance to take as many shots on a nightly basis that granger does, they too would average 20+ppg.

ilive4sports
02-03-2011, 05:24 PM
at one point, every player that has played in this league was considered "unproven". if the pacers ever want to win a title, they will need to take a chance on an unproven talent. if you give half the players in the league the chance to take as many shots on a nightly basis that granger does, they too would average 20+ppg.

Who is this unproven player that we can trade him for? Seriously? We have taken chances on unproven talent. His name is Paul George. He is on track to be a very, very special player.

I'd like to see how many players could deal with the defenses keyed in on them like they are against Granger and still average 20ppg. Don't act like Granger is a nobody. We aren't in a position to get unproven talent right now. We were in that position 3 years ago. Now this team if finally starting to take shape. Trading Granger is putting us back another 3 years.

vnzla81
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I am OK with no trading Granger this year, we need to find out what we have in this last 30+ games, I have a feeling that by the end of the year we are going to be confident that we already have our point guard(DC), SG(PG),SF(Danny) and Center of the future(Roy) I'm not sure about the PF position though.