PDA

View Full Version : 2/2/2011 Game Thread #46: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

LG33
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
We cannot and will not beat Portland with similar play.

Eddie Gill
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I've always found the expression "ugly win" to be an oxymoron, but there's no other way to describe this one. I was impressed with how we repeatedly fended off Cavs runs in the second half. Obviously we'd like to see some of the sloppy play and careless TOs improve, but for now, I'm happy eeking out wins however we can get them.

Jon Theodore
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Did anyone else see when the camera panned to Vogel after Roy missed that pass from Granger. He was very calm, actually smiling and making some motions to Roy
(i assume). A lot of coaches would have been pissed and just yanked roy.

Jon Theodore
02-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Did anyone else see when the camera panned to Vogel after Roy missed that pass from Granger. He was very calm, actually smiling and making some motions to Roy

Jon Theodore
02-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Sookie
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
This was a really good test for the younger guys.

They were expected to win. They had the refs blantanly against them. They weren't playing well..and they still got the win. (granted it was against the Cavs..)

There are some things that need to be fixed..and I know everyone would have preferred PG, but I understood why he went with Dun.

We've got to fix the turnovers..our offense..and our defense..but we'll need some practice with that. (And our turnovers did decrease..) And against good teams, Danny's got to play much better. Personally I don't think he took this team seriously..

Sookie
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't know, Pacers defense has fallen apart, now it started before JOB was fired, but it has really slipped. No where near what it was for the first two months of the season. Keep in mind the pacers won the first three games against the Cavs rather easily.

JOB would have played Jeff and Posey the last 6 minutes of the game and I think that would have helpd the pacers defense. But Roy and Josh have to leran, but Roy was taken advantage of defensively for most of the game.

JOB would have played Jeff and Posey the last 6 minutes of the game and I think that would have helped the pacers defense. But Roy and Josh have to learn, Roy was taken advantage of defensively for most of the game

That's why we would have lost. JOB would have too.

Look, Pacers defense was great with Rush in the game playing well, Granger playing good defense, Josh in there, and Hibbert confident.

Well, Rush is out..and Dun and Collison are a god awful backcourt defensive combination. Danny isn't playing defense at the level that he was. Josh has got to adjust himself, and Hibbert isn't as confident.

That stuff will come in time, I think, with a more stable rotation..but I do feel like we're going to have to move Dun to the second unit and put Rush in with the starters.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I think that this website hates me.. I wanted to do a post game thread for once (It would be nice if we could start doing it again) and it won't let me :(.

duke dynamite
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Phew...

Cleveland is going to win sooner or later. I'm just glad it wasn't against us.

Basketball Fan
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm just glad we didn't lose to Cleveland. They'll probably beat the Wizards though since they can't win on the road.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Can someone start a post-game thread? There's a lot of things to talk about..

MarvelousMarvin
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm just glad we didn't lose to Cleveland. They'll probably beat the Wizards though since they can't win on the road.

that'll be an interesting game

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Our defense needs to tighten up. We gave up 112 points to the Cavs and they only average 93.6 ppg. That is bad. Obviously having the refs just let them shoot 44 free throws.

Man judging by the game thread you would have though Danny had 5 points and did absolutely nothing yet he still had 23 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 3 blocks. He didnt shoot well and had 4 TO's but seriously the game thread was ridiculous.

Unclebuck
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Our defense needs to tighten up. We gave up 112 points to the Cavs and they only average 93.6 ppg. That is bad. Obviously having the refs just let them shoot 44 free throws.

Pacers were called for a lot of fouls because they fouled a lot.

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Pacers were called for a lot of fouls because they fouled a lot.

True, but I definitely felt like the refs called this game extra tight.

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Interesting to see Paul George get to try and close out a Qtr. I like that Vogel has confidence in him, too bad he lost his dribble like that.

BringJackBack
02-03-2011, 03:02 AM
I want to say that I'm super-duper happy that we aren't the laughing stock of the NBA right now. We would be had we lost tonight.

presto123
02-03-2011, 03:11 AM
How did Vogel grow on me so quickly? He hasn't done much yet but I really like the guy. Did you see him during the time-outs. Chatting with the guys and giving positive reinforcement. Still early but I kind of hope he gets the job for good:)

PaceBalls
02-03-2011, 03:40 AM
The one thing Vogel has got me excited about is his insistence playing a REAL power forward the whole game, and all the talk he has said about that to the media. I mean that in itself is a huge victory over our previous coach, but I am not ready to give this guy the franchise just because he does the obvious things that any sane person would do...

Let's get a proven coach in here next year who knows what the hell he is doing.

Daniel33
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Did anyone notice Nick Collison having a breakout game?

http://oi55.tinypic.com/eomsm.jpg
from the Cavs Broadcast

duke dynamite
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Did anyone notice Nick Collison having a breakout game?

from the Cavs Broadcast
Well, for a team that is on a 22-game losing streak, a betrayed fanbase, and the fact that it's CLEVELAND...

...I'm sure they just said, "F-it."

xIndyFan
02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
crappy job on defense by josh and tyler. jamison is a decent PF and they couldn't handle him. more evidence that a new PF is needed. :sigh: