PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com Rookie Ladder - PG up to 6th

Rogco
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/

Been loving PGs play lately and glad to see him getting recognition.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
He'll be way up top by the end of the year as long as he continues to get a consistent hight amount of minutes.

eric1516
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I feel bad for Wall. Another 1st pick who is expected to immediately lift his team and put them on his shoulders. No doubt he's a great pg already and will continue to improve but one can only do so much in their rookie year with a terrible team.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh yeah, and NBA.com gets a:

:picard:

From me for putting Landry Fields over John Wall. That's stupid. I don't care if he had a terrible game and Landry had a great game. That's just not right. It's like putting an average big in the MVP race over Amare Stoudamire because Amare had 10 points while the average big had 25 and 10 or something.

righteouscool
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I could see him ending up right under Blake if he continues to improve.

Rogco
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Can't see him getting higher than third if he plays really well. I've got to agree with Bringjackback, Wall has to be above Fields based on the season so far.

Still, more PG, no JOB, and Cleveland and I'm looking forward to tonight's game!

cdash
02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Who would have guessed that Paul George could possibly have a better rookie season than Evan Turner?

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Well it looks like Wall is having an identical season to Derrick Rose's rookie season.

dohman
02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Pg continues to surprise me. What I like most about him is he has no fear.

How many people take it right at Dwight Howard and try to dunk on him. He is going to be a complete stud.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Who would have guessed that Paul George could possibly have a better rookie season than Evan Turner?

I really do think George is better then Turner. But I also don't think Turner is on the right team. I would gladly take him off their hands somehow but that won't happen lol. Anyways yes I believe George will be 2nd by the end of the year behind Griffen. I'm guessing he puts up atleast 20 points tonight with a possible double-double. Mark my words.

Day-V
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't consider Blake Griffin a rookie.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Pg continues to surprise me. What I like most about him is he has no fear.

How many people take it right at Dwight Howard and try to dunk on him. He is going to be a complete stud.

I literally jumped off my couch and yelled when he tried to throw it down over Howard. What if he actually would have done it? I would have fainted lol I may be crazy but does anyone else see him looking a lot like Kevin Durant? I was watching Durant play not long ago on TV and George plays A LOT like him. Maybe I'm crazy.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 03:25 PM
I literally jumped off my couch and yelled when he tried to throw it down over Howard. What if he actually would have done it? I would have fainted lol I may be crazy but does anyone else see him looking a lot like Kevin Durant? I was watching Durant play not long ago on TV and George plays A LOT like him. Maybe I'm crazy.

I dont think he plays like Durant. Durant really doesnt ever get to the rim he settles 2 much for long jumpers.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I dont think he plays like Durant. Durant really doesnt ever get to the rim he settles 2 much for long jumpers.

That is true. I meant like the way he finds his shot and how he creates it. Call me crazy but if George puts hard work into it he can be a Durant but more explosive. He has long arms like Durant too. lol

Sparhawk
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
PG has the potential to be better than Granger and he'll be a stat stuffer.
Hopefully the last game was a better indication of his game. If he can get to the line 4 or 5 times every night, that'll be huge. The Pacers are a great FT shooting team, and I just wish they'd get to the line more.

Rogco
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
The biggest surprise for me with PG is his shot. It looks so smooth. Everytime he puts up a jumper I expect it to go in.

He also has much better body control than I expected, all in all, adds up to a lot of potential in a player that is likable and easy to support.

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM

Not at all.

cdash
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I really do think George is better then Turner. But I also don't think Turner is on the right team. I would gladly take him off their hands somehow but that won't happen lol. Anyways yes I believe George will be 2nd by the end of the year behind Griffen. I'm guessing he puts up atleast 20 points tonight with a possible double-double. Mark my words.

I think Turner's problem is that he is a wing who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He isn't very good off the ball, which is a problem not only in Philly because they have Holiday, but any team that has a ball dominant point guard. For Turner to be effective, he needs to play next to someone like Mo Williams. More of a scoring point guard who doesn't dominate the ball quite so much. That is part of the reason I'd rather have someone like Paul George. He can fit in the wings and doesn't need the ball in his hands constantly to make an impact. Plus, he's already a much better defender than Turner is and I don't ever see that changing.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I think Turner's problem is that he is a wing who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He isn't very good off the ball, which is a problem not only in Philly because they have Holiday, but any team that has a ball dominant point guard. For Turner to be effective, he needs to play next to someone like Mo Williams. More of a scoring point guard who doesn't dominate the ball quite so much. That is part of the reason I'd rather have someone like Paul George. He can fit in the wings and doesn't need the ball in his hands constantly to make an impact. Plus, he's already a much better defender than Turner is and I don't ever see that changing.

Yeah I agree with that. I was very impressed how well George plays defense. I went to a game not too long ago and his hands are very good along with how quick he moves his feet. Also very fun to watch. Hope with the new coaching change the guys can show what they got now that collison seems to have been given the green light.

cdash
02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah I agree with that. I was very impressed how well George plays defense. I went to a game not too long ago and his hands are very good along with how quick he moves his feet. Also very fun to watch. Hope with the new coaching change the guys can show what they got now that collison seems to have been given the green light.

Yeah George does an incredible job for a rookie getting his hands in passing lanes and poking balls away. He stays with his guy pretty well and does an admirable job fighting through screens. His ball gawking has gone down as the season has progressed too. There's just a lot to like with this kid.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah George does an incredible job for a rookie getting his hands in passing lanes and poking balls away. He stays with his guy pretty well and does an admirable job fighting through screens. His ball gawking has gone down as the season has progressed too. There's just a lot to like with this kid.

Definitely. Collison used to be my favorite player on the team but I will say right after the Pacers game I went to I went and bought a George jersey right after the game. No doubt my favorite player now.

cdash
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Definitely. Collison used to be my favorite player on the team but I will say right after the Pacers game I went to I went and bought a George jersey right after the game. No doubt my favorite player now.

:laugh:

Yeah man I'm with you, DC and PG are my two favorites right now. I've come a looong way with PG. I was not a fan of that pick when we made it, and wasn't too excited about the kid at the start of the season. Now, a complete 180. I will be irate if he plays less than 20 minutes in any game for the rest of the season.

Trophy
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
PG is going to make this a proud franchise.

He has some great pieces around him that will make us a really good team in future.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
:laugh:

Yeah man I'm with you, DC and PG are my two favorites right now. I've come a looong way with PG. I was not a fan of that pick when we made it, and wasn't too excited about the kid at the start of the season. Now, a complete 180. I will be irate if he plays less than 20 minutes in any game for the rest of the season.

Totally agree. I still haven't decided whether he should start or not cause I like his energy off the bench but idk we will see. Yeah I was honestly with that group awhile back saying we should trade him for Iggy...now there is no way I would ever do that.

Trophy
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, and NBA.com gets a:

:picard:

From me for putting Landry Fields over John Wall. That's stupid. I don't care if he had a terrible game and Landry had a great game. That's just not right. It's like putting an average big in the MVP race over Amare Stoudamire because Amare had 10 points while the average big had 25 and 10 or something.

I agree.

Landry Fields is decent, but I think people are overrating the fact that he was picked in the second round.

John Wall is playing for a bad team and hasn't been able to play like a good PG should.

90'sNBARocked
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM

very good points, I still say Philly should have taken Demarcus Cousins

cdash
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree.

Landry Fields is decent, but I think people are overrating the fact that he was picked in the second round.

John Wall is playing for a bad team and hasn't been able to play like a good PG should.

Thank you! I swear people are getting so caught up in the story that they are blind to what is actually going on. He's solid, but he's gotten minutes thrown at him in a system that breeds nice numbers.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah I think they, like a lot of other teams, were scared of his attitude. Well that and he was projected to go 2nd a very long time before the draft lol

cdash
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM

I think if they had a do-over they would take Favors, if only because Cousins' scary attitude problems.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Ya i was stuned that they didnt take Cousins but I was more stuned the Twolves passed on Cousins for Wes Johnson.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm STILL scared of Demarcus Cousins. He's got a little bit of that bat-**** craziness in him.

:uhoh:

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Ya i was stuned that they didnt take Cousins but I was more stuned the Twolves passed on Cousins for Wes Johnson.

I don't see anything in Wes Johnson. Never did, never will. I'm happy that they have Wes giving them 9 points in 30 minutes while we have George putting up 7.5 in 16 minutes.

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm STILL scared of Demarcus Cousins. He's got a little bit of that bat-**** craziness in him.

:uhoh:

I said they same thing to my brother when I went to the Kings game. Something about that dude... He's a mean dude.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't see anything in Wes Johnson. Never did, never will. I'm happy that they have Wes giving them 9 points in 30 minutes while we have George putting up 7.5 in 16 minutes.

Ya I really didnt like Wes's game coming out and every time i watch the Twolves makes me like him less. All he is, is a spot up shooter.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Everytime I've seen Cousins too it seems like he shuns his teammates or something. :shrug:

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I said they same thing to my brother when I went to the Kings game. Something about that dude... He's a mean dude.

Yeah, his attitude is like Rasheed Wallace but worse. Not good. People may think I'm crazy but I wouldn't want him on the Pacers team. Just doesn't seem to bring good team chemistry at all. But that could change since he is young.

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, his attitude is like Rasheed Wallace but worse. Not good. People may think I'm crazy but I wouldn't want him on the Pacers team. Just doesn't seem to bring good team chemistry at all. But that could change since he is young.

He's getting better. The thing is he has zero respect for Westphal, they go at it a lot. I think he will get better as he matures though.

Trophy
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Thank you! I swear people are getting so caught up in the story that they are blind to what is actually going on. He's solid, but he's gotten minutes thrown at him in a system that breeds nice numbers.

Even now I think PG is the better player.

It's obvious he's going to be a way better player.

I've seen Fields and I wouldn't disagree with him being a second round pick.

He doesn't look like he's going to have the potential to be a star like PG will someday.

I think we got a steal in Lance too.

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Yes, and even in that system he's only averaging 10 - 7. On any other team it would be 6-7 points, and 4-5 rebounds. What a star.

michealwilliams4
02-02-2011, 05:19 PM

I agree about his attitude. I don't know if it will ever actually improve in a way that can be beneficial to a successful team. It just seems like we'll associate him with perpetual underachieving, despite whatever numbers he puts up. I think he's playing for that 100 million dollar contract, and he's finished after that, honestly.