PDA

View Full Version : If Karl Malone became a Pacer, what would YOU do...

Slick Pinkham
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
he seems to be open to being recruited

Arcadian
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I'd be happy. Whatever makes us better.

Destined4Greatness
09-13-2004, 11:10 PM
The Third and Sixth but I voted for the satan one.

We have a loyal old guy going for ring, no reason to tarnish the team with Malones treason. Plus he is cursed.

tora tora
09-13-2004, 11:34 PM
no way, he's a senior citizen... he'll only slow them down.

Anthem
09-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I'd take Karl. He'd be a pretty good option for us.

Of course, I strongly doubt he'd come off the bench, which means that he'd push JO to center. In a conference with Shaq, that's not pleasant for me.

If he'd take half the midlevel (all we have left) and he's willing to come off the bench, then I'd jump at it. But if both of those things are true, then I'd imagine there'd be a lot of teams after him.

Edit: It would be interesting to have Karl and Reggie on the same team... they were sniping at each other last summer. But if they both came off the bench, it would really help the team.

beast23
09-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Agreed, Anthem.

I think he'd go a long way in filling our present need.

I've never liked Malone, I've always believed him to be a dirty player. And, at his advanced age, he's not exactly a defensive warrior.

But he'll give you everything he has every night out, and he would provide that 4th contributing player that we need so badly in our frontcourt.

If we had Malone, I'd bring him off the bench. And with Malone in the 2nd unit, I'd definitely be for bringing Reggie off the bench with him.

I think Reggie's got the smarts to play a very good two-man game off of Malone and really put a spark into the 2nd unit.

By the way. I voted puke, puke, cheer.

Hoop
09-14-2004, 01:51 AM
I voted puke, puke again, then cheer

He still has 2 good years left. I always liked him at Utah. He's a dirty sum*****, draws alot of Fouls with his knees, throws alot of cheap shots, yep we could use him. :devil:

Peck
09-14-2004, 03:20 AM
I'd :dancers:

It wouldn't even be a question for me.

Mr. Foster meet Mr. Bench.

Unclebuck
09-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Sign him, it would be a great pickup. There is nothing to lose. I doubt he will stay healthy for more than 50 games or so, but as long as he is healthy for the playoffs. SIGN HIM.

Beast23, you say he is not a defensive warrior. I don't agree at all. He is not a shot blocker, but he is extremely strong, very smart, and is very good defending low post players. Look at what he did to TD and KG, he defended them as well as anyone could. In fact his defense is the best part about his game right now.

Malone and J.O would work very well together at both ends of the court, karl is a great passer, in fact his passing is the best part of his game right no, better than his defense.

Peck, You rarely miss a chance to rip Jeff. :rolleyes:. I would have no problems with Karl starting, he won't play more than 20-25 minutes per game and that leaves the same amount of minutes for Jeff, and I always have believed that Jeff is best around 25 minutes per game. karl woud not take minutes from Jeff he would take then from Croshere

One thing no one has mentioned is that Karl is a great laeder. All last season everyone said that karl was perhaps the only reason the Lakers stayed together as well as they did. Karl was the glue for the lakers.

Sign Him. Before the Heat get him

Doug
09-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Sign him.

Now.

And I'm not a big Malone fan.

Skaut_Ech
09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
If we got him and won the title, it stench of Malone would be so great I could never enjoy it.

I mean it.

Time and again, Karl has shown himself to be close-minded, insensitive, dirty, inarticulate......Yeah, he can play, but I want more from a guy I'm supposed to root for.

Check this out:

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html

I honestly don't know how some people can have the attitude of "whatever it takes". Certain people I just wouldn't want here, I don't care how talented. Karl is one of them.

tora tora
09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
If we got him and won the title, it stench of Malone would be so great I could never enjoy it.

I mean it.

Time and again, Karl has shown himself to be close-minded, insensitive, dirty, inarticulate......Yeah, he can play, but I want more from a guy I'm supposed to root for.

Check this out:

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html

I honestly don't know how some people can have the attitude of "whatever it takes". Certain people I just wouldn't want here, I don't care how talented. Karl is one of them.

look how he kicked Horry in the nuts.... what a a**hole

sweabs
09-14-2004, 02:41 PM
That website is funny :laugh:

waxman
09-14-2004, 03:28 PM
I vomited in my mouth... a little....just thinking about it....

F Karl Malone...can he backup the 5 spot?....then maybe.

ShadowKat
09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I like Malone, so there. Not my favourite, really (of the old :jazz: starters, that would be John Stockton - and I'm amazed I haven't heard any complaints about him yet!) and yes he was a bit dirty sometimes; but he was also one of the the very few players in the entire league who could successfully guard Shaw - and don't try to tell me the :pacers: couldn't use that!

MSA2CF
09-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Eh. If we sign him, we sign him. If we don't, we don't. I don't think he'll be signed because of the comments between he and Reggie, but, if it comes down to making the team better and getting to the Finals, I'd bet both of them would put the past behind them.

Hicks
09-14-2004, 05:15 PM
I hate his dirty-ness, but he would likely help the team, so I'd deal with it.

Lord Helmet
09-14-2004, 06:12 PM
We need big players sign him before the Heat do!

Kegboy
09-14-2004, 06:39 PM
I like Malone, so there. Not my favourite, really (of the old :jazz: starters, that would be John Stockton - and I'm amazed I haven't heard any complaints about him yet!) and yes he was a bit dirty sometimes; but he was also one of the the very few players in the entire league who could successfully guard Shaw - and don't try to tell me the :pacers: couldn't use that!

Well, since you asked...

Stockton and Malone were two of the dirtiest players I ever saw, made all the worse cause they got away with it every stinking night. I don't mind at all that they never won rings.

That said, he's still a hell of a player. If we got him, I guess I'd just go into denial and refuse to acknowledge his presence. Getting Reggie a ring is worth having to give Karl one, too, but I'd rather not it have to come to that. Just the thought of him wearing an Indiana jersey makes the bile rise in my throat.

But then, it's not gonna happen anyway, so there's nothing to worry about. :tongue:

SoupIsGood
09-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I'd rather have him on our team, because he's a great leader, and he plays dirty.

That last part might seem confusing. I would rather he be throwing elbows at every other team but us, so that the chances of one catching a pacer in the face are minimal.

JOneal7
09-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Unless he gives me about 5 of his "Mailman 32" Wristbands...I say hell no...i picked puke...

TheSauceMaster
09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I would :alcohol::alcohol::alcohol::alcohol:

Then
:grumble::grumble:

Then Chase Donnie Walsh Around
:maniac:

Then
:suicide:

:goodnight:

dannyboy
09-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Didn't Malone refuse to take calls from Joe Dumars last year because, according to him, he "wanted to play for a title contender"? (I forget where I heard that)

Whatever team gets him wil instantly go from contender to pretender. Last season convinced me, after the paper championship that was handed to LA in the preason never materialized.

I don't see him ever winning a title.