PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walton calling Kings C's game

I Love P
02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
On LP for the Kings. Been a while since I've heard him. Jim Gray is their sideline reporter. Both have really hit rock bottom.

Day-V
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't consider Walton to have hit "rock bottom". He simply isn't able to travel and work as much as he used to because of his back troubles.

If he was able, I'm sure ESPN would bring him back to do Primetime Games IMMEDIATELY.

I Love P
02-02-2011, 12:46 AM
OK, I apologize. He is just a guest announcer but the Jim Gray part is true.

Go Pacers.

cdash
02-02-2011, 12:54 AM
I hope he stays far away from national TV. I can't stand Bill Walton.

presto123
02-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Walton is the worst. Remember how bad he was during Pacer broadcasts. He would be dogging the team left and right and as soon as they went on a run and took the lead he would talk about how great they are. This is in the SAME GAME. That used to crack me up about him and I cringed when he was doing the broadcast.:laugh:

mb221
02-02-2011, 01:51 AM
There are certainly things to complain about when it comes to Walton's commentary, but it also certainly never lacks for entertainment. The man is a master of the English language quite simply. The phrases he would come up with out of nowhere were things even Clark Kellogg would have to give him props for.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 01:58 AM
He only does a few games a yr cause of his back

and jim gray only does a few cause of the golf channel

presto123
02-02-2011, 01:58 AM
There are certainly things to complain about when it comes to Walton's commentary, but it also certainly never lacks for entertainment. The man is a master of the English language quite simply. The phrases he would come up with out of nowhere were things even Clark Kellogg would have to give him props for.

Clark is great. One of my favorites.

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Listening to Bill Walton is up there with the Pacers re-acquiring Troy Murphy on my list of annoyances.

BKK
02-02-2011, 02:19 AM
I recommend you read the fun stuff section / nba quotes on shamsports. Some of Walton's (among many others') are priceless :D

here you go : http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/quotes.jsp

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 02:36 AM
I recommend you read the fun stuff section / nba quotes on shamsports. Some of Walton's (among many others') are priceless :D

My favorite that applies here .....

"I feel like Bill Walton - old and ****ty."

- Shaq

Doddage
02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
There was a point in time when I was annoyed by Bill Walton, but after I stopped taking his commentary seriously, he grew on me.

presto123
02-02-2011, 03:10 AM

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading those. Lots on there by Sir Charles. What a surprise:laugh:

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 03:18 AM
There was a point in time when I was annoyed by Bill Walton, but after I stopped taking his commentary seriously, he grew on me.

I honestly tried that. All I kept thinking is if I wanted to see someone do some pseudo comedy that I wouldn't laugh at ... I'd watch a Dane Cook stand up special.

Hoop
02-02-2011, 03:55 AM
I didn't care for Walton on national TV games, but he was hilarious when he use to do the LA Clipper games.

BKK
02-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading those. Lots on there by Sir Charles. What a surprise:laugh:

Jalen and Ronnie have there way too :)