PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bieber, Common to headline Celebrity All Star Game

Basketball Fan
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/01/justin-bieber-common-team-up-for-all-star-celebrity-game/

Justin Bieber, Common team up for All-Star Celebrity Game
Kurt Helin
Feb 1, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
1 Comment Is there any more dreaded part All-Star weekend than the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game? No, not even close. I’d rather watch Kwame Brown doing the skills competition.

But this year — Bieber fever.

Tons of tween girls will tune into that station Daddy watches — ESPN — at 7 p.m. Feb. 17 to see Justin Bieber, Common and Rob Kardashian take on a bunch of old basketball players. What, you don’t think that’s exactly how the tweens see it?

The lineup of players for this year’s event include Magic Johnson (who now moves only slightly faster than his statue in front of Staples), Zach Levi (“Chuck”), Scottie Pippen, Bill Walton (will his ankles hold up for a short exhibition game?), AC Green. B.J. Armstrong, Chris Mullin, Jalen Rose, Jimmy Kimmel (“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”), Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”), Jason Alexander (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Bill Simmons (ESPN.com “Sports Guy” columnist). Other players, including WNBA stars, will be added later.

The only thing worth watching of Friday night of All-Star weekend is the rookie/sophomore game, and if you missed that to catch up on episodes of Merlin we’d understand. But as a service to you with tween daughters — or who are closet Bieber fans — we are passing this along.

All the All-Star events will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

immortality
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Will he even be able to shoot over them...?

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
:yuck: :puke:

Dr. Awesome
02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh gosh...someone get Sprewell in this game and have this fever end soon.

Deadshot
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
KG like picking on small guards, right?

xBulletproof
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey pwee ... you have a unique relationship with Jalen Rose. Convince him to embarrass Bieber.

:laugh:

Scot Pollard
02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
oh man this might be too dangerous for a little kid to be playing with actual former players

there should be a brawl and someone beats him/her up

from what ive read no nba player likes him/her and quite frankly i understand

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
oh man this might be too dangerous for a little kid to be playing with actual former players

there should be a brawl and someone beats him/her up

from what ive read no nba player likes him/her and quite frankly i understand

Hey, you can chance your avatar now. :-p ;) :D :laugh:

Scot Pollard
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey, you can chance your avatar now. :-p ;) :D :laugh:

just did sir! :dance:

cdash
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
In case anyone cares, Simmons and Kimmel are picking the teams.

Scot Pollard
02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
he/she is really fasinated with black guys from what ive been told and seen in the news

i know shaq hates him

poor little girl

Doddage
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Get this kid away from my favorite sport.

Scot Pollard
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Get this kid away from my favorite sport.

and i enjoy watching the celebrity game but now this preteen drama queen ruined it

i hope shaq will do to this kid like he did to brad miller :laugh:
http://www.stylebakeryteen.com/images/justin-bieber-black-eye.jpg

xBulletproof
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I think someone has a elementary school type crush.

huber14
02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I hope everyone boos him when he touches the ball.

ECKrueger
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I hope everyone boos him when he touches the ball.

Agreed. When UINDY played us here, they had a guy who looked similar to him, and the Paint Crew started a jus-tin bei-ber chant. It was pretty funny.

Pacers#1Fan
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Seriously, I'm sick of that little douche bag.

pacer4ever
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Jalen Rose might score 100 pts

pippen 2

Pacersalltheway10
02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Am I the only one that wants him in the game? So he can get his *** beat so bad. I hope he gets posterized.

graphic-er
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm just gonna say that he will be the fastest player on the court. Fast don't lie? I bet he plays surprisingly well.

righteouscool
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Wow, a lot of hate for this 14 year old kid. . .

PacersHomer
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
First lesbian in the Celebrity Game?

Sandman21
02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
What ever happened to that celebrity basketball game where they had the extra baskets suspended above the normal hoop (one worth like 10 points, the highest one was worth something like 30)? That's be more entertaining that seeing a celebrity featuring Bieber (unless he gets his stuff rejected everytime he shoots).....

graphic-er
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
What ever happened to that celebrity basketball game where they had the extra baskets suspended above the normal hoop (one worth like 10 points, the highest one was worth something like 30)? That's be more entertaining that seeing a celebrity featuring Bieber (unless he gets his stuff rejected everytime he shoots).....

I think that was back when it was on MTV no? They could get alot of good celebrity basketball players back then.

LoneGranger33
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Seriously. I'm no fan, but this is quite disturbing.

Hicks
02-01-2011, 10:14 PM

No kidding. Such a waste of time and energy to even try 'hating on' someone like that. It's sad and it's ugly.

rel
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Rock n Jock basketball! i miss those days...Reggie beasted it up back then

Cactus Jax
02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous and insulting that they add WNBA players to this game, I mean shouldnt they be far and away above this crap?

I dont care about the WNBA too much one way or the other but it just seems like a poor way of getting publicity.

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous and insulting that they add WNBA players to this game, I mean shouldnt they be far and away above this crap?

I dont care about the WNBA too much one way or the other but it just seems like a poor way of getting publicity.

They need any publicity they can get honestly. They hope people see what they like from the WNBA players and maybe get interested in the WNBA.

And yeah their certainly is a lot of hate for Bieber. I don't listen to him or anything, but you can't deny that he is talented.

ECKrueger
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM
They need any publicity they can get honestly. They hope people see what they like from the WNBA players and maybe get interested in the WNBA.

And yeah their certainly is a lot of hate for Bieber. I don't listen to him or anything, but you can't deny that he is talented.

I would say that is debatable.

AesopRockOn
02-02-2011, 02:24 AM
You want to see a bunch of older males emasculate themselves? Start a thread on a talented 16 year-old boy who has done more in two years than they will do in two lifetimes.

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 02:34 AM
I would say that is debatable.

The kid can sing and sing well. How is that debatable? Hell he can ever play the drums.

Doddage
02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Wow. There's a lot of people turning this into something it's not. If this were another artist or band, I doubt there'd be all this oversensitivity.

huber14
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
You want to see a bunch of older males emasculate themselves? Start a thread on a talented 16 year-old boy who has done more in two years than they will do in two lifetimes.

at least I will still own my man card while doing it