PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld chat: 2/1/11

focused444
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
hoopsworld.com

Luke Byrnes chat

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1406

Cain in New Zealand:
Can Paul George be a 20ppg scorer in the NBA?

Luke Byrnes:
I think so. He is a very versatile player with a lot of athleticism. I like Paul George's game a lot and he is already playing at a pretty high level. He's going to be a solid starter in the NBA and has All-Star potential... I really thought the Jazz should have swung for the fences with George at No. 9 in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Ray francis in CT:
Danny Granger is more of a Robin than a Batman..Agree??

Luke Byrnes:
I do,and that is no knock to Danny Granger. He is a really, really good player. Scottie Pippen was a Robin. James Worthy was a Robin. Kobe was early in his career. Magic was early in his career. James Worthy was his entire career (at least when they were winning titles).

Eric P in Naptown:
Ding Dong the witch is DEAD! O'Brien out as Pacer coach, Vogel takes over. For the love of God, what took sooo long man?

Luke Byrnes:
I knew I would hear from you today, Eric. Jim O'Brien is very well respected in basketball circles. I'm not sure he's a great head coach, but he knows the game. If last night is any indication, Vogel intends to get the ball to Hibbert and run the offense through their big man. I like that a lot because Hibbert is really improving as a post scorer and is a solid passing big man. Good things for the Pacers fanbase.

Eric P in Naptown:
Luke, with Paul George showing great promise, should we look to trade Granger for a stud SG or PF? Or keep Granger and build through FA or Draft?

Luke Byrnes:
I would be open to trading Danny Granger if I ran the Pacers. Not that he isn't a very good player, but now there is some nice, young talent in Indy with Collison, George and Hibbert. If you can find the right package in return, you have to pull the trigger on a deal including Granger. I wouldn't rush to trade him, but if the right deal came up, he certainly isn't untouchable at this point.

I don't put much stock into these HW chats, but thought I'd pass this along.

O'Braindead
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
P.S.- Eric P in Naptown is 90'sNBARocked.

focused444
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
P.S.- Eric P in Naptown is 90'sNBARocked.

I was wondering who it was.

Sorry if I stole your thunder 90's, and thanks for keeping the Pacers in the chats.

90'sNBARocked
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
I was wondering who it was.

Sorry if I stole your thunder 90's, and thanks for keeping the Pacers in the chats.

No problem bro

They have some quality people over there , its a good site

focused444
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
No problem bro

They have some quality people over there , its a good site

I agree they have some quality writers/basketball analysts, which is why I will always keep tabs on their chats, and articles.

My main thing is to never overreact to rumors I read online because 99% of the time they never pan out. It doesn't really fit the case with this particular chat because these questions are dealing with his opinion not rumors. I agree for the most part with what he's saying.

Tom White
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Magic Johnson was NEVER a Robin! He was an all time great Batman!

SMosley21
02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Magic Johnson was NEVER a Robin! He was an all time great Batman!

The Lakers had Kareem when Magic first came to the NBA. I'm sure that's what the guy was talking about.

danman
02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
The Lakers had Kareem when Magic first came to the NBA. I'm sure that's what the guy was talking about.

Yup. Early in Magic's career, Kareem was option 1 in the half court sets, and the anchor on D when centers still dominated. The reins passed after a couple years, but Kareem was a monster back then.