PDA

View Full Version : The Raptors are still here in Indianapolis due to weather(and Pacers related thoughts)

Basketball Fan
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
So if they're grounded here for today(and possibly tomorrow) what does that mean four the Pacers game vs the Cavs I mean Ohio is getting similar weather as well? So is a third of the nation...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5itCDq-b-p_EcDH2GhlZm6obLSgOQ?docId=5818316

Hosted by Back to Google NewsWinter storm prevents Toronto Raptors from leaving Indianapolis after game
By The Associated Press (CP) 13 hours ago

INDIANAPOLIS The Toronto Raptors are staying in Indianapolis after their game against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night because a huge winter storm developing in the midwest caused their flight to be cancelled.

Team spokesman Jim LaBumbard said the team is checking back into its hotel.

The Raptors, whose 104-93 loss was their 12th straight defeat, are scheduled to play the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday in Atlanta.

The storm took aim at a third of the of the U.S. on Monday, threatening to lay a path of heavy snow and ice from the Rockies to New England. A blizzard watch was in effect for Tuesday and Wednesday for southern Wisconsin, northern Illinois and northwest Indiana.

CableKC
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Again...I think that we must go back to that whole "Hell has frozen over" analogy with JO'B gone.

BillS
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
All flights out of Indianapolis are canceled for today but it looks like a normal schedule tomorrow (at least, I hope so since I have a flight :))

Since it is Cleveland and there's no timezone change, if they get out in the afternoon they'd be OK to be there for the game. Otherwise, does Cleveland have a game Thursday or an away on Friday? If not, they'll turn it into a back-to-back, I'd bet.

MagicRat
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM
According to TJ's twitter, the Pacers sat in the plane for 2 1/2 hours before taking off a few minutes ago.

BillS
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
According to TJ's twitter, the Pacers sat in the plane for 2 1/2 hours before taking off a few minutes ago.

Hey! Why'd they cancel MY flight then? I'm taking this all the way to the top! The TOP, I say!

Unclebuck
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Wait -

Are the Raptors or Pacers stuck in Indy

Bill if the forecasts turns out as bad as predicted, then i doubt any flights will go tomorrow

BillS
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Snow is different than ice, so I am hopeful that by evening tomorrow (Wednesday) they are getting on a somewhat normal schedule. But I am far from certain.

MagicRat
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Raptors are sitting in a plane waiting to get out now. Source: Raptors play by play man Matt Devlin on twitter.

Posted a picture of his plane window coated with ice and one of the outside of the plane with icicles hanging off the wings.

Basketball Fan
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
All flights out of Indianapolis are canceled for today but it looks like a normal schedule tomorrow (at least, I hope so since I have a flight :))

Since it is Cleveland and there's no timezone change, if they get out in the afternoon they'd be OK to be there for the game. Otherwise, does Cleveland have a game Thursday or an away on Friday? If not, they'll turn it into a back-to-back, I'd bet.

Its at Memphis on Friday their next home game is next Wednesday.

If anything it will be bumped to March

pwee31
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Wait -

Are the Raptors or Pacers stuck in Indy

Bill if the forecasts turns out as bad as predicted, then i doubt any flights will go tomorrow

Last night the Raptors were stuck in Indy.

The Pacers just took off minutes ago according to Ford's twitter, after a 2 and a half hour de-icing.

Raptors are working on doing the same thing

xBulletproof
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Posted a picture of his plane window coated with ice and one of the outside of the plane with icicles hanging off the wings.

I think I'd rather not fly after seeing that. I'd need someone to hit me over the head so I don't wake up until we land.

Ice on the wing limits the plane's ability to create lift. No lift equals going down.

pacer4ever
02-01-2011, 02:13 PM

they were suppose to leave last night

Sandman21
02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
For now it's normal. Once round two rolls in, all bets are officially off. Right now we're in the calm before the REALLY BIG storm, so this is the time for them to get out...

BPump33
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Per Brandon's Twitter the team landed safely in Cleveland.

pacer4ever
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Per Brandon's Twitter the team landed safely in Cleveland.

They are about to start pratice accdording to Paul's twitter

LoneGranger33
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I think the Raptors were just looking for an excuse to enjoy Indianapolis for another midwinter's night.

huber14
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
according to twitter Granger just ate lunch and Hansbrough just took a nap.

BillS
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
according to twitter Granger just ate lunch and Hansbrough just took a nap.

s/ n/ cr/

HTH
HAND

Pacerfan
02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Poor Raptors.... sat on the plane for 5 hours and were told to head back to the hotel. Good thing Pacers got out when they did.

pwee31
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Poor Raptors.... sat on the plane for 5 hours and were told to head back to the hotel. Good thing Pacers got out when they did.

That situation happened to me last year trying to get to the Super Bowl.

Had a lay over in Charlotte, ended up waiting like 8 hours b/c the airline kept saying they were de-icing a plane coming out of Pittsburgh and that it was on it's way.

We sat around while others got on wait-lists for other flights, and they ended up canceling the flight late Saturday night, and we got put up in a hotel in Charlotte, instead of getting to Miami Saturday night :(