PDA

View Full Version : More reason to dislike KG?

90'sNBARocked
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
And now, well, we can add ball boys to the growing list of those who despise him. According to Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports, a boy asked KG for his autograph. He responded in kind with, “You got a better chance of catching Bin Laden.” Guyism.com
Rumors tagsBoston Celtics, Kevin Garnett | share Share on FacebookShare on twitterComment on HoopsHype forums

What a thing to tell a kid

I used to love this cat, but Im starting to really change my tune

MarvelousMarvin
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
yeah i saw this and just shook my head but wasn't surprised at all

tadscout
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I think (and have thought for awhile) he is one of the biggest jerks in the league... this just proves it even more...

ChristianDudley
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
This isn't even close to as bad as some of the things I've heard him say to people, even kids, over the years regarding autographs--KG doesn't sign and most people know that. But he's not the only one, even some scrubs can be like that--some may even cuss out kids at times. It's really not that big of a deal...

Dr. Awesome
01-31-2011, 11:56 PM
This isn't even close to as bad as some of the things I've heard him say to people, even kids, over the years regarding autographs--KG doesn't sign and most people know that. But he's not the only one, even some scrubs can be like that--some may even cuss out kids at times. It's really not that big of a deal...

Actually it is.

To me anyway. You don't say stuff like that to kids. If he didn't want to sign an autograph, thats no big deal. But to turn around and say something like that is wrong and unnecessary.

jeffg-body
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
He is and always will be a *ick.

grace
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Can't wait for KG and Doc to try and put a possitive spin on this. :rolleyes:

CircleCity3318
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
I hate kg he's just a punk no other way around it than that.

ECKrueger
02-01-2011, 01:20 AM
While not a good thing, I get the feeling he is a much different person on the court than off. That doesn't give him a pass, but I don't think that is him.

I know I, for example, have been kind of surprised at things I have said on the court looking back.

duke dynamite
02-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I really hope this makes big news. This story needs to spread. This kind of behavior is ridiculous.

CircleCity3318
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
I mean seriously? Your gonna say that to a kid? I could understand him saying that to a grown man but a kid? I'd expect more oh wait no that's right up your alley kg

Hoop
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Shortly after KG signed a huge contract in Minny it was reported that he would not even give pizza delivery guys a tip. KG said "the guys get paid to deliver, they don't need a tip". He was making like over 10 million a year at the time.

What a :censored:, if I made anywhere close to that much money I'd give the dude a hundred dollar bill every time and tell him to keep the change.

KG is a first class A-hole but I'll still root for Boston over Miami if it comes down to that, :blush: I dislike Lebron even more.

Ransom
02-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Clearly, this is meant to be a homage to Celtic legend Bill Russel, who also never gave autographs. Admittedly, Russel had about a hundred thousand times more justification for disliking fans than KG ever could, but still, gotta respect the green right?

Basketball Fan
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
I never liked KG to begin with so this really doesn't change anything for me.

And it was talked about on Around the Horn in case anyone cared Bob Ryan justified it, Adande would rather hear KG on the court and I forgot the rest.

xtacy
02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
You don't say stuff like that to kids. If he didn't want to sign an autograph, thats no big deal. But to turn around and say something like that is wrong and unnecessary.

this.

everytime i think i can't hate kg more he never fails to prove me wrong.

xtacy
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I'll still root for Boston over Miami if it comes down to that, :blush: I dislike Lebron even more.

also this.

makaveli
02-01-2011, 09:55 AM
, if I made anywhere close to that much money I'd give the dude a hundred dollar bill every time and tell him to keep the change.

Funny you bring that up, because I had to tell a certain Mr. Danny Granger what I thought of his going on twitter and bragging that he had given a homeless woman 15 dollars and ignoring the crying baby she had stuffed in a grocery sack in freezing temps. I took some flack on Twitter that Danny had no responsibility to help this woman and he couldn't save everyone but I took exception for a couple of reasons:

1.They were on the road in Chicago, which means Danny got his usual $150 per diem....so the 15 bucks technically didn't even come out of his pocket.

2.Common decency says if you see a situation were a child is in danger you call the authorities

3.you don't take to twitter or any other outlet to brag that you had done this great kindness when in fact you did nothing more and in fact a little less than any normal person would have done.

Now Danny may or may not have read my tweet telling him what I thought....i really don't care one way or the other, but these uppity a-hole athletes need a wake up call.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Needed to rant.

Follow me on twitter... http://twitter.com/#!/makaveli1376

Indra
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Funny you bring that up, because I had to tell a certain Mr. Danny Granger what I thought of his going on twitter and bragging that he had given a homeless woman 15 dollars and ignoring the crying baby she had stuffed in a grocery sack in freezing temps. I took some flack on Twitter that Danny had no responsibility to help this woman and he couldn't save everyone but I took exception for a couple of reasons:

1.They were on the road in Chicago, which means Danny got his usual $150 per diem....so the 15 bucks technically didn't even come out of his pocket.

2.Common decency says if you see a situation were a child is in danger you call the authorities

3.you don't take to twitter or any other outlet to brag that you had done this great kindness when in fact you did nothing more and in fact a little less than any normal person would have done.

Now Danny may or may not have read my tweet telling him what I thought....i really don't care one way or the other, but these uppity a-hole athletes need a wake up call.

I have no desire to follow a person like you on twitter, thanks.

Unclebuck
02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
KG is one of my alltime favorite players because of the way he plays on the court

Ozwalt72
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
KG is one of my alltime favorite players because of the way he plays on the court

He's one of my least favorite players because of how he acts on the court. But yes, especially in his younger days, he was fun to watch.

90'sNBARocked
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM

I agree with that, and felt thee same about AI

However hearing this consistent BS from KG makes me question my liking of him

makaveli
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I have no desire to follow a person like you on twitter, thanks.

You have no idea what kind of person I am. None. In case you hadn't noticed this is the internet not the real world. I prefer that those that have trouble discerning the difference between the two not follow me. I have no time for the delusional.

spreedom
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
You have no idea what kind of person I am. None. In case you hadn't noticed this is the internet not the real world. I prefer that those that have trouble discerning the difference between the two not follow me. I have no time for the delusional.

So, you're saying that you are in character when you post online or something? What sense does that make?

Pacersalltheway10
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Thank goodness there is no one on the Pacers that **** up. I have written to every Indiana Pacers through the mail and they've sent a letter thanking me and an autograph.

Indra
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM
So, you're saying that you are in character when you post online or something? What sense does that make?

I lol'd

Let me rephrase. I have no desire to follow someone like your internet personality on twitter. Anyone who thinks that that bragging on a Pacers forum about chewing out Danny Granger on twitter for giving money to a homeless person is going to get them more followers is clearly the delusional one.

Trader Joe
02-02-2011, 02:21 AM
All,

What Sir Kevin Garnett the Gregarious actually said to the young chap was,

"Dear child, I do not have time to give you my signature for your keep sakes, but this is because I must put on my cape and fly to Afghanistan if I want to have a better chance of catching Bin Laden and then returning in time to cure cancer. May peace and many blessings be upon your soul, son. I must be off!"

And with that KG flew off into that dark, foreboding night while he farted lollipops and belched bubble gum. He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Sincerely,

Doc Rivers

Psyren
02-02-2011, 02:57 AM
As most have said in this thread, the worst part is saying it to a kid.

Honestly, that's something you don't say to anyone of any age, but a child?

What a classless piece of ******. I liked the guy when he was in Minny. Ever since he's been in Boston, he's been nothing but a complete jerk.

Not that he cares, but any respect he had from me is entirely gone. He competes, he plays hard and plays with a lot of heart. But when you act like a complete a** to a kid who just wanted a keepsake, there's no room for any respect.

Just say no to the kid. Or ignore him. I thought KG was better than that. I guess not.

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 03:00 AM
I used to like Kevin Garnett.

The more I hear about him the more I think that if he was made out of a pile of ****, what a waste of **** that would be.

Gold
02-02-2011, 03:27 AM

He didn't brag about giving her money first of all. it was just part of the story. What Danny was saying in that story was that in that kind of situation, he doesn't mind someone trying to scam him for money. She really needed help pretty much was what he was saying....because some people would rather get money from people to further destroy themselves. He also added it was just a situation that made him appreciative. It's not like all he posted was "This lady needed money and I gave her more than what she asked for. Aren't I great? The End"

Second of all, how was the baby in any clear danger? First of all he never said it was in a grocery sack, he just said it was in a bag. If she needs money bad enough to scam people for it, she probably can't really afford a nice baby carrier or anything. It's winter time, it was probably in a decent sized duffel bag of some sort with blankets to keep it warm.

You read way to much and at the same time way too less in the story.

CircleCity3318
02-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Just give it time it's not if he will do another bone head action it's when.

Peck
02-02-2011, 04:01 AM

Really?

Why?

Roaming Gnome
02-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry... I don't give autographs.

That is all he had to say. There have been many greats that don't give autographs. I remember being a kid hearing my dad tell my mother that he was at St. Elmo's when Kareem Abdul Jabbar was dinning. He went onto say that he was very gracious in turning down every request for an autograph before, during and after his meal.

How hard is that, KG?

travmil
02-02-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm not defending KG here, but it should be mentioned that the boy he refused to sign for was a Lakers ball boy, dressed in full Lakers gear, during the Celtics game against the Lakers. Figured I would say this since the OP doesn't mention it and it looks like he said this to a kid that just walked up to him on the street.

http://www.necn.com/01/31/11/Report-KG-refuses-autograph-mentions-bin/landing_sports.html?blockID=401272&feedID=3352

thewholefnshow31
02-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I never liked KG to begin with so this really doesn't change anything for me.

And it was talked about on Around the Horn in case anyone cared Bob Ryan justified it, Adande would rather hear KG on the court and I forgot the rest.

There is a shock. :rolleyes: Ryan would find a way to justify KG murdering someone.

I am not surprised that KG said this. The guy is a giant douchebag who tries to act like he is some kind of badass all the time. The guy in reality is just a bunch of talk and will only go after people he knows he can intimidate. He would never try his antics with someone like Dwight Howard.

Usually I feel bad when players get hurt and never wish injury on players, but I literally laughed out loud when he got hurt a few years and said that is what you get for being a giant prick to people.

Basketball Fan
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm not defending KG here, but it should be mentioned that the boy he refused to sign for was a Lakers ball boy, dressed in full Lakers gear, during the Celtics game against the Lakers. Figured I would say this since the OP doesn't mention it and it looks like he said this to a kid that just walked up to him on the street.

http://www.necn.com/01/31/11/Report-KG-refuses-autograph-mentions-bin/landing_sports.html?blockID=401272&feedID=3352

I have no issue with him not signing autographs he isn't obligated to do so but I really think the Bin Laden reference was at the very least in bad taste I mean how old is that kid he probably doesn't know who Bin Laden is.

90'sNBARocked
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I have no issue with him not signing autographs he isn't obligated to do so but I really think the Bin Laden reference was at the very least in bad taste I mean how old is that kid he probably doesn't know who Bin Laden is.

Im with you and Gnome man

He simply could have said "sorry kid , I dont do that:

but no he had to be a dk about it

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Anybody love it the other day when KG got that Elbow to the head and had blood gushing down his face? Man that was nice.

Last night Cousins hip checked him was they were fighting for a loose ball and KG landed in the first throw and knocked himself real good.

There was no KG in your face somebody hold me back I wanna act all real hard! Infact it was Rondo who as pushing on Cousins. KG needs his 6-4 PG guard to stand up for him.

Hibbert
02-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Was this kid a Charlie? KG doesnt like people named Charlie so that might justify this. First the Charlie V comments than punching Charlie Frye in the groin.

ballism
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Was this kid a Charlie? KG doesnt like people named Charlie so that might justify this. First the Charlie V comments than punching Charlie Frye in the groin.

Charlie Frye - NFL, Channing Frye - NBA.

FlavaDave
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM

So, you are upset that someone is judging your real-life character based on what you said on the Internet and your Twitter account... And you are judging Danny Granger's real life character for what he said on his Twitter account? Say what?

Mr_Smith
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
KG wasn't "tough" until he left Minnesota. Dude is fake to me

RWB
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM

No excuse, I saw Manning sign an autograph for a guy wearing a New England Patriot Jersey.