PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Milwaukee

DGPR
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
So me and the wife are planning on taking a trip up to Milwaukee on the 12th to see the Pacers play at Bradley Center, but we also want to know what else Milwaukee has to offer around that location. What are the good places to eat? What are the best hotels in the area that are close by? I've never been to Milwaukee so I need a little help from people who live there or who have been there before so I can make this trip enjoyable and not a huge headache. ;)

RomanGabriel
01-31-2011, 09:09 AM
I usually drive up from Chicago once a year and went to the game in December (when Bogut got the bogus alley-oop with no time on the clock). The Bradley Center is very easy to access. Just a block or two off Highway 43. There's a nice walking area along the river one block to the east of the Arena. There are multiple restaurants along the river/3rd St. The most popular (and a bit pricey) is Mader's. But there are loads of pizza joints/pubs/delis along 3rd St. Not sure about the hotel situation, but I know the Hyatt (where some of the teams stay) is a block to the south of the Arena. If you're going to be there for more than the day, remember to do one of the brewery tours, the Harley-Davidson museum, and/or take in Lake Michigan. Milwaukee is almost the exact same size as Indy, so it's fairly easy to get around.

travmil
01-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Milwaukee is almost the exact same size as Indy, so it's fairly easy to get around.

I don't think this is accurate. Indy is WAY bigger than Milwaukee both in population and physical size of the city. MW is easy to get around in though.

I don't know anything about the Bucks arena, but the HD Museum and brewery tours are a great idea even if you don't like beer. Promise me if you go you'll take a vid of yourselves in front of the brewery going "Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!'"

Right now half of you are laughing, the other half are wondering what happened in this country before 1990.