PDA

View Full Version : Vogel and George on WTHR sports JAM at 11:30

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_brunner.html

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 08:14 PM
P4E, you said you talked w/ BRush yesterday on XBox.. And you said you guys were talking about JOB... What did he say? Just curious.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
P4E, you said you talked w/ BRush yesterday on XBox.. And you said you guys were talking about JOB... What did he say? Just curious.

im not gonna say on here

One thing i will share I ask him who is the fastest player with the ball. He said D rose he said Drose is nearly impossible to guard. We tlked about a lot of different things i beat him with a buzzer beater.

vapacersfan
01-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but does B Rush work for the Pacers (an asst coach?)

Thanks for the link, still trying to get caught up on everything that happened toda

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but does B Rush work for the Pacers (an asst coach?)

Thanks for the link, still trying to get caught up on everything that happened toda

Brandon Rush the SG lol

vapacersfan
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh, the player. Sorry, I thought you meant Brush With Death, the poster

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:34 PM
WTHRcom WTHR.com
by King24George
Your @IndianaPacers taking over #SportsJam tonight. Hear from the new coach and @King24George came in for an interview, too!

via Twitter

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
What time is Sports Jam? I haven't watched it for so long I can't remember the time.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:37 PM
What time is Sports Jam? I haven't watched it for so long I can't remember the time.

11:30 i think the end of the news i'll tape it cause ill 4 get to watch it if i dont

Heisenberg
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Sports Locker's on WISH. They're gonna be on Sports JAM, just so no one gets confused.

Local news has some pretty creative show names eh?

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 08:50 PM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j430/pacer4ever/233508979.jpg

Paul just tweeted this

Trophy
01-30-2011, 08:51 PM

Paul just tweeted this

That's a nice leather jacket.

dgranger17
01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
This better be the most televised program in Indiana history. This is bigger than the Super Bowl. I might sound like I'm over-reacting, but this is a new era in Pacers basketball. This is huge. Everything we as die-hard and loyal fans have been waiting on for the last 3 years is finally taking place. Solid, young team with money to spend in the off-season plus a young inexperienced head coach with 14 years of NBA experience... I can honestly say I've never been this excited about anything ever before (shows you how much my life matters). After watching Larry and Frank speak, I'm just giddy with pure joy, happiness, and good old fashioned excitement. No doubt in my mind we win out this year. No doubt.

Larry Legend

Pacerfan
01-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Is there anywhere to watch this online for all us who don't live in Indy?

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Chris Denari will be on WISHTV around 11:30 tonight.

El Pacero
01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
MG tweeted he'll be on Fox 59 a little after 10:30 (after Pro Bowl ends).

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
MG tweeted he'll be on Fox 59 a little after 10:30 (after Pro Bowl ends).

Pro Bowl just ended, so MG should be on in about 35 minutes. around 11:15

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 10:45 PM
they are tlking pacers right now on fox

Sookie
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM

Paul just tweeted this

..Paul George is a...um..really nice looking kid. :D

Actually reminds me of Rudy Gay a bit.

Trophy
01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
..Paul George is a...um..really nice looking kid. :D

Actually reminds me of Rudy Gay a bit.

The way he plays really does.

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Wells on right now with Collabro.

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, I just caught Seth downing beer on TV footage.

Day-V
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Man, how can you NOT like Grady? He's a good dude.

El Pacero
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
After watching Fox, I'd like to thank Michael Grady for being a part of the Pacers organization.

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Wells said Vogel is inexperienced, team is young, Bird wants results. Wouldn't want to be in Vogel's shoes right now.

El Pacero
01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Man, how can you NOT like Grady? He's a good dude.

Ha, we think alike. Who are you?

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Either TJ was doing a team event or a news crew stalked him while he was doing his grocery shopping because he was answering questions about JOB getting canned while folks were shopping in the background.

Heisenberg
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Denari on Sports Locker

Heisenberg
01-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Either TJ was doing a team event or a news crew stalked him while he was doing his grocery shopping because he was answering questions about JOB getting canned while folks were shopping in the background.
He was doing a coat drive. Another example of him being a true quality person.

Sookie

He had his coat drive today.

pacer4ever

His annual coat drive at dicks sporting goods

Heisenberg
01-30-2011, 11:29 PM
"Jimmy does things Jimmy does" cracks me up more every time I hear it

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm watching Sports Jam, and recording Denari on Sports Locker. Sadly, this is the most excited I've been to seek out Pacers coverage in years...

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Vogel is a good commucator Dunleavy raves about him which was JOB's weakness. Mike Wells

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Paul George next!

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Wells had a funny line earlier saying that the fans he's talked to would have paid for JOB's moving vans themselves if it got him out of here sooner.

DemonHunter1105

Haha, I kept noticing that every time they showed that part of the conference too.

It kind of sums up his tenure here because it lets you fill in the blank for whatever you think "Jimmy does," when he coaches.

Heisenberg
Vogel: "It's gonna be on the players, not on me." In regards to getting to the playoffs.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
damm PG24 80s night?

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:35 PM
My wife said Seth looked like he was a weirdo in a turtle neck Pacemate costume! LOL! She specifically singled him out and doesn't know who he is at all. She just saw him in the seats behind Obie on the news footage.

Unclebuck
George says it wasn't time for a change

Heisenberg
damm PG24 80s night?PG wasn't even alive in the 80s. Jesus I feel old.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:36 PM
translation of what PG said

"yes time to fire JOB we tuned him out"

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:37 PM

Like he was gonna come out and say yes i tuned JOB out :laugh:

travmil
01-30-2011, 11:37 PM

That's not what he said at all. What he said was that the players hadn't tuned him out. Just because he said that doesn't mean it's not time for a change. He also said that Lance was down from not playing and is looking forward to that changing.

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 11:39 PM
That's not what he said at all. What he said was that the players hadn't tuned him out. Just because he said that doesn't mean it's not time for a change.

no, he was asked if it was time for a change, and he said no. (didn't he) maybe I misheard. Terrible questions by Dave Calabro though

Sookie
01-30-2011, 11:40 PM
That's not what he said at all. What he said was that the players hadn't tuned him out. Just because he said that doesn't mean it's not time for a change. He also said that Lance was down from not playing and is looking forward to that changing.

Wells had specifically said that Paul George, AJ Price, and Tyler Hansbrough hadn't tuned JOB out. I don't think Roy did either. But I think a lot of the guys (Danny, specifically) did.

ilive4sports

Jimmy crack corn and I dont care

Trophy
Is this gonna be on the website tomorrow?

I really want to see this.

pacer4ever
no, he was asked if it was time for a change, and he said no. (didn't he) Terrible questions by Dave Calabro though

Like i said even if Paul thinks it is time for a change no way in hell he will say so.

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Overall I have a feeling that Lance is better than he is made out to be by Obie and posters on here. Just a hunch.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Overall I have a feeling that Lance is better than he is made out to be by Obie and posters on here. Just a hunch.

I scouted him as a late 1st rd pick and should be able to help a team in the scoring department right away. I guess JOB doesnt agree with the way I scout.

PaceBalls
01-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Paul is a good kid, intelligent, very articulate, but most important he has a sweet jumper. There really isn't much to glean from these kind of interviews beyond that.

The one thing I did notice was how he never once referred to Jim as Coach O'brien, but every time he talked about Frank it was Coach Frank. He mentioned both their names like this 5 times each or so.

Day-V
01-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Ha, we think alike. Who are you?

"Do you PTO?"

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Like i told duke this move didnt cost us any money thatss what rich nye said. But Dukie didnt belive me

Day-V
01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Like i told duke this move didnt cost us any money thatss what rich nye said. But Dukie didnt belive me

I think Duke was just ****ing with you.

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Wells had specifically said that Paul George, AJ Price, and Tyler Hansbrough hadn't tuned JOB out. I don't think Roy did either. But I think a lot of the guys (Danny, specifically) did.

He said that again 2 nite i think thats just the way he sees it. He didnt say the vetern said they tuned him out but he said that when J mac was starting then went to getting a DNP CD the next game that really made them mad they just want to know there role.

Danny really likes Vogel he warms him up b4 every game and they talk quite often.

who will be the new guy warming up Danny? I guess we will wait and se 2mrw....:laugh:

Really?
01-30-2011, 11:55 PM
I scouted him as a late 1st rd pick and should be able to help a team in the scoring department right away. I guess JOB doesnt agree with the way I scout.

I think Lance may get sometime but I doubt that it will be much... he still will have to play behind price and Collision as well as Rush Dunleavy and George.

humm so we will have

Roy, Tyler, Josh, Paul, Granger, Collison, Foster, Lance, Aj, Dunleavy, Rush

Thinking Posey, Solo and Danhty will be on the bench for a while...

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 11:58 PM
I think Lance may get sometime but I doubt that it will be much... he still will have to play behind price and Collision as well as Rush Dunleavy and George.

humm so we will have

Roy, Tyler, Josh, Paul, Granger, Collison, Foster, Lance, Aj, Dunleavy, Rush

Thinking Posey, Solo and Danhty will be on the bench for a while...

What many dont know about Lance is he can play the SF also strong as a bull. I would like to cut Dunleavy's mins to about 15(doubt that happens but i can dream right). So there would be an extra 15-20 mins for Lance and Paul 2 share. I would like Paul to get about 32 mins per game.

Peck
01-31-2011, 12:05 AM
T.J. Ford should immediately be given a medal by the Pacers P.R. staff.

My God if there was ever a human alive that had a right to say anything about Jim O'Brien and his time here it would be T.J. Ford.

But the man not only didn't say anything bad, he went on to talk about how bad he felt about him losing his job.

Was this a P.R. ploy? Maybe, but to me you could look at him an see that this wasn't someone who was just making a speech to save face. He genuinely seemed to care.

Again, no matter what any of us have ever thought about him as a basketball player there is just nothing you can say about him as a decent human being.

Psyren
01-31-2011, 12:09 AM

My God if there was ever a human alive that had a right to say anything about Jim O'Brien and his time here it would be T.J. Ford.

But the man not only didn't say anything bad, he went on to talk about how bad he felt about him losing his job.

Was this a P.R. ploy? Maybe, but to me you could look at him an see that this wasn't someone who was just making a speech to save face. He genuinely seemed to care.

Again, no matter what any of us have ever thought about him as a basketball player there is just nothing you can say about him as a decent human being.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm not much for TJ as a basketball player, but the guy is 100% professional, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

Just a class act all the way.

Since86
01-31-2011, 12:10 AM

He had a great interview with JMV friday at 5, too.

pacer4ever
01-31-2011, 12:12 AM
He had a great interview with JMV friday at 5, too.

"I want to play"

Ya i though he did good

Trophy
01-31-2011, 12:14 AM
I hope we're able to move TJ to a team he is happy with.

He's a great person and I'm gonna miss him for the things he's done off the court once he's gone.

He really improved this team's image with what he's done.

Heisenberg
01-31-2011, 12:18 AM
JOB also did a lot of great work off the floor he never got his just due for.

Sookie
01-31-2011, 12:53 AM

Complete professional. And seems to be a good person.

I actually hope we trade him to a contender. I don't want to see him play, I don't think he's very good. But as a person, and for what he's dealt with, he's one of those guys that I'd like to see get a chance as a backup on a really good team.

Pacerfan
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Look what I found! :)

http://www.wthr.com/video?clipId=5517852&topVideoCatNo=103348&autoStart=true

ilive4sports
01-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Did you guys see PG's face light up when they were talking about how he will be getting more playing time? He is extremely excited about that, can't wait to see him and the other young guys on the court improving..

Hoop
01-31-2011, 01:57 AM
Paul is a really impressive 20 year old, so mature sounding and well spoken.

If he can reach his potential, with the off the charts athletic ability he has, he could really be a special player. I'm excited!

PacersFan1991
01-31-2011, 03:22 AM
I think Paul will play ALOT the rest of the season, and play well. Then next year, he could really do some damage as a starter the whole year.

travmil
01-31-2011, 08:01 AM
After re-watching the video, here was Collabro's question paraphrased.

Did O'Brien lose the guys, were the guys not listeing, was it time for a change? That's a multiple part question.

So he did actually answer "No" which I did not hear the first time through so I admit I was wrong about that. However, when Paul said "no" I believe he was saying no to the first part, not to the second part. Meaning he was saying "No O'Brien didn't lose us, we were still listening". I don't believe he was saying "No, it wasn't time for a change". Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Speed
01-31-2011, 08:26 AM
A 20 year old rookie, better say no when asked if he's listening to the coach, whoever it is.

Tom White
01-31-2011, 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting this. I think there are a number of other players on the team who could take a lesson or two from TJ in the area of public service.

I always hear about this player or that player being "good in the community", but other than the Pacers' organized Thanksgiving dinner event, where are they?

I'll use Granger as an example, because he is one that has been pointed out many times recently as being "good in the community", and is supposed to be the face of the franchise. When is the last time we've heard about him doing something like what TJ is doing? Did I simply miss the news?

Tell you what. I think it would be nice if Pacers Digest could do a Pacer Player Public Service Award each year, honoring the player that (by a vote in a poll) has done the most for the community. Maybe some of us could chip in on a plaque as an award? Any thoughts?

travmil
01-31-2011, 09:32 AM
I'll use Granger as an example, because he is one that has been pointed out many times recently as being "good in the community", and is supposed to be the face of the franchise. When is the last time we've heard about him doing something like what TJ is doing? Did I simply miss the news?

I could be wrong about this, but Granger runs his basketball camp in New Mexico which is where I think he also makes his off season home. I say this because I saw him get out of his SUV once at Castleton Square and it had New Mexico plates on it. Maybe he focuses his efforts there rather than here.

Unclebuck
01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
After re-watching the video, here was Collabro's question paraphrased.

Did O'Brien lose the guys, were the guys not listeing, was it time for a change? That's a multiple part question.

So he did actually answer "No" which I did not hear the first time through so I admit I was wrong about that. However, when Paul said "no" I believe he was saying no to the first part, not to the second part. Meaning he was saying "No O'Brien didn't lose us, we were still listening". I don't believe he was saying "No, it wasn't time for a change". Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

I think what we learned is how bad of an interviewer Calabro is.

RWB
01-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Can't comment on the Obie part, but....a person who sits on the Pacer bench said Lance has allstar ability and with the right attitude could be the best player on the team.

pacer4ever
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Can't comment on the Obie part, but....a person who sits on the Pacer bench said Lance has allstar ability and with the right attitude could be the best player on the team.

That is how I scout him he could be a star if he gets his mind right and works really hard. If he had Paul's mentality he would have been a lottery pick.

McKeyFan
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
That is how I scout him he could be a star if he gets his mind right and works really hard. If he had Paul's mentality he would have been a lottery pick.
I've been as big a Lance supporter as there is on the board. But if he keeps slapping women and chasing whores, he has no future.

pacer4ever
01-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I've been as big a Lance supporter as there is on the board. But if he keeps slapping women and chasing whores, he has no future.

thast why he went 40th

NuffSaid
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
He said that again 2 nite i think thats just the way he sees it. He didnt say the vetern said they tuned him out but he said that when J mac was starting then went to getting a DNP CD the next game that really made them mad they just want to know there role.

I'd say the following were the biggest issues players had against JOB:

1) Never settled on a solid rotation.

2) Always relied on veterans even when statistically they didn't perform much better than the newbies.

3) Poor communications, i.e., benching players but rarely, if ever, explaining to them why?

Three things I like of what Vogel said during his press conference:

1) he will establish a solid rotation pattern.

2) he will communicate with players (reserves) and let them know when they'll get playing time and why (starters and reserves) will be benched.

3) he'll play the younger guys more.

So far, so good. Can't wait for tonight's game. :D