PDA

View Full Version : Catching tonight's game on Tivo... WHAT THE BLEEP was with that technical on Josh??

Hicks
01-30-2011, 01:08 AM
That's the most ridiculous officiating I recall seeing in a long, long time.

I just had to say something about it here. I still can't believe it.

First this idiot wearing an official's uniform wants to THROW HIM OUT for NOTHING!

Look, when I say nothing, I acknowledge he shoved Carlos Boozer, but so freaking what?! That kind of a shove is NOT out of the ordinary in the NBA amongst the big men. That is a STANDARD shove.

I'm just still incredulous about this. I feel like I need to write a letter to my congressman.

Absolutely outrageous.

!

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
I completely forgot about this, and then remembered and now I am even more pissed than I was about another failed second half.

TBH, if I was Josh I would have went ape **** on that ref, no joke. It would have been 5x worse than the Manleavy video on Youtube.

Merz
01-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Look, when I say nothing, I acknowledge he shoved Carlos Boozer, but so freaking what?! That kind of a shove is NOT out of the ordinary in the NBA amongst the big men. That is a STANDARD shove.

!

Boozer was shoving underneath the basket all game long so I don't Josh for shoving him back. Every time the Pacers tries to equal their physicality (mainly Foster) the refs called a foul. Then having to watch the Chicago feed just made it all the more frustrating for me.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-30-2011, 01:37 AM
It's just the refs getting their 15 minutes of fame. Standard practice in the NBA.

owl
01-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Shahing my head. I can't stand the NBA double standard. When it is blatant it makes
me not want to watch. I think since Chicago is physical all the time the refs just accept it. The Pacers are physical occasionally and then it stands out like a sore thumb.
Or maybe the refs are just playing favorites. Frustrating regardless. Just have to keep it in perspective relative to what is happening in the rest of the world.

xIndyFan
01-30-2011, 01:38 AM
That's the most ridiculous officiating I recall seeing in a long, long time.

I just had to say something about it here. I still can't believe it.

First this idiot wearing an official's uniform wants to THROW HIM OUT for NOTHING!

I'm just still incredulous about this. I feel like I need to write a letter to my congressman.

Absolutely outrageous.

!

mark davis is terrible. he is my new least favorite official.

but jason phillips gave out all the T's. don't know him. :shrug:

Trophy
01-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Here's what I think of the refs...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-BoeBedZ3k" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

xBulletproof
01-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

At least the game was out of hand already, or otherwise it would have been infuriating.

croz24
01-30-2011, 01:47 AM
i'm just catching it as well on the replay on fsn. so was the ejection switched to just a foul after looking at the video?

edit: alright so he was just assessed a tech. idk that was awfully weak. i bet the nba rescinds that tech.

Sandman21
01-30-2011, 01:47 AM
Look at the bright side..... as PATHETIC that call was, it did get JOB tossed.... :D

Hicks
01-30-2011, 01:54 AM
i'm just catching it as well on the replay on fsn. so was the ejection switched to just a foul after looking at the video?

edit: alright so he was just assessed a tech. idk that was awfully weak. i bet the nba rescinds that tech.

Ejection, to seemingly just a foul, to ultimately a technical. Awful call.

Hicks
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Look at the bright side..... as PATHETIC that call was, it did get JOB tossed.... :D

JOB got screwed. He only got that second T protesting the absurd call on Josh. When they rescinded Josh's ejection, they should have rescinded Jim's 2nd T as well.

Trophy
01-30-2011, 01:58 AM

Frank Vogel was already smarter than JOB by putting Roy into the game.

Sadly, it was too late and Jim's boy James Posey ruined it.

I don't have a problem with Vogel being the coach for the rest of the year The players seem to like him and they work with him prior to games and I enjoyed his pre-game strategy videos.

Lord Helmet
01-30-2011, 03:14 AM
NBA refs are the worst.

presto123
01-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Terrible call but do you guys think the refs were just trying to make sure nothing escalated and it was almost a make-up call? The reason I say that is do you remember Josh's foul right before the Boozer foul. I thought there was a chance they would call a flagrant on that one and didn't. Sure Josh got dunked on but it looked like Josh smacked him right in the face. On purpose? At any rate I like hard fouls by Josh. Somebody has got to start owning the paint.

Sandman21
01-30-2011, 03:45 AM
JOB got screwed. He only got that second T protesting the absurd call on Josh. When they rescinded Josh's ejection, they should have rescinded Jim's 2nd T as well.

I agree, JOB got screwed, but on the other hand, I DON'T want JOB on our bench to begin with!:laugh:

Give us a small victory here! For approximately 3 minutes our Indiana Pacers were free of our stretch forward loving excuse of a head coach! :D

El Pacero
01-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Josh will have to pay $2,000.00 for pushing an arm.

Interesting and long list of players with techs this season:
http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/TechStatus.pdf

pwee31
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Speaking of techs, what was up with O'Brien's 1st tech? The team had possession after the rebound, with a chance to push the ball up the court and get the game back to single digits.

For those who have dvr or tivo and still have the game, look at our players reactions when he got that tech.

idioteque
01-30-2011, 11:27 AM
The NBA, for a lack of a better term, has gone pansy. The NFL has as well. I don't know why sports leagues cant just go back to the standards upheld in the terrible, barbaric, life as brute and short dark ages period known as the 1990's. My interest in both leagues has sharply fallen due to these kinds of things.n they are literally taking the fun and excitement out of sports.

Justin Tyme
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Speaking of techs, what was up with O'Brien's 1st tech? The team had possession after the rebound, with a chance to push the ball up the court and get the game back to single digits.

For those who have dvr or tivo and still have the game, look at our players reactions when he got that tech.

For us that doesn't have either, what were the players reactions?

Makem JOBless
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM

That was the best play of the night, it's too bad it didn't happen 7 minutes earlier.

vnzla81
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
For us that doesn't have either, what were the players reactions?

they were laughing

PacerGuy
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
The first was an over-reaction to seeing something that was not there. He obviously thought he saw Josh be much more physical then he was. He did start w/ the lowered shoulder but backed off considerable & IMO was not even a foul - it was a no-call. It did not affect the play, the game, nor did Boozer react/ over-react to it.
After review & resinding the ejection (the right call), the tech stood to save face, nothing more. No was they could go from throwing a guy out to doing nothing. Weak, yes, but IMO not surprising. I could see the NBA reversing the tech as well, after the fact & no one paying attention (except Josh of course).

BRushWithDeath
01-30-2011, 01:07 PM
. I could see the NBA reversing the tech as well, after the fact & no one paying attention (except Josh of course).

And his accountant.